PDA

View Full Version : I am Ozzy!

Froogleyboy
2010-04-03, 09:17 PM
Has anyone read this yet, I'm half-way through and I love it. Whilst it is filled with stories of his wild antics, it also has some good philosophy in it. I never realised how deep he was.

The Big Dice
2010-04-04, 06:10 AM
I haven't rad the book, but I'm a huge fan of Ozzy. Don't let the shuffling and mumbling fool you, he's a seriously smart guy who has managed to survive when he should probably have died at least a dozen times in his drug and booze days.

Decoy Lockbox
2010-04-04, 11:16 AM
He also snorted ants one time.

If you want a nutcase who is secretly a genius philosopher, then look no further than IRON MIKE TYSON.

Selected quotes from this page (http://kjkolb.tripod.com/homepage/miketysonquotes.html).

“[He] called me a ‘rapist’ and a ‘recluse.’ I’m not a recluse.”

"I paid a worker at New York's zoo to re-open it just for me and Robin. When we got to the gorilla cage there was 1 big silverback gorilla there just bullying all the other gorillas. They were so powerful but their eyes were like an innocent infant. I offered the attendant $10,000 to open the cage and let smash that silverback's snotbox! He declined."

"One morning I woke up and found my favorite pigeon, Julius, had died I was devastated and was gonna use his crate as my stickball bat to honor him. I left the crate on my stoop and went in to get something and I returned to see the sanitation man put the crate into the crusher. I rushed him and caught him flush on the temple with a titanic right hand he was out cold, convulsing on the floor like a infantile retard."

"There are nine million people who see me in the ring and hate my guts. Most of them are white. That's okay. Just spell my name right."

"When you see me smash somebody's skull, you enjoy it."

"Without discipline, no matter how good you are, you are nothing! One day, and I might not be around; you're going to meet a tough guy who takes your best shot. He'll keep coming because he's tough. Don't get discouraged. That's when the discipline comes in."

"My power is discombobulatingly devastating I could feel is muscle tissues collapse under my force. It's ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm."

"I never saw my mother happy with me and proud of me for doing something: She only knew me as being a wild kid running the streets, coming home with new clothes that she knew I didn't pay for. I never got a chance to talk to her or know about her. Professionally, it has no effect, but it's crushing emotionally and personally."

“I want to throw down your kid and stomp on his testicles, and then you will know what it is like to experience waking up everyday as me. And only then will you feel my pain.”

"The one thing I know, everyone respects the true person and everyone's not true with themselves. All of these people who are heroes, these guys who have been lily white and clean all their lives, if they went through what I went through, they would commit suicide. They don't have the heart that I have. I've lived places they can't defecate in."

"I'm not Mother Teresa. But I'm also not Charles Manson!"

"Fear is your best friend or your worst enemy. It's like fire. If you can control it, it can cook for you; it can heat your house. If you can't control it, it will burn everything around you and destroy you. If you can control your fear, it makes you more alert, like a deer coming across the lawn."

"At times, I come across as crude or crass, that irritates you when I come across like a Neanderthal or a babbling idiot at times. But I like to be that person. I like to show you all that person because that's who you come to see."

Froogleyboy
2010-04-04, 11:29 AM
I have no idea how that man is alive

Moff Chumley
2010-04-04, 01:46 PM
My guess: spite. :smallwink:

Decoy Lockbox
2010-04-04, 03:14 PM
I have no idea how that man is alive

Ozzy or Tyson? I think with Ozzy, when Sabbath dropped their first album in '69 he and the rest of the band became metal gods. And, as gods are immortal.....

Think about it, it makes perfect sense:

Lemmy - alive
Halford - alive
Dickenson - alive

The list goes on and on!

In the case of Tyson, I think he's too mean for the reaper to take. I mean, I don't think a skeleton in a black cloak can stand up to his discombobulatingly devastating pugnacity.

Maximum Zersk
2010-04-05, 11:37 PM
Ozzy or Tyson? I think with Ozzy, when Sabbath dropped their first album in '69 he and the rest of the band became metal gods. And, as gods are immortal.....

Think about it, it makes perfect sense:

Lemmy - alive
Halford - alive
Dickenson - alive

The list goes on and on!

In the case of Tyson, I think he's too mean for the reaper to take. I mean, I don't think a skeleton in a black cloak can stand up to his discombobulatingly devastating pugnacity.

Death's more like a grandfather, really. I think he just likes him, maybe.