PDA

View Full Version : ABR Discussion Thread XXXII - Imperfectly Rebooted

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Green-Shirt Q
2010-06-21, 12:40 PM
Be nice, Q... we don't want this thread locked, do we?

Yeah...I realize the "#$@&" may have been unnessary. Sorry Raziere. :smallfrown:

But yeah, this is just for fun. So if you're worried about plot holes and story structure, than you missed the point. This is for randomness and creativity with but a small little excuse plot to drive it all. This is for ourselves, not the unrelated people who may read it.

If you're worried about proper story structure and sensical character development, I would recommend writing your own story, solo, elsewhere on the fancomic boards. There, proper story structure and lack of plot wholes with good, balenced characters is IMPORTANT.

-skimmer-
2010-06-21, 12:57 PM
....ABR does not seek to be published in RPG or paper medium....

Only partially true. ABR is already in making as RPG game and we actually have playable demo of it (DOWNLOAD HERE (http://omicroncubed.blogspot.com/2008/06/avatar-battle-royale-rpg-demo-out.html)).

Also, Omicron (the amazing guy who's making it happen) stated that the full version should be finished by the end of this year. Awesome, isn't it?:smallbiggrin:

Felyndiira
2010-06-21, 12:59 PM
Only partially true. ABR is already in making as RPG game and we actually have playable demo of it (DOWNLOAD HERE (http://omicroncubed.blogspot.com/2008/06/avatar-battle-royale-rpg-demo-out.html)).

Also, Omicron (the amazing guy who's making it happen) stated that the full version should be finished by the end of this year. Awesome, isn't it?:smallbiggrin:

Omi made it out of RMXP. Therefore, he cheated and it doesn't count, or something :smalltongue:.

*downloads and tries out*

Fay Graydon
2010-06-21, 03:57 PM
*Slams keveks head in the Oven his comic made*
Bad Keveak! no flip texting already hard to read text without a translation! :smallannoyed:
Seriously my eyes hurt looking at the damn thing...

Keris
2010-06-21, 04:06 PM
no flip texting already hard to read text without a translation! :smallannoyed:
"By the knowledge of Tundra's mages and the power of arcane might I"
"Summon an Age Of Winter"

Fay Graydon
2010-06-21, 04:09 PM
"By the knowledge of Tundra's mages and the power of arcane might I"
"Summon an Age Of Winter"

Yes I just copypastaed into Inkscape and read it...
But I call OP...
"Summon the Age of Winter"? :smallannoyed:
I Mean comon! :smallsigh:

Mina Kobold
2010-06-21, 04:40 PM
Yes I just copypastaed into Inkscape and read it...
But I call OP...
"Summon the Age of Winter"? :smallannoyed:
I Mean comon! :smallsigh:

It's a kobold in a bowler hat and hetero-chromatic glasses chanting in silly fonts backward.

I'm not even trying to take myself serious at the moment, let alone m comic.

That and I felt like doing something cheesy and cliché :smalltongue:

EDIT: Besides, I needed some mystic-esque letters and were lazy.

Keris
2010-06-21, 05:04 PM
Besides, I needed some mystic-esque letters and were lazy.
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z257/kerisrain/other/DarkArtsBB.png
It was used in comic #635.

Kumo
2010-06-21, 06:40 PM
i just tried to zoom in on those characters by hitting = over and over. Inkscape brainwashing, ladies and gentlemen :smallannoyed:

Lord Raziere
2010-06-21, 11:41 PM
sorry about this stuff.......I don't even know why I bother to participate in these things honestly......I guess I'm just trying to find something.

I don't know what I'm trying to find, but I will find it, this is a journey.....I just don't know the destination yet.

and thing is.....I've tried many similar arguments for the rule of cool on my old RP long ago.....and they all got shot down, especially by that stupid self-proclaimed powergaming uptight logician who thought he was better than me just because was so logical....hated him :smallmad:

thing is, I DO want to have fun, I just my fun is different from your fun, I think the fun I want to have is more chaotic or something, while yours is more orderly or something, I don't know, sometimes I feel like I don't know anything.

and again I'm rambling, why am I always rambling? can I shut up now? thank you.

Darklord Bright
2010-06-22, 12:18 AM
One of the problems is that you are trying to apply literary logic to what is, really, a silly roleplay, and has always been. For one thing, writing a good RP isn't done the same way as writing good story (different conventions entirely), and for another thing, you seem to be trying to say that the rule of cool is inherently bad - which it isn't. At all.

Different strokes for different folks. Anyways, didn't you say you were leaving two pages ago?

Lord Raziere
2010-06-22, 12:30 AM
One of the problems is that you are trying to apply literary logic to what is, really, a silly roleplay, and has always been. For one thing, writing a good RP isn't done the same way as writing good story (different conventions entirely), and for another thing, you seem to be trying to say that the rule of cool is inherently bad - which it isn't. At all.

Different strokes for different folks. Anyways, didn't you say you were leaving two pages ago?

oh right, I talk too much. bye.

don't respond to this, just don't.

Kumo
2010-06-22, 01:03 AM
oh right, I talk too much. bye.

don't respond to this, just don't.

Okay. :smallsmile:

Fay Graydon
2010-06-22, 10:15 AM
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z257/kerisrain/other/DarkArtsBB.png
It was used in comic #635.

Keris... THE HELL MAN! D= :smalleek:

SinisterPenguin
2010-06-27, 04:15 PM
Hey guys, I need input! I'm sort of redesigning Sinister Penguin and I'm wondering if I should replace his weird-looking coat thing (see my current avatar) with this slightly less weird looking suit thing. Yay or nay?

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu320/SinisterPenguin/spsuit3.png

Green-Shirt Q
2010-06-27, 04:58 PM
Hey guys, I need input! I'm sort of redesigning Sinister Penguin and I'm wondering if I should replace his weird-looking coat thing (see my current avatar) with this slightly less weird looking suit thing. Yay or nay?

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu320/SinisterPenguin/spsuit3.png

YAY. :smallcool:

Suits are awesome.

But I would recommend either a white or purple suit instead. Red is very good too, but those are my favourite colours of suits.

-skimmer-
2010-06-27, 04:59 PM

-yoink!-

Looks good, but it doesn't match color of his hat. How about black suit and red tie? Bit cliche, yes, but I think black somehow fits him better:smallsmile:

/\: yeah, I was thinking white or blueish color would look awesome too, but black is on mine list of favourite colours for suits:smalltongue:

Threeshades
2010-06-27, 05:27 PM
White with a red shirt. Something Scarface-ish :smallcool:

SinisterPenguin
2010-06-27, 06:25 PM
Looks good, but it doesn't match color of his hat. How about black suit and red tie? Bit cliche, yes, but I think black somehow fits him better:smallsmile:

/\: yeah, I was thinking white or blueish color would look awesome too, but black is on mine list of favourite colours for suits:smalltongue:

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu320/SinisterPenguin/spsuitblack2.png

Yeah, you're right, black looks the best. Purple looked alright too, but it didn't really match. And white just looked strange on him.

kpenguin
2010-06-27, 06:59 PM
Actually, I quite like having Siniguin wear red. It bolsters the evil-oppositeness of Siniguin to kpenguin. Red is opposite to green on the color wheel, after all.

SinisterPenguin
2010-06-27, 07:11 PM
Actually, I quite like having Siniguin wear red. It bolsters the evil-oppositeness of Siniguin to kpenguin. Red is opposite to green on the color wheel, after all.

Hm, yeah, you're right. Maybe I will go with the red after all. And red is more Siniguin's color (see: his magic, his eyes) as well.

I don't know. MAKING DECISIONS IS HARD :smalltongue:

Kumo
2010-06-27, 07:41 PM
Hm, yeah, you're right. Maybe I will go with the red after all. And red is more Siniguin's color (see: his magic, his eyes) as well.

You could change the hat to make it fit :smallconfused: maybe?

Rae Artemi
2010-06-27, 08:02 PM

Just put a red band on the hat, and then everything will match.
If this is completely wrong know that I have no idea what matches what except that jeans match everything, which is why I almost always wear them.

SinisterPenguin
2010-06-27, 11:02 PM
You could change the hat to make it fit :smallconfused: maybe?

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu320/SinisterPenguin/spsuit5.png

Alright, dark red hat and red suit. I think it looks pretty good.

Darklord Bright
2010-06-27, 11:05 PM
Make the hat a duster and we've got business!

Edit: Ooh, or a wide-brimmed hat!

SinisterPenguin
2010-06-27, 11:19 PM
Make the hat a duster and we've got business!

Edit: Ooh, or a wide-brimmed hat!

I can't figure out how to draw either of those properly. So I guess I'll have to stick with the old hat. :smalltongue:

V'icternus
2010-06-28, 01:55 AM
You're all wrong, he needs a giant sunhat! To protect his sensative Penguin skin!

Darklord Bright
2010-06-28, 02:19 AM
NO. He needs a FEZ!

kpenguin
2010-06-28, 02:27 AM
NO. He needs a FEZ!

YES YES YES YES YES

V'icternus
2010-06-28, 05:17 AM
I change my vote to fez, too.

What's more sinister than a fez?

Mina Kobold
2010-06-28, 06:49 AM

Aglets? :smalltongue:

I vote for a fez too, or a fedora. but that's because fedoras are awesome.

Green-Shirt Q
2010-06-28, 07:26 AM
I looked up all the hat suggestions presented so far, and I would recommend either the current hat, or try a bowler's cap. The current hat looks good enough, in my opinion.

Kumo
2010-06-28, 09:11 AM

Black shades

An accent (Deep Russian or Clipped British, preferably)

A brass knuckle made of solid gold.

A red lightsaber.

Dr.Doom

Threeshades
2010-06-28, 09:15 AM

Left-handed scissors, Link from the Legend of Zelda, Me

BRC
2010-06-28, 09:19 AM
Goatees.
Handlebar Mustaches (Though those are more Dastardly than anything).
Gnomes.

Fay Graydon
2010-06-28, 02:08 PM

Hey! Fez's are cool!
So are Bowties... :P

Kumo
2010-06-28, 02:20 PM
A single scar, three eye scars in the same pattern, a scar up your thigh if you're female, a sawed off shotfun shotfun shotgun.

((i seriously typed shotgun shothun shotfun twice))

SinisterPenguin
2010-06-28, 02:42 PM
NO. He needs a FEZ!

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu320/SinisterPenguin/spfez.png

Maybe...maybe I'll just stick with the original hat.

BRC
2010-06-28, 02:43 PM
Hey! Fez's are cool!
So are Bowties... :P

Bones, not broken.
Bowtie, Cool
Fez...I can buy a fez.

Mina Kobold
2010-06-28, 02:44 PM
Left-handed scissors, Link from the Legend of Zelda, Me

I thought you drank too much to remember that incident :smalleek:

Also: Boybands, crop circles, actors recently elected for office

licoot
2010-06-28, 03:01 PM
Bones, not broken.
Bowtie, Cool
Fez...I can buy a fez.

I don't quite know how, but for that quote you win the thread forever:smallbiggrin:

Fay Graydon
2010-06-28, 03:37 PM
Bones, not broken.
Bowtie, Cool
Fez...I can buy a fez.

Yes i must say this new doctor is growing on me...
But I still find Tennent FRIGGIN SEXEH! <3

Darklord Bright
2010-06-28, 11:28 PM
http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu320/SinisterPenguin/spfez.png

Maybe...maybe I'll just stick with the original hat.

I think this is awesomer than your other hats. I'd like to see what it looks like comically smaller though as well.

SinisterPenguin
2010-06-28, 11:38 PM
I think this is awesomer than your other hats. I'd like to see what it looks like comically smaller though as well.

Not really comical, but certainly smaller.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu320/SinisterPenguin/spfez2.png

Darklord Bright
2010-06-28, 11:44 PM
Not really comical, but certainly smaller.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu320/SinisterPenguin/spfez2.png

Now give him a sinister camel.

In all honesty I love this outfit.

Threeshades
2010-06-29, 07:19 AM
Oh great there is a small insect crawling around inside my screen. It's under the plastic layer :smalleek:

Fay Graydon
2010-06-29, 08:58 AM
Oh great there is a small insect crawling around inside my screen. It's under the plastic layer :smalleek:

Aweeeeeeesome!
I had a tiny spider inside my laptop screen before it cracked =3

EDIT:
Can't believe I forgot to say!
OH NOES! YOUR COMPUTER HAS A BUG! :smallbiggrin:

Threeshades
2010-06-29, 10:16 AM
Its actually behind the visible layer as it seems. Ah well i guess if i cant get rid off it i might as well give it a name and make it my screen pet. At least for the few hours before it starves to death or dies of old age.

any suggestions?

Mina Kobold
2010-06-29, 10:33 AM
Its actually behind the visible layer as it seems. Ah well i guess if i cant get rid off it i might as well give it a name and make it my screen pet. At least for the few hours before it starves to death or dies of old age.

any suggestions?

Johnathan Henry von Flipperjabber the First?

that, or Steve :smalltongue:

Kumo
2010-06-29, 10:53 AM

any suggestions?

Mr.Wiggles :smallbiggrin:

........... what?

Lyinginbedmon
2010-06-29, 11:35 AM
Just go with what I generally do when I find an unwanted insectoid creature in my belongings:

Gah! Diediedie!

Gah! is the first name of course :smalltongue:

Threeshades
2010-06-29, 12:16 PM
He seems to prefer Mr. Wiggles with Gah Diediedie being a close second.

Mina Kobold
2010-06-29, 12:28 PM
He seems to prefer Mr. Wiggles with Gah Diediedie being a close second.

How do you know? Are you a bug whisperer?! 0_o

Cool, do flies have Spanish accents?

On another note, did someone really try to make you wear a Bavarian dress?

Threeshades
2010-06-29, 02:17 PM
How do you know? Are you a bug whisperer?! 0_o

Cool, do flies have Spanish accents?

On another note, did someone really try to make you wear a Bavarian dress?

I moved the browser window so each name is in front of him. The first left him non-plussed, the second one, Mr Wiggles, made him walk up and sit on the M, and Lying suggestion had him walk across the G once, but he didnt stay there.

Does anybody have a clue why it would heavily smell like smoked ham outside around half past 2 in the morning? :smallconfused:
EDIT: well around 4 i thought its more like smoked fish, maybe eel, and now its gone, luckily.
EDIT 2: turns out the smell came from a burning house somewhere in town. :smalleek:

Fay Graydon
2010-07-02, 02:21 AM
Johnathan Henry von Flipperjabber the First?

that, or Steve :smalltongue:

I second this! :smallbiggrin:

DoomITP
2010-07-02, 11:49 AM
:
Diediedie!

Did you maybe mean this guy?

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u86/Zevox/KingDededeAvatar.jpg

:smalltongue:

Photobucket you make my jokes so much easier.

Threeshades
2010-07-03, 07:20 AM
This monitor is way too easily accessible, now there are 4 of them.

Mina Kobold
2010-07-03, 10:00 AM
This monitor is way too easily accessible, now there are 4 of them.

You attract bugs? 0_o

There something suspicious about that, I bet it's related to ballet.

How? I'm not sure yet, it requires more research. To the bug-mobile!

Threeshades
2010-07-03, 02:13 PM
You attract bugs? 0_o

There something suspicious about that, I bet it's related to ballet.

How? I'm not sure yet, it requires more research. To the bug-mobile!

I's actually not related to ballet at all. It has a lot to do with written algebra exams however.

kpenguin
2010-07-03, 02:20 PM
To the bug-mobile!

Nanananananananananan BUG-MAN!

Mina Kobold
2010-07-03, 02:44 PM
Nanananananananananan BUG-MAN!

We should have a radio show like that in FI, or about bugs dancing ballet and doing algebra exams :smalltongue:

Mad Mask
2010-07-04, 09:46 AM
Happy birthday Keveak and the US of A!

...and I'm back on this thread, though you've probably seen me on the IRC. Expect a FI comic before the end of the year. :smalltongue:

Emperor Ing
2010-07-04, 09:52 AM
(finally) DL'd TF2 to my shiny new PC (acronyms, lol). Sadly i'm finding out the hard way that my Ub3r L33Tness in TF2 on the xbox doesn't transfer to PC. :smallyuk:

Mina Kobold
2010-07-04, 10:11 AM
Happy birthday Keveak and the US of A!

Why thank you, now where are my presents? :smallannoyed::smalltongue:

Birthday! Birthday! Birthday!

(finally) DL'd TF2 to my shiny new PC (acronyms, lol). Sadly i'm finding out the hard way that my Ub3r L33Tness in TF2 on the xbox doesn't transfer to PC. :smallyuk:

You get presents on your Independence day? Aw man, the only thing we get on our equivalent is a mention of the law of the land having been made that day. We don't even get flags, I want a flag! Preferably Canadian, they're cool.

Falgorn
2010-07-05, 11:08 PM

I always thought that purchasing one of those computer controllers that looks like Xbox was the best idea.

Also: You go on Xbox? :smallsmile:

Fay Graydon
2010-07-06, 05:39 AM
We should have a radio show like that in FI, or about bugs dancing ballet and doing algebra exams :smalltongue:

I'm sorry but now i think we should make a radio channel on something for FI like GNR (Galaxy News Radio) in Fallout 3 :smalltongue:

Emperor Ing
2010-07-06, 05:46 AM
I always thought that purchasing one of those computer controllers that looks like Xbox was the best idea.

Also: You go on Xbox? :smallsmile:

I'm a cheap bastard. :smalltongue: But I know that the xbox wired controller connects to the xbox via USB ports. If I can get that to work on my cpu I WILL BECOME A GOD!!

Yesh, my gamertag is "Emperor Ing".

Falgorn
2010-07-06, 05:19 PM
I'm a cheap bastard. :smalltongue: But I know that the xbox wired controller connects to the xbox via USB ports. If I can get that to work on my cpu I WILL BECOME A GOD!!

I bet I could beat you. :smalltongue: But I sold the Orange Box for the 360.

Mine is "ADancingUnicorn", feel free to add me, if you wish.

Emperor Ing
2010-07-06, 05:22 PM
ATM, because my wired controller is on the fritz, you'd probably kill me before I even get out of my spawn room. :smalltongue:

Falgorn
2010-07-06, 05:30 PM
I bet I could beat you as a medic. :smalltongue: Just kidding, I wasn't really great at that game.

Also, I don't have my Xbox with me=.

Threeshades
2010-07-08, 03:24 PM

well if they are usb, then it just might, have you tried?

Darklord Bright
2010-07-09, 10:13 PM
Half copied from my comic thread, half specially for you guys.

Well guys, I'm afraid I'm outta here. I have my reasons for really wanting gone, but for the most part let me just say that I'm angry enough to not be too upset about finally leaving. I might pop in to say something once in a while, and I'll still follow the threads, but the forum has really become a painful experience for me.

I'm sorry that I couldn't see my characters here through to some sort of natural end, but really, ABR seems to lack the spark of what it once was that kept me here anyways. It's gone down dark, twisted corridors to true greatness and and come out in the wrong place paler than it was before, and with too many scars to dare try it again.

Adios guys. If you need me, email or Deviantart is good.

SinisterPenguin
2010-07-09, 10:41 PM
You were a pretty cool dude and you made some pretty good comics. I'll be sorry to see you go.

Emperor Ing
2010-07-09, 10:44 PM
well if they are usb, then it just might, have you tried?

A little tear in the wires tells me my current wired controller is unusable. :P

Note to self: get new wired controller; reclaim TF2 godhood.

Lyinginbedmon
2010-07-10, 05:28 AM
Are there any reasons you'd like to share with us Bright? I'm afraid this seems seriously out of the blue for me :smalleek:

Mina Kobold
2010-07-10, 05:53 AM

Well guys, I'm afraid I'm outta here. I have my reasons for really wanting gone, but for the most part let me just say that I'm angry enough to not be too upset about finally leaving. I might pop in to say something once in a while, and I'll still follow the threads, but the forum has really become a painful experience for me.

I'm sorry that I couldn't see my characters here through to some sort of natural end, but really, ABR seems to lack the spark of what it once was that kept me here anyways. It's gone down dark, twisted corridors to true greatness and and come out in the wrong place paler than it was before, and with too many scars to dare try it again.

That's too bad :smallfrown:

ABR have really gotten slow lately, maybe I should make a comic?

V'icternus
2010-07-10, 07:06 AM

Waitwhatno!

Who? Why? When? Huh?

:smallfrown:

Mad Mask
2010-07-10, 07:17 AM
That's too bad :smallfrown:

ABR have really gotten slow lately, maybe I should make a comic?

I'm making a comic right now (seriously). Hopefully it'll bring back some vitality to FI.

Green-Shirt Q
2010-07-10, 07:20 AM

That...sucks. You were an AWESOME comic maker, and a credit to ABR!

I have now said a swear word, from the bottom of my heart and very loudly, for whatever the heck it is that caused you to leave the forums.

And I swear that, starting THIS INSTANT, I will try and fix what could've made you stay!

Even if I need to put all of my other projects on hold, even if I need to pull this huge universe that is ABR out from the ashes myself, Avatar Battle Royale WILL rise again. This is truely a wake-up call for everyone. :smallfurious:

Felyndiira
2010-07-10, 08:16 AM

Could you tell us why :(? You were a great artist and one of the people I really respected in ABR, and this is a bit sudden.

Kumo
2010-07-10, 08:59 AM
Could you tell us why :(? You were a great artist and one of the people I really respected in ABR, and this is a bit sudden.

Are there any reasons you'd like to share with us Bright? I'm afraid this seems seriously out of the blue for me :smalleek:

Both of you, go read his comic's thread. It's probably not the only reason but it's a lot less out of the blue for me given recent conversations.

Threeshades
2010-07-10, 09:08 AM
Both of you, go read his comic's thread. It's probably not the only reason but it's a lot less out of the blue for me given recent conversations.

I don't think it explains that much more actually.

Kumo
2010-07-10, 09:13 AM
I don't think it explains that much more actually.

... huh :smallconfused: did you just read that one specific post where he said good-bye? i meant the last two or three pages of conversation

short version: DB's had a lot of criticism in that thread lately (usually about his art upgrades) as well as arguments that got annoying enough to ban from his own thread.

I sincerely doubt that that's it but it seems a lot less surprising to me personally after all that =/

CrimsonAngel
2010-07-10, 09:18 AM
Q's comic made me laugh. :smallsmile:

EDIT: Oh Dear, you've driven another one away.

Threeshades
2010-07-10, 09:24 AM
... huh :smallconfused: did you just read that one specific post where he said good-bye? i meant the last two or three pages of conversation

short version: DB's had a lot of criticism in that thread lately (usually about his art upgrades) as well as arguments that got annoying enough to ban from his own thread.

I sincerely doubt that that's it but it seems a lot less surprising to me personally after all that =/

so i have to read the two pages before he posts his decision?

This might sound insensitive but if he does that to us he could at least take time to explain.

Kumo
2010-07-10, 09:42 AM
so i have to read the two pages before he posts his decision?what, did you think he was going to leave because of one post that i could conveniently link to you? There's a reason i included the short version, ya know.

This might sound insensitive but if he does that to us he could at least take time to explain.

He did >.>

"...the forum has really become a painful experience for me"

"I have my reasons for really wanting gone, but for the most part let me just say that I'm angry enough to not be too upset about finally leaving."

Moreover, DB didn't even need to say goodbye. He could have simply just stopped coming altogether. The only obligation he has to say anything at all is his own conscious.

It might be because i've been down that road before but i don't really care for an explanation of why he wants to leave. If he wants to, he wants to and there's no use crying about it.

SinisterPenguin
2010-07-10, 03:15 PM
Even if I need to put all of my other projects on hold, even if I need to pull this huge universe that is ABR out from the ashes myself, Avatar Battle Royale WILL rise again. This is truely a wake-up call for everyone. :smallfurious:

Indeed. Maybe we need some sort of ABR Revitalization Project up in here, in which we get people to...make more comics.

...Yeah I dunno how we would do that either. Maybe we could advertise more, or something, and get some new members trickling in.

And good comic, by the way.

Mad Mask
2010-07-10, 03:20 PM
Hey Sinister Penguin, mind if I include you in a FI comic? I know you haven't entered the plot yet, but I'm making a board meeting for the Schizland arc and I don't have enough high-ranked people in it. >.>

SinisterPenguin
2010-07-10, 04:07 PM
Hey Sinister Penguin, mind if I include you in a FI comic? I know you haven't entered the plot yet, but I'm making a board meeting for the Schizland arc and I don't have enough high-ranked people in it. >.>

Yeah, sure, I don't mind. Go ahead.

Green-Shirt Q
2010-07-10, 04:11 PM
So, in FFFR, does anybody have the next key location established? Where the teams are going next?

Because I have...ideas where another key could be. >.>

Kumo
2010-07-10, 04:13 PM
So, in FFFR, does anybody have the next key location established? Where the teams are going next?

Are you waiting on Lying in his bed store? :smallconfused:

Lyinginbedmon
2010-07-10, 04:13 PM
One thing I really love about Avbaroy is the existing richness of it's history and environment, as well as the vast blank sections that still need filling.

For example, in the process of writing about Arcania in the wiki, I've added a revolutionary war, an entire declaration of independence, an ecological disaster, and an international eco-conference.

If ABR dies, Remember will probably still be around, and I'll still play around in Avbaroy, but it'll be far hollower I think. The notion that what I add to the world will be used by others to enrich their own stories and comics really adds to the experience of doing so. It's a fantastic place for me to really stretch my literary muscle.

EDIT: @Q & @Kumo, if so, go ahead, I've no intention of ever having Lying get involved in FFFR. I've got other characters lined up for that.

Darklord Bright
2010-07-10, 04:16 PM
Just popping back in briefly since there's been a lot of questioning as to why, and as I said, I do still read this forum, even if I don't plan on being a part of it anymore beyond the odd comment...

All I will say, is that it's been a mixture of too many things to explain in one post. Suffice it to say that I've found the forum itself to be the largest culprit in the stifling of my creative juices, and a dealing with a good many people over the course of my forum lifespan has made it far too unpleasant to want to stick around. Yes, there are some specifics, but I don't feel they need to be said.

If you want to keep in contact with me, and there are a few of you I wouldn't mind continuing to contact out of the forum, I may be willing to spread messenger details. I believe my Skype handle is in my profile, as is my email. I also happen to use AIM and MSN, but MSN tends to be very unreliable for me, and I don't give out either of those addresses unless asked in relative privacy by someone I know.

Sorry to cut this short, but I never really intended to say more after those posts anyways. It never really was a question of if I was going to leave, but when, and this a decision which has been stewing since all the way back to Novaris, and aside from many complaints I have about the forum itself, I can't deny that the sheer frequency of the arguments I've had thrown at me during the year or so I've been with you guys, and the number of them which never needed to happen, has certainly hand a large hand in hastening my departure.

Hm. That didn't end up being short at all. Oh well. I do hope some of you take me up on my offer to continue to contact me.

SinisterPenguin
2010-07-10, 04:19 PM

Well, Fel made two comics showing that the Orange Key is in a forest, currently being held by a dwarf girl.

That doesn't mean it has to be the next key, however. Who knows.

FFF:R
http://i49.tinypic.com/b6y25g.png

Introduction comic, etc.

At this moment, Fel (my character) is in a different location, where the second key (and the decedent of a certain half-orc cleric) happens to be. Don't worry, she won't run away with it, though it might alter the key predictions a little.

In the meantime, the second key's side-story moves on due to sudden lack of laziness inspiration =p.

FFF:R
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/7752/secondcomic.png

Before any questions arise: yes, that is the second (orange) key that the dwarf girl is holding. Yes, she is using it as a guitar. No, don't ask me how it works (permanent glue and wood, most likely) and yes, the strings can be removed, but why would you want to as opposed to having a totally playable key-guitar :smalltongue:?

And yes, those are heavy metal/rock dwarves with face paint. Kippie made me do it XD.

Green-Shirt Q
2010-07-10, 04:23 PM
All I will say, is that it's been a mixture of too many things to explain in one post. Suffice it to say that I've found the forum itself to be the largest culprit in the stifling of my creative juices, and a dealing with a good many people over the course of my forum lifespan has made it far too unpleasant to want to stick around. Yes, there are some specifics, but I don't feel they need to be said.

I really hope that not naming Darklord's Echoes as my comic of the year has ANYTHING to do with it. I highly doubt it, I don't have THAT big an ego to beleive I could be responsible for something like that, but I still hope not because I really do think your comic has earned it, and I totally would give you the award now. :smallfrown:

EDIT: @Q & @Kumo, if so, go ahead, I've no intention of ever having Lying get involved in FFFR. I've got other characters lined up for that.

Oh that's great. Just great. I've been waiting for Lying for nothing?! :smallsigh:

So...I can just godmod your character into doing whatever I want, then? :smallconfused:

Lyinginbedmon
2010-07-10, 05:36 PM
Within reason, yes.

Green-Shirt Q
2010-07-10, 05:37 PM
Within reason, yes.

...Alright-y then! :smallsmile:

Don't worry. I'll be nice to him and make sure he stays in character and he'll be voiced by Mark Hamill in the animated cartoon.

Well, maybe not the first one. :smalltongue:

CrimsonAngel
2010-07-10, 05:40 PM

My lizard guy is gaurding one of them. Probably purple or blue.

Kumo
2010-07-10, 05:44 PM
Can i do something with the yellow one? :smallamused::smallbiggrin:

kpenguin
2010-07-10, 05:46 PM
Remember, each of the keys is associated with a member of the Order of the Driving Lance.

Blue - Gwen
Green - Apenguin
Yellow - Chu
Orange - Skald
Red - Kraagh

Kumo
2010-07-10, 05:48 PM
Remember, each of the keys is associated with a member of the Order of the Driving Lance.

Blue - Gwen
Green - Apenguin
Yellow - Chu
Orange - Skald
Red - Kraagh

... well. That complicates things a bit, but i think i can make it work... Did Chu fight like the pokemon he's based on or something else entirely?

Green-Shirt Q
2010-07-10, 05:58 PM

Blue - Gwen
Green - Apenguin
Yellow - Chu
Orange - Skald
Red - Kraagh

Well, I kinda want to do something with the green key. I'm sure that, if it hasn't come up in the story yet like it seems, it'll work out pretty well.

I'm off to make the comic, unless anybody has any objections.

SinisterPenguin
2010-07-10, 06:56 PM
New FFF: R up. Batman the Vendetta Pilot makes his dramatic return. This time with a Batman cape. Batcape?

Oh, and if Team Evil need to use the Vendettamobile while the Pilot is away, he implemented some automated procedures that will allow them to fly it automatically. Or something along those lines.

Green-Shirt Q
2010-07-10, 07:15 PM
New FFF: R up. Batman the Vendetta Pilot makes his dramatic return. This time with a Batman cape. Batcape?

What would the robot's voice be, anyway? Adam West? Micheal Keaton? Kevin Conroy? Christian Bale?

I imagine it being voiced by Micheal Keaton, myself. He did the "I'm Batman" the best, I'd say.

Kumo
2010-07-10, 07:18 PM
What would the robot's voice be, anyway? Adam West? Micheal Keaton? Kevin Conroy? Christian Bale?

I imagine it being voiced by Micheal Keaton, myself. He did the "I'm Batman" the best, I'd say.
I assumed it was a robot voice -_- cuz, ya know. Robot.

Green-Shirt Q
2010-07-10, 07:21 PM
I assumed it was a robot voice -_- cuz, ya know. Robot.

Yeah, but the robot could have whatever voice it wanted, through use of voice clips!

It could happen.

Kumo
2010-07-10, 07:24 PM
Yeah, but the robot could have whatever voice it wanted, through use of voice clips!

It could happen.

:smallannoyed:

Lyinginbedmon
2010-07-10, 07:42 PM
Slight problem here:

If Q had the key recut to suit his apartment door, it is now in fact useless for opening the gate.

Though, that's still overlooking how the locksmith managed to cut the key anyhow...

kpenguin
2010-07-10, 07:44 PM
Though, that's still overlooking how the locksmith managed to cut the key anyhow...

This. The keys are super powerful plot-protected McGuffins.

Felyndiira
2010-07-10, 07:44 PM
Alternatively, it could also be a wild goose chase =p. Maybe some sort of fake key that is detected like the real key to throw people off, as planned by the famed Apenguin =p.

(Or Q just has a unique lock)

Green-Shirt Q
2010-07-10, 07:46 PM
Slight problem here:

If Q had the key recut to suit his apartment door, it is now in fact useless for opening the gate.

...It wasn't cut a lot? :smalleek:

I don't know. Could we find someway to make this work? Please? Totally fine if no, since I can't think of anything, but still. :smallfrown:

kpenguin
Maybe some sort of fake key that is detected like the real key to throw people off, as planned by the famed Apenguin =p.

Well, Apenguin was the wizard of the group, thus has the most Intelligence and the most likely to do the whole "Just as Planned" thing.

Kumo

Maybe the locksmith just had to add a third prong to it for it to work? one that is easily removed?

Green-Shirt Q
2010-07-10, 07:48 PM
Maybe the locksmith just had to add a third prong to it for it to work? one that is easily removed?

This sounds good to me.

I mean, unless any of you find the concept of adventuring in an apartment building...BORING?!

ZOUNDS! The thought of it! I thought it could be funny, but if anybody else objects...

T-O-E
2010-07-10, 07:51 PM
Or the lock was made to fit the key. That's possible, right?

Green-Shirt Q
2010-07-10, 07:55 PM

I think then Q would have had to see a locksmith.

Though I guess this is, by far, the best explanation yet, and could easily be used by fixing a few words in the comic.

Felyndiira
2010-07-10, 07:58 PM
Ooh, or maybe because the key was made by kpenguin, it is universal and opens everything (except the things you use the other four keys for). Thus, it also opened Q's apartment.

Kumo
2010-07-10, 08:15 PM
Ooh, or maybe because the key was made by kpenguin, it is universal and opens everything (except the things you use the other four keys for). Thus, it also opened Q's apartment.

He said he needed a keysmith(?), remember?

Lyinginbedmon
2010-07-10, 08:37 PM
Locksmith fitting Q's door for the key makes the most sense to me.

Green-Shirt Q
2010-07-10, 08:44 PM
Locksmith fitting Q's door for the key makes the most sense to me.

I think I'll just change the comic to fit that.

[EDIT] The comic has been fixed.

Falgorn
2010-07-10, 09:01 PM
Sinister, your comic made me laugh so much, and I have no idea why. Maybe just the thought of a robotic dinosaur Adam West saying "I'm Batman."

SinisterPenguin
2010-07-10, 09:43 PM
Sinister, your comic made me laugh so much, and I have no idea why. Maybe just the thought of a robotic dinosaur Adam West saying "I'm Batman."

Thank you. :smalltongue:

"I'm Batman" is pretty much the only Batman quote I can think of that fits the situations the Vendettamobile Pilot is in.

Because "I'm Batman" fits any situation.

V'icternus
2010-07-11, 08:01 AM

GAH YOU STOLE MY IDEA!

:smalltongue:

But yes, that protects the power and maguffin-ness of the key while making it work on a different lock. You find a cool, magical key, and say "Hmm, I want this to open something I have!"

lord pringle
2010-07-11, 06:58 PM
Could I get into this some time?
My art is worse than... really bad art although I really like the plot of this, the madcapness and I want to improve my art.
So what are the initiation rituals? (no jokes Q)

Green-Shirt Q
2010-07-11, 07:13 PM

Wha? :smallconfused:

lord pringle
2010-07-11, 07:19 PM
Wha? :smallconfused:

I'm curious what I need to do to get in and I thought you would make a joke.

Felyndiira
2010-07-11, 07:21 PM
My art is worse than... really bad art although I really like the plot of this, the madcapness and I want to improve my art.

The initiation rituals are thus:

1) You must make a character.
2) You must make a comic.
3) Say hi.

Honestly, that's all there is to it. If you want to feel more official, however:

4) You should make a random kill comic detailing your character killing Nightwing.
5) Bonus points if Nightwing is holding chopsticks in a rigid fashion.
6) If your character is female, you should have Q (red) hit on you once, and respond with violence.
7) You should be killed by Randomizer.
8) You must fall out of the sky as a part of the first comic that you make about a plot.

lord pringle
2010-07-11, 07:24 PM

3) Say hi.

Honestly, that's all there is to it. If you want to feel more official, however:

4) You should make a random kill comic detailing your character killing Nightwing.
5) Bonus points if Nightwing is holding chopsticks in a rigid fashion.
6) If your character is female, you should have Q (red) hit on you once, and respond with violence.
8) You must fall out of the sky as a part of the first comic that you make about a plot.

working on numbers 1,2,3,4,7 as we speak.
I figured out my plot entrance too.

Kumo
2010-07-11, 08:42 PM

Ill get the monkey and the trampoline. Who's getting the baby oil and the waterpark?

Green-Shirt Q
2010-07-11, 08:59 PM
I'm curious what I need to do to get in and I thought you would make a joke.

...Why would you think I would make a joke about this? :smallconfused:

lord pringle
2010-07-11, 11:10 PM
Ill get the monkey and the trampoline. Who's getting the baby oil and the waterpark?

Baby oil! My god!

licoot
2010-07-12, 04:54 AM

Awww:smallfrown:, I wanted to get the trampoline:smalltongue:

Threeshades
2010-07-12, 09:18 AM

You can get another trampoline if that makes you feel better. :smallsmile:

My first random kill
http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab183/lordpringle/nightwing.png?t=1278898784
Introducing Zenephrus the 12th level savant 3 level mystic theurge!
what

Kumo
2010-07-12, 10:01 AM

Fine. ill get the matches and the space helicopter. You can get the monkey and the trampoline.

Mad Mask
2010-07-12, 10:01 AM
My first random kill
oh snip!

This... this is a joke, right? A parody, a satire of some unsavoury previous members? Or perhaps an experiment to see our reactions? :smalleek:

licoot
2010-07-12, 10:06 AM
Fine. ill get the matches and the space helicopter. You can get the monkey and the trampoline.

Deal, as long as someone else gets the herring and the tire swing

Mina Kobold
2010-07-12, 12:44 PM
Deal, as long as someone else gets the herring and the tire swing

I'll get that! Should we have the ritual at the pond or the fire station?

what

I agree: Qui?*

*What?

Kumo
2010-07-12, 12:46 PM
what

I sincerely hope he doesn't already know what a savant is :smallannoyed:

Mad Mask
2010-07-12, 12:53 PM
I agree: Qui?*

*What?

What language is this? :smallconfused:

Kumo
2010-07-12, 12:58 PM
What language is this? :smallconfused:

I think it's Latin. Maybe french?

Threeshades
2010-07-12, 01:47 PM

That's Keveak, so obviously its Danish, you uneducated chumps! :smalltongue:

Mina Kobold
2010-07-12, 01:54 PM

It's Latin, French would be "Que?" but Mad Mask know better than me when it comes to French

That's Keveak, so obviously its Danish, you uneducated chumps! :smalltongue:

The Danish word would actually be "Hvad?" "Hva?" or "Ahvaba?" depending on how many forks there is for each person at the meal (AKA How polite you have to be :smalltongue:)

Mad Mask
2010-07-12, 02:17 PM
It's Latin, French would be "Que?" but Mad Mask know better than me when it comes to French

OK.

"What" in French is "quoi", actually. "Qui" is "who", and "que" is something else entirely (it can be compared to "that" in the sense of "The thing that I have").

So... what where we talking about before all the language? :smalltongue:

Threeshades
2010-07-12, 02:25 PM
OK.

"What" in French is "quoi", actually. "Qui" is "who", and "que" is something else entirely (it can be compared to "that" in the sense of "The thing that I have").

So... what where we talking about before all the language? :smalltongue:

This:

My first random kill
http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab183/lordpringle/nightwing.png?t=1278898784
And this is FILLEEEER! Filler night!
'Cause I can fill you more than any ghost would ever dare try
FILLEEEEER! filler night
So let me hold you tight and share a
Killer, diller, chiller, filler here tonight

Mad Mask
2010-07-12, 02:35 PM
So, do you think Lord Pringle was serious in his posting of... the image?

Felyndiira
2010-07-12, 02:50 PM
So, do you think Lord Pringle was serious in his posting of... the image?

I believe that his post, thus, is a post depicting himself dodging Randomizer's attack, which ended up killing Nightwing. It's likely a random kill.

Threeshades
2010-07-12, 03:08 PM
I believe that his post, thus, is a post depicting himself dodging Randomizer's attack, which ended up killing Nightwing. It's likely a random kill.

And you actually SEE that in the picture?

Felyndiira
2010-07-12, 03:12 PM
And you actually SEE that in the picture?

No, I'm guessing based on the circumstances. It's either that, or he throws a sword at nightwing, sees rand, and says that quote.

In other news, let's stop talking about the image. We're all newbies once, after all =p.

Lyinginbedmon
2010-07-12, 03:37 PM
Very few of us are ever Master Ranger however.

Threeshades
2010-07-12, 03:53 PM
No, I'm guessing based on the circumstances. It's either that, or he throws a sword at nightwing, sees rand, and says that quote.

In other news, let's stop talking about the image. We're all newbies once, after all =p.

being a newbie is one thing. Managing to fail at drawing stick figures and making it clear what is happening in the panel and what object is supposed to represent what all at the same time is an extreme case.

I'm still hoping this is a parody, otherwise, lord pringle, you need to work very hard on improving.

Emperor Ing
2010-07-12, 03:54 PM
Relax, it's not the worst we've ever seen *coughmyearlyinkscapestuffcoughcough*

Threeshades
2010-07-12, 03:56 PM
I'm giving him a chance, but it does need a lot of improvement

*coughmyearlyinkscapestuffcoughcough*

Some evidence? I don't recall your early inkscapes

Emperor Ing
2010-07-12, 03:58 PM
Some evidence? I don't recall your early inkscapes

It's too painful to bring up. :smallfrown:

If you want a better example, I seem to recall a certain artist who's name implied that he has Mastered the Ranger class.

Threeshades
2010-07-12, 04:09 PM
It's too painful to bring up. :smallfrown:

If you want a better example, I seem to recall a certain artist who's name implied that he has Mastered the Ranger class.

Yes but this particular boardmember never caught on because he never seemed to have sought to improve. He just kept making the same unintelligible weirdness. That's also what I mean to warn lord pringle of. If he doesn't work on it, he is likely to suffer a similar fate as this certain Master of Rangers.

Emperor Ing
2010-07-12, 04:12 PM
It takes time to improve your art style, however knowing how low he is at the moment it means he has more room to improve.

And if you want examples of my early inkscape art, check out the earlier comics in the archive of Well That was Unexpected. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131711)

Mad Mask
2010-07-12, 04:21 PM
And if you want examples of my early inkscape art, check out the earlier comics in the archive of Well That was Unexpected. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131711)

Well, at least you had clearly defined shapes, readable dialogue boxes and clear panel-to-panel progression.

Our dear Lord Pringle has a lot to do. After reading his other posts I am doubting that this is actually a parody. :smalleek:

Felyndiira
2010-07-12, 04:28 PM
Hmm. I do recall being linked to the very first ABR with all of its MSPaint goodness =p.

In all seriousness, Lord Pringle, here is Trazoi's inkscape tutorial (http://www.trazoi.net/tutorials/inkscape/oots/). It has helped many avatarists and artists, and it will help you too ^^. Making things work in a comic form really requires practice, and many of our first comics are a bit nonsensical. Just don't let the comments discourage you and keep trying, and you'll get it soon enough ^^.

T-O-E
2010-07-12, 05:11 PM
Lord Pringle, here are some general, very basic tips. In no particular order.

1. Save in png at all times. Jpeg, bitmap and gif blur coloured images and are not ideal for copy and pasting.
2. Keep the dialogue centred in the speech-bubble.
3. Use standard black and white or other contrast colours for your speech bubble text/background. Make sure you can read the text without difficulty. I wouldn't overdo the non-conventional speech bubble colours so I'd just keep most to black/white unless you have a specific reason.
4. Take your time, don't rush it.
5. Speech bubbles should be ovals or rectangles. Do the text first and then the bubble to fit around it.
6. For order, English readers read from left to right and top to bottom. Put the dialogue in this order to keep it from being confusing. (You have not made this mistake)
7. Don't hesitate to use multiple panels for complex scenes. Your comic is confusing so consider stretching it out.
8. Proofread your dialogue for obvious mistakes. One error is your 'screw thisl.'

SinisterPenguin
2010-07-12, 05:44 PM
Hmm. I do recall being linked to the very first ABR with all of its MSPaint goodness =p.

In all seriousness, Lord Pringle, here is Trazoi's inkscape tutorial (http://www.trazoi.net/tutorials/inkscape/oots/). It has helped many avatarists and artists, and it will help you too ^^. Making things work in a comic form really requires practice, and many of our first comics are a bit nonsensical. Just don't let the comments discourage you and keep trying, and you'll get it soon enough ^^.

Lord Pringle, here are some general, very basic tips. In no particular order.

1. Save in png at all times. Jpeg, bitmap and gif blur coloured images and are not ideal for copy and pasting.
2. Keep the dialogue centred in the speech-bubble.
3. Use standard black and white or other contrast colours for your speech bubble text/background. Make sure you can read the text without difficulty. I wouldn't overdo the non-conventional speech bubble colours so I'd just keep most to black/white unless you have a specific reason.
4. Take your time, don't rush it.
5. Speech bubbles should be ovals or rectangles. Do the text first and then the bubble to fit around it.
6. For order, English readers read from left to right and top to bottom. Put the dialogue in this order to keep it from being confusing. (You have not made this mistake)
7. Don't hesitate to use multiple panels for complex scenes. Your comic is confusing so consider stretching it out.
8. Proofread your dialogue for obvious mistakes. One error is your 'screw thisl.'

I applaud you two for actually being constructive and helping this guy out instead of apparently trying to driving away a new member who could be perfectly capable of improving.

Threeshades
2010-07-12, 06:38 PM
I applaud you two for actually being constructive and helping this guy out instead of apparently trying to driving away a new member who could be perfectly capable of improving.

I take this as an accusation against me. One without any basis.

lord pringle
2010-07-12, 08:28 PM
thanks guys for the help.
I was half asleep in my defense.

Mad Mask
2010-07-12, 08:32 PM
thanks guys for the help.
I was half asleep in my defense.

Here's a tip: you should never, ever, draw comics when you are in the following states:

Drowsy
Rushed
Supposed to be finishing that essay due for tomorrow morning
Drunk
Asleep
Dead

Felyndiira
2010-07-12, 08:36 PM
Here's a tip: you should never, ever, draw comics when you are in the following states:

Dead

Tsk, tsk, MM, what do you have against zombie artists?

lord pringle
2010-07-12, 09:50 PM
Tsk, tsk, MM, what do you have against zombie artists?

aaaaaaaaart! aaaaaaaaaart! cooooomics! cooooooomics!

Threeshades
2010-07-12, 11:27 PM

Drowsy
Rushed
Drunk
Asleep
Dead

the 4th (as well as 6th) is a state generally not recommendable. But there are cases of artists who actually manage to improve their works in some points when drunk.
But still it's not a good idea, even if it were to assist you.

licoot
2010-07-13, 06:21 AM

Drowsy
Rushed
Drunk
Asleep
Dead

but i do all my art while I'm supposed to be doing essays:smalltongue:

Fay Graydon
2010-07-13, 09:27 AM
{table]State|% of time
Drowsy|86%
Rushed|17%
Supposed to be finishing that essay due for tomorrow morning|0%
Drunk|1%
Asleep|6%
Dead|i %[/table]

That's assuming I make a comic of course... :smallbiggrin:

Felyndiira
2010-07-13, 09:31 AM
That's assuming I make a comic of course... :smallbiggrin:

Wait a minute, those percentages add up to 110% + i of the time =p.

I didn't know you can reverse time.

Kumo
2010-07-13, 09:32 AM
sometimes he's more than one at the same time >.> duh

Fay Graydon
2010-07-13, 09:33 AM
Wait a minute, those percentages add up to 110% + i of the time =p.

I didn't know you can reverse time.

O.O
*gets out a calculator*
Would you believe me if i said I randomly picked numbers with the hope that they would add up to more then 100+i %
I honestly had no idea my random number choosings added up to 110%! :smallbiggrin:

EDIT:

sometimes she's more than one at the same time >.> duh

Fixed that for you :smallsmile:

licoot
2010-07-13, 09:49 AM
i'm gonna sound stupid asking this, but whats 'i'

Emperor Ing
2010-07-13, 10:08 AM
I don't suppose you have any examples of comics made during the time you were either in the 1% state or i% state. :smallamused:

GrlumpTheElder
2010-07-13, 11:36 AM

3) Say hi.

My turn

Hi everyone, long time follower of ABR, first time comic maker...
I've made a random kill and am planning to join FFF:R soon

Thinks that's sorted. :smallbiggrin:

Felyndiira
2010-07-13, 11:55 AM
i'm gonna sound stupid asking this, but whats 'i'

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/8120/iis1.gif

My turn

Hello and welcome =D.

licoot
2010-07-13, 12:01 PM

Lord Raziere
2010-07-13, 12:03 PM

in other words, "i" represents an imaginary number, one that technically doesn't exist, a number that well....well its like a mathematician sat down and thought "hmmmm this equation does not make sense, I wonder what will happen if I use hypothetical numbers to solve them in some crazy nonsensical way to achieve stuff that can't be done with actual numbers."

just think remember that i = numbers that do not exist which math guys made up for some reason, and you will be fine.

Mina Kobold
2010-07-13, 12:41 PM
My turn

Welcome aboard!

Now we must think of horrible unspeakable ways of killing an imaginary representation of you...

Fun!

Silverraptor
2010-07-13, 06:34 PM
Just a question...

Has Darklord left? And if so, what should we do about his characters?

V'icternus
2010-07-13, 07:14 PM
They... fell off a bridge.

Into space.

Never to return again.

Kumo
2010-07-13, 07:38 PM
Just a question...

let's get rid of them in a hilariously random manner! :smallbiggrin:

X2
2010-07-14, 12:42 AM
Hey! I might be coming back. I've recovered all my lost templates. But as soon as I can find a way to transfer them to my main computer I'll be making an FFFR comic explaining X2s abcense. He was changing clothes. :smalltongue:

An X2k should follow, followed then by another Full Circle.

But theres not a 100 percent chance. I'm quite lazy after all so I might just forget it. I wager a 75-80 percent of a full return though.

Tiffanie Lirle
2010-07-14, 09:41 AM
Just a question...

I wouldn't suggest killing them off completely just yet. Maybe turn them into npc's, and have them hang around in the background from time to time.

Threeshades
2010-07-14, 10:06 AM
or do what we always do with inactive characters, just leave them in the spot there in and move the plot along, for them to be forgotten, where they are.
Like with Salmon and Leroy in FFF1 :smallbiggrin:

GrlumpTheElder
2010-07-15, 03:55 AM
Aah, Q, thanks for giving me a perfect oppertunity to introduce my character...:smallbiggrin:

X2
2010-07-15, 05:02 AM
Well I feel loved.

Emperor Ing
2010-07-15, 05:13 AM
Well I feel loved.

Who are you?

X2
2010-07-15, 05:18 AM
Acknowledgement is still acknowledgement! I'll take it!

Green-Shirt Q
2010-07-15, 06:08 AM
Hey! I might be coming back. I've recovered all my lost templates. But as soon as I can find a way to transfer them to my main computer I'll be making an FFFR comic explaining X2s abcense. He was changing clothes. :smalltongue:

An X2k should follow, followed then by another Full Circle.

But theres not a 100 percent chance. I'm quite lazy after all so I might just forget it. I wager a 75-80 percent of a full return though.

Well I feel loved.

Yeeesh. :smallsigh:

Welcome back, Xarty! I'm looking forward to the return of your comics. :smallsmile:

Think you're going to rejoin ABR as well? It could use all the help it could get.

X2
2010-07-15, 06:18 AM
Is that so? Anyone care to recap my lazy arse?

Felyndiira
2010-07-15, 08:31 AM
Is that so? Anyone care to recap my lazy arse?

Stuff happened, you guys got the first key, and 3S is now in green-shirted Q's apartment because the second key happened to be his apartment key. Sini has a clothing change, and the batman robot is now sneaking around on Tiffy's airship.

Also, welcome back Xarty =p.

EDIT: FI is currently nowhere =p. I think I'm waiting on MM's next plot comic so I can post a plot relevant event (or it could be the other way around, I forgot =p). Keveak's magical kobolds are somewhere in town now, and everyone else is killing mooks.

X2
2010-07-15, 08:32 AM
Awesome! How is FI going? I might want in.

Threeshades
2010-07-15, 08:46 AM
Awesome! How is FI going? I might want in.

Slow and steady might be the keywords here. Or maybe still and stagnant.

licoot
2010-07-15, 08:53 AM
Slow and steady might be the keywords here. Or maybe still and stagnant.

its not stagnant, just very, very slow:smalltongue:

X2
2010-07-15, 08:53 AM
You know what they say. Slow and steady wins the race. They are idiots.

Fay Graydon
2010-07-15, 08:59 AM
Hmmm quick question...
All this stuff with GSQ thinking his apartment key is the correct key...
Since neither Salmon nor Leroy has had a vision thingy...
Does that mean this is a wild goose chase? :smalltongue:
Cuz until someone makes a comic with a vision in (or tells me to do it or whatever)... Maestro has no idea where the next Key is... :smallfrown:

licoot
2010-07-15, 10:17 AM
Hmmm quick question...
Cuz until someone makes a comic with a vision in (or tells me to do it or whatever)... Maestro has no idea where the next Key is... :smallfrown:

you could just have some of maestro's men turn up where the key is

X2
2010-07-15, 10:21 AM
Is it possible for me to introduce a new character in to FFFR?

licoot
2010-07-15, 10:23 AM
Is it possible for me to introduce a new character in to FFFR?

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to, people have done it loads of times before

X2
2010-07-15, 10:27 AM
Awesome. I'm into music right now you see, so I need a conduit for my inevitable music jokes and would rather it not be X2.

Mad Mask
2010-07-15, 10:29 AM
Hmmm quick question...

I'm making a FFFR comic now, adding up to GSQ's key chasing.

Thanks for making an apartment scene, it's so easy to introduce new characters! :smallsmile:

@Q: Oh, and for my FI comic, I'm going to include Q in a board meeting, is that fine with you?

X2
2010-07-15, 10:48 AM
Yes! My new character will be introduced in this complex.

Kumo
2010-07-15, 11:00 AM
You know what they say. Slow and steady wins the race. They are idiots.

Can i sig that?

X2
2010-07-15, 11:04 AM
Go ahead. :smallsmile:

Felyndiira
2010-07-15, 11:10 AM
I am posting something so X2 doesn't double-post =p.

In all seriousness, though, Xarty is planning on starting a band of sorts in FFF:R as a (third party?) (part of team evil?), and he's looking for victims. I just happened to be his first minion, so I am suggesting that everyone join =p.

@V: Bank? What bank =p? I definitely did not edit my post or anything like that to fix some sort of mistake.

X2
2010-07-15, 11:16 AM
A bank Fely? Do you mean a band?

Yes we've decided to have a little rock band idea for FFFR which has to do with my new character (who I will post within the hour, his name being Dylan Stryder). So we are now hiring! Here is what we got so far

Lead Vocals: Dylan Stryder
Lead Guitarist: Felyndiira
Rythm Guitarist: Vacant
Drums Vacant
Bass Guitar Vacant

Kumo
2010-07-15, 11:38 AM

Yes we've decided to have a little rock band idea for FFFR which has to do with my new character (who I will post within the hour, his name being Dylan Stryder). So we are now hiring! Here is what we got so far

Drums Vacant
Bass Guitar Vacant

Can Gethrisja be Bass?

X2
2010-07-15, 11:39 AM
Depends. Who is Gehtrisja?

Kumo
2010-07-15, 11:41 AM
Depends. Who is Gehtrisja?

The dragon who has trouble pronouncing Lyinginbedmon's name from several comics back.

EDIT: Or Kumo. He's not in F3R yet.

Mina Kobold
2010-07-15, 12:11 PM

Drums Vacant
Bass Guitar Vacant

I'm pondering whether I should make Keveak the drummer in that band...

Only problem is I know nothing about music, but a kobold as a drummer is just such a funny image :smalltongue:

GrlumpTheElder
2010-07-15, 01:12 PM

Thanks for making an apartment scene, it's so easy to introduce new characters! :smallsmile:

Ah, I'm doing the same thing...um...

should I just give up, or make it non-cannon?????

Felyndiira
2010-07-15, 01:21 PM
Ah, I'm doing the same thing...um...

should I just give up, or make it non-cannon?????

Never. Always let yourself join in on the fun XD.

Mina Kobold
2010-07-15, 01:26 PM
http://www.kinogo.com/victor/fffr/fffr1.png

Part II should be up soon-ish. Hope I don't mess up your plans GrlumpTheElder. :smallfrown:

Hmm, that messes with my comic-in-the-making...

But the joke can still be used so i'll just wait for part two and try to find a way to boot-horn it in :smallsmile:

Threeshades
2010-07-15, 01:33 PM
http://www.kinogo.com/victor/fffr/fffr1.png

Part II should be up soon-ish. Hope I don't mess up your plans GrlumpTheElder. :smallfrown:

So Sinister Penguin is Sinister Auk now?

Lyinginbedmon
2010-07-15, 02:06 PM
I'm pondering whether I should make Keveak the drummer in that band...

Only problem is I know nothing about music, but a kobold as a drummer is just such a funny image :smalltongue:

Can you beat 60 drums at once? No? Then Lying can give him a run for his money :smalltongue:

Threeshades
2010-07-15, 02:07 PM

Drums Vacant
Bass Guitar Vacant

what is a dylan stryder?

GrlumpTheElder
2010-07-15, 02:07 PM
Never. Always let yourself join in on the fun XD.

A very quick edit and I can. Sorry for not giving your character more comic time, madmask and hope I didn't ruin any plans...

Kumo
2010-07-15, 02:12 PM
50 pages. new thread.

Mina Kobold
2010-07-15, 03:21 PM
Can you beat 60 drums at once? No? Then Lying can give him a run for his money :smalltongue:

No. Keveak probably can but not me.

Keveak could probably beat 70 drums at once while juggling them, dancing a jig on hot coal and balancing a neon pink vase on his snout if it looks funny and/or silly enough.

He gets his powers from rule of Fun*

*Whether I can make it funny or not is the problem

50 pages. new thread.

Good pointsy.

Who should make it? :smallsmile:

Fay Graydon
2010-07-15, 04:07 PM
Who should make it? :smallsmile:

Ill make it...
Never made a discussion thread before :smallsmile:

Threeshades
2010-07-15, 04:33 PM
Ill make it...
Never made a discussion thread before :smallsmile:

kay :smallsmile:

Also madmask didn't answer me why Sinister Penguin is an Auk in his comics.

Mad Mask
2010-07-15, 04:50 PM
Also madmask didn't answer me why Sinister Penguin is an Auk in his comics.

It looks more sinister. Penguins are too cute.

Also, SP said the template was fine, as far as I remember.

Fay Graydon
2010-07-15, 05:23 PM
Just waiting on a mod to approve it now.
Also why do you have a girl's gender symbol Mask?

Threeshades
2010-07-15, 05:24 PM
It looks more sinister. Penguins are too cute.

Also, SP said the template was fine, as far as I remember.

Then you might as well make it a vulture, those look even more sinister and are about as closely related to penguins.

ah well if he's fine with not being a penguin in your comics, who am I to bother?

Mad Mask
2010-07-15, 05:26 PM
Then you might as well make it a vulture, those look even more sinister and are about as closely related to penguins.

Yes but auks look penguinier.

Green-Shirt Q
2010-07-15, 05:39 PM

@Q: Oh, and for my FI comic, I'm going to include Q in a board meeting, is that fine with you?

Wow. I actually thought it was a stupid idea and that nobody would make any comics. Glad to see the idea was nowhere as dumb as I thought it'd be. :smallbiggrin:

And yes. Please include Q in the board meeting. I am quite flattered that you asked. :smallsmile:

X2
2010-07-15, 08:44 PM
In regards to this debate regarding who will be on the drums I have decided to take a page out of Yahtzee's book. The one who can best draw a picture of the other character in a bikini wins!

This'll be fun!

GrlumpTheElder
2010-07-16, 10:29 AM
Right, I made an FFF:R comic, but I've removed it because it didn't work with MadMask's Story. I'll make a new one introducing Grlump after I get back from holiday in a week...

Rae Artemi
2010-07-16, 01:46 PM
Heh, so Grlump is gonna be in Abr now?

Old teammates will meet again and all that.

Mad Mask
2010-07-16, 02:00 PM
What is happening? Has ABR died? :smallconfused:

I have a feeling this is somehow my fault...

licoot
2010-07-16, 02:20 PM
What is happening? Has ABR died? :smallconfused:

I have a feeling this is somehow my fault...

Why would ABR have died

-skimmer-
2010-07-16, 02:50 PM
Right, I made an FFF:R comic, but I've removed it because it didn't work with MadMask's Story. I'll make a new one introducing Grlump after I get back from holiday in a week...

If you mean this (http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w192/pomchop/FFFR1.png) one, then it worked fine. It's obvious it happened after MMs introduction so there was no need to remove anything....

You may still post it again now and it will make sense:smallsmile:

Ninja edit: New thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160293).