PDA

View Full Version : Scum & Villainy IC

tynger1234
2010-05-01, 12:53 PM
A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...

The empire has just risen to power, Chancellor Palpatine has now overthrown the jedi order and the republic to form his new GALACTIC EMPIRE. With the newly annointed apprentice DARTH VADER at his side hunting the last of the jedi order, the galaxy has fallen to dark times. The only systems within even a hope of safety from the Empire are those of the outer rim.

Nar-Shadda, a bleak and grimey world deep in the Hutt space, now houses one of the only hopes the galaxy has for a strike at the Empire.

All of you have been recently working for the same person for some time now. Your boss has now secretly called all of you for a meeting in his hideout under the cantina named "The Lucky Shot" in sector Beta-62. None of you have ever met face to face with your employer so some of you may seem ecstatic about your confrontation.

I'm asking for what you guys are going to be doing now. i.e. showing up on time waiting for your boss, ignoring the invite, wait outside to see if a gun-fight breaks out, etc...

I also wish for you to describe your characters if you want.

Tyrael
2010-05-01, 02:48 PM
A hunched figure plods his way through the alleys of Nar Shaddaa. A long coat billows in his footsteps, and he lurches to one side as a Devaronian beggar holds out his hands in mute plea. The figure irritably knocks his hands away and steps towards the entrance of the brightly-lit hovel, lit by a neon sign that reads "Lucky Shot" and flashes erratically in the gloom. The sounds of low conversation and a reedy, wailing musical riff drifts into the cold night air.

The figure slouches his way inside, ducking through the entryway to find himself in yet another seedy tavern cantina, one of millions on this urban cityscape of a planet. Aliens and humans of all shapes and sizes mumble and mingle around in various states fo intoxication, and the Rodian who just stepped inside looks eager to join them. Occasional swishes of his long coat reveal an extremely ugly-looking, heavily-customized blaster pistol that's more akin to a handheld cannon strapped to his hip. A jetpack is harnessed to his back over his trenchcoat, and his left hand is dark as if he's wearing a glove over it.

Seerow slouches over to the bar. <Chut chut, kavaa bedwana yocola,> he orders in Huttese.

The bartender glances over and raises an eyebrow. <Eh, tagwa,> he replies dismissively in return as he sets a glass underneath one of the spigots. <Chuba murishani?>

Seerow eyes him suspiciously, his hand inching a bit towards his pistol. <Uba,> he assents cautiously.

The bartenter raises his hands defensively. <Chess ko, chess ko,> he snorts indignantly. <Poonoo dee boonkee backa. Pagwa crispo, mo chinka ov creeta.>

Seerow rolls his eyes, but nods and heads around behind the bar. Ducking through the door to the kitchen, he slips through a door to a supply closet, and then heads down the stairs concealed inside it to find himself in a dimly-lit conference room underground, lit by a glowlamp on the table.

Drumming his long, suction-tipped fingers, he sits down and waits uneasily.

Loose translation from this (http://www.completewermosguide.com/huttdictionary.html):

"Hey, I want a drink."

"Yeah, sure. You a bounty hunter?"

"Yeah."

"Careful, careful. Take your business around in the back. Don't kill anyone or I'll charge it to your tab."

russdm
2010-05-01, 03:48 PM
Baj walked through the streets of Nar Shaddaa. People shied away from him as he walked with deadly purpose. He arrived at his destination.

Inside, Baj went to the meeting room. There he found another inside. He greets the rodian in Basic. "Yo."

Baj then went to a seat and sat down, waiting for the rest to show up.

As he sat, he remembered everything the iniquistorious had told him.

Tydorei
2010-05-01, 05:34 PM
Sitting at one end of the bar of The Lucky Shot was a lithe, tanned skined, twi'lek. She wore a skintight blue and black shadowsuit that would have attracted to many eyes if it weren't for the black jacket she wore. The twi'lek was nursing the remains of a green drink as she observered the patrans in the establishment... one of which made eye contact with her. A faint smile appeared on her face as the human male approached and when he got in ranged she asked him in a playful tone, "Can I help ya with something?"

"Sweetie, I was just about to ask ya the same thang. You see, I notice you've been sitting here alone for some time and thought ya could use some company." He said with a greasy, yet sauve voice as he ordered them two shots.

"Oh, how sweet of you." She smiled at the man as she gave him a look over. He was weaselly looking man, but not exactly the weak sort... he probably had an interesting story or two to tell and he was handsome enough. "I'll have to take a raincheck though." She turned in the bar stool so that she was facing the man and leaned back, placing her elbows on the bar. Th act pulled back her jacket some, giving the man a better view of her assets... particularly her two pistols and other equipment. "As you see, I'm here on bussiness." With that said, she finished her green drink and stood. "Thanks for the drink." She added as she picked up the shot and headed to the back.

As she entered the room she noted the gruff and thin rodian, who had ordered a drink at the bar but left before receiving it. Sitting not to far from him was stern and stiff zabrak. As she walked past the rodian she sat her shot glass infront of him. "I believe this was yours." she said plainly as she continued past, taking a seat at the center of the table.

Tyrael
2010-05-01, 05:51 PM
The Rodian's eyes widen appreciatively at the Twi'lek's considerable assets in her skintight jumpsuit. "Why thank you," he comments dryly in Basic as he takes a swig. "You're something else, lady. Your gear says 'merc', but your actions and your body say 'waitress'. What's your schtick?"

Eternal Kanus
2010-05-01, 06:04 PM
For some time a droid had been waiting in a dark corner of The Lucky Shot. It was a filthy thing, looking like it hadn't been cleaned in years. This was intentional. His natural appearance was sleek chrome, and appearing excessively shiny is not the safest thing to do in the darker parts of Nar Shaddaa. While he waited he remained intensely focused on the entrance to the back room. After the first few entered without sound of gunfire, RN decided it was safe and entered himself, keeping to the side and watching the interaction of the others.

Rane126
2010-05-02, 12:36 AM
Rhys

Rhys responds to the employers instructions to meet. He's not overly happy about it though. Generally, as a killer, it's best not to meet face to face but he was emphatic this time. Rhys slinks along the street, seeming to slip from shadow to shadow without conscious thought. Catching a glimpse of him as he crosses a pool of light in the dingy alleys, an observer would see an unkempt human with several days growth of dark stubble on his cheeks and chin, shaggy mid length dark hair. He's dressed in close fitting dark clothes covered by a loose hooded poncho-like item. He carries a plastoid hard-case slung over one shoulder but no weapons are apparent.

Arriving at the "Lucky Shot" he reflects on what a ridiculous name for a bar it is, there's no such thing as a lucky shot, only a well planned shot. Rhys snorts in derision at the devronian beggar outside the door, making a quick move towards him threatening a kick, then laughing as the beggar retreats quickly. He pushes the door open and steps into the muggy atmosphere inside.

Twisting his way through the mingling crowd he pauses at the bar, speaking quietly to the bartender, at a nod towards the backdoor he turns and slips into the kitchen and then through the cupboard to the hidden stairs. He slips into the room closing the door behind him. He scans the room quickly, taking in a nervous looking rodian, the lithe twi'lek, a zabrak and a droid. He grunts a non committal greeting that needs no language and takes a seat in the corner.

Tichrondrius
2010-05-02, 02:02 PM
Toombs

"Oh, mercy me." Toombs said loudly as he stretched and walked into that old dingy bar called "The Lucky Shot". "That could almost be another nickname of mine." He mused as he lifted up on his feet to kind of tip the sign with his hand. "But it ain't luck, little lady, it's skill." The man said to random girl sitting with others at a table, giving her a friendly wink with the eye that wasn't covered.

Hearts had an unsteady gait, like he was semi-drunk already, as he stumbled up to the bar. That heart eye-patch still covered his damaged socket, and his clothes were neatly cleaned and pressed, almost too good for a mercenary/smuggler. He leaned up against the bar and took a glance towards the back where he spots Rhys heading to the back, which caused him to thumb his nose at the barkeep and follow.

"This seems to be where all the killin' types are hanging out, ain't that right, y'all?" He said loudly, almost bragging, as he entered the little cubbyhole in the back. He was a little excited to finally meet his employer. The Thief did like to see eye to eye with who he was working for, so to speak. "You guys are way too serious- dark dangerous meeting in the back of some seedy tavern. JEE-zey." He emphasied as he pulled out a chair and spun it around, sitting in it backwards. When he noticed Mikiri Mugen, an incredible looking Twi'lek and seemed to shift his entire focus to her.

"Well, hello there." Hearts said suavely, his entire voice seeming to change to a more pleasent tone. "I don't believe we've been introduced properly. You're quite a beautiful sample of Twi'Lek delights, aren't you, miss..?"

Gourtox
2010-05-02, 04:23 PM
Denas

Well here we go. He thought as he enterd the "Lucky Shot". Denas fit right in with his slightly fancy smuggler style clothing. He walked with a slight lean on his right side that showed off the DT-12 on his hip. Of course many of his weapons were hidden, but the blaster was a deterrent for most people.

He saw a man known as Hearts walking towards the back. Well I think I know what he's here for. He followed Hearts to back and sat down beside the Twi'lek. "Well you seem to be the center of attention in this little meeting and have seemed to have enchanted this man here. Of course I'm sure thats nothing new to you." He observes the rest of the room as he talks.

russdm
2010-05-02, 04:39 PM
Baj watched the interplay between the Twi'lek and the other two without comment. He found it amusing.

He looked over the newcomers, trying to see if any of them appeared to be someone he should be concerned with.

Tydorei
2010-05-02, 05:26 PM
The twi'lek almost scoffed as the rodian made his comment, but put on a smile anyway. "It's quite simple really. I was heading back here anyway and thougt I'd bring a forgetful boy his cup." Before she could say more however others started to arrive. The second most recent one she figured fancied himself a funny guy... with a cute eyepatch. She laughed lightly as he approached, asking her name. "I thought in proper introductions one gave their name before getting any." Then as the lastest made his own comment she replied sardonically, "An all to familar effect of being a rare woman in a room full of guys."

tynger1234
2010-05-02, 05:49 PM
During your conversations the door opposite to the one all of you had entered slides open. Out of the door pops a slightly above average looking rodian, he has blue skin and walks like he is trying to show something off. He is wearing a black skin-tight sleeveless shirt, two large gauntlets on his hands one of which looks to be a computer. On his back is a jetpack and at his side is a very large blaster pistol.
"Sorry I'm late everybody, I just thought i'd take a quick drink before I came."
He looks around the room and at everyone in it almost seeming a bit disappointed in what he is gazing at. He takes a seat at the head of the table, puts his feet up and says...
"Happy that most of you decided to turn up..."

Tyrael
2010-05-02, 05:52 PM
Soured of his own attempts to woo her, the Rodian scowls at the Twi'lek and gulps his drink bad-temperedly, but looks up as the door slides open. Seerow nods to the other Rodian guardedly. "Did you call us here?" he asks without preamble.

tynger1234
2010-05-02, 06:05 PM
The Rodian across the table looks at Seerow almost sarcastically.
"Yes, I did call you all here. The reason why is because I was looking for some of best employees to come with me off planet. The business that I have involves a hutt that a few of my old friends I used to have ... relations with early in the clone wars."
He pauses to see anyone's reaction to this.

Tyrael
2010-05-02, 07:55 PM
Seerow folds his arms and keeps his expression carefully neutral, waiting to hear the full tale before asking any questions.

Bowerbird
2010-05-03, 01:00 AM
The door to the meeting room opens once more to reveal an attractive Falleen in a long black coat, his hair in an intricate braid, he looks around the room with an air of aloofness, "So sorry, I do hope I'm not too late," he says in a tone indicating that it matters little to him if he was. He steps to one side of the door to allow a matte black Clone Wars era Battle droid to enter the room, he says something to the droid and points to an unused corner before sitting elegantly on a spare seat, "Please, go on," he says indicating to the Rodian who had been speaking. The droid walks stiffly to the indicated corner and stands alert.

Tyrael
2010-05-03, 01:09 AM
Seerow eyes the battle droid scornfully. What a hunk of junk. He didn't know who the man had paid off to resurrect that old scrap heap, but a man with that many credits probably had stuffed it with more secret weapons and systems than a black-market assassin droid. Interesting.

Rane126
2010-05-03, 01:29 AM
Ryhs

Rhys doesn't have to try not to react to the blue rodians' name dropping. He doesn't care, as long as there's payment, he'll put a round through anyone's cranium. He remains silently sitting in the corner watching.

russdm
2010-05-03, 12:47 PM
Baj took a greater interest in the new rodian, though he hid it carefully and didn't show it. This is what the Inquistorious wanted, information. He waited to see what he could hear.

Tichrondrius
2010-05-03, 01:20 PM
Toombs

"You mean the wrong side, huh." Hearts said as he checked out his fingernails. He looks over as the last straggler enters, and scoffs. "A Hutt and a Falleen? You really did scrape the barrel for scum."

Eternal Kanus
2010-05-03, 02:38 PM
RN77 processed the information before noticing the newcomer. Another droid. Moreover, due to its model it would be highly noticeable to anyone with a cursory knowledge of droids or history. RN scoffed internally before turning to the Rodian in charge.

"I assume that there is to this than a simple removal? You would not require so many to remove a lone hutt as a factor in any future dealings."

tynger1234
2010-05-03, 02:48 PM
Looking at the droid, he nods and says "Yes it most definitly is, but to catch up the tardy one..." The Rodian continues, but before he speaks he gets out of chair and starts pacing around the room. Every time he looks at a new person it seems like he is looking for hints about concealed weapons.
"I got into some trouble with this hutt named Demma on Rodia back in the clone wars. I finally found out where his base of operations was on Nal Hutta and I need some back-up in finally getting rid of him. The pay for this job is based off of how much we are able to get for this guy's bounty. He is smart though, he leaves his home when even the slightest mishap happens to one of his employees."
He pauses for a moment to gauge anyones interest in the job. "Any questions so far?" He stops walking and looks in the general direction of the group.

Rane126
2010-05-03, 02:55 PM
Rhys

"This job is to take down a hutt, here on Nar Shadda? Is that sensible, I mean, won't the rest of the hutts get unsettled when one of their own is eliminated? Unsettled hutts are bad for one's health, although it makes for good business I suppose. Do hutt even put bounties out on other hutts or is that one of the 'ruling class' no-nos?"

tynger1234
2010-05-03, 03:10 PM
He chukles at Rhys' comment. "The bounty was'nt posted by a hutt. It was posted by an old friend of mine. Matters like this are the only things we really talk about these days." He takes another pause, looking like he reminicing about his earlier life. "Anyway to answer the rest of your question. No, killing this hutt wont be seen as a negative action. Every hutt in the area sees him as competition. Demma is even sleezier than most hutts... Anymore questions?"

Tyrael
2010-05-03, 03:12 PM
"Nar Shaddaa's a little close to home to be Hunting on Hutts," Seerow adds. "Nal Hutta's right next door. The pay had better be really good. Hutts are quick to make grudges and slow to lose them. I'm not keen on finding myself on the wrong end of a Hutt gang of thugs, even if he is disliked. Sounds to me like he's got powerful friends."

tynger1234
2010-05-03, 04:14 PM
The rodian takes a scrap piece of paper and a pen out of pocket and writes something down on it. He folds the paper in half and slides it across the table to Seerow."I think you can be the judge on how much this one hutt is worth to my benefactor.":smallamused:

OOC: I'll send you what the paper says in a pm

Tichrondrius
2010-05-03, 05:01 PM
Toombs

Hearts continues to clean his nails, before rubbing them against his shirt. He doesn't even look up from his work, just sort of raises his voice. "Yeah, whats to stop us from going to the Hutts and telling them about this little assassination? Maybe we could stand to make as much and not have Hutts breathing down our necks." He blew on his fingernails. "Win win.. well, maybe for us, maybe not you."

Hearts leaned back a little, placing his hand near what was obviously where he kept his gun. "So, why don't you really try hard to make it worth our while."

Eternal Kanus
2010-05-03, 06:00 PM
RN turns to the human making the threat. "Such words are a poor idea. You are assuming that the others in here all agree with you and have no reason to interfere. Moreover, any belief that Demma would reward us for this information is likely unfounded, as you have no proof in the matter. At this point I would suggest apologizing to our contact and hoping he does not set the rest of us on you as a show of loyalty."

Tyrael
2010-05-03, 06:19 PM
Seerow glances at the paper, pauses for a moment, and then tosses it aside onto the table with a snort. "With that kind of money involved, I'm not about to go around asking unhealthy questions, but I'm also not going to vape a loudmouth on your say-so."

He eyes the other Rodian. "I'm in."

Rane126
2010-05-03, 06:36 PM
Rhys

"As long as it pays well, I'm in. Taking down a hutt might allows us to up our basic fee, on the basis that we got it done." Rhys looks at Seerow for confirmation that the pay is indeed good enough.

Tyrael
2010-05-03, 06:50 PM
Seerow jerks his head towards the paper on the table.

((I deleted the PM, so I'll let the GM repost it))

Tydorei
2010-05-03, 06:57 PM
"Loyalty!?" The tan skinned said with a confused laugh at the droids words. "Only two thing moves my hand now. One of them's credits and the other ain't loyalty. So, would you rodians like to tell the rest of us the bounty and stop with the delays?" As if on que Seerow throws the piece of scarp paper on the table that the contact slid to him and stated that he was in, more words. The twi'lek immediately snatches it off the table before anyone else can and reads it.

tynger1234
2010-05-03, 07:03 PM
the rodian looks at the twi'lek as she snatches the paper. After she reads it, he says aloud to everyone. ""is that enough creds to give me atleast some of your loyalty? or will I have to persuade my rich friend for more?"

Bowerbird
2010-05-03, 07:06 PM
The Falleen remains seated, an unreadable expression on his face, seemingly waiting for the others questions to be resolved.

Tichrondrius
2010-05-03, 07:32 PM
Toombs

"Yeah, I'm with the Twi'Lek, and not just because shes prettier to look at." Hearts say, putting his hands behind his head. "What, you're not in this for the money tincan? Why wouldn't you agree with me if the money was better on the other side of the fence, the thrill of the hunt or something? Were you built stupid or did you work on it?"

The man chuckled to himself and dusted off jacket.

"What do you think, gorgeous, that enough credits to satisfy?" He asked, cocking his head over at Mikiri.

Tydorei
2010-05-03, 08:26 PM
The twi'lek let out a whistle when she seen the amount. Then with a pleased, semi goofy grin, she looked at Hearts saying, "Hell, he could buy my choobies for a week with this much... a season." then added a little chuckle. Another thought crossed her mind though as she looked at the one eyed, well groomed scoundrel. "Sithspit... how are we dividing this?" She asked as she looked at the amount of beings gathered in the room, her eyes stopping on the would be employer. Your not taking a cut right?

russdm
2010-05-04, 12:11 PM
Baj says simply. "I'm in."

tynger1234
2010-05-04, 02:19 PM
"Nice to know that I got some people to help. The take will divided up evenly by the people involved." The rodian heads to the door that he had originally came in from.
"We will be meeting later at my ship in two hours, come with everything you plan on needing if don't already have it on you. My ship is the 4th docking bay of this sector." He then walks out of the room and closes the door behind him.

Tichrondrius
2010-05-04, 03:00 PM
Toombs

"Guess I'm in too, then. We'll just have to hope the money divides evenly- y'know, if most of us don't have a terrible accident." He pointed his finger in a gun shape towards the robot that challenged him earlier and mouthed the word 'bang'. "I'd absolutely hate for that to happen."

After watching their esteemed employer leave, he glanced over at the Twi'Lek again. "Two hours, huh. Want to waste some time?" He asked with a wink.

russdm
2010-05-04, 03:04 PM
Baj leaves to see if he wants to purchase anything. He also goes to make contact with his contact in the inquistorious to report in what he has heard.

Rane126
2010-05-04, 06:01 PM
Rhys

Rhys will show up at the appointed docking bay on time.

Eternal Kanus
2010-05-04, 06:16 PM
RN ignores the human as he leaves the bar. He briefly stops at his residence, picking up the rest of his equipment before heading to the docking bay.

Tyrael
2010-05-04, 08:02 PM
Seerow shows up at the docking bay two hours later, with all his worldly possessions on his back and ready for anything.

Bowerbird
2010-05-04, 09:26 PM
The Falleen nods, "A pleasure meeting you all, I'm sure." he says dryly, "come B1" eh says, clapping his hands, the droid immediately falling in behind him. When he reaches the door, he turns, bows to everyone before leaving in a flurry of black.

russdm
2010-05-04, 10:47 PM
Baj walks up. He nods to the others, prefering not to speak right now.

Tydorei
2010-05-06, 12:24 PM
Sorry, been drunk as hell for the last few days. I'm back now.

The twi'lek smirks at Hearts offer. "There's plenty of ways to waste time handsome. My favorite way, and I bet yours, doesn't happen as long as we're part of the same job... usually." Then she stands and starts heading out the room. "But we can always waste time once the jobs over, if we're not spaced." With that, she goes to collect the rest of her gear before showing up at the dock about 5 minutes before the deadline.

russdm
2010-05-13, 03:05 PM
Baj waits impatiently.

Tyrael
2010-05-13, 05:21 PM
Seerow leans against the wall and sighs boredly, twirling his pistol idly as he waits for their GM guide to show up.

russdm
2010-05-19, 08:11 PM
Baj starts blasting holes into the ground as he waits for the GM, er guide, to show up.

russdm
2010-05-26, 03:15 PM
Baj uses the force and attacks the ground in a rage.

Tyrael
2010-05-26, 04:48 PM
It's been an entire month. I'd say this game is dead. I'm bowing out. :smallfurious:

russdm
2010-05-26, 06:32 PM
I'm following you.