PDA

View Full Version : Turn Resistance Boosts

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-04-21, 09:19 AM
Had a request on my monster advancement thread for an undead build that is almost wholly turn resistance. Realized as I was thinking it over I can think of a dozen ways to boost turning, but even after research I can find very little that actual undead may take.

Anyone know of any special combinations to ramp up that resistance to turning?

If not I may just need to make a homebrew to fill in this deplorable gap.

Lycanthromancer
2010-04-21, 09:48 AM
Isn't there a feat (Superior Undead Resistance, or somesuch) that makes you flat-out immune to turning?

Also, life ward, from the Spell Compendium, blocks positive energy effects, I believe.

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-04-21, 09:51 AM
Isn't there a feat (Superior Undead Resistance, or somesuch) that makes you flat-out immune to turning?
If there is I haven't found it and I've scrolled through pretty much every 3.5 feat.

Ernir
2010-04-21, 09:56 AM
There's the Improved Turn Resistance feat. (I assume you've seen it, VT, since you say you've browsed through all those feats, but someone else might not.) Can't be taken more than once by RAW, but if that is waived...

Have the creator of the undead have the Bolster Resistance feat.

Have the undead be controlled by someone with the Necromantic Presence feat.

And the plain Cloak of Turn Resistance.

This is all in Libris Mortis, each grants a +4 bonus. Only the first and last actually helps an undead operating on it own, but at least they're something.

EDIT: The Lifebond feat in LM too. Make the undead keep its pet hamster in its pocket.

PlzBreakMyCmpAn
2010-04-21, 02:05 PM
There are actually very few methods to be immune to turning/rebuking (meaning you can't be destroyed or commanded). My last count was three. I have them if you want them, but there is no such feat. None of them are optimal.

Outside of being undead, I know of no way to be immune to turning. Warforged beware :)