PDA

View Full Version : Half titan... blodline?

Niro
2010-04-17, 05:33 AM
I have been reading Bastards and Bloodline.. and the half titan template seems kinda nice but the LA +8 is kinda har to swallow.
I have seen bloodlines (not that I understand how you use them tough) so I thought that someone might help me understand how the blodlines worked and maybe help me create a titan blodline

Yora
2010-04-17, 05:45 AM
Here are the rules for bloodlines (http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/resources/systems/pennpaper/dnd35/soveliorsage/unearthedBloodlines.html).

Niro
2010-04-17, 06:54 AM
So... if I create the Titan Blodline... And I had a lvl 1 Barbarian.. 1000 exp later and when I should be a lvl 2 barbarian.. Instead I am a barbarian 1/titan bloodline 1?
Or am I mistaking?

Lateral
2010-04-17, 08:36 AM
Look at those bloodline rules again- there's already a titan bloodline.

jokey665
2010-04-17, 09:15 AM
Look at those bloodline rules again- there's already a titan bloodline.

Yup, here it is:
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/bloodlines.htm#titan

Niro
2010-04-18, 02:54 AM
Yes there is a titan blodline.. But I don't think it has the strength as the half-titan template.
I would rather that it was the half titan which were divided with 20 so you get some sort of bonus at each level (So I am guessin that I want to make a major blodline)

The reason for this blodline is that I am in a greek campain and wanted to play as a child of Gaia or something along those lines. So I looked at the half titan template and well... I want to be useful in our party too (with the ability to backstab them at the right moment) and a lvl 1 amongst lvl 8s is kinda... well useless. So I thought of the blodline.. My character could grow into power or something like that.

So.. Would I be able to make it? Or should I just beg my GM to make a titan template with lower LA?

Ashtagon
2010-04-18, 03:28 AM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8293111&postcount=21

That, with a bit of re-fluffing, probably does a bit of what you want. It's not really a titan as such though.

Lunix Vandal
2010-04-18, 06:59 AM
Yes there is a titan blodline.. But I don't think it has the strength as the half-titan template.Well, what did you expect? You're comparing a LA+8 template to an (essentially) LA+3 progression.

I would rather that it was the half titan which were divided with 20 so you get some sort of bonus at each level (So I am guessin that I want to make a major blodline)UA's Major Titan Bloodline already gives you some sort of bonus at every level. If your DM has any knowledge of how the bloodline rules work and you try to cram in the other 5/8ths of the half-titan template into a homebrew progression, I'd fully expect him to either veto it or force you to take five extra levels of Bloodline at some point (probably early on, too) to avoid halting the progression and taking the -20% XP penalty. Which, incidentally, you'll want to check with your DM before you count on being able to use a bloodline progression at all -- many DMs don't like it when you use material from UA without their explicit permission, since everything in the entire book is by definition part of an alternate or strictly optional ruleset.

As for how the progression works, check the spoiler.{table=head]Character Level | Minor Bloodline | Intermediate Bloodline | Major Bloodline
1 | Base Class 1 | Base Class 1 | Base Class 1
2 | Base Class 2 | Base Class 2 | Base Class 2
3 | Base Class 3 | Base Class 3 | Base Class 2/Bloodline 1
4 | Base Class 4 | Base Class 4 | Base Class 3/Bloodline 1
5 | Base Class 5 | Base Class 5 | Base Class 4/Bloodline 1
6 | Base Class 6 | Base Class 5/Bloodline 1 | Base Class 4/Bloodline 2
7 | Base Class 7 | Base Class 6/Bloodline 1 | Base Class 5/Bloodline 2
8 | Base Class 8 | Base Class 7/Bloodline 1 | Base Class 6/Bloodline 2
9 | Base Class 9 | Base Class 8/Bloodline 1 | Base Class 7/Bloodline 2
10 | Base Class 10 | Base Class 9/Bloodline 1 | Base Class 8/Bloodline 2
11 | Base Class 11 | Base Class 10/Bloodline 1 | Base Class 9/Bloodline 2
12 | Base Class 11/Bloodline 1 | Base Class 10/Bloodline 2 | Base Class 10/Bloodline 3
13 and following | Base Class CL-1/Bloodline 1 | Base Class CL-2/Bloodline 2 | Base Class CL-3/Bloodline 3[/table]
Note, however, these paragraphs, copy-pasted from the SRD:
A bloodline level grants no increase in base attack bonus or base save bonuses, no hit points or skill points, and no class features. It counts as a normal class level (with no class skills) for the purpose of determining maximum skill ranks. Levels of bloodline never result in XP penalties for multiclass characters.

Include the character's bloodline level when calculating any character ability based on his class levels (such as caster level for spellcasting characters, or save DCs for characters with special abilities whose DCs are based on class level). The character doesn't gain any abilities, spells known, or spells per day from the addition of his bloodline levels, though—only the calculations of his level-based abilities are affected.

If a character has levels in two or more classes in addition to his bloodline levels, each class gains the benefit of adding the bloodline levels when calculating abilities.THERE'S TWO "Os" IN "BLOODLINE," DANGIT!

Boci
2010-04-18, 07:09 AM
The reason for this blodline is that I am in a greek campain and wanted to play as a child of Gaia

Druid? Possibly with an non-standard LA 0 race. I'm thinking if you're the child of Gaia, you will emulate her nature affinity qualities more than those general to all titans.