PDA

View Full Version : [Exalted] Requesting a better bow

senrath
2010-04-15, 08:56 PM
Well, I'm kinda underwhelmed by the stats for both the Short and Long Powerbows, so I'm looking for something else to work with. I'd prefer a weapon that does a little more than just do damage.

Originally I was going to use the Crimson Bow, but I can't come up with a good reason that my character would own it, and my ST doesn't want me to replicate it as it's a unique artifact.

Oh, and since it's important, my character is an Abyssal who specializes in Archery.

Primal Fury
2010-04-15, 09:10 PM
Originally I was going to use the Crimson Bow, but I can't come up with a good reason that my character would own it, and my ST doesn't want me to replicate it as it's a unique artifact.

I don't have my books on hand right now, but what exactly does the Crimson Bow do?

As for a reason for having it... Are you a loyalist Abyssal? If so, then it could be a gift from your Deathlord.

Lochar
2010-04-15, 09:11 PM
Alternate Creation.

There are no deathlords, and the Abyssals are actually a creation of Autocthon/Engine of Extinction.

Crimson Bow gives an auto success hit without the use of Charms or stunts to dodge/block.

The Rose Dragon
2010-04-15, 09:12 PM
I don't have my books on hand right now, but what exactly does the Crimson Bow do?

As for a reason for having it... Are you a loyalist Abyssal? If so, then it could be a gift from your Deathlord.

Two things:

1) The Crimson Bow is a unique, orichalcum powerbow that dates back to the Primordial War.

2) In the game he's talking about, there are no Deathlords.

Primal Fury
2010-04-15, 09:13 PM
Oh... Well never mind then. :smallredface:

senrath
2010-04-15, 09:14 PM
It also allows the expenditure of 4 motes of essence to make the damage aggravated, instead of lethal. I'd love to have it, but there's really no way I can justify it.

Lochar
2010-04-15, 09:15 PM
Aggravated against spirits, not everything. But yeah, I couldn't see a reason to give it to you either.

The Rose Dragon
2010-04-15, 09:18 PM
Steal from Black Widow Razors and have it drink Virtues?