PDA

View Full Version : A full moon rises...

Seffbasilisk
2010-04-28, 06:58 PM
At least for those in North America, on the East Coast.

So, here I am, living in New York, a few miles from NYC proper and the moon is full.

By all rights, this is the night when Lunacy runs high, and passions roar.

Yet, while I feel the stirring in the air, there's no outlet.

No target.

No destination.

Is it just to end in wanders? Or a sad reminisce, lit not by rose hues of flame, but by the monitor's flicker. Not exactly the idiot's lantern, but used in many degrees as such.

So, tell me. Playgrounders. What's your best full moon story? Where would you channel this eldrich hour, as the "moonlight shows us for who we really are."?

Eldrys
2010-04-28, 07:04 PM
I got a 3 crit in a row auto kill on the BBEG one full moon. It was AWESOME!:smalltongue:

Orzel
2010-04-28, 07:10 PM
If You hear about werebeast attacks in Brooklyn, it's not me.
I'm telling you the truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuth!

*cough*

Allergies. Twas a sneeze. Yeah, sneeze. Yeah.

Anyway...
First time I got lost in the woods was during a full moon.

*scurries off*

Graymayre
2010-04-28, 07:13 PM
I played D&D for the first time at Boy Scout Summer Camp on a full moon. One of the best experiences of my life.

Phase
2010-04-28, 07:17 PM
It is at full moon when I am at my most powerful, of course. I crushed the legions of the Mongols, I brought down the walls of Rome, I brought the tides crashing upon Atlantis.

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-04-28, 07:24 PM
It's a family joke that I'm a werewolf and seriously around full moons I do seem to be oddly energetic and get my five o clock shadow much earlier.

Either way I do love me a full moon

druid91
2010-04-28, 09:05 PM
I'm a bit more energetic during full moons , It just feels like there is less air in my way. I always figured it was a subconscious thing.

It's a family joke that I'm a werewolf and seriously around full moons I do seem to be oddly energetic and get my five o clock shadow much earlier.

Either way I do love me a full moon

Heh I was referred to as "the homeless werewolf" in high school because I wouldn't shave, got my hair cut infrequently, and dressed in a hoodie that looked like it was disintegrating off of me under a winter coat that was a couple inches too short. this mixed with my other nickname to become the Russian/French (depended on who was talking) werewolf.

Dori
2010-04-28, 09:09 PM
I love full moons. It's when I go hiking at night even though I'm no suppose to...>.> PLus whatever I do on a night of a full moon always go well.

the doomed one
2010-04-28, 09:10 PM
Well there was this one time I went walking out on the moors...
or maybe that was a dream
Other than that I am usually slightly more sleep deprived than normal.

Cealocanth
2010-04-28, 09:37 PM
I love the way the night glistens, how you can see everything even though it's nightime. This is the perfect time of the month to go out walking, or play games where you stalk each other, like Camo.

On a completely unrelated term, I noticed that you used the term lunacy in the first post. Was the pun intended? if you don't get the pun here's why I got it. Lunacy means to be a Lunatic, which is a word derived from Luna, our moon's name. THere are a couple people in history who called members of their society "Lunatics" (Erasmus Darwin to name one) because they studied/worshipped the moon.

Seffbasilisk
2010-04-29, 01:31 AM
Wasn't intended as a pun.

Lunacy is a form of madness linked to the moon. Some, myself included, can draw energy from it.

Thanatos 51-50
2010-04-29, 01:40 AM
Man, full moons are awesome. There's nothing better than walking stride fields, arm-in-arm with a beautiful, lovely woman, wearing a light, lacy, white dress and a choclate-brown ribbon in her deep red hair, as the full moon graces you with its light, the smell of grass and crops rises up around you, and you can hear the bubbling of the brook and the buzzing of the native night-life.
The experience would have been far, far better had the city lights not far off not been a total counterpoint to the mood.

Stadge
2010-04-29, 03:51 AM
My best full moon would probably have been the one over the UK last night. Sat on Castle Hill overlooking the town with the girl whose been going on late night walks and midnight picnics with me. Finally said how we feel. Turns out it's the same. So yeah, very nice, very lovely full moon for me last night :smallsmile:

I apologise if you gain a sense of how stupidly I've been grinning since last night, but I'm going to have to get the inane grinning out of my system before I can write this Brittonic history essay. Sorry guys.

Manga Shoggoth
2010-04-29, 06:39 AM
My best full moon was when I took my (then) 7-year-old daughter out to watch a full eclipse.

We watched the moon slowly changing colour as the shadow of the earth passed across it. Cass insisted on staying out until the moon was completely back again (although that may be due to staying up late rather than any scientific interest...).

Froogleyboy
2010-04-29, 06:40 PM
I love the full moons, They always make me . . . happy, I guess

thorgrim29
2010-04-29, 11:02 PM
Meh, the big whitish ball in the sky is slightly bigger.... No big deal. It is pretty, but other then that I've never bought the other stuff

skywalker
2010-04-29, 11:51 PM
Man, full moons are awesome. There's nothing better than walking stride fields, arm-in-arm with a beautiful, lovely woman, wearing a light, lacy, white dress and a choclate-brown ribbon in her deep red hair, as the full moon graces you with its light, the smell of grass and crops rises up around you, and you can hear the bubbling of the brook and the buzzing of the native night-life.

And what was she wearing?

rakkoon
2010-04-30, 04:08 AM
We had a LARP once during a lunar Exclipse, it gave birth to an avatar of Darkness who fffoompt two of our players. He was not cool. We moved out of the way quickly

Cobalt
2010-04-30, 02:56 PM
I loves me a full moon, but nothing overly interesting ever happens to me during one.

However, I did miss the blue moon, if that is somehow semi-related as the worst full moon I've ever had (if it was even full, which I don't know as I missed it.) Dang clouds covered the whole sky that night.

Thanatos 51-50
2010-04-30, 03:01 PM

And what was she wearing?

I believe I described it. White dress.

Heliomance
2010-04-30, 05:00 PM
I think you missed the joke. The way you originally phrased it was ambiguous, and could have been interpreted to mean that you were wearing the dress. Skywalker chose to interpret it thus.

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2010-04-30, 06:25 PM
To be fair, I initially read it thus. :smalltongue:

Kneenibble
2010-05-01, 01:10 PM
I saw the best full moon possible from a plane window over the Indian Ocean. We were above the cloud line and flying beside an enormous pillar of cumulonimbus lighting itself up from within with violet lightning. The full moon was shining bright blue beside it. Unbelievable.

Thanatos 51-50
2010-05-01, 01:29 PM
I think you missed the joke. The way you originally phrased it was ambiguous, and could have been interpreted to mean that you were wearing the dress. Skywalker chose to interpret it thus.

You're absolutely correct. How silly of me to use the feminine pronoun "her".

Kneenibble
2010-05-01, 01:37 PM
I thought it was funny.

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2010-05-01, 02:58 PM
You're absolutely correct. How silly of me to use the feminine pronoun "her".

There's the ambiguity; now accept that it's funny and get over yourself. :smalltongue:

Innis Cabal
2010-05-01, 03:05 PM
He just needs to remove the , and it'll be ok.