PDA

View Full Version : Spell Homebrew: arcane Explosion

krossbow7
2010-04-11, 01:09 PM
Just wondering before i throw out this homebrew attempt, Anyone know if there's already a D&D spell designed to blast foes away from a wizard, psychic like? I haven't seen any by perusing my sources, but thought i'd ask that at the beginning of this :smalltongue:

Either way, some thoughts on whether this spell is OP would be nice.

Arcane Explosion
Evocation [Force]
Level: Sor/Wiz 2
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action or immediate (see text)
Range: Close (10 foot radius, centered on the user
Targets: All those within range
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: reflex (see text)
Spell Resistance: Yes

You let loose with an explosion of pure arcane force, tossing those around you flying away with raw power. You deal 2d4 force damage to all those within range and initiate a bull rush effect against them; however, you may use an intelligence check instead of a strength check for this, and receive a +8 bonus to this check from the spell's power. Those around you may make a reflex save to defend against this, gaining a +8 bonus to resist your bull rush if they suceed.
Those who you beat by 8 or more on your bullrush are also knocked prone as you toss them like ragdolls.

The caster can perform this spell reflexively, doing it as an immediate action; however, they do not gain their +8 bonus to their bull rush attempt.

Light-Hero
2010-04-11, 01:12 PM
What qualifies for a "skilled magician"?

krossbow7
2010-04-11, 01:14 PM
What qualifies for a "skilled magician"?

flavor text; basically just any magic caster. i'll change that to wizard/sorcerer