PDA

View Full Version : LF: An Artist for collaboration

dresdor
2010-04-01, 06:25 AM
After many attempts to do it myself, I realize that I am what is technically referred to as "art retarded" and quite unable to create anything in any format that doesn't cause people to want to projectile vomit.

What I'm looking for, then, is an artist to help make a webcomic. I'm a competent writer and have some ideas and a general plot (though I'm willing to work with the artist if they have ideas).

In terms of compensation, I can offer nothing. This is a project I am wanting to do for fun and to tell a story and create something to be enjoyed. If the webcomic gets to the point where there is adsense or other ad revenue, such income will be split evenly. If it gets to a very lucrative point, the artist and I will discuss terms at that time (which I highly doubt will happen).

Anywho, what I'd like from any interested artists is a brief bit of information about you and a sample of your work. I'm not sure on format at this time, but at least one of my ideas works with the OOTS style, and another works with a more manga style. If you have your own flair or drawing style, then please provide an example and I'll see if it would fit with my ideas.

Thank you all ahead of time and I am sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

If you don't with to post here for any reason, I will accept submissions at matodt at netscape.net; please make "Artist for Collaboration" the subject line to help sort it from spam.

Thank you all.
-Dres

dresdor
2010-04-02, 08:18 PM
Bumping this

Fay Graydon
2010-04-02, 09:13 PM
Like I tend to say in similar threads looking for webcomic artists.
Give a few character descriptions or a little comic script and ask people to submit a copy if interested ^^

dresdor
2010-04-02, 09:55 PM
A good idea.

Okay; I'd like to see renditions of a bit of an action scene: The setup being an intelligent looking man leaving a rare book shop with a book, walking down the street when a thief runs out of an alley and collides with him. The thief drops the book he was carrying, but quickly picks up one of the two books and runs off. The intelligent man picks up the other, dusts himself off and continues home a bit frazzled.

Any part of that would be good, or the characters. This one in particular I had a bit more of a manga idea to it, but I'm interested to see other takes.

The more OOTSy or D&D based storyline I am working on is based in a large-scale continental war. I'd appreciate seeing scenes of battle or of characters who look like battlefield commanders. Use your imagination to show me your talents, but if you need inspiration:

One of the commanders is a nobleman who intends to let as many of his people die as it takes to make himself look good. He rides a white horse into battle (when he gets near a battle) and is dressed out with the finest jewels and gold. He always has a loyal bodyguard of mounted veterans.

I appreciate it in advance.

Dr.Epic
2010-04-07, 04:14 AM
Still looking for an artist? I'm slightly interested. Will send some sample work later today or tomorrow.

dresdor
2010-04-07, 08:41 PM
I am still looking for an artist. I look forward to your submission.

Dr.Epic
2010-04-07, 09:24 PM
I am still looking for an artist. I look forward to your submission.

I'll PM you some time tomorrow. Keep in mind that I have a lot going on right now (finals at college) and lack a scanner at home to upload art so it might take a while to get this off the ground. I'm still be interested in taking about the comic, plot, characters and ways to visually portray them.

Dr.Epic
2010-04-08, 01:27 PM
Hey it's me again. Had some trouble uploading the image. Will try again later. Just didn't want you to think I'd forgotten if I can't send you something today.