PDA

View Full Version : Has this been thought of before? Does it work? (3.5)

Brendan
2010-04-20, 09:21 PM
so, I've seen a lot of criticism of the legitimacy of the 1d2 crusader, and I got an idea which probably has been stated a dozen times before, or just doesn't work. could the d2 crusader be replicated by a crusader of any race, who just happened to have taken a level of cleric and the retribution domain? Along with some okay spells, it gives the ability to take max damage on one attack per day. here is the exact text.

Granted Power (Su): Once per day, if you have been harmed by someone in combat, you can make a strike of vengeance with a melee or ranged weapon against that foe on your next action. If this strike hits, you deal maximum damage
by using this and the aura of chaos maneuver, the attack would deal max damage, and (i think) the attack would deal endless damage. I bet I'm missing something, but it would be nice and simple if it works.

Curmudgeon
2010-04-20, 09:45 PM
by using this and the aura of chaos maneuver, the attack would deal max damage, and (i think) the attack would deal endless damage.
Nope.
When rolling damage for a melee attack, you gain a special benefit from any damage die that rolls its maximum amount (such as a result of 6 on a d6).
The granted power gives you the maximum damage value once a day. No rolling is involved.

Brendan
2010-04-20, 09:53 PM
Oh, I thought it meant that you treat it as if you had rolled, say a 6 on a d6, not as if you just got max damage. nevermind, then.