PDA

View Full Version : [d20M] Devil May Cry's Blue Rose

HasegawaTakumi
2010-04-09, 08:13 AM
I'm the DM in a d20 Modern campaign, and a player of mine wants a gun similar to Nero's Blue Rose from Devil May Cry 4.

According to the Devil May Cry Wiki (http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Blue_Rose), it "seems to be a heavily modified Smith and Wesson Model 500 double-action revolver, albeit with a traditional 6-shot cylinder as opposed to the M500's 5-shot cylinder." It also has an extra barrel allowing for a double shot.

I was something along these lines:

Damage: 3d8 Ballistic
Critical: either 19-20/x2 or 20/x3
Range increment: 40ft
Rate of Fire: S
Magazine: 6 cyl

What do you think?

Mulletmanalive
2010-04-09, 10:00 AM
The M500 has a basic stat of 2d8. I'm not following the crit ranges thing. The most logical response would be just to grant the Double Tap feat for free with no penalty applied if they actually have Double Tap.

Ashtagon
2010-04-09, 10:32 AM
I wouldn't give an extra die of damage. d20 Modern's firearms rules have firearms deal 2 dice of damage as a standard. Messing with that causes odd interactions with firearm feats and special attacks. Increase it to the next larger die if you have to, but don't add an extra die.

HasegawaTakumi
2010-04-09, 11:36 AM
The M500 has a basic stat of 2d8. I'm not following the crit ranges thing. The most logical response would be just to grant the Double Tap feat for free with no penalty applied if they actually have Double Tap.

Thinking about it, it's so obvious I don't know how I didn't think about it before...
But I mainly play 3.5, so I'm not too used to d20M...

Anyways, thanks for the help