PDA

View Full Version : 4e Retro Game!

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-23, 04:36 PM
The farming city of Dron, (population 13,537) lies in the hills 37 miles from fellcrest. You have been traveling for days now and it is raining heavily so you are happy to run across civilization. You decide to go to a quaint little inn called "The Valiant Blade" to spend the night. The tavern looks a little seedy but it beats camping out in the rain.

King Tius
2010-04-23, 04:43 PM
Durvim Runefist

The stalwart Dwarf enter the inn and shakes the rain from his travel hood. He looks around with calm, deep eyes as he looks for a suitable spot at the (presumed) inn's bar. He takes a seat and nods to the bartender, drawing a small sack of coins from his belt.

"Good evenin' to ye. I'll be needing a pint of yer strongest ale to ease my weary feet. Several more after as well!" He says the last bit with a small chuckle.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-23, 05:52 PM
Due to stuff I'm not so happy about I may not be able to play tomorrow. :smallfrown:
I can still play today however! :smallwink:

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-23, 06:59 PM
Durvim Runefist

The stalwart Dwarf enter the inn and shakes the rain from his travel hood. He looks around with calm, deep eyes as he looks for a suitable spot at the (presumed) inn's bar. He takes a seat and nods to the bartender, drawing a small sack of coins from his belt.

"Good evenin' to ye. I'll be needing a pint of yer strongest ale to ease my weary feet. Several more after as well!" He says the last bit with a small chuckle.

You sure you want our strongest?
asks the bartender, a heavily built man with red cheeks and a bushy mustache.
It's called "swamp fever, it has a real kick." :belkar:

King Tius
2010-04-23, 07:07 PM
Durvim

"If I'd a gold fer every time some human told me their ale was strong, I could afford to drink some REAL ale!" Durvim lets out a big laugh at his jest. Hopefully the bartender sees he is just playing around. As he chuckles he makes a "give it here" motion with his hand. Regaining control of himself, he nods to the bartender. "Aye, I'll take the Fever, then."

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-23, 07:11 PM
3 copper.
he says passing you a mug of something frothing and fowl-smelling.

Kol Korran
2010-04-24, 02:06 AM
Argile Quickfox

the door opens barely a notch, and closes. was it the wind?

a few moments later a small figure puts his traveling cloak out to dry. the fire gleams on his smile. "Ahhhh... fire! food! company!" and money on said company "It's been pissing down like when we got that weather priest all drunken down!"

with a flourish the hobbit jumps on an empty table, flipping up a plate to his hand. "Food for a Hobbit! i'm as hungry as a Minotaur on a mushroom diet!" :smallwink:

OOC: will we need an OOC link?

dariathalon
2010-04-24, 10:39 AM
Solina Gemflower

A beautiful half-elven woman is the next to enter. Well, she would normally be beautiful anyway, but now she looks rather like a drowned rat. Her thick honey-blonde hair, that would normally hang in large curls around her head and down her back, is stuck to her scalp and neck, heavy from the rain water. She stands for a moment in the doorway, wiping water from her large almond-shaped blue eyes.

She is a petite woman, standing less than 5 and a half feet tall. Due to her size, her weapons and armor seem a bit comical on her small frame. Her normally attractive attire made from animal furs, now just makes her look like a dog in desperate need of a shake-off. A large heavy mace hangs from a loop at her hip. On her back is a backpack with a crossbow and heavy shield attached. Not at all the sort of thing one would expect a pretty young lady like her to carry around. A sun-shaped bronze disk hangs from her neck.

Once she has dried herself as best she can, she'll approach the bar. "Excuse me sir," her voice is very soft and feminine. "I'd like a glass of wine. And perhaps a bowl of warm soup, if you have it. I could certainly use something to warm up with after that rain."

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-24, 11:58 AM
The drink is horrible and watered-down but the food is hot and delicious after subsisting on trail rations. You can finally warm you'r feet and get some proper food inside you. The rain is heavy and thunder crashes outside.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-24, 12:03 PM
A hobbit sized meal for a hobbit sized appetite!
Says the bartender passing the halfling a hot bowl of beef stew.
Adventurers are you?

Kol Korran
2010-04-24, 12:17 PM
Arguile Quickfox

Arguile sniffs at the stew, then takes of his pack some spices and herbs to flabour the meal (a hobbit after all!). "Adventurer? yeah, what the hell. you can call me that if the pay is good!" Arguile delve into the food, and after a moment or so smiles up, with a wide, if worried smile on his face "Speaking of pay... how about i entertain your guests with amazing exploits of acrobatics and legedermain, for the price of a room and the meal? eh? you wouldn't turn a hobbit down now, would you? you won't be disappointed, i'm the finest in the land!"
Arguile starts eating quickly while waiting for the reply.

King Tius
2010-04-24, 12:22 PM
Durvim

Durvim puts one silver down on the bar and slides it towards the barkeep. "Jest so I don't have ta keep paying ye for each drink."

He sits back and begins to not-so-slowly drink his way through his tab.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-24, 01:24 PM
Durvim

Durvim puts one silver down on the bar and slides it towards the barkeep. "Jest so I don't have ta keep paying ye for each drink."

He sits back and begins to not-so-slowly drink his way through his tab.

The ale is so bad it requires a saving throw, make one.

A'den
2010-04-24, 01:24 PM
Kane

The door opens again for a moment the room seems to have darkened like a large shadow but it happened so fast that most people would of just considered it a trick of their eye sight. Kane enters the room, for a moment the tall black hooded man regards the room before lowering his hood and following his companions over to the bar. Easily the most handsome man in the bar, (18 Charisma :smallamused:) he noticed more than one woman follow him across the room with their eyes. He grinned to himself, he had told himself he wouldn't cause so much trouble this time.

Leaning his spear against the bar that he had been using as a walking staff he sets his rucksack down next to his chair sitting next to good looking priestess. Kane had never been much of the religious type but she might of gotten him to confess his sin with those almond shaped baby blues. He looked up at the bartender, "Ale, please, and not whatever piss the Dwarf is drinking. And a bowl of stew."

Tossing a silver piece on the counter Kane leaned back in his chair appreciating a chance to get off his feet. Maybe this time they'd pull down enough gold to buy horses.

King Tius
2010-04-24, 01:33 PM
OOG: Do we all know each other beforehand?

Saving Throw: [roll0]

EDIT: Boom, passed by the skin of my teeth!

Kol Korran
2010-04-24, 01:44 PM
OOG: i think we don't, but i think we're getting there slowly, slowly. still one missing.

Argile Quickfox

Argile felt a shiver grow thourgh him as the tall human entered. he watched him cautiously, while pretending to just be enjoying his stew. the elders back at the Gypsies camp said never to ignore your backbones.

ok, it was decided! not picpocketing that man! The pelorite perhaps? she seems non threatening. but looks can be decieving. who better than Arguile would know! the dwarf? nnnoooo. they never have a sensible sense of humor! maybe after he gets drunk enough?

bah! they look as poor as he is! think Arguile, think!

mkfuba07
2010-04-24, 01:52 PM
A 17 year old boy stumbles into the tavern, his normally untidy hair plastered to his forehead. His white shirt, black pants, and beige hooded mantle are all soaked, chilling him to the bone. Running his hands over himself as if to force the water out of his clothing, steam passes through his fingers, and the fabric drys. Aside from shaking his head vigorously, he leaves his hair wet.

"It's easier to manage like this. Dry it all the way and it's all over the place," he says to no one in particular. With a grin on his face he walks up to the counter. He sits next to the dwarf, and says to the bartender, "Hey, got any food? I'm starving!" He absentmindedly taps a gold coin on the counter as he surveys the room, waiting for the bartender to respond.

There's gotta be someone in here I could mess with.
He looks at the tall hooded man standing with the priestess. Something tells me that would be a bad idea... Too scary.
Looking towards the dwarf: I should probably let him get a few more drinks in him first. Too sober.
Finally, spotting the Hobbit, he smirks. Just right.

OOC: Sorry, I apparently left that post half completed... Fixed it though!

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-24, 09:42 PM
OOG: Do we all know each other beforehand?

Saving Throw: [roll0]

EDIT: Boom, passed by the skin of my teeth!

No, saves are 11+.
You are dazed (save ends)

And do you know each other beforehand?
That is you'r choice.

King Tius
2010-04-24, 09:55 PM
OOG: Page 279 of the Player's Handbook states that a 10 or higher is a save, unless this is a house rule of yours.

mkfuba07
2010-04-24, 10:26 PM
OOC: I just wanted to say that I fixed my post above. I must have accidentally posted it without completing it. It's a bit more interesting now :smallsmile:

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-24, 10:54 PM
OOG: Page 279 of the Player's Handbook states that a 10 or higher is a save, unless this is a house rule of yours.

I'm pretty sure it's 11+, that's how iv'e played since 4e came out.

King Tius
2010-04-24, 10:58 PM
OOG: I don't know what to tell you. I looked it up in the PHB and it says so right on page 279.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-24, 10:59 PM
OOG: I don't know what to tell you. I looked it up in the PHB and it says so right on page 279.

Ok, I guess. :smallconfused:
You made the save than.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-24, 11:28 PM
As you finish you'r food and drink you are shown to you'r rooms, they aren't luxurious but they aren't squalled either. If you want to roleplay anything before waking up now is the time.

Kol Korran
2010-04-25, 01:03 AM
i think it would be best to put the links to all our pages at the top post, for easy reference. also, something tells me that Arguile and thw wizard are going to get along fabulously...

Argile Quickfox

the hobbit finishes his plate in a manner fitting to his name. he then takes out a bunch of sticks, and start doing acrobatic and slight of hand tricks to entertain the crowd. he looks up at the odd newcomers from the corner of his eye. something keeps nagging at him. when he takes a break it suddenly hits him!

Arguile comes closer to the slightly intoxicated dwarf "hey, isn't your name Durvem, Dirvem, Durvim or something of the like? my clan stopped by your hold about two years ago." he then lowers his voice to a whisper I remember you from the Incident... with the Kordite, the dwarven merchants, the twins, and the crazy dogs. remember? boy, that was impressive!"

OOC: if you guys wanna roleplay a bit, lets roleplay, if not, we can skip ahead to the adventure i guess.

Kol Korran
2010-04-25, 08:22 AM
OOG:
Bad News on my part: i've been called to reserve militery service (in Israel most of the population does reserve service) for a period of 2 weeks, starting sunday next week (our weeks starts on sunday) meaning that i don't know if i have computer access between the 2-6 of may, and the 9-13 of may (i get back on the weekends).

if you guys prefer it, have Arguile meld into the background (get arrested for questioning or the like) or just play him for the time being.

sorry again, but it can't be helped.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-25, 09:20 AM
That's just fine, we all understand.
In-fact I have a companion NPC striker I want to try out.
Do you mind if the kick-ass kung-fu barmaid joins the dungeon crawl while you're gone?

Kol Korran
2010-04-25, 10:28 AM
That's just fine, we all understand.
In-fact I have a companion NPC striker I want to try out.
Do you mind if the kick-ass kung-fu barmaid joins the dungeon crawl while you're gone?

i'll only be gone for 2 weeks. that's about 1 fight in pbp terms, but sure, why not.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-25, 10:41 AM
You are tired and weary so you drop off to sleep almost instantly.

That night you are awakened by the sound of splintering wood, jingling chains, and screams from downstairs!

dariathalon
2010-04-25, 11:00 AM
Solina

Solina gives a polite smile and nod to the man who sits down next to her. Something about the shadows that seemed to follow him made her feel just the slightest bit uneasy, but that was hardly any reason to be impolite.

Now that she's had a few minutes to dry out, she was beginning to look more like herself. She sat quietly enjoying the heat from the fire and the warmth from the stew as it slid down her throat warmed her from the inside. When she had finished her stew, she spun around on the stool.

She looked out over the room with her glass of wine in hand. When the hobbit started his tricks, she placed it down on the bar behind her and began giggling and clapping her hands. "Bravo! Bravo! Do another trick! Please!"

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-25, 11:14 AM
Solina

Solina gives a polite smile and nod to the man who sits down next to her. Something about the shadows that seemed to follow him made her feel just the slightest bit uneasy, but that was hardly any reason to be impolite.

Now that she's had a few minutes to dry out, she was beginning to look more like herself. She sat quietly enjoying the heat from the fire and the warmth from the stew as it slid down her throat warmed her from the inside. When she had finished her stew, she spun around on the stool.

She looked out over the room with her glass of wine in hand. When the hobbit started his tricks, she placed it down on the bar behind her and began giggling and clapping her hands. "Bravo! Bravo! Do another trick! Please!"

Please look at post 29.

dariathalon
2010-04-25, 11:16 AM
(OOC: Sorry, missed that. Just assume that happened before the exhaustion hit, if that's alright.)

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-25, 11:18 AM
(OOC: Sorry, missed that. Just assume that happened before the exhaustion hit, if that's alright.)

It's fine. :smallwink:

mkfuba07
2010-04-25, 12:03 PM
Warren, at first drowsy, stumbles out of his room. When he realizes what these sounds tend to mean, he snaps fully awake. He grabs his orb and rushes down the stairs. When he gets there, he finds...

King Tius
2010-04-25, 12:08 PM
Durvim wakes from a deep slumber and quickly dons his armor before heading down.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-25, 12:22 PM
You find the inn's tavern in total chaos! The windows are broken and the door has been smashed in. tables and chairs are broken and upturned and 4 hostile looking humans stand in the middle of it all.
3 are muscular men carrying spiked chains and holding knives which are sticky with poison. and their leader is a fierce looking woman carrying a spiked chain in each hand. they all have the same strange symbol branded on their forehead. (feel free to make knowledge checks) :smalleek: One of them has the barmaid (a woman with blond hair, a pretty face, and a 17 charisma) grasped in one strong hand.

A'den
2010-04-25, 12:39 PM
Kane rolled over in his bed, as sweat beaded on his forehead as the same nightmare chased away any rest. The screams of the dead haunted him in the dark caverns until he sat up bolt upright in his bed. Screaming from downstairs roused him from the haunted screaming in his head.

He tumbled out of bed and pulled armored leather cuirass over his head and grabbed his spear from leaning against the wall and made his way into the hallway. He made his way to the head of the stairs to see what was going on.

Perception: [roll0]

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-25, 12:47 PM
Kane rolled ove in his bed, a sweat beaded on his forehead as the same nightmare chased away any rest. The screams of the dead haunted him in the dark caverns until he sat up bolt upright in his bed. Screaming from downstairs roused him from the haunted screaming in his head.

He tumbled out of bed and pulled armored leather cuirass over his head and grabbed his spear from leaning against the wall and made his way into the hallway. He made his way to the head of the stairs to see what was going on.

Nice roleplaying, you gain 25 roleplaying xp.

A'den
2010-04-25, 12:59 PM
Thanks. Damn have to double post. Anyways here we go.

Seeing the cute barmaid in danger Kane moves into action even quicker than he normally would.

Initiative: [roll0] Go in whatever order my roll falls in.

From the darkness on the stairs above arcane words bellow out dark and unforgiving sounds tendrils of energy swirl around as a curse settles in on the man holding the barmaid hostage. The room begins to darken slightly, in the darkness two eyes flash brightly like gleaming eyes of a devil. Psychic energies rip at the man holding the barmaid.

Minor :Warlock's Curse: Tough Holding Barmaid
Standard Spiteful Glamor: Atk v Will: [roll1] Dmg: [roll2]
Move: Move down the stairs.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-25, 01:45 PM
Move a finger and she dies!
Says the thug holding the barmaid (init. 20). He twists her arm nearly breaking it and she grunts in pain. as he sees the shadows surrounding him he presses the poison knife to her stomach and says Call of you're spell or I ruin her pretty looks.
Their leader grins.

mkfuba07
2010-04-25, 01:54 PM
Initiative:[roll0]
Hearing the thug's warning, Warren holds the arcane power he had collected around himself in check. Unless he could take out the man in one shot, it would do no good, and, unfortunately, anything powerful enough to kill the man would at least injure the girl.
I'm in over my head here...
Not knowing what else to do, he falls back behind the dwarf, and analyzes the mysterious symbol on their heads.
I know I've seen that before... he thinks, running his free hand through his hair.

Knowledge Check:[roll1]
I wasn't sure what kind of check to make, but my modifier for religion, arcana, and history are all 9. If I have to pick one to use, I'll choose... religion.

Kol Korran
2010-04-25, 02:02 PM
OOC: still in the game, at least for now. worst comes someone will play me.

Arguile Quickfox

The hobbit steps out of the shadow where he's been since arriving, waiting on reinforcements. he twirls a nasty looking dagger in one hand, and a nastier looking dagger in the other.

"Oy there! whomever you are! i see we meet a bunch of cowards this night of ours! didn't your mommy cuddle you enough? taking a helpless woman hostage? i've met crippled blind goblins with more courage than you have! why not try your hand at a real fight with those pretty chains? that is, if you haven't soiled your diapers yet!"

Arguile is weary of the poison, not exactly his strong suit, yet he isn't going to back down. he keeps himself at the ready.

Init: [roll0]
Arguile's going to ready action to throw a dagger at an unprepared man the moment the woman is out of the captors hands. if that counts them not acting yet, then i get my sneak attack.

Sly Flourish (dagger): [roll1] for damage: [roll2] +SA [roll3]

plus, knowledge check (appropriate) [roll4]
i hope that was clear enough.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-25, 02:08 PM
You're various religion checks reveal that the symbol is the un-holy symbol of the dark god Torog, the king that crawls.

If you wish you may make religion checks to find out more about Torog.

mkfuba07
2010-04-25, 02:36 PM
Religion Check: [roll0]
To recall information about Torog.

I guess it really would have been a mistake to mess with the little guy. Gotta keep that in mind.

Arguile's words give Warren courage, and he prepares to unleash a cloud of daggers on the man holding the barmaid as soon as she is at a safe distance.

Cloud of Daggers
Attack: [roll1] vs. Reflex
Damage: [roll2] force damage.
Creates zone in square that deals 4 force damage to those who begin in that square.

dariathalon
2010-04-25, 02:36 PM
Solina

Solina lays in bed with a slight smile on her face. In her mind's eye, she is laying in a flowering meadow feeling the warmth of her god's sunlight embracing her flesh. It is only here, in her dreams, that she is able to truly enjoy this sensation entirely, for she knows that if she stays in the sunlight too long, her fair skin burns easily.

Suddenly, she is pulled from the loving warmth of her dream by the noise below. She throws off the sheets and begins pulling on her armor. It is a little difficult to pull the furs on, because they still hold some moisture from the rain, but she struggles to do so. "It's time to prove my worth. I've got the chance now," she mutters to herself. She picks up her mace and shield and runs for the stairs.

When she finally arrives with the others, she looks down at the situation. The first thing she notices is the dark symbol on the foreheads of the attackers. She pauses to consider what this might mean.

1d20+5
[roll1]
I'll edit to put in her action once I see her initiative. It will probably just be a readied action or something.

dariathalon
2010-04-25, 02:49 PM
Solina

Ack! Something went wrong with the knowledge roll. I'll try that again and post the rest of her action here.
Knowledge: Religion [roll0]

Solina's hand grasps the holy symbol that hangs from her neck. She watches the others carefully, and if anyone makes a move to attack the one holding the girl, she'll let loose a lance of faith at them as well.

Readied action: Lance of Faith on the one holding the girl.
Triggering condition: An ally attacks him.
Attack roll: [roll1] vs. Reflex
If hit: radiant damage [roll2] and give the hobbit a +2 to hit him with his next attack roll against him.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-25, 02:56 PM
Religion Check: [roll0]
To recall information about Torog.

You know that Torog is the god of torture and the underdark.
He is called the king that craws because his legs were completely wrecked in a fight with his brother. He was banished to the depths of the underdark after loosening the fight and cannot get out.
A few demented cults now try to free the god of pain and extend his power. :smalleek:
25 xp for the good check :smallbiggrin: :smallwink: congrats.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-25, 02:59 PM
OOC: still in the game, at least for now. worst comes someone will play me.

Arguile Quickfox

The hobbit steps out of the shadow where he's been since arriving, waiting on reinforcements. he twirls a nasty looking dagger in one hand, and a nastier looking dagger in the other.

"Oy there! whomever you are! i see we meet a bunch of cowards this night of ours! didn't your mommy cuddle you enough? taking a helpless woman hostage? i've met crippled blind goblins with more courage than you have! why not try your hand at a real fight with those pretty chains? that is, if you haven't soiled your diapers yet!"

Arguile is weary of the poison, not exactly his strong suit, yet he isn't going to back down. he keeps himself at the ready.

Init: [roll0]
Arguile's going to ready action to throw a dagger at an unprepared man the moment the woman is out of the captors hands. if that counts them not acting yet, then i get my sneak attack.

Sly Flourish (dagger): [roll1] for damage: [roll2] +SA [roll3]

plus, knowledge check (appropriate) [roll4]
i hope that was clear enough.

So you sneak attack the thug with the barmaid?

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-25, 03:06 PM
The rogue's sneak attack leaves the thug reeling, long enough for the barmaid to escape the grab, and (with surprising force) knee the thug in the groin knocking him prone and dazing him. Thanks. she says and winks at Kane.

A'den
2010-04-25, 03:16 PM
Since Kane moved more than 3 squares he has Concealment from them because of his Shadow walk ability.

From the concealment of the darkness around him Kane moves around the back of the group and places his curse on the other two thugs. The curse has no noticeable affects until he applies his other dark arts.

Move: Around the back of the group.
Minor Action: Curse Thug
Minor Action: Curse Thug
Shadow-walk: Moved more than 3 squares has concealment.

dariathalon
2010-04-25, 03:18 PM
The rogue's sneak attack leaves the thug reeling, long enough for the barmaid to escape the grab, and (with surprising force) knee the thug in the groin knocking him prone and dazing him. Thanks. she says and winks at Kane.

(I believe this should have triggered Solina's readied action as well. Since Arguile attacked, she also attacks.)

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-25, 03:23 PM
Right, attack with you're lance of faith.

dariathalon
2010-04-25, 03:53 PM
(I already did make the roll and everything. I'm sure it was a miss, given the roll. It was in the second spoiler, but I just wanted to verify that it had gone off so Solina's init and things are affected correctly.)

mkfuba07
2010-04-25, 03:58 PM
OOC: Do we have an initiative order? I'm just wondering when I should attack, given that I rolled a four XD

King Tius
2010-04-25, 04:02 PM
Durvim charges into towards the closest thug, brandishing his battleaxe. If two are within cleaving distance, he aims for them

OOG: Can we get a battle map? 4e really needs maps.

Initiative: [roll0]
Cleave!
Attack: [roll1] vs AC
Damage: [roll2]
Adjacent Enemy takes 3 damage

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-25, 04:21 PM
The lance of faith misses. but the angry dwarf strikes one of the thugs with his axe cutting deep in to the cultist's shoulder and than cleaves into the injured one.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-25, 04:26 PM
OOC: Do we have an initiative order? I'm just wondering when I should attack, given that I rolled a four XD

The initiative is:
dwarf fighter
cultist (injured, almost bloodied)
the cultist duel-wielding chains
the cleric
cultist
the human warlock
the hobbit rogue
the wizard
cultist (barley injured)
the barmaid (injured, almost bloodied ,dazed)

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-25, 04:44 PM
The dazed, injured thug gets up as his action and than the chain bearer lashes out at kung-fu barmaid and *gulp :smalleek:* scoring 2 critical hits dropping her to *eek* 1 hp! and dazing her (save ends), she yells in agony.

dariathalon
2010-04-25, 06:39 PM
Solina

Solina lets out a short shriek as she sees what has happened to the barmaid. She makes her way down the stairs and over to the dazed woman. She soothes the barmaid with a few comforting words of prayer, hoping to help close her wounds.

Don't know if you wanted us to try to post in initiative order, so I'm just going ahead and posting. If enough changes before Solina's action, I might repost, but otherwise this will be what she does.

Move Action: Approach Barmaid
Standard Action: Healing Word power. She can spend a healing surge and regains an extra [roll0] hp beyond her normal healing surge value.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-25, 06:46 PM
The barmaid is no longer bloodied and has 16 hp, she is still dazed from the pain.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-25, 07:22 PM
The uninjured cultist attempts to stab the dwarf with the poison knife.
I assume 16 misses the fighter's ac?

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-25, 07:23 PM
Kane, you'r turn.

A'den
2010-04-25, 08:45 PM
Sorry about the delay was at a study hall.

Kane now positioned behind the group concealed in the shadows places his final curse on the chain wielding nut job of a woman. Now with all his foes cursed the darkness fades back from around him as he summoned dark and occult of energies. Pieces of black shadow formed around his arms like fangs of inky darkness the bar's flickering candles failed to penetrate the utter black the surrounded Kane's rage bitten face. Then all at once the fangs of darkness flashed out stabbing at every thug under his curse.

"Here is your death fools!" Kane roars as the necrotic black energies hurl around the room.

Minor Action: Curse Chain Wielding Cultist
Standard Action: Cursebite! (Close Burst 20 all affected by Curse)
Atk v. Fort: [roll0] [Female Cultist] (+4 CHA +1 Prime Shot)
Atk v. Fort: [roll1] [Male Cultist]
Atk v. Fort: [roll2] [Male Cultist]
Atk v. Fort: [roll3] [Male Cultist]

Dmg: [roll4] Necrotic + Warlocks Curse: [roll5] Arcane

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-25, 08:49 PM
They all hit. Huzaa!!! :belkar:

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-25, 08:51 PM
Just to keep it on each page:

The initiative is:
cultist :xykon:
dwarf fighter
cultist (bloodied)
the cultist duel-wielding chains (Injured)
the cleric
cultist
the human warlock
the hobbit rogue
the wizard
cultist (injured)
the barmaid (injured, almost bloodied ,dazed)

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-25, 09:13 PM
They all hit. Huzaa!!! :belkar:

Roll damage for the male cultists.

mkfuba07
2010-04-25, 09:17 PM
Damage from area attacks is the same for all in the blast.

A'den
2010-04-25, 09:36 PM
Yup Close Bursts are different attack rolls but same damage.

Page 271 PHB
Multiple Attack Rolls but One Damage Roll:
When you make a close attack, you make a separate
attack roll against each target in the area of effect,
but you make a single damage roll that affects all
the targets.

Kol Korran
2010-04-26, 12:49 AM
we REALY need a map! i have no idea where i am, the others, who can i hit without getting AoOs, who can i flank for sneak attacks and so on. or if i can reposition someone with my forces into the fire for example. as King Tius said- 4E really needs maps

Arguile Quickfox

the hobbit curses as the warlock unleashes his forces. Dark Magic! i should watch my back! before moving into action, moving swiftly across the ruined tavern, stabbing with a smile.

as to actions:

IF he can get into an advantageous position (combat advantage), possibly flanking with Durvim, without provoking attacks of opportunity, he does so and sneak attacks.

IF not, then he moves to the second most wounded cultist, and attack him with the dagger

in any case: Sly Flourish [roll0] (possibly +2 for CA?) for damage [roll1] with possible SA [roll2]

mkfuba07
2010-04-26, 01:17 AM
Warren reacts to the rogue's attack with power of his own. Unleashing the power he had been storing, the air around the Thug who had grabbed the barmaid was filled with daggers, slashing at his exposed skin, taking advantage of any weakness.

I made this attack role when I was unsure of the turn order. It's above, along with a damage roll.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-26, 07:05 PM
One of the cultists falls and the other 3 don't look happy.
The female cultist seems to be drinking in the pain, almost enjoying it!
The chain dancer laughs and says Our power is spreading already, soon the king that crawls will have a new torture den!

The Map :smallwink:

T=thug
C=chain dancer
W=warlock
R=rogue
M=wizard
F=fighter
P=cleric
B=barmaid

---------------------
---------------------
--W----T-B----C-----
-M-----R-T-F--------
---------------------
---C-----------------
---------------------

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-26, 08:08 PM
A cultist attempts to stab the dwarf but gets a 1.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-26, 08:12 PM
The dazed barmaid (who turns out to be a 1st level monk npc) attempts to kick the freaky female cultist in the face rolling a *drum-roll* 6!

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-26, 08:13 PM
It is now the dwarf's turn. :durkon:

King Tius
2010-04-26, 08:15 PM
So is it my turn? Here goes, one way or the other!

CLEAVE
Attack: vs AC
Damage: [roll]110+5
3 damage to adjacent thug

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-26, 08:32 PM
So is it my turn? Here goes, one way or the other!

CLEAVE
Attack: vs AC
Damage: [roll]110+5
3 damage to adjacent thug

You miss, seeing your weakness one of the thugs attacks you with his dagger.
Does 20 hit your AC?

King Tius
2010-04-26, 08:41 PM
Nope. AC of 21

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-26, 09:10 PM
Their female leader lashes out with both chains at the fighter (sorry King Tius, you attract the most attention) rolling a hit (22) and a miss (13).
You take 10 damage, you are dazed untill the end of your next turn, and the chain dancer shifts 1 space (see new map). :smalleek:

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-26, 09:14 PM
The cleric goes now.

dariathalon
2010-04-26, 09:34 PM
(Is it really? I posted what I thought would be my action for the round earlier, just a bit out of order since I didn't know if I'd be around when her turn came up. If Solina gets another action, she'll gladly take it, but I thought the healing word was going to be it. Let me know.

Also, your map key says P stands for the cleric, but you have 2 Cs and no P on the map. I'm assuming she's supposed to be one of the Cs, but which one?)

A'den
2010-04-26, 10:20 PM
The one on the bottom left I believe. I'm posting my action ahead of time since I have to hit the rack.

Kane sneers at the cultist taunt. The shadows around him wreath with power of death from the cultist that fell to his attack.

"You think you know power? You're just fodder, you think your god will grant you any power or save you now? There is nothing but death for you here and worse."

Kane extends his right arm and a blast of violet arcane energy streams out in a frothing beam at the Thug next to the Barmaid, empowered by his curse and the arcane reserves of his body. He dodges into the shadows again after unleashing his spell.

Standard Action: Eldritch Blast
Atk v REF: [roll0] Dmg: [roll1] + WC [roll2]
Move Action: Move three squares up and gain concealment from Shadowwalk.

Kol Korran
2010-04-27, 08:00 AM
@ dariathalon: the healing word allready affected the barmaid. she was healed. you do get a turn to act.
@ Josha: if you can put the changed map (and perhaps also initiative) on your posts every once in a while (at least at the beginning of each round) that would be great. can you name the thugs- thug1, thug 2 and so on? we can refer to them much easier then.
@ everyone: i suggest we use an "if.... then..." format for our actions, since we may post out of our order. for example- Kane might not have a target if Solina kills the thug first. so think of contingencies to actions if possible. at least thats what i think.
or we can wait for people to post in their turns. PbP is not expected to go fast.
just my suggestions.

Kol Korran
2010-04-27, 08:11 AM
Arguile Quickfox

The Hobbit, quick as a snake seem do be enjoying this battle immensely, whistling a happy tune to himself. "The courage of a goblin, and you fight like them too! i'll make sure you'll die like goblins as well! where is your Turkey god now?

an example of what i said by the "if... then..." format.
If the thug between Arguile and Durvim still stands then Arguile stabs at him.
he then shifts northwest to flank with the barmaid, or if that thug is done, he moves over to the northwest or north of the chain woman, if he can get there without provoking AoO
If the first thug is not standing, but the other thug is , then Arguil shifts northwest to get flanking, and attacks him. if he dies, then he moves to the woman as detailed.
if both thugs are done by arguile's turn, then he moves to the woman as detailed, and attacks her.

if anyone hits Arguile with a posioned weapon, Arguile uses his "second chance" power (forcing the enemy to reroll)

in case of attacking a thug: Sly flourish for [roll]1d4+8 damage and SA
in case of the woman (no flanking) Sly flourish [roll2] for [roll]1d4+8 damage

Kol Korran
2010-04-27, 08:12 AM
damage rolls for the previous posts didn't work. i'll use the same for either contingency [roll0]

King Tius
2010-04-27, 08:57 AM
OOG: As Kol Korran pointed out to me, my AC is actually 19. I forgot to click the "is heavy" button on the sheet so it was adding my dex to my AC. Whoops! I believe I should retroactively get hit by one of those previous attacks.

A'den
2010-04-27, 11:48 AM
OOC: Sorry thats what I meant. Anyways if Thug1 is down then target then Thug2 if Thug2 is down then target Chain Fighter.

mkfuba07
2010-04-27, 12:44 PM
The rogue and the fighter standing to either side of the thug brings a calm over Warren.
I have no chance of missing that guy, and he has no chance of coming to get me. Perfect situation.
He again summons the forces needed to create whirling daggers of force around the thug, although he is more calm this time, as he is safe from danger.
Standard: Cloud of Daggers vs. Reflex
Attack: [roll0] (+4 int., +2 Combat advantage (Distant Advantage))
Damage: [roll1] force damage, and the area is filled with spinning blades until the end of my next turn. They deal 4 damage to anyone beginning their turns there, or those who pass through that square (including allies).

Well that turned out horribly he thought to himself. At least I'll do some damage with the zone...

dariathalon
2010-04-27, 05:26 PM
Solina

Solina circles around the fight until she is just to the south of the thug that is surrounded by the Dwarf, the Hobbit, and the barmaid. "May as well make sure he doesn't get away," she says to herself. She calls into existence a shaft of bright white light that surrounds the foe, if he tries to make a move closer toward Solina, the light grows in intensity and danger.

Move: Circle around so she's directly south of the barmaid and thug.
Standard: Dire Radiance [roll0] vs. Fortitude
If hit he takes [roll1] radiant damage and he'll take an additional [roll2] damage if he moves any closer to Solina on his next turn.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-27, 07:49 PM
Solina

Solina circles around the fight until she is just to the south of the thug that is surrounded by the Dwarf, the Hobbit, and the barmaid. "May as well make sure he doesn't get away," she says to herself. She calls into existence a shaft of bright white light that surrounds the foe, if he tries to make a move closer toward Solina, the light grows in intensity and danger.

Move: Circle around so she's directly south of the barmaid and thug.
Standard: Dire Radiance [roll0] vs. Fortitude
If hit he takes [roll1] radiant damage and he'll take an additional [roll2] damage if he moves any closer to Solina on his next turn.

your attack hits dealing damage but the thug shows no signs of pain. :smalleek:

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-27, 07:51 PM
The rogue and the fighter standing to either side of the thug brings a calm over Warren.
I have no chance of missing that guy, and he has no chance of coming to get me. Perfect situation.
He again summons the forces needed to create whirling daggers of force around the thug, although he is more calm this time, as he is safe from danger.
Attack: [roll0] (+4 int., +2 Combat advantage (Distant Advantage))
Damage: [roll1] force damage, and the area is filled with spinning blades until the end of my next turn. They deal 4 damage to anyone beginning their turns there, or those who pass through that square (including allies).

Well that turned out horribly he thought to himself. At least I'll do some damage with the zone...

The magical blades tear at the cultist's skin drawing blood but the thug seems not to notice.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-27, 07:53 PM
OOG: As Kol Korran pointed out to me, my AC is actually 19. I forgot to click the "is heavy" button on the sheet so it was adding my dex to my AC. Whoops! I believe I should retroactively get hit by one of those previous attacks.

You take 9 damage and ongoing 5 poison damage (save ends)

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-27, 08:04 PM
The rogue's attack finishes the thug off, as he dies he says *Gurgle*, Torog will welcome me to... *gurgle*

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-27, 08:14 PM

T=thug
C=chain dancer
W=warlock
R=rogue
M=wizard
F=fighter
P=cleric
B=barmaid

---------------------
---------------------
--W----T---C-----B--
-M-----R---F--------
---------------------
---P-----------------
---------------------

The initiative is:
dwarf fighter
the cultist duel-wielding chains (bloodied)
the cleric
cultist
the human warlock
the hobbit rogue
the wizard
cultist (bloodied)
the barmaid (injured, almost bloodied)

The female cultist screams to the remaining thug Protect me, scum! and the cultist makes a stab at the rogue, missing with a 12 and the barmaid runs towards the chain-dancer taking an opportune attack from the thug which misses and than attacks the leader (rolling a critical fumble).

A'den
2010-04-27, 08:20 PM
So did my attack hit anyone?

King Tius
2010-04-27, 09:10 PM
Dazed but still in it, Durvim uses his encounter to wail on the chain-dancer.

Attack:
Damage: [roll1]
If hit, I let an ally shift two squares. Can that be the barmaid?

Save vs. Poison: [roll2] Dwarves get +5 vs. Poison
Save vs. Dazed: [roll]1d2-

King Tius
2010-04-27, 09:12 PM
Whoops, messed up the saving throw vs. the dazed: [roll0]

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-27, 09:18 PM
The one on the bottom left I believe. I'm posting my action ahead of time since I have to hit the rack.

Kane sneers at the cultist taunt. The shadows around him wreath with power of death from the cultist that fell to his attack.

"You think you know power? You're just fodder, you think your god will grant you any power or save you now? There is nothing but death for you here and worse."

Kane extends his right arm and a blast of violet arcane energy streams out in a frothing beam at the Thug next to the Barmaid, empowered by his curse and the arcane reserves of his body. He dodges into the shadows again after unleashing his spell.

Standard Action: Eldritch Blast
Atk v REF: [roll0] Dmg: [roll1] + WC [roll2]
Move Action: Move three squares up and gain concealment from Shadowwalk.

Ah, yes, I was having a hard time keeping track.
Kane badly injures (bloodies) a cultist.

King Tius
2010-04-27, 09:22 PM
I am at 7/31 and couldn't second wind because I am dazed. Heal plz?

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-27, 09:24 PM
Dazed but still in it, Durvim uses his encounter to wail on the chain-dancer.

Attack:
Damage: [roll1]
If hit, I let an ally shift two squares. Can that be the barmaid?

Save vs. Poison: [roll2] Dwarves get +5 vs. Poison
Save vs. Dazed: [roll]1d2-

Yes, you hit the chain dancer and the barmaid shifts 2 squares.
For flavor:
You strike the chain dancer in a deadly arc slashing her across the chest in a spray of blood. She is momentarily off balance allowing the ninja kung-fu barmaid to shift away.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-27, 09:36 PM
The bloodied chain woman shifts 4 spaces in a swinging, lashing dance of death. :belkar:

Making 2 attacks on the fighter and 2 on the rogue.
rolling 20 and 16 on the dwarf and 14 and 23 on the hobbit!

Ps. I'm soooooo sorry about this, I think I made the monster overpowered and she rolled high. :smallfrown:

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-27, 09:47 PM
The freaky cult lady says with sick a grin: All is going according to plan, Torog will once more arise to the astral sea and rule over the material plane! She continues to lash out her chains held tight in her bloody hands.

King Tius
2010-04-27, 10:30 PM
So, how much damage did we take?

Kol Korran
2010-04-28, 02:22 AM
one "hit" one the hobbit. he's using his Second Chance power- she needs to roll again.
@ Josha: there are 3 cultists in the initiative (including the woman) but only 2 on the map (i think we killed 2, so there should be 2 left)
- in the previous round Kane has moved further north if i get it right, Arguile has moved to the northwest, (so maybe not in her range?) and Solina a few squares under the thug.
- where is the chain wielding woman now?
- that last move reminds me of Shadar Kai

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-28, 06:07 PM
So, how much damage did we take?

How many hit you?

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-28, 06:10 PM
one "hit" one the hobbit. he's using his Second Chance power- she needs to roll again.
@ Josha: there are 3 cultists in the initiative (including the woman) but only 2 on the map (i think we killed 2, so there should be 2 left)
- in the previous round Kane has moved further north if i get it right, Arguile has moved to the northwest, (so maybe not in her range?) and Solina a few squares under the thug.
- where is the chain wielding woman now?
- that last move reminds me of Shadar Kai

The Human who just happens to fight like a Shadar Kai misses with the 2nd attack (7).

Ps. there are 2 on the map (T and C)

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-28, 06:23 PM
How many hit you?

1 hit, right?
If so you take 7 damage.

dariathalon
2010-04-28, 07:07 PM
Solina

Solina sees how badly the fighter is being beaten, and says a quick prayer that Pelor's restorative light would touch upon him.

Standard: using Healing Word. He may spend a healing surge to get back his normal value plus [roll0] extra hit points.

King Tius
2010-04-28, 09:02 PM
The hit drops me to 0 and the healing surge brings me to 11. I guess that means I am prone?

On his turn, since he is still dazed, Durvim's only action this round is to use his second wind (what a waste! I can usually use it as a minor!) and tries to un-daze and un-poison himself.

Save vs. Poison: [roll0]
Save vs. Daze: [roll1]

A'den
2010-04-28, 09:23 PM
Kane gathering more energy to himself unleashes another blast at the Cultist he just bloodied smelling an easy kill. He revels in the death about to landed on the man.

Standard Action: Eldritch Blast on Cultist Bloodied.
Atk V REF: [roll0] CHA
Dmg: [roll1] + [roll2] Curse (Arcane Damage)

Kol Korran
2010-04-29, 12:59 AM
There is still a cultist before Kane and Arguile. and Turvim's next action is in the next turn.

Arguile Quickfox
seeing the dwarf healed, Arguiel grinds his teeth. it will be his job to draw the Chain Dancer's attention. "Kill the other one!" Arguiel shouts to the others, as he darts to strike at the confident woman.

Still don't know where the chain dancer IS. if she's within 10 ft of him, Arguile shifts to her, if not, then he moves, drawing an AoO from the cultist (My AC is 22 against AoO, thanks to being a hobbit and artful dodger). upon reaching her, he uses:
Daily, Easy Target: [roll0] vs AC for [roll1] damage. but also-

Hit: and the target is slowed and grants combat advantage to you (save ends both).
Miss: Half damage, and the target grants combat advantage to you until the end of your next turn.

Arguile sinks the dagger into the Chain Dancer's knee. "lets see you dance now B***H!"

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-29, 06:46 PM
Kane gathering more energy to himself unleashes another blast at the Cultist he just bloodied smelling an easy kill. He revels in the death about to landed on the man.

Standard Action: Eldritch Blast on Cultist Bloodied.
Atk V REF: [roll0] CHA
Dmg: [roll1] + [roll2] Curse (Arcane Damage)

The attack misses. :smallfrown:

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-29, 07:10 PM
There is still a cultist before Kane and Arguile. and Turvim's next action is in the next turn.

Arguile Quickfox
seeing the dwarf healed, Arguiel grinds his teeth. it will be his job to draw the Chain Dancer's attention. "Kill the other one!" Arguiel shouts to the others, as he darts to strike at the confident woman.

Still don't know where the chain dancer IS. if she's within 10 ft of him, Arguile shifts to her, if not, then he moves, drawing an AoO from the cultist (My AC is 22 against AoO, thanks to being a hobbit and artful dodger). upon reaching her, he uses:
Daily, Easy Target: [roll0] vs AC for [roll1] damage. but also-

Arguile sinks the dagger into the Chain Dancer's knee. "lets see you dance now B***H!"

The chain dancer falls to her knees in weakness, bleeding baldly. The thug shifts away and lashes with the chain at the hobbit (rolling a 21).

Ps. The chain dancer is a C on the battlemap.

Kol Korran
2010-04-30, 10:26 AM

T=thug
C=chain dancer
W=warlock
R=rogue
M=wizard
F=fighter
P=cleric
B=barmaid

---------------------
---------------------
--W----T---C-----B--
-M-----R---F--------
---------------------
---C-----------------
---------------------

there are 2C on the mapt, we assume the lower left one is Solina. also , you said the chain dancer shifter 4 squares, but not to where she is. if she's by the thug for example, then the wizard might use scorchign burst, or he might not if i'm too close as well. i need to know id i can flank with someone, and so forth. we need to know locations. update the map please. (not trying to be a nag, but tact maps are importent for 4E)

The initiative is:

dwarf fighter
the cultist duel-wielding chains (bloodied)
the cleric
cultist ?
the human warlock
the hobbit rogue
the wizard
cultist (bloodied) ?
the barmaid (injured, almost bloodied)

which cultist is dead exactly?

The chain dancer falls to her knees in weakness, bleeding baldly. The thug shifts away and lashes with the chain at the hobbit (rolling a 21).

if that was the AoO, then he didn't hit me. if it was the attack on his turn (as i think it is), then he hit arguile (AC 17). how much damage, and what saves will i have to make? (if there's a second attack roll vs. fort, then my defense is 10.)

dariathalon
2010-04-30, 04:57 PM
Solina

I know I'm posting out of turn, but I'm going out of town for most of the weekend and I don't know if I'll get a chance to post. Here's what I plan for her to do, though if circumstance change enough to invalidate this, just have her do something that makes sense.

Solina steps back and moves around to gain a clear line of fire. She aims a bolt of holy flames at the chain dancer (or the other one if she's taken down.) "Things are going according to plan, if you planned to die at the hands of a greater god!" she calls out.

Move: Not sure where since the map hasn't been updated in awhile. Somewhere to get a clear shot anyway.
Standard: Sacred Flames [roll0] vs. Reflex
If it hits [roll1] radiant damage, and the dwarf gets his choice of another saving throw attempt or 3 temporary hit points.

mkfuba07
2010-04-30, 10:17 PM
Warren again summons a sweeping cloud of daggers, throwing them at the chain-dancer, hoping that this will be her last moment of life.
Attack: [roll0]

Kol Korran
2010-05-01, 07:47 AM
this is my last post before going to reserve service. my character already used it's daily, the encounter power is very situational, so feel free to mostly "Sly Flourish" Arguile's way through battle.
the character is here- Arguile Quickfox (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=201430)

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-05-01, 09:42 AM
Do you want to go knockout or kill for the chain dancer?

mkfuba07
2010-05-01, 10:42 AM
I'd like to knockout, if it actually hit her XD

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-05-01, 11:28 AM
The cleric's attack knocks out the chain dancer and the barmaid drop-kicks the remaining thug and he falls to the ground, dead.
Thank you. says the monk/barmaid Those cultists have been striking out of nowhere and and killing people, sometimes dragging them off to who knows where! :smalleek:

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-05-01, 11:30 AM
You all gain 100 xp, make perception checks to loot the bodies.

mkfuba07
2010-05-01, 05:56 PM

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-05-01, 06:05 PM

You find 20gp.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-05-03, 07:37 PM
Um, is anyone still interested?

Kol Korran
2010-05-08, 06:01 AM