PDA

View Full Version : Can you veiw you own avatar?

CZrandom
2010-04-20, 01:53 AM
I am a noob, i started 5min before this post, can you?:smallconfused:

Maximum Zersk
2010-04-20, 01:56 AM
Yes, I can. Did you set up yours?

Atelm
2010-04-20, 02:00 AM
This thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80781) will likely help you.

lesser_minion
2010-05-07, 09:05 PM
As far as I'm aware, there's no way to preview the standard avatars when you're choosing one.

Hopefully, that's what you wanted to know (by the way, this seems more like a Board/Site issues question). Otherwise, I hope the guides on custom avatars answer your question.

Silverraptor
2010-05-07, 09:06 PM
As far as I'm aware, there's no way to preview the standard avatars when you're choosing one.

Hopefully, that's what you wanted to know (by the way, this seems more like a Board/Site issues question). Otherwise, I hope the guides on custom avatars answer your question.

Actually, there is.

What I do is open up my profile page and then when I make the change, I refresh the profile page to see if it's working.

Je dit Viola
2010-05-07, 09:11 PM
I am a noob, i started 5min before this post, can you?:smallconfused:

When you set up your avatar, if you don't check the button in the Edit Options part of the Control Panel, then it doesn't show your avatar. If you check "Order of the Stick", then it lets the premade avatar be shown for your account. If you check "Custom", then it shows the avatar by the site you link it to, squished or stretched based on the dimensions given.

You currently have "None" checked, as you don't have an avatar showing up.

lesser_minion
2010-05-07, 09:21 PM
Actually, there is.

What I do is open up my profile page and then when I make the change, I refresh the profile page to see if it's working.

That's more of a workaround. I was assuming he wanted an actual, labelled feature - something like linking to a gallery of some sort, having the option to view the image in a popup or an iframe, or using javascript.

Silverraptor
2010-05-07, 11:00 PM
That's more of a workaround. I was assuming he wanted an actual, labelled feature - something like linking to a gallery of some sort, having the option to view the image in a popup or an iframe, or using javascript.

Oh, if that's what he was asking. Nevermind then.