PDA

View Full Version : Lumina's Oots Avatars and Art

Lumina
2010-04-10, 02:53 PM
Wonders peoples thoughts on my first foray into Oots style avatars.

http://www.thetangledweb.net/Lumina/path5158.png

Jokasti
2010-04-10, 03:13 PM
You need to adjust the width. Also there is already a thread for this.

Crimmy
2010-04-10, 06:36 PM
The body does not look all that right, especially because the head should be wider than the body, and in this particular avvie it looks like the body is waay too fat.

The line thickness needs to be checked as well, because it looks odd.
The eyes are not that precise in size, nor in position in regards of the face.

The sword is overdetailed for the size it'sgot, that's what makes the lines in it look too thin, and pixelly.

The body is also too long, the arms usually should be a bit longer than the body.
The hands are too small.

The bottom of the body should not be rounded, unless it's a female, in which case you've still gotta check it, because it looks weird.

The boots are not all that good, and the pose in general looks odd in itself.

Oh, and there is already a thread for this.

Lumina
2010-04-10, 11:28 PM
You need to adjust the width. Also there is already a thread for this.

There is a thread for me to post my artwork as I do it?
I apologize; Apparently I've been making threads without my prior knowledge:smallsigh:

And the width of "what"? Finish sentence please?

Lumina
2010-04-10, 11:37 PM
The body does not look all that right, especially because the head should be wider than the body, and in this particular avvie it looks like the body is waay too fat
That is partially on purpose; Since it's a Adamantine body warforged I've based it off of.

The line thickness needs to be checked as well, because it looks odd.
The eyes are not that precise in size, nor in position in regards of the face.
Fair Enough; Noted.

The sword is overdetailed for the size it's got, that's what makes the lines in it look too thin, and pixelly.
Fair Enough. Noted

The body is also too long, the arms usually should be a bit longer than the body.
The hands are too small.
The body size falls along as above; I did it that way on purpose due to the character I was basing it off of.
The Hand issue; Noted.

The bottom of the body should not be rounded, unless it's a female, in which case you've still gotta check it, because it looks weird.
Eh; I'm going to put this one under personal preference. Because the character is essentially "naked"; having a "square" bottom just didn't look right no matter what I did.
Your right; it might be to pronounced though. Noted.

The boots are not all that good, and the pose in general looks odd in itself.
The Boots Look exactally what I was going for. and much like some of the earlier oots comics cept thier both the same general size.
I'll work on refining them though.

The Pose was copied as close as I possible could to o'chul's epic leap to stab the evil cleric dude. I like the pose. though I could probally put some bend in his forward facing arm

Oh, and there is already a thread for this.

*sigh* so I've been told; I've also noticed many "artists" have thier own thread going for their images.

So :smallyuk:

Jokasti
2010-04-10, 11:42 PM
Mostly that's for drawings. like with paper and pencil. See: Elagune, Vulion, Ninja (sorta). There is however an OotS Style Avatar Showcase Thread.

Lumina
2010-04-10, 11:50 PM
Mostly that's for drawings. like with paper and pencil. See: Elagune, Vulion, Ninja (sorta). There is however an OotS Style Avatar Showcase Thread.

Oh? is that the problem?

Give me a minute; I'll upload one.

Lumina
2010-04-10, 11:53 PM
Better?
Large Image; In spoiler now.

http://www.thetangledweb.net/Lumina/Sleeping_Beauty_by_Sharassir.jpg

Jokasti
2010-04-10, 11:54 PM
Drawings.
But I kid. Just don't forget to put your Warforged in the other thread.
Edit: nice drawing. I like the creases in the pants. The hair is pretty wild too.

Crimmy
2010-04-10, 11:59 PM
There is a thread for me to post my artwork as I do it?
I apologize; Apparently I've been making threads without my prior knowledge:smallsigh:

And the width of "what"? Finish sentence please?

I'd suggest you lower your tone a bit, flamewars are frowned upon in this forum.
We were simply trying to give some pointers. Whether you take them with normality or with anger is none of our business. You could have simply said:

"Okay, I'm sorry, I shall upload them in the other thread"
"Oh, yeah, but I also have sketches and stuff. Here, let me show you what I did: (image)"
"Oh, I see, I didn't know, I'm sorry. I still have sketches/artwork/stuff. Should I continue?"

Just a little pro-tip: Don't get too hot-headed, 'cause it will most probably get you a mayor infraction, or a warning.

However, if you do have sketches, art stuff, and so on, please do show 'em, we're always anxious to see new artists on the rise in here.

-The Adamantine Warforged:
Warforged usually tend to have different "shoulders", not bottoms. I would suggest you look for Almighty Salmon's comic, he has a Warforged in it, caled Gilph, I think. His depiction is nice. Also, Gorbash Kazdar has made some warforgeds too. His tutorial is in the OotS Style Art/Fanart Showcase. I believe I reposted it...

Lumina
2010-04-11, 12:03 AM
I'd suggest you lower your tone a bit, flamewars are frowned upon in this forum.
We were simply trying to give some pointers. Whether you take them with normality or with anger is none of our business. You could have simply said:

"Okay, I'm sorry, I shall upload them in the other thread"
"Oh, yeah, but I also have sketches and stuff. Here, let me show you what I did: (image)"
"Oh, I see, I didn't know, I'm sorry. I still have sketches/artwork/stuff. Should I continue?"

Just a little pro-tip: Don't get too hot-headed, 'cause it will most probably get you a mayor infraction, or a warning.

However, if you do have sketches, art stuff, and so on, please do show 'em, we're always anxious to see new artists on the rise in here.

-The Adamantine Warforged:
Warforged usually tend to have different "shoulders", not bottoms. I would suggest you look for Almighty Salmon's comic, he has a Warforged in it, caled Gilph, I think. His depiction is nice. Also, Gorbash Kazdar has made some warforgeds too. His tutorial is in the OotS Style Art/Fanart Showcase. I believe I reposted it...

I'm sorry; I do apologize.:smallfrown:
I just hate it when people tell me that because it's a certain type of art; it HAS to go certain places.:smallannoyed:

I will check these warforged out; if I can find them; but I don't want to necessarily copy every other artist on the end that they were here first.

Jokasti
2010-04-11, 12:08 AM
I meant adjust the width of your avatar as it looks squashed compared to the image you posted. And really, it's a waste of threads and everyones time if you have to navigate a thread an artist, rather than one giant image du
dump. Heck, some artists hav more than one thread and that itself is a pain to navigate, let alone 40k (if every member were an artist).

Crimmy
2010-04-11, 12:50 AM
Here are the templates made by Gorbash Kazdar:

Lastly, just wanted to toss up the current views of my template/object files since people seem to like seeing them. I ask that people not cut/resize pieces from them, please - if you want to use it as a drawing guide, by all means feel free, but I've seen a few things where I'm fairly sure individual objects have been cut and trimmed from these images to make them.

Anyways, they're sizable images (dimensions, not file size) so under spoilers.
The Bodyshop
http://www.gorbashkazdar.com/avatars/bodyshop.gif

The Armory
http://www.gorbashkazdar.com/avatars/armory.gif

The Wardrobe
http://www.gorbashkazdar.com/avatars/wardrobe.gif

If the "Wild" sized guy is not what you're looking for, then maybe this one could help you:

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm112/Thecrimsonmage2/Warforged-crimmy.png

It's Almighty Salmon's depiction of a warforged.
Of course, I made that one, but it's in AS style.

Lumina
2010-04-11, 12:59 AM
I meant adjust the width of your avatar as it looks squashed compared to the image you posted. And really, it's a waste of threads and everyones time if you have to navigate a thread an artist, rather than one giant image du
dump. Heck, some artists hav more than one thread and that itself is a pain to navigate, let alone 40k (if every member were an artist).

Ah; Thanks for pointing that out.

Second piece I don't much agree with.:smalltongue:

Lumina
2010-04-11, 01:01 AM
Here are the templates made by Gorbash Kazdar:

Danke; While not completely useful for my forged ones; it DOES give me some needed pieces a friend asked me to do.

Crimmy
2010-04-11, 01:02 AM
Check it again. I edited my post.

Lumina
2010-04-11, 01:05 AM
Holy overkill Batman!:smallamused:

That's one large construct.