PDA

View Full Version : The Engine begins to move

Lochar
2010-04-27, 08:01 PM
The town of Corpse Cove has seen it's fair number of odd days, considering it is a town of ghosts, that borders on a shadowland. Odd enough that it isn't built directly in the shadowland, but that would likely be because it would draw Shogunate attention and then they would have to put up with raids and attempts to destroy the link to Creation.

And really, it is almost a symbiotic one. The living of Creation mine the Windswept Mountains to the north, looking for jade, gold, and other precious ores. When they pass on, their ghosts end up in Corpse Cove, and they continue on with their choice of work. And both prosper, for there are the occasional ghosts that work with the living of Creation, and there are mortals that will brave the terrors of the Underworld image of the mountains for much rarer treasures than what Creation brings.

But today, it is not about the common, that which is mundane even in the Underworld.

Warrior:
It has been several hard days, following broken crevices and unseen paths, straining to hear a single whisper among many that might point the way to a haven. Or at least to a place that has something in the way of directions to a more interesting place. But you stand on the outskirts of the rather widespread town, coming from the north.

Carnifex and Savage Bow:
The directions given to you by Castil lead you to the town of Corpse Cove, where numerous miners, prospectors, and guides to the nearby mountains make their abode. Your mission here is one of fairly high importance to Castil. There has been rumor of a large cache of Underworld Jade that has taken root in a shadowland somewhere in the mountains. Due to the effects of the shadowland, the jade has taken on the qualities of both Creation's jade and the Underworld. Castil would like this jade brought back to him for study and possible use in an artifact he is working on.

Pinion:
Whispers of a different sort have led you here. Your dreams have led to a small town on the coast of the Sea of Shadows, speaking of great power and dark magics that can be unlocked here. Your ghostly retinue follow you obediently, hungry for the power you hold and the power you promise them.

Adjudicator:
You have actually been here in the town for a while, watching the ghosts of the Underworld meet and work with the people of Creation that will one day be citizens of death as well. Your work has been fairly fruitful, though you do not have any strong theories yet as to what makes these groups work together, when the rest of Creation is so antithetical to the Underworld.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2010-04-27, 08:14 PM
The footfalls of a massive obsidian automaton leave equally massive cracks in the frost that seems to cling to the north-lands of the Underworld all year round. Metallic moaning from said automaton rings out as it's master sits atop it's back and continually jabs at a batch of flesh deep in the cracks of it's armor, flesh implanted specifically for goading the beast if it ever loses it's most valuable obedience.

"It confounds me why this task could not be completed by a slave or even a wretched urchin in need of a coin. I could be working! This seems nothing but a waste of my skill!" He slams the chain-edged weapon into the armored carapace of the Titan he rides and it moans again. "This had best be worth it and as lacking in obstacles as possible." He sighs, his third arm reaching out from his black robes in order for the necrosurgeon to rest his chin upon it.

senrath
2010-04-27, 08:28 PM
The tall, thin figure with large black wings that was flying just above and behind the necrosurgeon shrugged. Or he tried to shrug anyway. It was rather hard to do when you had wings attached to your shoulders. "Castil obviously felt that this was an important enough task not to trust it to anyone else. Alternatively, he expects some form of heavy resistance. Either sounds plausible." As he spoke, Savage Bow of the Unwanted sped up a little, to get infront, and above, of the lumbering automaton.

Arcanoi
2010-04-27, 10:19 PM
Pinion could feel the promise of power surging behind her eyes. Her dreams had led her here, across a continent. The Engine was guiding her, she was sure. So she had taken a wing of her warriors and headed northwest. Even now, as she glanced back, she saw their hungry faces, eager for death and slaughter but tempered by their awe and fear of her. It was quite exhilarating, all told. She quite liked her jaunts across the Underworld, and though she also enjoyed tending to her flock, she had eventually decided that fluctuations from the norm were sweeter than a simply pleasurable norm. She found herself practically skipping down the road, wearing a face-devouring smile that might have been quite comely if it hadn't seemed so wrong.

Mountains grew on the horizon, and it took a great deal of self-control not to quicken her already brutal pace. Those were her destination, of that she was sure. She had Seen just those mountains in her dreams, and one of the many things that had changed since she had died was that in death, her dreams always came true. Great portents were forming, and the Maker's design was falling into place. The Gear was turning, the Engine was moving, and the world would shake at their deeds. She let out a sigh of contentment and threw her arms up behind her head. It was a wonderful time to be dead.

Drascin
2010-04-28, 01:00 PM
In the meantime, Ragara Nissyal walks along a dark alleyway, with that placid gliding step of his, smiling as he cleans off the blood and sheathes the sword again. This was a most interesting city. People here lived closer to the Underworld, the pacifying Essence of the world of ghosts neutralizing the harmful effects of Creation's Essence, but without some of the most problematic side effects in the Underworld from excess of stagnation. Mortals here were much more willing to understand that the other world isn't such a bad place, and the ghosts and the living worked together in the same crews.

Yes, to his eyes, this is a beautiful place.

"Here, sir" he says gently to the old, cowed figure, as he picks the small purse from the dead body of the would-be thief, not paying attention to the blood that trickles around the pebbles, and stains the tip of his rather white fingers. Then he heads off, melding with the shadows, and leaving a bewildered but grateful bussinessman behind.

After all, a good scientist takes care of his test subject while the experiment continues.

And so, the terrible Adjudicator simply continues his way towards his temporary abode. He had taken some notes today, and further study is necessary now...

Ellas Aramond
2010-04-28, 04:42 PM
"Let me tell you about the week I'm having. First one of my fellow Deathknights comes up to me with a job offer. Guard a caravan which just so happens to be carrying a bit of his necrotech. I was gonna get paid a lot for it, too. And by 'a lot' I mean enough to bump me up another dot in resources. Not that that matters anymore, because a group of crazies decided they wanted their hands on that tech. So instead of doing me a favor and just attacking the caravan, they opt to go right under my nose, and steal it. They didn't leave a trace either! So no tech, means no pay. So when I try to get back to that Deathknight, I must have been looking at the map backwards or something, and I end up spending days wandering through a frikken' mountain range! Days that I coulda spent, I dunno, trying to tan this pale skin of mine. So the last thing I need is some slimy innkeeper coming to offer me a room just because I look rich!"

Warrior stopped to take a deep breath. He had been told too many times that all this anger was bad for him. Then again, this was usually when he had a firewand to someone's head. Speaking of which...

'You know what? Since you've been such a good sport listening to my story, I'll let you go this time." With that, removed the barrel of his weapon from the man's forehead, allowing the man, scared out of his wits, and just happy he was still alive, to run back to his no-doubt fine establishment; leaving Warrior alone in the street with his thoughts, and several horrified onlookers.

"Then again, a place to stay for a few days wouldn't be all that bad." He he says to himself, walking after the man. "I should take him up on his offer."

My god, the guy's gonna have a heart attack this time. You're loving this aren't you?

"Well, of course."

Lochar
2010-04-28, 07:31 PM
Carnifex and Savage Bow:

The lumbering of the great mechanical beast shakes the ground and breaks through the thin layers of frost on the ground, which draws a fair bit of attention as a number of people on the outskirts of Corpse Cove begin to move out from the city to see the coming contraption and who it brings. Probably two dozen ghosts, mostly male, come out to greet the two travelers.

"Hello the beast!" one calls before it can get within easy trampling distance of the town. The man steps forward. At his side is a fair straight sword, though as a ghost, it would be entirely easy for either of you to take him. "What brings you here?"

Carnifex:

From your vantage point, you can see a rather large collection of war ghosts coming towards the town the eastern direction. It must be at least two hundred strong, to see it without difficulty at almost a mile away.

Pinion:

While coming from another direction, the Priestess and her followers move onto the town like an oncoming plague. A mass such as this is not easily dismissed, and she can see what appears to be a very quick gathering of more than fifty ghosts coming out of the town. Most of them hold pick axes and shovels, but appear to be well prepared to defend their town from invaders. "We'll not be taken easily!" one shouts as the crowd very quickly starts whipping itself into a mob.

If you're not careful, you're going to have a battle on your hands.

Nissyal:

The old man smiles a toothless smiles and takes the purse, jingling it. As you walk past, the old man kicks the quickly dissipating body of the destroyed ghost. "Serves ya right, ya stupid man. Maybe I'll rip you off when you reform."

Though as you walk through town, a cry is heard and you see a large number of ghosts running towards the eastern side of the town. One stops and grabs at your arm. "Someone comes with an army! You must help us!"

Warrior:

You hear a commotion coming from a fair distance away in another section of town, but can't make anything out about it. Entering the inn, the innkeep pales as he sees you, which is a fairly good trick for a dead man. "W.w.what can I do for you?" he gets out, his eyes on your firewand.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2010-04-28, 07:47 PM
The Carnifex pays no mind to the gaggle of onlookers that have amassed about his mechanical mount. His attention is focused almost exclusively on the army that marches toward them. Black, soulless eyes stare into the distance and just as black fingers tap the rest of the throne installed into the back of the clockwork monster. He speaks, never blinking or even turning toward the crowd, "It seems as though something here has caught the ire of a sizable force, considering your apparent populace..."

His gaze finally turns to the townsghosts, his stare even colder than their deathly flesh. He lurches forward in his seat, using his chain-bladed weapon to stand up like a deadly walking stick. "Your little wars and struggles are of little meaning to me. I've come here with a few specific goals in mind and I recommend for the sake of your own heads that you comply to your utmost capabilities." He spoke belying no fear of the ghostly army, but readying himself for any attack from any force.

Ellas Aramond
2010-04-28, 07:55 PM
"Huh, I knew I forgot something." He gives the firewand a curious glance before sticking it back in it's holster. It was a good thing he was fairly intimidating, otherwise he probably would have started trouble, walking around with a weapon in hand.

"Anyway, before we started with that whole gun thing, you were talking about offering me a room here for a couple of days, right? Well I changed my mind." the corner of his mouth curls upwards in a smile. He obviously thought his antics were amusing. "You've still got space here, right? I'm willing to pay. You've gotta do something about all that noise out there. It'll be impossible to get some proper rest with all that going on. Either that, or soundproof the room. How long would that kinda thing take, anyway?"

Arcanoi
2010-04-28, 09:15 PM
Pinion holds up a hand, motioning her flock to a halt, her smile never faltering. She is not afraid of violence, but would find slaughtering the entire town rather regrettable, at least before she knows what her dreams have led her here for. One of the basic tenets that has brought her thus far asserts itself. Wherever there are ghosts who are not members of her flock, there are potential members of her flock. She continues her whimsical stride alone, approaching the growing mob.

She throws Essence behind her words, because after all, she is right about this, and these ghosts need to see that, so they can be brought into the Maker's Design and the Core's Function. Elsewise, she would be left with little choice but to destroy them, something she would relish little and regret less.

"Oh, by the Maker's Grace." She makes a tsking sound. "We seem to have misunderstood each other, good townsghosts. Fear not. I come hear with no violence beholden. I am merely a traveler, spreading the word of the Core's grace to all who would listen. My flock is merely, rather..." She glances back to the wing of War Ghosts. "Zealous in their protection of my person. I give you my word of honor that they shall inflict no harm upon your homesteads." She stops and drops to a knee with an elaborate flourish, arms open in supplication. The twined gears on her galea begin to spin, seemingly of their own accord. "My name is Pinion, Chosen of the Core, and I merely come to deliver the Truth of the Core to you and your people, and deliver all souls into the embrace of the Maker. I mean only the best for all denizens of the Underworld."

Social attack to build an intimacy of respect/awe.

Rolling Charisma 5 + Presence 3 + 8 Dice from First Presence Excellency

[roll0]

Essence
Permanent ●●●●●
Personal 22/22
Peripheral 27/51 (16 Committed)

Drascin
2010-04-29, 05:09 AM
"My. Really?" Nissyal's smile doesn't flicker as he's grabbed by the ghost - nor does his expression at all, really. "Let us see this army, then". And with that, he simply follows the ghost with his slow strides.

senrath
2010-04-29, 09:04 AM
Savage simply held quiet as he hovered above the titan, deciding to let Carnifex handle the crowd. Let the man who had attracted the attention deal with it. And it wasn't like Savage was any good with people, so his helping would probably just mess something up.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2010-04-29, 06:01 PM
The curiosity of the Daybreak finally outmatched his patience for the crowd, and without so much as allowing them to answer his demand he took a chain in his hand, one connected directly to the underside of the metal behemoth and yanked it forcefully to the side to guide the monster. He turns toward the crowd and stares madly at them for a moment to shout, "Stay here, cretins! I will return shortly for your unswerving assistance."

With that, he is off. The five legs of the machine moving along the rough frost in a full gallop, one of his arms wrapped tightly around a soulsteel chain and the other gripping his weapon. Not held at the ready, but still available for any to see just looking at him. He stops before the ghostly army as he meets it and shouts out over the mass, his monster moans. "Which among you is the leader?"

Lochar
2010-04-30, 12:59 PM
Warrior:

The innkeep loses quite a bit of his fear once the firewand is put away, and answers you back once you finish. "Dunno about the noise, ain't usually that loud around here. But as for soundproofing, how soundproof do ya want it? I've got rooms you could blow something up in and no one would hear it, but those are expensive."

Pinion, Carnifex (And Savage Bow if he comes along):

The crowd seems to calm down at the dark priestess' words and is much less unruly and mobbish. But only for a moment, as a rather large mechanical creature comes stomping up, it's feet cracking the thin ground and leaving divots behind it. The man who addressed Pinion prior looks a little wide eyed as Carnifex addresses both crowds, before melting back into the crowd he came with.

The crowd that originally accosted Carnifex's beast follows behind, listening in as well.

Adjudicator:

You exit the town with the ghost, to find a small army starting to form outside of the town. At the edge of town is a small mob with mostly mining equipment. Across from them are several hundred war ghosts, led by a woman in long dark robes. And off to one side is another man riding a Yeddim sized mechanical beast with a smaller group of people behind him. A three way war, about to break out on the edge of the city?

Arcanoi
2010-04-30, 06:10 PM
The crowd quieted at her words, and her smile returned. But when she glanced up, they weren't even looking at her. She turned in the direction they were staring, and her eyes opened in slight surprise as a necrotech steed approached across the frost. Atop it sat a Powered-armor-clad figure on an... upholstered chair? She giggled slightly at that. As the steed closed, she realized that this figure could only be another abyssal. Her smile dimmed slightly. She'd found that other Chosen of the Core weren't so easily swayed as simple Hun, but she assumed that that would make the end result all the sweeter.

The steed ran at a strange five-legged gallop, rapidly closing the distance, and headed for the mass of her followers gathered along the road. She strode back along the road at an unhurried pace and approached as the man roared his question. "I would have that privilege and honor, brother!" She shouted jovially, waving an arm in casual greeting. "Command of these faithful falls to me, by the grace of Core and Engine." As she nears, she dips a slight curtsy with her robes. "It could only be the Maker's Design that brings together such an auspicious happenstance as two Core-Chosen in this remote town, no matter how strange its circumstances stand, no?"

senrath
2010-04-30, 06:20 PM
Savage Bow, tired of flying, set down just beside the titan that was his companion's mount. He stretched and groaned slightly, but otherwise remained quiet and vigilant.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2010-04-30, 08:00 PM
"Design is something that holds little sway over me, lest it's my own. I was attracted by a massive horde that seemed to approach a city where my bounty lady. Sacrificing that was out of the question..." He coughs, just a bit of ichor falling from between his teeth. "If you're nothing to quell then I might be on my way." He turns, not having noticed the crowd follow in the wake of his automaton. "Hn." He stands again, "Where is the nearest shadowland? One in the mountains."

Lochar
2010-04-30, 08:44 PM
One of the men that Carnifex looks at, before looking out at the crowd that Pinion has brought with her. "The closest shadowland is to the west of town. There's a few shadowlands in the mountains, but they're hard to find."

"Are you going to attack Creation?" Another man calls.

Arcanoi
2010-04-30, 10:13 PM
Pinion turned slightly pale at the man's casual blasphemy, a reaction that hardly seemed possible at first glance. Her smile turned into a small pout. But her thoughts shifted quickly, dancing back to the idea that the Design had brought them together, and as she saw yet another Chosen set down near the man's necrotech steed, the situation becoming even more improbable, she decided that even blasphemers and hubris-bloated fools had their place in His Design.

She deigned that perhaps it might be best to follow this man on whatever sort of quest he was currently on. But he seemed, rather disappointingly, to have a concrete goal in mind. No dreams had guided him here. But she knew that her dreams were only one vessel of the Core. She smiled again, all predator. Whatever this man intended, it could do naught but aid the Core. Fortune gave no boons to compare to those the Maker bestowed.

"Brothers! She called to the Necrosurgeon and his silent shadow, "I suspect the Maker means for me to aid you. I would pledge my swords to your cause if you would allow it. It saddens me that I had not thought to bring my full strength of arms, but nonetheless, I guarantee that you shall not find my aid insignificant."

Drascin
2010-05-01, 01:51 AM
"Ah, that is good to hear. It makes me happy to see that Corpse Cove is not facing an attack, but in fact is likely to enjoy the presence of more of the Chosen of the Maker" a soft voice says nearby. Indeed, the Adjudicator is walking slowly through the crowd, his black mantle gliding on the ground, and doesn't seem to have missed a word. But while his voice is soft and polite, and he seems genuinely genial, it's impossible to doubt that he would have killed the approaching force if it wasn't an ally.

As he approaches, the eerie smile not moving from his face, he does a perfect courteous bow - from one equal to others. "It is a pleasure to finally meet more Chosen. I am the Adjudicator of the Verdicts of Grief. Welcome to Corpse Cove"

Krimm_Blackleaf
2010-05-01, 09:42 PM
Carnifex stares at the man for an uncomfortable moment, his expression most impossible to decipher. "Yes." He then turns to the two other Abyssals, "If so then you'll have to ask another for payment. I am the one tasked with this, not retrieving it of my own accord. Assistance would indeed be most appreciated, however..." He ponders to himself, lackeys are indeed a most useful tool.

"I have not stopped moving in several days at least, though the trip was indeed to maddening that accurately grasping the time that passed would be impossible." He looks once again at the sickly ghost with the question, pointing a soulsteel finger. "You! Bring me to a place with a comfortable chair and a good view."

Lochar
2010-05-02, 09:00 AM
"What type of view ya looking for?" The ghost responds to Carnifex's question. Clearly, while they hold the Abyssals in high respect, they don't immediately assume that they are absolute rulers.

But before anyone can answer, there is a fairly large explosion that echos from the other side of the town, and the Abyssals can feel the essence of the underworld twisting as it asserts it's dominance over an invasion of the Essence of Creation.

Warrior:

Really, was it too much to ask? Just as you're about to get settled into your nice soundproof room, you realize you really should have tested it first. A rather large exploding sound penetrates the room as the building you see outside your window explodes as a lance of red fire strikes it's center, the Essence of a Creation born bleeding out of it.

While you know the direction it came from, you cannot see what fired it.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2010-05-02, 09:06 AM
The Carnifex lets out a breath of air from the crevice on his face where his nose had once been, the only sign of irritation he can show with so few facial muscles. "You are most fortunate, townsghosts. It seems I am now here to spill blood." He stares at the same ghost when his mount rears back slightly and he holds his goreripper at the ready. "The most expensive mansion, have it ready when we are finished." He then leaves without waiting for an answer, the stride of his clockwork steed at full gallop as he approaches the Creation-born essence infection.

Using Ravening Mouth of Melee before getting there. A mere 3m cost.

senrath
2010-05-02, 10:44 AM
Cursing under his breath, Savage unfurled his wings and took off towards the explosion, keeping pace with Carnifex. As he flew he drew upon the power of the Underworld flowing within him, performing the mental twist that would allow him to feed from a distance. In addition, he drew his bow and put a hand overtop of his quiver, ready to draw an arrow when needed.

Using Ravening Mouth of Archery, spending personal essence:
Personal: 15/18 (0 Committed)
Peripheral: 15/43 (28 Committed)

Arcanoi
2010-05-02, 12:48 PM
Pinion had long ago found that the thing she enjoyed most was being proved right. And indeed, she discerned, in a round-about sort of way, her ultimate goal was indeed to prove herself correct. When all Creation lay broken before her, none could deny the unimpeachable astuteness of her purpose and the glory of the Core, Maker, and Engine. So she was feeling rather acute joy when yet another Chosen stepped out of the crowd. Oh, how she enjoyed being right.

She was rather puzzled by the mounted warrior's seemingly nonsensical chair-lust, but she wrote it off as insignificant compared to his previous heresies. Men who could not see the Core's glory could not be expected to act with sensible motivations.

When the explosion rang echoed across the town, Pinion's heartbeat sped. Her companions took off for it's source, and she endeavored to join them.

"Do you not see, my children?" She calls to the assembled townsghosts, "The Core has sent us here in your hour of need! Give thanks to the Engine, for we shall drive His foes from your lands!" She takes a few steps towards her assembled host.

"Now, brave warriors of the Engine! All Glory to the Core! Forward the Vanguard of His Design! We march!" They fall into step with her, boots crumping in unison. Pinion grins, anticipating another furtherance of his Design. And the death of His enemies.

Despite her eagerness, an instinctual level of Pinion's mind deigns to to send out tendrils of essence in an attempt to locate the foe, and any other undeployed forces. As she does, her caste mark begins to blaze on her forehead.

Forming a Mass Combat unit with War Ghosts, Magnitude 4.

Using Allied in Hate Discernment, 1m

Essence
Personal 22/22
Peripheral 26/51 (16 Committed)

Ellas Aramond
2010-05-02, 01:11 PM
"An explosion?" Warrior asks the window, his hands already instinctively re-buckling his flamewand belt. "Why is there an explosion? There shouldn't be an explosion. I haven't done anything yet!"

With that, he leaps through the glass, ignoring the cuts the shattered pieces would have inflicted on him. Already, pieces of his bone armor were ripping through his pale skin when he landed on a rooftop across the street. He looks back and instantly regrets not opening the window. He'll probably have to pay for that. He'd worry about it later, though. There was trouble going down and he'd need to get involved. He drew his flamepieces knowing that if he didn't, whatever was in his head would start yelling at him to.

Spending 10m 1wp on Inauspicious Inner Aegis.

Essence
Personal: 16/16
Peripheral: 24/38
Committed: 14 (Bracers+Armor)

Willpower: 6/7

Lochar
2010-05-02, 07:39 PM
It takes but a moment for Pinion's followers to join together into a unit, having already been half way there already. But in that moment, the other Abyssals have already run towards the attack on the town.

Those moving quickly through the town spot on the other side of it a flash of red, but hear something else. "Gunzosha units, fan out! Rose take the lead. We're not to leave anything standing higher than the knee!"

From the sounds of it, there's at least eight people within range.

Warrior:

Exiting in the quickest manner available, you stand on the broken rubble of the destroyed building, looking back towards where the attack comes from. Beyond the edge of the town, a rather alarmingly large warstrider stands, a cannon attached to it's shoulder. Said warstrider appears to be made from red jade, and has at it's back the handle for some sort of daiklave.

But that isn't the problem at the moment. At the moment, the cannon is. Red energy pulls from the warstrider itself as it draws Creation's Essence from the warstrider pilot, priming another salvo.

Battle Joined!

0: Warrior
2: Pinion
4: Savage Bow
4: Carnifex
4: Adjudicator
6: Warstrider

Others will be added as they actually join battle.

A note to DCGFTW, since you're in a mass combat unit and no one else is. I'm not moving this into mass combat. If you keep your unit as it is, it will move every 10 x your combat ticks of standard time, but they'll all act as a combat unit like normal.

Additionally, you'll have to move into combat with the unit, since they're all outside of town, and most of the combat is inside of the town currently.

The town is approximately a mile around, so there's some distance to cover if anyone wants to go after the warstrider.

Ellas, the strider is about 150 yards away from you.

Ellas Aramond
2010-05-02, 11:36 PM
Spotting the Warstrider, Warrior glances at his weapons, clearly wishing they packed a little more punch. And didn't have to get so close to be effective. "Warstriders against a mining town? Seems like overkill.

Almost as if fate was giving him a better target, a gleam caught the corner of his eye. Turning to look, he spots three men in combat armor moving through the city, slaughtering all in their path. "Well, now that's just unfair. There's one of me, and only three of them. Meh, who am I not to take an advantage?"

Laughing, he runs after them. Better they attack him then any more of the villagers.

Moving so that the three commandos are within at least 30 yards of me.

Soak: 16L/19B
Hardness: 7L/7B
DDV: 7 (-1 mobility)
PDV: 6 (-1 mobility)

Health
-0 [ ][ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
X [ ]

Essence
Peripheral: 24/38

Active Charms: Inauspicious Inner Aegis

Lochar
2010-05-03, 12:03 AM
Warrior jumps from roof to roof, black steel guns catching the dark of the Underworld as he moves closer and closer to his quarry. Finally catching up to them, he sees one plant a a chopping sword directly through the neck of a man who held a mining pick to defend himself with.

Dropping to the ground from the building he stood upon, Warrior has only to wait for one of them to turn around to notice him.

Battle Joined!

2: Pinion
4: Adjudicator
5: Warrior
6: Gunzosha Units (Warrior)

Tick 2: Pinion

Drascin
2010-05-03, 12:47 PM
The Adjudicator, on his end, separates slightly from the group as he walks briskly towards the buildings - even now, the Adjudicator doesn't seem in a particular hurry, and his face has only turned into an ever-so-slight frown. Yes, the jade warstrider is a problem, but it's the gunzosha commandos that are killing innocent ghosts are every bit as much of one, as far as he's concerned - with the additional advantage that they're in the way anyway.

And so, as several of the men in armors turn a corner in pursuit of a group of fleeing ghosts, a big, cloaked black figure blocks their path, silent. He brandishing his strange metal staff-contraption as it does a distinctive vwooom sound and a red and golden field of energy covers the tip, marking it as some kind of lance - and his cloak flies away as four huge arms of shadow, brandishing weapons, sprout from his back menacingly like the wings of an angry god.

And after such a fearsome display, surrounded by glowing motes of black light, the man merely smiles - a smile that predicts death.

"I cannot allow you to go any further"

Spending 10 motes and 1 willpower to activate the four Arms, which do a Draw weapon action each, and the Eye of the Tempest Charm. Paying the activation of Corrector from the crystal.

Dodge DV : 1
Parry DV : 9

Soak: 21B/19L
Hardness: 11B/11L

Health
-0 [ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
X [ ]

Essence: 18 personal, 28 peripheral left.

Active Charms: Eye of the Tempest (Parry DV suffers no onslaught penalty for the whole scene; actions by the Adjudicator cause 1 less DV penalty each)

Arcanoi
2010-05-03, 08:02 PM
Pinion frowned slightly as she watched her companions vanish down streets and alleyways. A small part of her ached to follow, leading her flock in a charge down the streets towards the enemy, but a greater purpose asserted itself. She suspected that she held the largest force in the town, and a tactical auspice rang in the back of her mind, urging her to silence the enemy's artillery. Another frown, before she reminded herself of the glorious slaughter that was sure to unfold in the aftermath of her well-executed battle plan. And then she was shouting again, throwing orders to her force.

"Flanking the Vanguard Right!" She called as she reached the outskirts of the town, guiding her legion around the town to avoid marching directly down the streets and the inevitable disorder and confusion they would provoke. Another urge came, a subtle one, warning of the dangers of essence artillery.

"Open Ranks and Advance!" She called, her followers scrambling to assume a spread-out, skirmishing formation.

Marching around the town and assuming Skirmish Formation (DV -1).

Rolling Charisma + War + Specialties at Difficulty 1.

[roll0]

Dodge DV: 5 (+1 vs ranged attacks)(+1 due to Shields)
Parry DV: 2 (+2 due to CC Rating)(+1 due to Shields)

Soak: 1L/3B (+ 12L/11B/12A - Soulsteel Reinforced Breastplate)(+3L/3B/3A due to Unit Armor)
Hardness: 0L/0B (+9L/9B - Soulsteel Reinforced Breastplate)

Health
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]

Essence
Personal 22/22
Peripheral 26/51 (16 Committed)

War Ghosts in Mass Combat

Magnitude: 4

Drill: 3

Endurance: 6

Might: 2

Close Combat Rating: 3

Close Combat Damage: 3

Armor: 3

Mobility Penalty -4

Morale: 2

Have Target shields (+1 to DVs)

Lochar
2010-05-03, 08:20 PM
The war party of Pinion's ghostly army moves around the town, making quick time towards the other side and only takes moments to come within easy sight of the warstrider, having seen it's essence cannon blast once more, boring a deep hole into another building, shredding the entire side of the stone structure.

Tick 4:

Meanwhile, Adjudicator steps in front of two units in full gunzshou power armor, who look at him with heads cocked as he speaks to them. Ghostly ichor drips from the blade one holds. "You don't allow us anything, dead thing."

Each of the men begins to circle the Abyssal, looking for a hole in his defense.

Battle Joined!

7: Gunzosha Unit Alpha (Adjud)
8: Gunzosha Unit Beta (Adjud)
9: Adjudicator
18: Pinion
Tick 4: Savage Bow, Carnifex

Adjudicator:

Is there a reason you didn't take the free unexpected attack on one of them?

DV -1

senrath
2010-05-03, 08:46 PM
From his vantage point in the air, Savage easily spotted several of the enemy, all advancing upon a group of hapless citizens of the town. He didn't particularly care about the citizens, but as long as the town was under attack there was no way to complete the task that Castil gave him. And so, he swept his wings forwards, abruptly ceasing his forwards momentum and began to hover over his chosen target. Drawing a pair of broadhead arrows from his quiver, he fired them one after the other at his unsuspecting mark.

Savage is currently about 2 yards above the buildings.

Flurrying two attacks against whichever enemy was closest to Savage's starting location.

Speed 4, accuracy 17 (Dex + Archery + bow + hearthstone), Raw Damage 11L (ignore 2 soak), virtues drop by 1 per hit (min 1)
First attack: [roll0]
Second attack: [roll1]
Soak:14B/15L/13A
Hardness:3B/3L
DDV: 10 (-2 due to flurry)
PDV: 4 (-2 due to flurry)

Health Levels:
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
-X [ ]

Essence:
Personal: 15/18

Active Charms:
Ravening Mouth of Archery

Krimm_Blackleaf
2010-05-04, 08:44 PM
The magitech monstrosity plowed through dirty roads with next to no regard for anything that might be unwise enough to stand in his path. The red jade giant that stood before him was his target. His cold, deathly eyes locked on his prey, he could see the cold machinations of his plan in his head. This was simply another surgery.

The Titan barreled out of the street into the small village square where it stood, revealing his ebon form, his sword out. He looks as though he's ready to stop himself and have a duel between exalts, but assuming the Carnifex as honorable is clearly blind.

It collides hard with the form of the Jade Warstrider, it's back reared and it's legs forward as it attempts to plow into all the sensitive joints of the enemy armor. A deep, sick moaning of the soulsteel issues forth as magitech assaults magitech. When the white sparks rose from the union of the artifact metals and the struggle had begun, the Carnifex would enact the first step of his killing blow...

Arms reach out from his robe, two clinging to the metal plates and digging into the Jade as he makes his way to the cockpit. He peers into the grate that guarded the otherwise exposed face of the Terrestrial inside.
"Just another surgery."
He slammed the blade into the Jade shell, the teeth of the goreripper spinning and screaming as they attempted to bore through it. Black essence began to swell up around his form as he struck and the countless black claws of death essence shredded holes in the enemy.

The events of this tick do not occur until Tick 17, when the Titan reaches the Warstrider.

The Titan is first going to grapple the 'strider, then I'm going to try to punch a hole in the cockpit. I'm committing another 3m into my goreripper to make the chain spin, so now...

For as long as the wielder maintains this extra commitment, the base damage of the goreripper rises to +10L and it gains the overpowering tag, dealing a minimum of three damage. In addition, the when wielding an activate goreripper, the Exalt no longer needs to deal enough damage to have killed an enemy in order to inflict a crippling wound on them (see Exalted, page 152)–instead, he need only deal half that mount.
I'm also using Fault-Finding Scrutiny for the hole-punching.

Titan Grapple: [roll0]
Attack: [roll1]

Soak: 19B/18L
Hardness: 10B/9L
DDV: 5
PDV: 6

Health Levels:
-0 [ ][ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
X [ ]

Essence:
Permanent: 5
Personal: 21/21
Peripheral: 18/50
Committed: 29

Active Charms: Ravening Mouth of Melee

Lochar
2010-05-07, 05:35 AM
Arrows of black doom fall from the sky into the body of one of the gunzshoa men, and the man shows not a care in the world as his body falls to become just so much meat and armor.

The body is trampled by the charging clockwork steed as Carnifex ignores the people, his great metal beast pushing past everything as it moves through smaller houses on its way to the source of the blasts.

Bow:

1 die stunt, 2 motes.

Your Ravening mouth picked up 9 levels of damage, which includes taking the guy all the way through 4 dying levels if it is allowed to give you essence for that.

Battle Joined!

7: Gunzosha Unit Alpha (Adjud)
8: Gunzosha Unit Beta (Adjud)
9: Savage Bow
17: Carnifex

Tick 5: Warrior

Ellas Aramond
2010-05-07, 04:23 PM
"So someone seriously sent a bunch of losers in armor to take out a mining village!?" Warrior steps into view of the three of them, the black of his anima blazng around him "And then you need a warstrider to back you up? This is just sad! Hey, I'm talkin' at you! A shot rings out when the Abyssal notices they weren't paying attention, striking the closest one. "Your mother's president of my fan club! She wasn't that great!

Spending 5 peripheral to use Righteous Devil Form, marking the three units. Unless they spend one willpower each action, they have to confront me. Also, attacking the closest unit.

Speed 5, Damage +12L
[roll0]

DDV: 7 (-1 mobility, -1 attack, +2 if opponents valor is 3 or less)
PDV: 6 (-1 mobility, -1 attack, +2 if opponents valor is 3 or less)

Health
-0 [ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
X [ ]

Essence
Peripheral: 19/38

Active Charms: Inauspicious Inner Aegis, Righteous Devil Form

Lochar
2010-05-11, 09:54 PM
Black essence burns the air as Warrior's firewand bears against the armored man, but the jade armor absorbs it's fair share of the damage, leaving flames to force their way into cracks and joints. A faint smell of roasting flesh wafts from the man, reminding the ghosts of the Underworld of a funeral pyre.

One of the other armored figures turns, eyeslits blazing a pure white as an anima banner fans out around them, the blue of the northern Creation burning the dead northern land around them.

It only takes Warrior a moment to notice that this one has dropped the sword it carried, and instead pulls a chakram from a back mounted pack. Blue jade swirls as images of the chakram, pure essence, are thrown at the black anima. Womdio casually sidesteps the first piece of living Essence and hooks a foot into a nearby pot, tossing it in from of the second one. Even the despiable essence of Creation, however, is stronger than the grave goods which is in front of it, and is smashed as the spinning blade strikes true against the heavy armor, barely passing through it to taste dead skin and bone.

The other gunzosha troop does not deign to answer verbally to Warrior's challenge, instead only raising an arm towards the man. Licks of flame begin gathering at the tip of a lance, catching the eye of Warrior. Eyes widening, a rather heavy blow lands against a nearby wall, shattering it with stunning ease. The dust cloud kicked up around the Abyssal clouds the street as he evades the fiery lance that burns portions of the cloud away.

The final, wounded gunzosha shakes his head and moves away, secure in the fact that his companions will take care of the arrogant dead while he continues their mission.

Meanwhile, the two men circling the multi-armed Adjudicator nod to each other, their swords moving in tandem as they dart forward, clashing against the multiple drawn blades, but never manage to quite pierce the defensive screen that is given.

A blast of damage blows apart another building in the city as the warstrider on the outskirts of town ignores the charging Carnifex, so far.

Warrior:

1 die stunt, 2 motes.
2 die stunt, 4 motes or 1 wp.

You take 3 levels of lethal damage.

Battle Joined!

9: Savage Bow
10: Warrior
10: Gunzosha Air (Warrior)
11: Gunzosha Unit Gamma (Warrior)
12: Warstrider
12: Gunzosha Unit Alpha (Adjud)
12: Gunzosha Unit Beta (Adjud)

Tick 9: Savage Bow, Adjudicator

senrath
2010-05-11, 11:15 PM
Glancing around from his vantage point high above the battle, Savage sought his next target. After less than a second, he decided who was to die next. The fool wouldn't know what hit him, distracted as he was trying to break through the wall of a building. Forming arrows from pure essence, Savage snapped off two shots in quick succession at the target. As soon as the arrows flew from his bow, they gained an unearthly aura around them, Savage's essence further augmenting them. "Die." He muttered as he watched the arrows streak towards their target.

Changed to attacking the guy who's breaking through the building. Flurrying two attacks, using Target Arrows (+0L, Ignore half armor soak, rounded down) formed with Relic Arrow Method, and using the charm Splinter of the Void (Hundred Paces Bite). Spending from personal essence.

Speed 4, accuracy 17 (Dex + Archery + bow + hearthstone), Raw Damage 13L (ignore half soak + 2 more soak), virtues drop by 1 per hit (min 1)
First attack: 15
Second attack: 14 See OOC
DDV: 10 (-2 due to flurry)
PDV: 4 (-2 due to flurry)

Health Levels:
-0 [ ]
-2 [ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
-X [ ]

Essence:
Personal: 12/18

Active Charms:

Drascin
2010-05-14, 04:54 PM
As he parries effortlessly, the smile of the man in the black armor doesn't flicker. "Actually, I'm not dead" he says placidly. "I would hate to send you to your graves under mistaken assumptions".

Then, as the two men twirl around him in their dance of death, the shadow arms close on one like a deadly lotus, one, two, three strikes from all angles forcing him on the defensive... and then, fast as a snake, a slash of red light and black shadow goes for his chest as the Adjudicator stretches his arm in a brutal spear fleche.

First each weapon-wielding arm gets an attack as independent actions - not having any illusions that I'll hit with them, but each attack gives the man in the Gunzosha a cumulative -1 onslaught penalty, and they don't cause me DV penalties, so hey, why not. Since the swords are Exceptional with the 3 pluses to Speed, Accuracy, and Damage, they do 8L/2 damage plus any extra successes (yeah, right :smalltongue:)

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

...and then, for the finisher, I'll spend 6 motes in the first Melee excellency and strike once with Corrector, which also gives me a -1 DV penalty for attack, and is a Speed 5 Action, so while the arms would be able to act again on tick 12, I get pushed to tick 14 myself, so they wait. Not flurrying because I really want to make sure I actually hit.

[roll3]

End of Tick Status:

Dodge DV : 0
Parry DV : 8

Health
-0 [ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
X [ ]

Essence: 18 personal, 22 peripheral left.

Active Charms: Eye of the Tempest (Parry DV suffers no onslaught penalty for the whole scene; actions by the Adjudicator cause 1 less DV penalty each)

Lochar
2010-05-16, 09:19 AM
Savage Bow's first arrow flies straight and true, catching the gunzosha unit in the shoulder, spinning the fighter round as the arrow chews through his armor. However, he is spun enough to see the second arrow flying at him and raises a single hand towards it. From this distance, Bow cannot see what he does, but a dark aura flares up around him, and the unit catches the arrow, snapping it. The aura thickens and coalesces to a single point, before a jet of flame roars into the sky in response.

The distances involved seem to shrink to nothing to Savage Bow's reckoning, as flames pierce his own armor and skin, scorching skin.

Still below, Adjudicator's flurry of metal and laser death confuse and disorient one of his opponents and the beam of the lance splits right through the sword the gunzosha carries barely deflecting it at all, but forces it to pierce his thigh, leaving behind a smoking wound.

Savage Bow:

1 die stunt, 2 motes.
Ravening Mouth returns 8 motes to you.

Adjudicator:

Seriously. You don't have the combat stats down for your Dire Lance anywhere, not even in your character sheet. I defaulted you to Damage 1, plus your strength on it. Fix it.
1 die stunt, 2 motes.

Battle Joined!

10: Warrior
10: Gunzosha Air (Warrior)
11: Gunzosha Unit Gamma (Warrior)
12: Warstrider
12: Gunzosha Unit Alpha (Adjud)
12: Gunzosha Unit Beta (Adjud)
13: Savage Bow
14: Warrior

Tick 10: Warrior, Gunzosha Air

Ellas Aramond
2010-05-16, 09:07 PM
Warrior grins as he moves through the cloud of dust into the building, getting closer to the armored figures. It almost seemed typical that he ran into this type of situation after wandering around for days. Not that it was a bad thing. He had been getting bored.

"Well, now that I have your attention!" He calls out, moments before plowing another hole in the wall. As the new cloud of dust expands, he leaps out sideways, sending jets of fire out at his opponents, before hitting the ground, and rolling into an alleyway on the opposite side. Getting quickly to his feet, the grin re-appeared as he pointed his 'wands at the opening.

Spending 6 peripheral on Withering Feathered Maelstrom, giving me 3 attacks unaffected by multiple action penalties or rate. Targeting the flame lance wielding one with the first two shots, and Mr. Chakram with the third.

Speed 5, Damage +12L
Attack 1: [roll0]
Attack 2: [roll1]
Attack 3: [roll2]

DDV: 7 (-1 mobility, -1 attack, +2 if opponents valor is 3 or less)
PDV: 6 (-1 mobility, -1 attack, +2 if opponents valor is 3 or less)

Health
-0 [x][x]
-1 [x][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
X [ ]

Essence
Peripheral: 19/38
Committed: 4 (Bracers)

Ammo Count
Joanna: 3 shots remaining
Laura: 3 shots remaning

Active Charms: Inauspicious Inner Aegis, Righteous Devil Form

Lochar
2010-05-25, 05:42 AM
Two shots ring out in the dead city, and the gunzosha knows his mortal blade will do little to nothing against such dark flames. Instead he braces himself with his arms against the powerful flaring heat.

The gunzosha is engulfed by the flamewand's shots, and when the double ball of flame fades, the gunzosha is still there, still standing. But does not move. With a final creak, the armor falls, the man inside cooked to death.

Warrior doesn't bother watching the enemy fall, his firewand whipping around to shoot the other. Flames dance, and the chakram wielding fighter dances with them, in and out and negates most of the flame himself, but taking a bit of char.

In response, a single blade flies from his hand at Warrior, blue streaking the dead air, shattering the bricks that fill the air as a wild throw goes towards where the shots of fire rang out from, but flies wild.

Outside of Corpse Cove, the Warstrider finally pays attention to the charging great mechanical beast, and the red fires that light up the Underworld take aim at the mechanical behemoth. The Carnifex gazes at the oncoming magitech weaponry of the warstrider and spits at their infantile regard for the tool. His weapon lurches forward with grim, surgical precision in order to swipe the essence beam out of the air completely. His face is scarcely capable of scowling, but were there more muscles in his face, he most certainly would.

By some sheer force of will, the Carnifex manages to split the motonic forces of the beam, sheering off and redirecting a large portion of it. However, parrying a beam larger than he is himself is nigh impossible. But the impossible is common fare for the Champions of the Engine, the Great Maker. The little bits and pieces of the motonic beam of death that pass by the Carnifex are little more than the warming influence of a candle, and strike nothing.

The two men who fight the Adjudicator look at his blade with some hesitation, before the one with the shattered blade raises an arm, a lance sliding out of the armor, catching aflame. Both begin to circle the man once more, looking to combine their attacks and overwhelm the Abyssal.

Warrior:

1 die stunt, 2 motes

Carnifex:

2 die stunt, 4 motes or 1 WP.

Battle Joined!

13: Savage Bow
14: Warrior
14: Gunzosha Air (Warrior)
17: Gunzosha Unit Alpha (Adjud)
17: Gunzosha Unit Beta (Adjud)
18: Warstrider

Tick 13: Savage Bow

Tick 14: Warrior, Gunzosha Air

senrath
2010-05-26, 04:03 PM
Savage cursed as he spun in place to dodge the counter attack that was the result of his careless attack. He should've taken the time to aim properly, as his target had been completely unaware of his existence. No matter, what was done was done. And now he had an angry foe with ranged capabilities engaging him.

Drawing upon the twisted essence that flowed within him once more, Savage formed another pair of the thin-tipped target arrows. Taking less than a second to reorient himself for the attack, Savage knocked and fired both arrows at once, his irritation at failing to down his target properly getting in the way of his better judgment.

Since you didn't list any damage for me, I'm assuming that I managed to dodge that last attack. Lemme know if that assumption is incorrect. Flurrying two attacks again, forming two target arrows using Relic Arrow Method, no charms this time. Spending from personal.

Speed 4, accuracy 17 (Dex + Archery + bow + hearthstone), Raw Damage 13L (ignore half armor soak + 2 more soak), virtues drop by 1 per hit (min 1)(If Valor hits 1, target tries to flee)
First attack: [roll0]
Second attack: [roll1]
DDV: 10 (-2 due to flurry, so 8)
PDV: 4 (-2 due to flurry, so 2)

Health Levels:
-0 [ ]
-2 [ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
-X [ ]

Essence:
Personal: 16/18

Willpower: 6/6

Active Charms:

Drascin
2010-05-28, 08:35 AM
Tick 14

The black hooded man smiles even as the shadow and steel lotus around him keeps whirling, keeping the two men on their toes with terrific precision. "My. That is quite a neat trick. Is that a folding Fire Lance, or does your armor have access to Elsewhere storage?" If anything about the Adjudicator is offputting, is how even as the blades clash with the speed of snakes he's smiling and making small talk genially, acting more as if they were taking tea than anything.

"However..." he says, losing the smile a bit - and suddenly the three swords close in to the one that was already wounded like maws, aiming straight for the kill! This is followed closely by the Adjudicator himself, coming from below the man's guarding stance like a cobra and delivering a brutal upwards slash of Corrector that shines against the black of the shadow tentacles.

"...we will be able to talk further after I kill you. For now, please let me through" he finishes calmly, returning to his stance.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Then spending 6 more motes in First Melee Excellency [roll3]

EOT Status:
Dodge DV : 0
Parry DV : 8

Health
-0 [ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
X [ ]

Essence: 18 personal, 18 peripheral left.

Active Charms: Eye of the Tempest