PDA

View Full Version : My First Thread? My art.

StereoWaste
2010-04-09, 07:31 AM
Well, I really don't know what better place to introduce myself in, other than in the art section, so I suppose i will post some of my art stuff. I am RabbitHoleLost's best friend slash girlfriend slash only-person-that-will-watch-InuYasha-with-her-while-intoxicated person and many other venerable titles. I hear she is famous on the internet, so I suppose if I throw that bone out there - you guys arn't allowed to be to mean to me?

(right?)

Well, lovelies, here we are:

I know you guys like your spoilers so..

A fairy for a friend for Christmas.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/illusiongraphix/Art/anyacopy.jpg

A tattoo design esque thing.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/illusiongraphix/Art/SoTheySayprogress1-2.jpg

Some roleplay I do.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/illusiongraphix/Art/Untitled-1copy-1.jpg

And a self portrait painted in photoshop.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/illusiongraphix/Art/superme.jpg

Yey.

Nameless
2010-04-09, 08:52 AM
Seriously awesome. :smallbiggrin:

Oh, and don't worry. I can still be mean to you. It's not like Rabbit will come all the way to London just to yell at me for it. So you know, I'm safe. :smalltongue:

Mauve Shirt
2010-04-09, 09:07 AM
I hear she is famous on the internet, so I suppose if I throw that bone out there - you guys aren't allowed to be to mean to me?

(right?)
If I put quotes in my sig I would sig this. :smallbiggrin:

And I like your art. :smalltongue: I really like your self portrait.

Vulion
2010-04-09, 09:09 AM
Just so you know, you are now on my list of Artists That F'cking Rock.

Kasanip
2010-04-09, 10:44 AM
You have very beautiful art :smallsmile: I really like your painting!

Jokasti
2010-04-09, 01:08 PM
The self-portrait alone is awesome. And the lineart is nothing to scoff at.

StereoWaste
2010-04-09, 04:51 PM
@ Nameless: She has done stranger things~

@ Mauve: Danke. (:

@ Vulion: One of these days I shall get an art trade from you, dear~

@ Kasanip: Thank you!

@ Jokasti: I never really learned color theory as a kid, so I am pretty much trying to teach myself it over again. I appreciate it. (:

Rutskarn
2010-04-09, 05:17 PM
I know you guys like your spoilers so..

She knows our weaknesses. Of course, we'll have to kill her.

On a rare non-murder note, I like the colors in your art. Maybe this is because I'm a mork who doesn't practice or study half as much as he ought to, but flesh tones that don't like like unvarnished wood have long evaded me, as have colors with meaningful depth and shading. If you've got any pointers to share that don't necessitate sitting in front of a keyboard for six weeks, I'd sure an' appreciate it.

Also, the lineart is very nice--doesn't look flat at all, good variation.

Dallas-Dakota
2010-04-09, 05:20 PM
Ohmahgawd Leo made a account.

Yeah, I know about you. And seen/heard you when the photobucket didn't crash mah firefox. xD

Well I'm a bit known on these forum, so I guess I could be a bit mean:smalltongue:

Fairy: I love the feet, I'm horrible at feet.
Tat: Somehow doesn't look like a tat to me, but that's probably the way it's drawn/coloured and such....
Roleplay: Guys' legs seem pretty short in comparison to the torso. ( I realize where the belt/stuff is, just looking at how the leg is bending)
One thing that I noticed is the way of how the chin/head flows into the neck, nice.
Self Portrait: I swear I've already seen that thing before, maybe Rabbit posted- Nay, it was your Deviant art which Rabbit linked.
I really like it though.
Same goes for your other stuff.

StereoWaste
2010-04-09, 05:32 PM
If you've got any pointers to share that don't necessitate sitting in front of a keyboard for six weeks, I'd sure an' appreciate it.

The best advice I ever got in terms of coloring and shading is to be aware of a light source. I physically sketch an arrow on a lot of my drawings, like a ray of light and where it hits the character. It seems a lot of us forget that light isn't just omnipresent. Best example is me bastardizing this girl's Sailor Jupiter drawing by tracing it and telling her how to shade.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/illusiongraphix/Art/Jupiter.jpg

And Dallas, thanks for your input~ The self portrait is on my deviantart and my facebook? o:

Nameless
2010-04-09, 06:10 PM
@ Nameless: She has done stranger things~

Should I be worried?

RabbitHoleLost
2010-04-10, 10:51 AM
Should I be worried?

You should be terrified.

I'd, like, cuddle you into oblivion.

Also, yay, StereoArts!

Nameless
2010-04-10, 10:53 AM