PDA

View Full Version : Jade empire-ish IC

AeonWarior
2010-05-02, 11:00 PM
Today is just like most other days at the martial arts school you are training at. The rest of the students are practicing and sparing in the courtyard. The living space to the west of the courtyard, the library and instruction rooms are to the east, Masters quarters to the north, and the village to the south. You are about to take you're final test and get permission to leave. You have about 20 minutes until the head master wants you at the ring closest to his quarters.

(sorry about not saying I'm new at this and I suck with names)

Tokromar
2010-05-03, 01:09 AM
Cut. Slash. Slice!

Just outside the village, Jinaru Kim-Hyun is finishing his practice for the day. Thirty six unused wooden barrels lay around him, ripped to shreds by his well-honed technique. He loved practicing his technique. To him, it was like spending an evening sunbathing, or enjoying a nice hot bath....Except stuff got eviscerated. That made it all the more fun for him. Unfortunately, while destroying barrels was fun and all, he couldn't simply spend all day in bliss. The test was going to begin soon.

"Pfft. I bet the test is gonna be something weird. Something with an overly philosophical symbolic undertone to it. 'You must conquer yourself before you can conquer your enemy' or some crap like that....Well, there's no reason to waste time here wondering about it. Might as well get to the ring before it starts."

Hyun rushed toward the ring where the test was to begin as quickly as he could manage without tiring himself out. Along the way, he began to think about pork and rice for some reason....

"I'm gonna have to make myself some lunch after this test is over. I could really go for some char siu right now..."

((I vote that we call this RP Fighter's Sojourn))

RdMarquis
2010-05-03, 08:11 PM
Like all the other students, Zhao Yang was honing his skills. Instead of sparring or using the equipment, however, the nobleman had his nose firmly stuck in a book.

Before he could start practicing the White Wind style, he had to memorize it. And Yang found it difficult to understand an almost purely defensive style after having spent a decade perfecting his own, mainly offensive technique.

He sighed, pocketing the book. For this test, he would have to stick to what he knew. Zhao Yang gathered his calligraphy kit and walked toward the courtyard.