PDA

View Full Version : [3.5]Equipment for a Debuffer

quiet1mi
2010-04-26, 10:20 AM
I built a level 12 character to act as a dragon for the BBEG, but outside the basic equipment of ability enhancers and a two handed bludgeoning weapon... I am not sure what to give him.

His name is Durrant... and he is the Darth Vader of my campaign...

Hexblade 4/ Monk 2/ Paladin of tyranny 3/ Blackguard 3

He doles out -12 to saves, -6 to attack, -6 to ability checks, -6 to skill checks, -4 to damage, and -2 to AC...

His stats are (unmodified): 14.12.14.10.12.16(19 from being level 12)
His feats are:

Power Attack
Imperious Command
Cleave
Improved Unarmed Strike
Stunning Fist
Combat reflexes
Improved Sunder
Brutal Strike
Combat Brute

His skills are pretty spread out but intimidate is always maximized at a +23 ... his other skills are mainly trained only ones, those that give him skill synergy and those that are opposed by ability or skill checks. He picked up the never outnumbered skill trick to handle swarms of good guys.

Because he lends such a huge penalty to saves and he has poison use, I was thinking about using effective poisons that "have" a low DC like drow knock out poison. In addition to using low level wands like color spray, charm person, and doom because adding 12 to the DC kinda makes it relevant...

The main thing to keep in mind is what is he vulnerable against... Anything with Save for partial or none does not effect him because of mettle and evasion. However spells like solid fog and wall of force do... I thought about having minions (Storm Troopers) harass the spell casters with readied actions and crossbows. I also though about using cheap items like tanglefoot bags, thunderstones, marbles and caltrops to keep the party off balanced [remember -8 to 12 to saves and -6 to skill/ability checks...]

What magical equipment would be best for this character?