PDA

View Full Version : Kingsley's Box

Tichrondrius
2010-04-13, 01:13 PM
Alarm. It wakes you up in the dead of night. At least, you think it might be the dead of night, you're never really sure anymore. The media was never really sure what exactly happened six months ago with Karen Kingsley, but mutants and magic and other crazy stuff happened anyway. The news was crazy with it.

That didn't really matter anymore because you had been kidnapped, captured, right out of your life. You'd been hearing a few of the scientists mention Tichrondrius here and there, but you weren't exactly sure before Dr. Alexander Grahm told you in no uncertain words who had brought you here. You hadn't seen him here in person, of course, but now you knew exactly who was responsible. That was right before you had fallen asleep from exhaustion. They rarely let you sleep anymore.

Alarm. The sound of it brought you back to where you were. These cells that you're in now are new, they had only started putting you in these a few days ago. That's when you had known you weren't alone here. You could kind of see other experiments in the other cells, but that door was sound proof. All you had for company was a small bed, a toilet, and that damn sound proof unbreakable glass door that slides up. Not for you, of course. Well, till now.

Suddenly, the alarm stops. The lights go off and a dull red hue takes over the job of the once bright lights. And, oddly enough, your door just slides open and no one comes to collect you.

Th cells are three by three. On one side, there are three cells filled with experiments, and on the other side there are three other cells filled. So, you could probably have seen at least one other person across from you but couldn't talk to them. The hallway opens into a large open lab that a few of you would remember.

The door is open. Freedom, a trick? What do you do?

Sliver
2010-04-13, 01:45 PM
Lars opens his eyes, only to find out he sees nothing. At least at first.

Systems online he sees the red letters flashing in the darkness. Choosing focus, maximum. Suddenly he regains his vision, what is this? He lets out a scream and tries to scramble back. "What the hell?" he exclaims.

Vision mode, atomic level chosen. Switching to normal vision. Suppressing emotions of subject. Lars felt himself calming but had no idea why. The letters continued popping, it all looked like an instruction manual. It told him the exact time and place. What was happening? What did they do to him?

He raised his left arm to scratch his head, but instead he let out a weak shout of surprise as he was almost blinded with pain, as if he was hit in the head by a piece of metal. HE WAS HIT IN THE HEAD BY A PIECE OF METAL! Somehow, he didn't feel the impact of the panic that filled his mind as he looked at the cannon that was there, instead of his arm. It was armored with a shield and... His entire body was covered in metal plating!

His mind was racing, numbers, thoughts, everything was happening so much faster then he was used to. He figured out almost instantly the extent of the changes. He was filled with horror and was dead calm at the same time. What now? Vengeance? No, he was already over the anger part. He will bring that scum to justice, when he will know how, but he will not become a raging lunatic. He noted that the pain in his head was already over, and his eyes notified him of the nanobots that work through his body. His own development, inside of him. Will come in handy.

He slowly steps outside, his eyes changing vision modes, looking through objects, looking for heat signatures, looking for anything, examining. His mind was searching for a connection with the network, trying to gain the blueprints of the building, maybe access to the security cameras.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Lost Demiurge
2010-04-13, 02:42 PM
Dave sat bolt upright, his eyes snapping open. Glancing from side to side, the red light plays across his sweat-covered face, flickering and giving him almost a fiendish cast.

And then he sees the open door. "No. No way man. It's a trap, I won't-"

GO. Something in him says, and he finds himself moving before he realizes it. Pulling the ratty t-shirt around him, and hiking up his stained jeans over his (Now-much-thinner) gut, he steps outside of the cell under his... Own?.... volition, for the first time in what seems like an eternity.

Nothing happens to him, and he sighs. Then shrieks, as a metal man steps out of another nearby cell. Stumbling and nearly falling, he backs himself up against the glass, and holds both hands up as the metal man starts looking around.

"Whoa! Whoa! Klaatu Barata Niktu, kay? I'm comin' in peace, here..."

Sinistral
2010-04-13, 03:16 PM
The noise of the alarm forced Matthew from the first real sleep he had in weeks. He been dreaming. A dream of him working at his perfectly ordinary job, returning to his messy apartment, and greeting his large and freakishly affectionate cat. It had been wonderful. But now, the sound of that alarm brought him reeling back to the real world. He kept his eyes shut, praying that this time he wouldn’t be taken back to the dark room. Praying that he wouldn’t be strapped to a table again, injected with a massive hypodermic needle, so they could pump god knows what into his body. He knew it was futile. He knew that any second now he would be forcibly dragged from his cell, to be subjected to the whims of his torturers.

Except it didn’t happen. No men in white came to take him away. He opened his eyes, staring at the open door. Surely it wasn’t this easy. He couldn’t just walk out of here, and forget this had ever happened to him. Could he? He cautiously got to his feet, only to be wracked with excruciating pain, like his bones were on fire. He let out a cry of pain and fell to the ground, but the pain was gone just as quickly as it came. He picked himself of floor, slowly, but the pain didn’t return. He ran his hands through what was left of his hair: they had shaved his head during the first week he was here, and it was finally starting to grow back.
He pulled on the white shirt and pants that they had been so ‘kind’ to provide for him. He had never been a particularly large man, but the weeks of torture and minimal food made him downright skeletal. What would Brian say if he could see me now? The thought made him giggle hysterically, punctuated at the end by a quiet sob. He had to get out of here.

He crept slowly forward, still weary of traps. He peaked out from behind the door, and witnessed a bizarre scene. Or rather, a scene that would have been strange if he hadn’t just been tortured for weeks at the behest of the worlds greatest philanthropist. A massive, man covered in metal plates with a cannon for a hand menaced a man cowering against the door. The non-metal man was probably a prisoner, he looked as bad as Matthew felt, but there was something a bit off about him. The cyborg’s status was slightly harder to discern; He could be a fellow prisoner, or a guard sent to secure the other prisoners. Unable to figure it out, he decided to just ask.

“Err… Excuse me?” Matthew’s voice was hoarse from under use. “Are you both prisoners here, too?”

Lost Demiurge
2010-04-13, 03:30 PM
"Uh..." Dave says, after a few seconds. Then he realizes that he's not afraid. In fact, he wasn't at all during that last part.

Taking another glance at the metal man, yep looks scary, he realizes that he'd been oddly detached throughout the whole cowering thing. He'd reacted in the way his logic had told him to act, but there had been no real feeling behind it. Now why...?

Questions later. Introductions now."Uh, yeah. Name's Dave. And you guys are?"

ChronicLunacy
2010-04-13, 04:09 PM
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/9466/frostbiteicon.jpg Brodie Barnes - "Frostbite"

The last cell on the end was where he'd been left. Brodie wasn't quite sure if it was the same cell or if they all just looked the same. He had no sense of time anymore; not after the endless amounts of pain and disorientation. Every time the door slid open it was a start pistol for another horrible surgery or drug-induced nightmare. So when the alarm sounded and the plastic slid out of the way, Brodie's first reaction was to curl up into a tighter ball and hope that something would save him from their knives and their needles.

Strangely, no one came for him this time. There was no man in a bulky suit with a mirrored facemask striding in to give him the first of many injections...only the ear-splitting ring of the alarms and the dull red cast over everything. It replaced the sterile whiteness of the cell with a hellish glaze, making Brodie wonder again if maybe he was already drugged and hallucinating.

He chanced a look up, his frosty breath turning to mist leaking out of the corner of his mouth. Brodie checked himself over, reassuring himself that he wasn't hooked up to the IV again, but remaining disappointed that his skin was still a hypothermic, unnatural blue color. His yellow eyes oriented themselves on the open door, wondering if it was a trap, but for the first time he felt a thrill of adrenaline rush through his body. Could something have happened? Would he finally have freedom from this infernal place? Bolstered by the thought, Brodie subconsciously flexed his new powers and the entire cell was suddenly covered in a layer of fine frost. All of the water in the air instantly froze and the red light refracted a billion different times off of the crystals of ice that were suddenly everywhere. Brodie felt a different thrill this time - the thought that he might have revenge as well as freedom today.

Brodie put a bare foot on the floor and lifted himself up into a standing position. He took a moment to get his bearings and flex his sore, unused muscles just before he heard a commotion outside. As he left his cell it appeared he was the last to join the small party of what looked like his fellow prisoners in the hallway. He heard the questions start, all asking the same thing. Who are you? Where are we? Are you like me? What did they do to us? He heard some of them out loud and some...maybe some came from his own mind, but he chose to answer one of them anyway.

"Barnes...Brodie Barnes...My name is Brodie. I'm a waiter...I don't...I don't know where I am, but I'm leaving now." the iceman said as he walked slowly out of his cell, having to consciously put one foot in front of the other or else he feared he might fall over. His muscle memory was strangely absent, as if he had to relearn everything over from the start. Maybe it was the remnants of the drugs, or maybe it was just shock. Either way, he looked quite strange as that frost clinging to the walls, floor, and ceiling followed along behind him. "Who's coming with me?"

Lost Demiurge
2010-04-13, 04:17 PM
"Best damn idea I've heard all day." Says Dave. "Sure beats 'Hey, let's see if it makes a difference if we inject it into his eyeballs!'"

He gestures toward Brodie with a "lead on" motion.

Sinistral
2010-04-13, 04:36 PM
"Leaving works for me. I'm...I'm Matthew by the way." Matthew was still unsure if this was some kind of elaborate trap, and was still wary of his newfound companions. However, he had no chance of escaping on his own, and decided it was worth the risk. "I am so beyond ready to get the **** out of here."

Tichrondrius
2010-04-13, 07:24 PM
The last two cells on the end looked as if they once contained life but no more; one was filled with the still warm corpse of a former test subject. He hung there from the ceiling a rope around his neck, a mockery of his former life. The other still was destroyed and chillingly empty. In fact, the entire air was cold, and it wasn't just Frostbite's fault. The air felt wrong and empty.

All of you here gunfire and screams, but they aren't near you. As you all walk from your cells you only see the lab around you. This was one of the many labs where you've taken for experimenting, but you still remember the screams of those times. The experiment table still has some of one of your blood on it, but there are no scientist's here right now.

Computer monitors are lit up everywhere in that same dull red flashing light. The scanners of Lars pass over everything in here but find hardly anything interesting- except for another dead body, draped over a computer monitor. Shot from behind. You recognize him as Dr. Alexander Grahm.

Stairs lead up from the lab to a single heavily secured door. Well, once heavily secured, you can see that it's wide open and leads to another hallway. The distant sound of gunfire stays with you, but it's nothing compared to the howl that follows it.

Lost Demiurge
2010-04-13, 07:29 PM
Dave scowls, then starts rummaging through Graham's pockets, uncaring of the blood that smears on his arms.

"Got a keycard for me, you pompous torturing f***? Huh? Got a piece of metal shaped like a bird or something? C'mon, I know how this works! Next we run into the zombies, and have to escape through the bird door..."

ChronicLunacy
2010-04-13, 07:42 PM
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/9466/frostbiteicon.jpg Brodie Barnes - "Frostbite"

The man codenamed Frostbite paused at the table in the center of the room. Gingerly, he ran a finger over the blood on it and watched it freeze under his touch. He remembered the procedures. He remembered how they'd refuse to anesthetize him for fear that it might corrupt the results. He'd felt every cut, every puncture, every violation in perfect clarity. He still itched with phantom pain, still hurt...it made his breathing pick up as he ran it all through his head again, undimmed by drugs for the first time in recent memory. Rage awoke in his breast and burned white-hot despite the frost covering everything around him.

Frostbite's breathing became audible as he began to hyperventilate. The table became covered with a thick layer of frost as he watched it. His tears froze on his cheeks and he trembled as if he was feeling the cold around him for the first time. Then he howled in indecipherable rage and slammed his hands down on the examination table. Suddenly a spear of ice rammed upward from the floor! The stalagmite became a pillar several feet wide at its base and thinning as it grew, taking the table with it, until it pierced the ceiling. Metal gave tortured shrieks as the pillar tried to push the table through the roof of their prison, but eventually the ice stopped growing. Frostbite dropped to his knees and placed both hands on the pillar he'd caused, as if drawing strength from it.

"We need to find out what's going on. Whoever's shooting up the place may not have finished off all the scientists yet...there might still be some left for us..." he breathed in disjointed sentences. Then he got up and staggered toward the stairs.

Sinistral
2010-04-13, 10:48 PM
Matthew walked slowly into the lab, still almost disbelieving that this happened to him at all. He looks up at the ceiling, and notices a stain shaped like the letter H on the ceiling. He remembers staring up at this stain for hours, as the ’scientists’ brutally tortured him. It all comes rushing back in overwhelming detail. The pain, their laughter, all the tiny little indignities they made him suffer…it’s too much, he rushes over to a corner and empties the meager contents of his stomach.

He manages to compose himself, barely. He still can’t keep his hands from shaking, but at least he stopped throwing up. A crashing noise makes him spin around, and he sees the blue man, Brodie, destroy the operating table with a pillar of ice. Such an overt display of power brings to Matthew’s mind the question that’s been eating at him since he woke up. What did they do to me? Brodie and the cyborg had obviously been changed, and even that other guy, Dave, seemed to exude something not entirely human. It seemed logical that he had been changed somehow, too. Maybe he was only one who wasn’t changed. Maybe he had escaped before they had completed there procedure. Somehow, he doubted it.

Brodie’s statement jolted him out of his thoughts, ‘We need to focus on getting out of here, not risking our lives hunting down scientists who may or may not already be dead. Also, I think that it’s just good policy in general to move away from the people with guns.” Despite his protests, Matthew follows Brodie to the stairs.

Sliver
2010-04-14, 12:34 AM
"I'm Lars..." Says the metal man. He felt sorry that the first reaction to him was fear. The man didn't fear anymore, but he acted on instinct... If instinct tells him to cower...

"I was a scientist, I created some nanobots that could increase the process of healing. I was approached by Tichrondrius, but refused to give the invention to him... Now I'm here. Like that." he follows the group slowly, focusing on the task he set for himself.

"I should note that Dr. Alexander Grahm was the one who told us about Tichrondrius. He might have been undercover, or found out only lately and regretted it all. Maybe he is the one who caused the chaos so we could escape." Lars scans the computer, maybe there are cameras nearby, maybe there is some recording.. Anything.

He looks at the stairs "I would prefer us going down, actually. It seems like they didn't replace my feet with a jet engine or any form of enhanced movement and I do not wish to depend on the hope for someone leaving a helicopter up there for us to escape"

Tichrondrius
2010-04-14, 12:59 PM
Dave finds within the doctor's pockets a candy bar, keys, a wallet and, yes, a key-card. The words Tichrondrius Industries are emblazoned on it. It looks rather important. As he jostled Grahm's body, the screen he was laying on became reveled. It was blood splattered and only had the words EMERGENCY on it, and no matter what keys you try to press it doesn't change.

As Brodie pierces the heavens with his ice pick, the top of the room they were in gained a new hole. Some dirt started to pour in through the hole just a little bit at a time. If that new pillar were removed, more dirt would be sure to pour in, and a lot faster. It appears you're somewhere underground.

If Lars scanned the room he'd find no other way out of here besides those stairs. The goals of Lars, Brodie, and Matthew all pointed to the same destination: up, at least for now. Those stairs lead up out of this lab and maybe out of this god forsaken tomb underground, but also to the screams and gunfire. A single camera points to the former operating table, presumably so they can keep a record of their research. But the computer still doesn't seem to want to co-operate.

Sliver
2010-04-14, 01:05 PM
"Well, looks like we don't have options. I seem to be quite formidable and heal quicker, added on that, I can see through the walls, so unless you have objections, it's better for me to lead." Lars notes and starts moving up if there aren't objections.

Lost Demiurge
2010-04-14, 01:23 PM
Dave takes the items, then holds the key-card up and shakes his head. "Man. Yeah, this is totally resident evil. And damn me, I'm probably the token generic guy who sees the monster and backs up too close to the vent full of mutants. Oh well, lead on, Nemesis." He motions at Lars, and grins a not serious grin. Then he follows behind. He eyes Brodie, ahead of him as the guy hyperventilates. "Dude, they messed you up pretty bad. You gonna be okay, you think?"

ChronicLunacy
2010-04-14, 01:53 PM

Brodie wrapped his arms around his chest and shivered as he ascended the stairs. For a moment, it seemed as if he hadn't heard the question Dave asked him, but then it registered and he looked at the other man with an incredulous expression. "No, I'm most definitely not going to be okay. This isn't the sort of thing you can be 'okay' after." He roughly shook the frost from his hair and went back to climbing the stairs. "I feel like I'm dying of cold. I can't get warm no matter how much I try. My skin is blue. I am not okay."

Sliver
2010-04-14, 01:58 PM
"At least you are still mostly covered by skin..." Lars mumbles "I can't even panic by the thought of it, due to some nanobots in my brain that suppress the thought of it... Even when anger does come up, it's gone right then... My feelings, my thoughts, it's as if someone put the sound of a video on fast-forward. My thinking is over, but reality didn't catch up yet, and all there is left is blankness..."

Tichrondrius
2010-04-14, 02:02 PM
As you all climb the stairs, you spot an individual leaning against the wall. He looks nearly dead and his eyes are half-closed. Upon further inspection, you notice he is another one of the scientists that experimented on you. It takes the man a second, but he notices you coming up the stairs and starts to walk over slowly.

Lost Demiurge
2010-04-14, 02:09 PM
"Yeah, sorry. Dumb question." Says Dave, looking away from Brodie.

"You know that I can see stuff when I close my eyes? It's like there's no lids there at all. And Lars, dude... That thing you got? It's kind of like that with me, too. Like my body and mind's some kind of puppet, and I'm just watching it, rather than directing it."

He glances at Matthew and shrugs. "I got the feeling none of us are unscathed from this-"

Whatever he was going to say is interrupted as the scientist starts to amble over. Dave glares at him, and backs up, glancing behind himself quickly. "Okay, you sadistic twit. Stop right there and start talking! What've you got to say for yourself before my friend here jams an ice pillar where no ice pillar should be?"

Sliver
2010-04-14, 02:13 PM
I hope you remember my super senses...

Always on: Analytical sight.Counters Concealment, Counters Illusion, Counters Obscure , Time and Space awareness (Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Time sense) , Ultrahearing,Radio .
Default vision: X-Ray vision (gold blocks)

Lars eyes scan the man, searching for a name tag or something to identify the man. His eyes shift, trying to discern the man's motive from his body language while the others engage him with words, while he himself starts pulling the hand-cannon up.

[roll0]
[roll1]

ChronicLunacy
2010-04-14, 02:23 PM

With the threat already supplied by Dave, Brodie just curled his hands into claws at the sight of the scientist. Frosty mist began to rise from his palms, looking almost like smoke, as his jaws clenched together in rage. The fact that the scientist looked injured was the only thing that kept Brodie from suffocating him in a block of ice, or leeching the heat from his body until he shattered like glass, or coming through with the pillar where the sun don't shine threat.

Tichrondrius
2010-04-15, 02:46 PM
Sinistral forfeits their turn.

From what Lars can see of the man, he has a completely normal skeleton. His eyes are a little weird, but the oddest thing is that his heart isn't beating, in fact, none of his organs are working. The man stumbles toward you, offering no intent of his motive. You haven't been able to see through the walls at all in this place, but you don't think thats so weird. You've never been able to see through walls before.

The man looks up at all of you and looks for the easiest prey. As his head comes up, you can tell that blood is trickling down his mouth a bit, and his eyes are lifeless. With a guttural scream his motive soon becomes clear as he rushes towards Matthew with intent to devourer.

The problems only compound, one of you spots two more down the hall advancing fast. Only one of them looks like a scientist, the other looks like some Black Ops guy from a spy movie.

Sliver
2010-04-15, 02:53 PM
So either the walls are made to nullify special vision or they are coated with gold, which blocks his vision... My vision is analytical so I should be able to know which is true... I think..

What is the distance between the targets? If they are no more then 50ft apart I aim at the middle with a burst of fire from his cannon. Otherwise, he will aim at the closest target, probably the zombie, with a focused blast.

If they are too far: [roll0] - note, lethal blast here.

[roll1] vs Black Ops

Lost Demiurge
2010-04-15, 02:59 PM
"Alright, guys." Says Dave, keeping a watch all around. "Stayin' behind you, and sorry... I've got nothing to-" FALSE, something echoes, a word heard, but not by his ears. He breaks off, blinks.

"I do. I do have something. Maybe."

Staying behind the tougher guys. Holding action to tackle anyone who gets past them.

ChronicLunacy
2010-04-15, 03:02 PM

"Dave, next time you feel like being genre savvy...don't!" Brodie shouted as he threw his hand out toward the floor in front of the zombies. A stream of ice poured out from his palm and created a perfectly flat coating on the ground, waiting frictionless for ungraceful zombie feet. Brodie wasn't sure about the others, but he didn't want these things anywhere near him and would prefer to take them out leisurely at range.

Trip 8, Area (Cone) in the hall between the party and the zombies coming at them. Zombies save DC18 (since it's an area affect, I think this is right) with the worst of either Strength or Dexterity because I have Improved Trip attached to the power.

Sinistral
2010-04-15, 03:25 PM
Matthew was content to hang back and let his more intimidating companions talk to the scientist. Which is why he was completely taken aback when the thing rushed him. “Oh shi- “, he turns throwing out his arms to protect himself. Suddenly, something changes. He feels it, like a pressure building up inside of him. Acting on instinct, he focuses it on the charging zombie.

Use Gravity Control (10) decreasing gravity on the zombie attacking Matthew, moving it away from the earth.

Tichrondrius
2010-04-15, 06:01 PM
Toughness Save: [roll0]
Trip Save: [roll1]
Trip Save: [roll2]
Trip Save: [roll3]

Tichrondrius
2010-04-15, 06:30 PM
You understand that the zombies and the dude dressed in Black Ops gear are both weaker in Attack and Defense then you. The walls seem to be made of a substance you can't place, but it was placed there solely to limit your vision. The blast of energy fires out of your gun-hand and hits the nearest zombie, which was running past you towards Matthew, ripping him open. His guts begin to spill on the floor, but he looks at you with hunger in his eyes. Matthew still throws up his arms to defend himself, but nothing happens.

Unfortunately for him, the zombie slips on the ice as it approaches you. It lays there with its guts spilling out watching you pitifully.

Seeing what you've done to the other zombie, the next zombie doctor looks for an easier meal and watches Dave. It charges him at full speed and tries to hit him with a massive hammer-blow, grappling with him instantly as a free action if he manages to hit him.

The Black Ops guy manages to stay on his feet, but you can't tell much about him since his face is obscured. His intentions also soon become apparent as he runs full speed at Brodie, attempting to Overrun him. You find you can't move fast enough to avoid him.

Grapple Charge Attack Roll: [roll0]
Improved Overrun Attack Roll: [roll1]
Improved Overrun Ability Roll: [roll2]

ChronicLunacy
2010-04-15, 06:58 PM

Brodie grunted as he was slammed into and he pitched back against the nearest wall, falling prone. Expecting a followup attack, he tried to get back to his feet and out of the way.

Dexterity: [roll0]

Lost Demiurge
2010-04-15, 07:06 PM
Drawn out of his reverie by the zombie's assault, Dave whips aside with speed he didn't know he had, and the zombie goes past a few steps.

"Something I can do!" He says, and his skin splits apart, hanging off of him like strips of birch bark, and yellow liquid pools and sheathes him, as SOMETHING stands where Dave once was.

"Yes." Whispers the entity, through lips that don't move on a grotesque, withered masklike lump hangs loosely in front of the hood that surrounds its head.

"Something indeed."

And it idly raises a hand, as the strips of yellow-lacquered skin that make up long sleeves twist out, and whip gently toward the nearby zombie...

Using strike. Attack roll is... [roll0]
Damage if it hits is 8, with an equal amount of Penetrating value.

Sinistral
2010-04-15, 10:39 PM
Matthew looks at the disemboweled zombie, uncomfortably aware of how close it game to his entrails being spilled on the floor. He turns to Lars. “Thanks.” he manages to say in a shaky voice, before the other zombies reach them. He sees one knockdown Brodie, and another pursue Dave. He turns to the zombie dressed in black ops gear. “I’m through being the victim.” He focuses on the zombie, using whatever power Tichrondrius infused him with on the zombie.

Use Gravity Control (10) to lift the black ops zombie. Str: 50

Sliver
2010-04-16, 12:35 AM
"Whoa" Lars lets out as he is taken aback by the powerful shot, but any feelings are gone almost as soon as they are there, and he coldly turns to shot again.

If the Black Op guy isn't in melee, shoot him. Otherwise, shoot the iced zombie on the floor. Lethal attack, focused blast 8 [roll0]

Tichrondrius
2010-04-16, 12:30 PM
As Brodie falls to the floor, Black Ops zombie tries to jump on him to take a nasty bite out. Unfortunately, he fails as Matthew lifts him into the air. The zombie growls and struggles but can't seem to break free. His head shakes around violently as he notices what Lars has prepared to do, but he can't get away, so he takes the shot to the torso and is rocketed away against the wall. Once prone, he stands quickly, and his face mask looks at Matthew before charging towards him and trying to initiative a grapple attack. A trail of congealed blood follows him.

The scientist zombie that Dave attacked yelled out in distress and just seemed to.. explode. Chunks of flesh, blood, and zombie shot out in every direction with some type of weird goop in it.

The dying zombie on the ground, having been ignored, manages to stand up and grabs Lars as he attacks the other zombie. The scientist tries to take a bite out of him.

Grapple Attack Charge Roll (Matthew): [roll0]
Goop Explosion Against Everyone: [roll1] 8 damage if hit.
Bite Attack (Lars): [roll2] 11 damage if hit.

ChronicLunacy
2010-04-16, 12:42 PM
Damage Conditions: Bruised 1

Brodie threw his hand up against the goop that was falling on everyone, but hissed in pain as it brought a gout of steam wherever it touched his skin. Thankfully, he'd subconsciously layered his skin with protective ice, but whatever it was seemed to be acidic. It burned a couple of holes in his ice armor before it seemed to sputter out. He cursed bitterly as he got off of his butt.

After getting to his feet, Brodie turned to find that the Black Ops zombie had switched targets. Deciding to return the favor that Matthew had done for him, he threw his hand out and sent a spear of ice lancing out toward the charging zombie, hoping to impale it. Typically in movies, zombies could only be killed if you shot them in the head, but Brodie wasn't ready to believe that he had suddenly been transported into fiction. Therefore the zombie's center-mass was a good enough target for him.

Ice Blast 8 (Penetrating and Precise): [roll0]

Sliver
2010-04-16, 12:50 PM
Lars braces for the impact of the goop, raising his armored cannon, but too late and takes it to the chest. Without looking down, a little notification rises in his eyes, Damage averted. Lars steps back as the zombie comes into vision while he was distracted, biting into his plating. The notification comes up again as Lars smiles briefly "Guess not" He whispers as he sets his cannon near the head.

Lethal Blast 8 [roll0]

So I rolled 2 nat 20 and a 19 this round... Something is going on...

Lost Demiurge
2010-04-16, 04:28 PM
The thing that stands where Dave once did doesn't flinch as the goop flies toward it.

The stuff sizzles as it touches the yellow "robe" of Dave's new form, burning small holes through it.

There are stars inside of Dave. Stars and void. Almost dreamlike, he moves back and considers the black ops zombie... And LOOKS at it.

The withered remnants of his face peel away, and the air between Dave and the black ops zombie crackles, and fills with black gaps. They boil and seethe and scream, sealing almost as fast as they're formed...

Blast toward the black ops zombie.
[roll]1d20+6

8 damage if it hits. Affects desolid stuff... Not that it matters.

Lost Demiurge
2010-04-16, 04:35 PM
Oh yeah... Can't roll in an edit. My bad. Let's try this again.
[roll0]

Sinistral
2010-04-16, 07:07 PM
Matthew cried out in pain as the goop fell on Matthew's arms, burning his skin. It distracted him enough for the other zombie to almost be upon him before Matthew could even blink.

Panicking, he reaches for his power again. The effects are different this time, focused inwards instead of outwards. He feels the metalic floor bend beneath him. He smiles as the zombie grabs him. "Bad move."

Activate Density as a free action.

Opposing grapple role: [roll0] 13 strength plus 4 super strength
I hope this is right. Grapple rules confuse to no end.

Tichrondrius
2010-04-17, 02:24 AM
The zombie before Lars is obliterated by that massive gun on his arm. Nothing dangerous pops out from inside this one, but it does spread lots of goodies across the room.

The Black Ops zombie gets close-lined by the icicle, the spear of ice catching him in the stomach and stopping him cold. He struggles there for a moment, trying to get off or reach someone to no avail. It begins to moan and scream almost like a human as the boils appear on him. It's disturbing to watch. Close enough to Matthew to grab him, he reaches out, but Matthew decides to put the zombie out it's misery and breaks his neck with his increased strength. The zombie in the Black Ops gear goes silent, for now. Guts line the hallway.

You hear a loud howl echo down the hallway. The alarm starts going off again.

ChronicLunacy
2010-04-17, 02:32 AM
Damage Conditions: Bruised 1

Brodie stayed silent for awhile, just listening to his breathing as he tried to get it back to normal. "Okay...so I'm over thinking about revenge. It looks like someone beat us to the punch. Let's just get the f*ck out of here, alright?" he panted. He winced as he probed the burns on his arms. "God damn f*cking...they can't just be zombies? They have to be filled with acid, too? Just what in the hell were these scientists and military guys up to in this lab?" he griped. "I mean, you know...besides what they did to us."

Sliver
2010-04-17, 02:35 AM
Lars examines his cannon. "I was never a fighter... I could hardly hit anything, nothing that moved either. But this, it's like I'm not the one aiming it. I wonder..." later he decided and continues to move forward towards the surface.

What is the exact time? :smalltongue:

"What are the odds that there will be zombies behind us too?" Lars turns to glance back for a moment, then continues his stride.

Sinistral
2010-04-18, 12:55 AM
Matthew stares at the bits of zombie matter on his hands. Did I really just do that? The confidence of the adrenaline rush fades quickly, and he finds himself feeling sick again. Zombie or not, he’d never killed anything like that before. He could still hear the sound its neck made when he broke it. It was so easy…

Some journalistic instinct of Mathew’s wants him to stay and gather evidence, but he represses it. Plenty of time to cause the downfall of a madman after he escaped said madman’s hellish laboratory. Besides, most of the evidence has probably been destroyed by zombies anyway. “I’m glad we’re all in agreement that getting out of here is our top priority. Let’s leave before more zombies or god knows what else that maniac was working on find us.”

Sliver
2010-04-18, 02:00 AM
As Lars continues ahead of the group, hoping to be a better shield this time, he glances back. "What were you.. Before this happened?" he looks down the hall "I was a scientist... Biotechnology, that stuff... I had a breakthrough in the field not long ago, nanobots that could increase natural healing's effectiveness. I worked in a small facility and the head researcher disappeared in a trip half a year ago, around the time that the box appeared actually... I was appointed to be the head of the facility after a while. Never was good with people, but the position forced me to try. When that bastard approached me, trying to convince me to use my invention to help super heroes I... Refused. How long would it be till super-villains would have gotten their hands on it as well? What if he would sell it to the army? I wanted it to heal the man, not fuel the war. But he continued, tried to force me to give in. It was still weak, I needed to test and improve it. Well, now I'm testing it I guess..."

ChronicLunacy
2010-04-18, 02:14 AM
Damage Conditions: Unharmed

Brodie harumphed. "I was a car thief, then I was an inmate, then I was an ex-con waiter at a crappy Italian restaurant. Now I'm a blue-skinned ice freak. I live a charmed life." he said with dry humor as he watched the holes in the nearly invisible coating of ice over his skin freeze back over smooth and perfect.

Fort Save to heal Bruised condition (DC10) is an automatic success because of high save modifier.

Tichrondrius
2010-04-18, 01:39 PM
As all of you walk down the hall, it begins to branch off. You could keep going straight, or take the right or left paths. There seem to be doors lining the right and left paths, most of them look like offices. A low moan echoes down the left path. You don't hear gunfire anymore, but whether that's a good sign or a bad sign is up to your imagination.

ChronicLunacy
2010-04-18, 01:43 PM
Brodie Barnes - "Frostbite"

I don't know if it's like this for anyone else, but I've heard that my character picture somehow causes a glitch in the subscription system. I'll be dropping it from now on since I'm pretty sure everyone knows what Brodie looks like by now. :smallbiggrin:

"Alright...where to, sports fans? I'm all for 'up' but I don't see anymore stairs. I'd try busting through the ceiling but I'm still not sure how close to the surface we are. I might just bury us in tons of rock and dirt if I tried." Brodie said quietly. "I don't like the sound of things over there," he pointed to the left path, "So what do you say we all just keep going straight down the middle?"

Sliver
2010-04-18, 01:46 PM
Which direction is north? If not from where we came, or left, then Lars will point that way.

Tichrondrius
2010-04-18, 01:48 PM
North is located between the right and straight paths, of which there is no hallway. Right seems to be closest to going total North.

Sliver
2010-04-18, 02:01 PM
"Well, north is over there" Lars points to the right, but not entirely into the hall "We could go there and blast a hole into the wall. If we aren't outside yet, we could check by blasting into the ceiling. It's wasteful building to not build rooms as much as possible.. That room could have added utility, like experimenting, that they didn't want to risk having a floor above. Crashing right into the room was possibly something they wanted to avoid."

ChronicLunacy
2010-04-18, 11:29 PM

"So that's one vote for straight ahead and one vote for right. Anyone else want to speak up? Either way, let's decide quickly. I don't want to stay here any longer than I have to."

Lost Demiurge
2010-04-19, 06:28 AM
The thing in Dave's place has been standing motionless, its wounds sealing over slowly. Finally, it stirs... Trembles... And the yellow parts of it flake away, revealing Dave once more. He brushes dust from his t-shirt, and looks a little dazed.

"Hm? Yeah. Okay. Oh, and I was a call-center guy. Tech support. And right sounds good to me."

Shutting up, he follows.

Sinistral
2010-04-20, 12:26 AM
"I'd rather go straight, but I don't really want to waste time arguing." He begins to move towards the path, "As to what I did, before, I was a journalist. I was actually investigating our own Vincent Tichrondrius. I don't want to shock anyone, but apparently he is conducting highly illegal and invasive procedures on humans." His mouth is formed in an ironic smile, but his voice is filled with barely suppressed rage. "Who knew."

ChronicLunacy
2010-04-20, 01:51 PM

"Whatever, let's go right, then. It's not like any hallway in this stupid lab is going to be any less terrifying than another. We might as well try this one first." Brodie said. Then he started walking down the right path. "I hope you know where you're taking us, tin man."

Sliver
2010-04-20, 01:56 PM
Lars shrugs "The walls are made to block sight... Special sight I mean, and the computer systems are blocked. There is no way I could say anything relevant, I just pointed there because it goes north the most. I hardly care which direction we go to..."

Tichrondrius
2010-04-20, 02:29 PM
As you navigate down the right pathway, it just seems to go on and on for a while as an extremely long hallway, and you notice it begins to curve in on itself like a circle. It may join up with the center path further up, but you aren't sure. Doors continue to line the hallway, leading to offices and cubicles, you have no idea how many people work here but it seems like a bunch. The red emergency light suddenly turns off, leaving most of you in total darkness. You hear scuttling in the darkness.

ChronicLunacy
2010-04-20, 02:35 PM

As a reaction to the darkness, Brodie's eyes itched and shifted into the infared spectrum. Able to see the subtle patterns of heat even on the cold walls, the darkness was no longer such a deterrent to him. He looked over at his companions, red and orange, and then himself...a cool red fading into violet. Only Dave looked strange...it was like Brodie could see twisted sigils and patterns in the heat that he couldn't bring himself to look at for too long because they hurt his eyes. So he turned his new senses toward the scuttling.

Sliver
2010-04-20, 02:37 PM
Adjusting sight Lars sees a red notification as suddenly everything is as clear as always. Darkivion on.

Lost Demiurge
2010-04-20, 03:57 PM
Dave doesn't seem to notice the lights kicking off. He keeps glancing around as they walk.

Tichrondrius
2010-04-20, 11:06 PM
Up ahead, both Brodie and Lars can almost make out something in the dark, but it's moving far too quickly to pinpoint exactly what it is. You can tell somethings moving, and there are a lot of them, but not what they are. Some of the doors in this hallway are open as well as you continue to walk. Only Dave can make out the horrible truth- up ahead running around quickly in the dark are hundreds of spiders. Not just any spiders, but these spiders appear to be about the size of a large house cat. They run between the rooms and climb up the walls, and some of them are just watching you carefully with some strange non-human intelligence.

ChronicLunacy
2010-04-20, 11:33 PM

"Okay...so I don't like the look of what's up there. I can't see what they are, but there's a lot of them..." he squinted. "It's just a big mass of boiling, skittering heat to my eyes."

Lost Demiurge
2010-04-21, 05:46 AM
"Dude." Says Dave.

"Anyone here hate spiders?"

"Cuz there's about a hundred or so ahead. Really freakin' big ones."

ChronicLunacy
2010-04-21, 09:00 AM

"You know, I don't yet, but hey, there's time." Brodie quipped.

Lost Demiurge
2010-04-21, 09:54 AM
"Naw, wait. I miscounted. There's not a hundred or so."

"It's more like a couple hundred."

He squats on his haunches, and stretches open hands out to the nearest spider. "Hey. You guys haven't swarmed us yet. So that's cool. You're acting pretty smart. Can you talk or communicate or stuff?"

Trying a charisma check here, either animal empathy or diplomacy... What the hell. [roll0]

Okay, so obviously my hand motions mean "Your mother was an aphid" in spider...

Sliver
2010-04-21, 01:14 PM
"Maybe they are zombie spiders..." Lars suggests "Are you sure we should stay and parlay with them?" Lars seems nervous and readies cannon.

OOC: I don't believe there is a spider close by that you could easily squat by... Otherwise we wouldn't have issues seeing them.

Lost Demiurge
2010-04-21, 01:44 PM
"Maybe they are zombie spiders..." Lars suggests "Are you sure we should stay and parlay with them?" Lars seems nervous and readies cannon.

OOC: I don't believe there is a spider close by that you could easily squat by... Otherwise we wouldn't have issues seeing them.

No, they're not nearby. Dave's waggling hands in a hopefully friendly manner at the nearest. You can do that from any distance.

"Well, either we go through them or we go back. And they're not immediately swarming and those eyes show SOMETHING. So hey, figured I got nothing to lose by doing this. If you guys want we can go back instead... And hope that they don't see a retreat as fear..."

Tichrondrius
2010-04-21, 02:07 PM
The nearest spider hisses at Dave and looks a little ticked off. Some other spiders start to watch you, and the one that hissed starts to run over. It looks like you only have a few choices; wait for the spider to get to you, run through the infested hallway, fight, or turn back.

Sliver
2010-04-21, 02:16 PM
"Better you retreat. I'll hold them back and join you as soon as possible"

As soon as the others move, Lars lets out a blast into the most packed crowd of spiders. (25ft radius of Blast 5)

ChronicLunacy
2010-04-22, 12:11 AM

"Or we could try this..." Brodie trailed off as he raised his hands and pointed them down the hallway. As he did so, a stream of ice shot from each of his palms and began to coat the floor as he'd done against the zombies. The only difference was that this time the ice began to quickly raise in height until it formed a solid wall, completely sealing the spiders off from them floor to ceiling. "IF they can break through that, THEN we'll worry about holding them off. Come on!" he said as he began to jog back down to where the hall had forked.

Using Create Ice to form a solid wall between the party and the spiders so that we can all skeedaddle.

Lost Demiurge
2010-04-22, 05:59 AM
"Sounds good," Dave says. And he follows.

Sliver
2010-04-22, 06:07 AM
Lars lets out the blast before the wall finishes to formulate and starts moving back.

Can judge the distance exactly so the blast will be far enough to not hit the wall.

Sinistral
2010-04-22, 08:23 AM
"I knew we should have gone straight..." Matthew mutters, then turns to follow the others.

Tichrondrius
2010-04-22, 12:49 PM
Luckily, the wall holds and you all manage to get back to the intersection. You wonder what other weird **** has gone down in this place, but right now its best to focus on getting out. Left or straight?

ChronicLunacy
2010-04-22, 12:51 PM

Brodie immediately went down the straight path, remembering the groaning noises he'd heard earlier from the one on the left. He didn't pause to let anyone talk or vote on the decision this time.

Lost Demiurge
2010-04-22, 12:55 PM
Dave keeps following, whistling as he goes. It's an odd, nearly tuneless melody. reminescent of flutes.

Tichrondrius
2010-04-23, 12:28 AM
Assuming everyone generally goes with Brodie's lead, the straight path goes on for a little ways but it doesn't seem as long as the left path. You eventually come to a large double door with windows in it on the left, showing the left hallway that all of you were just in. Inside you can see several spiders, still looking angry but otherwise not trying to get to you. A stones throw down the hall is a massive set of windows and a clear glass sliding door blocking the entire hallway.

It also happens to be filled completely with water. It doesn't appear to be in danger of breaking the glass, but clearly something filled it with water, but what could have happened remains a mystery. A dead body floats by inside the water. You notice a blinking security lock on the door, awaiting a sliding key-card.

Lost Demiurge
2010-04-23, 06:26 AM
Dave looks at the key-card he retrieved.

"You guys ready? This'll be a flood. Anything we can do to set up for that?"

He glances at Brodie.

Sliver
2010-04-24, 02:25 PM
Lars glances around "I'm not a swimmer. And I really don't want to check how well they did all the wiring."

Sinistral
2010-04-26, 02:33 PM
Matthew looks uneasily at the water held back by the glass wall. "I agree with Lars. This seems like a bad idea. Anyone up for passage way number three?" Whatever was moaning couldn't be worse then an army of zombie spiders or drowning to death. Could it? He swallows nervously. Best not to think about that.

Lost Demiurge
2010-04-26, 02:46 PM
"Yeah, okay." Says Dave. "I was thinkin' maybe Brodie here could freeze a waterbreak, but we should probably look at all options first. Makes sense."

And he starts down the last remaining unexplored corridor.

Tichrondrius
2010-04-26, 03:41 PM
As Dave walks down the final left corridor it appears much the same as the right one- with doors to offices lining the sides. As you go further, however, a distinct difference creeps into your mind. There are starting to be more and more dead bodies along the sides, mutilated and chewed. It seems your going to have to face something to get out of here- whatever lays down the right path, or the water.

ChronicLunacy
2010-04-29, 10:10 AM
Brodie Barnes

"Okay, just so I'm up to speed, the options so far are: death, death, or drowning? I hate this place." Brodie grumbled. "That said, I could try to freeze us a waterbreak or even a tunnel, but I'm not sure how much water is in that room. It could be enough to flood this entire complex. We don't know. So, I say we just keep going this way until we find out what kind of horrible monster is waiting for us in this direction. I'm still in the mood to take my frustrations out on something."

Lost Demiurge
2010-04-29, 12:00 PM
"Sure," says Dave. "Let's do this. Got the feeling the sooner we're out, the better."

And he starts to head off down the corridor.

Tichrondrius
2010-04-30, 02:54 PM
The corridor of bodies continued to go on. Did this many people actually work here? It seemed like it. But all these bodies weren't just scientists, some looked civilian, and some looked Black Ops. One of the bodies stirred a little and looked like it was going to get up, but luckily it didn't. Or was it just waiting?

You hear that low moan again and a scream as you approach the end of the hallway, and a door stands between all four of you and whatever is on the other side. It looks like you may have once needed a keycard, but the thing that controls that is broken and sparking. The door startles you by opening just a little and then closing again before opening once more. You hear a terrible machine crunching sound and the door remains half-open. You hear another scream and the lights come back on completely. You hear machines start to come back on, and a female computer voice comes over the intercom.

"Emergency Power Restored. Have a nice day, Tichrondrius."

This all happens just in time for you to hear a sickening crunch of another sort and get splashed with blood as the human screams stop. You see a large beast through the door, and, unfortunately, he sees you as well.

It looks like a Werewolf.

ChronicLunacy
2010-04-30, 05:54 PM
Brodie Barnes

"Hey, everybody, guess what just happened? I've reached the breaking point where none of this seems weird to me anymore. A werewolf? Okay, fine. Why not?" Brodie deadpanned as he brought his hands up. "I'm just going to assume that Rover here is as rabid as he looks and act accordingly. That alright with everyone?" he asked to the group, but didn't give them time to answer.

The ray that leapt from Brodie's hands this time wasn't pure ice like it had been before. It looked more like a stream of frost that simply began to coat the monster in front of them with a thin sheer of ice crystals. "Down, poochie!" he ordered sarcastically.

Ranged Fatigue 8: [roll0]
If it hits, save with Fortitude. DC18.

Lost Demiurge
2010-04-30, 07:32 PM
Dave just shakes his head, skin peeling off as he does so.

In seconds, the THING that hides within him is now revealed to the world, gazing eyelessly at the werewolf.

"Probably another experiment." He murmurs. "Like us..."

Sinistral
2010-04-30, 09:23 PM
Matthew steps forward, making his body stronger and heavier in reaction to Brodies attack. "Could we not antagonize the giant freaking werewolf? I'd like to make it out of here without every thing we meet trying to eat us alive, thanks. He looks fearfully at the werewolf. "Also, I really, really don't like dogs."

Tichrondrius
2010-05-01, 02:36 PM
Fortitude Save: [roll0]

The creature stared at you all curiously for a moment, blood still dripping off its claws, as it pondered presumably whether to kill you or not. You can tell this creature was wearing the tattered remains of the same kind of 'patient uniform' you all wear, in one fashion or another. The claws seem to match the damage done to the last cell you passed while making your escape. Whatever this thing once was, it's no longer human.

It roars with anger as Frostbite attacks, the ice clinging to its body just a little bit before the creature broke free and ran closed, grabbing the half-open malfunctioning door and trying to rip through it and struggling to get its size in the door to tear you all apart. Drool and blood dripped off its fangs and you could almost feel hot breath on your faces.

Sliver
2010-05-01, 02:43 PM
Lars steps in closer and lets out a blast towards the beast.

[roll0]

[roll1]

ChronicLunacy
2010-05-01, 02:43 PM

"Tough little pomeranian, isn't he?" Brodie commented warily. "Let's try a different approach." he said as he threw his other hand forward. This time it was a normal stream of ice and frost, but instead of simply impaling the creature, the ice quickly began to form over it, locking the werewolf in place and attempting to keep it from moving. The ice anchored anywhere the werewolf touched the ground or the wall, steadily slowing its movements.

Snare 8 (DC 18 Reflex Save) [roll0]
I have the Suffocating Extra, but since it's an Extra I'd like to choose not to use it at this time.

Lost Demiurge
2010-05-01, 02:55 PM
"Dave" tilts his head. The mask of flesh whispers aside, and black streaks fill the air again... Rushing toward the werewolf.

Going for the basic blast, here.
[roll0] to hit...

Tichrondrius
2010-05-02, 01:30 PM
Reflex Save: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1]

Tichrondrius
2010-05-02, 01:33 PM
The Werewolf growls deeply at all of you. Lars can tell this beast can easily best him in combat, and seems to be as heavily 'armored' as he is. The blast sinks into his thick fur, seemingly doing no damage, as he starts to push through. Even Frostbite doesn't slow the thing down one bit as it rips through the door, when Dave steps up to face him. The tendrils strike him, obviously influencing his mind, but his eyes merely go wide as he seems to go even more berserk.

"Kill.. kill.. rip you all.. apart!" The creature growls, surprising you with its ability to talk. The creature starts to draw nearer, slowly walking like a predator now, staring each of you down till its eyes focus on Dave, the sight of him enraging the creature, whatever Dave had become obviously didn't please the werewolf. It'll obviously attack him next round.

Sliver
2010-05-02, 01:54 PM
"This one is tough, we need to combine our attacks. Full offense!"

Lars aims his cannon and waits.

[roll0] attack. Using Combined Attack with whoever else blasts.

ChronicLunacy
2010-05-02, 02:04 PM

"Agreed! Let's hit him all at once!" Brodie replied as he drew his hands into fists. A swirl of blue energy and frost particles roiled into being around his hands as he made ready to unleash a blast of freezing ice needles and destructively polar energy at the werewolf.

Blast 10 (Power Attack for 2) [roll0]
Oops. Critical. I don't think I'll be able to join in the Combined Attack, but this works, too. It's now a Blast 15.

EDIT: This is nonlethal. He's just going to have a really bad day.

Lost Demiurge
2010-05-02, 02:28 PM
"Kill.. kill.. rip you all.. apart!" The creature growls, surprising you with its ability to talk. The creature starts to draw nearer, slowly walking like a predator now, staring each of you down till its eyes focus on Dave, the sight of him enraging the creature, whatever Dave had become obviously didn't please the werewolf. It'll obviously attack him next round.

"No." Whispers Dave. Again, the air between them "breaks".

I like combined attacks! For the record, this blast is non-lethal.
[roll0]

Sinistral
2010-05-02, 07:53 PM
"Fine with me." Matthew muttered darkly. He'd had it with things trying to eat him. He raised his hand, willing the gravity around the wolf to increase, pushing the wolf into the ground.

Use Gravity Control (10) to pull the wolf to the ground
Strength: 50

Tichrondrius
2010-05-03, 01:11 PM
"Aroooo!" The wolfman yelled loudly, collapsing to the ground under the strain of power and being blasted by all your best shots. The air broke around Wolfy, causing Lars blast to strike his very being. A needle struck deep within his prone form causing him immense pain, as he insanely struggled to get up and kill you all.

Without warning, he breaks free of the gravity holding him back and prepares to leap on Matthew. But he suddenly stopped short, sniffed the air, and ran back to the room he came from, climbing up the wall in just a second, and going into the ventilation system. Escaping. Some bodies around you stir. The room before you is now open and free to enter. Hopefully you're close to the exit.

The room beyond the malfunctioning door is covered in gore mostly. It's been striped down and looted, and you feel like a lot of technology used to sit in here. In the center of the room is an elevator, which may or may not work. It requires a keycard. A panel on the side indicates you are on floor B4.

Sliver
2010-05-03, 01:25 PM
Lars steps forward and lets out a Burst into the ventilation system. Then, half turned, he shoots another blast further into the hall they came from, just in case.

Then, as he steps in, he examines the pad.

Data-Link, attempting to connect and hack it. [roll0] computers. Reduce by 1 if Disable Device is more fitting.

Lost Demiurge
2010-05-03, 01:27 PM
With a whisper of dissolving skinlike matter, Dave returns to his own form, wiping dissolving amber goo from his eyes. Moving forward, making a face at the gore, he swipes the keycard in the reader.

"Think we kinda jumped the gun back there. Dude was smart enough to run, we mighta talked him down. Just another poor damn experiment, like us."

He smiles at Brodie. "But hey, s'understandable. Some pretty horrific stuff, here." He absentmindedly wipes some of the gore away from the reader, flicks it on the floor, mops his hand off on his shirt.

Sinistral
2010-05-03, 02:03 PM
Matthew watches the werewolf go. "You're probably right. Who knows what other experiments he created, what else he turned innocent people into." He turns to face Brodie. "Which means you can't just attack every scary looking thing you see in here. They might not be actively hostile, they could just be people who are tired and scared, and who have just been tortured to within an inch of their lives. Like us. Hell, They even might be scared of us. I'm kind of scared of us.” He sighs, losing the energy he started his speech with. “Look, just think before you freeze next time, alright?”

Tichrondrius
2010-05-05, 04:41 PM
The elevator activates with a shuddering creak.

"Have a good day, doctor."

Lost Demiurge
2010-05-05, 05:20 PM
"I'm not scared." Dave grins at Matthew. "Not scared at all. And I don't think I'll ever be scared again. Never."

His face slides a bit on his skull, as he whispers in a woman's voice "this is not a good thing."

He blinks, then looks at the elevator. "Whoa! Everyone on!" Stepping onto it, he examines the panel, waits for the others to get on.

Sliver
2010-05-06, 06:49 AM
Lars steps in the lift as he thinks aloud "I kinda want to blast the panel just to see what happens". After the rest are in, he pushes the button above the first B floor, probably E.

ChronicLunacy
2010-05-08, 01:14 AM

"Blast it later. Right now I want it in good working order so it can get us out of this blasted hole." Brodie cautioned Lars as he stepped into the lift as well. "I need to see sky."

Sinistral
2010-05-11, 10:59 PM
Matthew stared at Dave. Their wasn't a hint of false bravado in his voice. Voices, Matthew corrected. He genuinely wasn't scared. That was somehow more frightening then that faceless thing he transformed into.

He follows his companions into the elevator. "Let's just go, you can blast later."