PDA

View Full Version : The ranks of the goblin cloaks (Some SoD spoilers)

Calintares
2010-05-03, 04:50 PM
The colour of the cloaks seem to signify the ranks of goblins with class levels. so what do we know about those?

White cloak: new accolyte, probably only 1-2 levels of Cleric, yet the one from strip #11 has at least 7 levels of cleric and the Evil domain.
Brown cloak: Hobgoblin wizards, probably level 1-2, might also be bards.
Light blue cloak: those are the most common for hobgoblin clerics, but it was also used by the goblin who discovered Lirians gate, he had access to several divinations.
Gray cloak: seem to be the most common for goblin clerics. The one from strip #90 has at least 5 cleric levels.
Dark blue cleric: mid-level cleric/second in command of Azure City (Jirx)
Purple cloak: Hobgoblin general.
Green cloak: Supreme Leader of the hobgoblins (probably not be cleric since his amulet is a shiny amulet of leadership not a holy symbol.)
Red cloak: Unique, belongs to the Dark One? and the chosen of the Dark One.

Anyone missing?

what puzzles me the most is the double meaning of the white cloak and the light blue cloak for regular goblins. Also I'm unsure what the actual colour of the Dark Ones cloak is, sometimes it looks purple and sometimes it looks red. He's only ever shown in crayon, so it's difficult to tell. This might mean that the ones from the crayon strips that have purple cloaks might be using the crimson mantle

Nimrod's Son
2010-05-03, 11:30 PM
There are goblin clerics in the Dragon strips with both dark blue (The Temple of the Shrouded Overlord) and red (The Temple of the Bloodsoaked Overlord) cloaks, and also another whose cloak is light grey. Those strips are non-canon, though.

Oh, and in DStP there's a non-crayon picture of the Dark One and his cloak is deep red, almost pink.

ThePhantasm
2010-05-03, 11:31 PM
This is something I've been curious about myself, but its hard to say since we have so few examples of certain colors.

Shale
2010-05-03, 11:38 PM
There are goblin clerics in the Dragon strips with both dark blue (The Temple of the Shrouded Overlord) and red (The Temple of the Bloodsoaked Overlord) cloaks, and also another whose cloak is light grey. Those strips are non-canon, though.

Plus they apparently don't worship the Dark One.

factotum
2010-05-04, 12:59 AM
Oh, and in DStP there's a non-crayon picture of the Dark One and his cloak is deep red, almost pink.

??

To my mind a deep red would be a very rich or dark red, whereas pink is a kind of washed-out red. Not sure how a deep red could be almost pink in that case!

Nimrod's Son
2010-05-04, 01:13 AM
Sorta this colour:

http://www.growquest.com/_borders/Legends%20rose.jpg