PDA

View Full Version : Diablo 2 - Act one, The Den of Evil.

Pages : [1] 2

Ernir
2010-05-04, 07:38 PM
You have entered the Rogue Encampment, a place which consists of nothing but tents, harried inhabitants, and a wooden palisade. This is where our group of heroes meets, eager to test their mettle against the monsters that have besieged the camp.

Aside from you, the major characters in the camp are:
Warriv, who you have already talked to, he greeted you when you entered. He seems to be some kind of caravan trader, stranded in the camp.
Charsi, a tall, stocky woman, the local blacksmith.
Gheed, a merchant with a tight purse and a loose tongue.
Kashya, the leader of the few guards circling the camp and guarding the gate. She does not seem to be the sociable type.
Akara, an older woman, the local magical adept, and apparently some kind of leader around these parts.

It is Akara who approaches you, the group of heroes, and tells you of her problem.

"There is a place of great evil in the wilderness. Kashya's Rogue scouts have informed me that a cave nearby is filled with shadowy creatures and horrors from beyond the grave. I fear that these creatures are massing for an attack against our encampment. If you are sincere about helping us, find the dark labyrinth and destroy the foul beasts. May the Great Eye watch over you."
"I should add that many Rogue scouts have died in that horrible place. We cannot afford to lose any more. If you choose to enter that Den of Evil, you must do so alone."

Tyrael
2010-05-04, 10:16 PM
"Nay, milady!" proclaims a handsome blonde man garbed in a gray tunic. A longsword hangs at his belt and a kite shield emblazoned with a dragon is slung over his back. "I shall indeed go forth unto this wretched hive of scum and villainy, but I shall not do so alone, for I have my faithful companions at my side!"

He turns and gestures to the person next to him with a wide grin.

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-05-04, 10:29 PM
Naimhdeach

A labyrinth full of shadowy creatures and horrors from beyond the grave that I can stu--er, eradicate? Muses the pale man in dark robes. Slowly a devilish smile crawls across his face. And the opportunity to kill something? I'm in. Turning to the blond man, "Faithful companion" is it. Well, we shall see. When do we leave?

Just talking, nothing to see here.

peterpaulrubens
2010-05-04, 10:52 PM
Tessa

A huge woman walks into the camp, her brown hair pulled back into a tight pony-tail, a long spear over her shoulder. She is easily one of the tallest women you've ever met, her hard lean body clearly that of a warrior.

"Hello friends, I'm Tessa. There is EVIL to be cleansed! Which way to the Den of Evil, Akara?"

Knowledge: Local [roll0]

senrath
2010-05-04, 10:59 PM
Lysenko

"I do believe that we should be leaving near immediately. After all, the problem isn't going to get any better while we stand around talking, now is it?" A tall and thin man said as he approached the group, with a rather large (and glowing) beetle in tow. The man has bright blue eyes, and blond hair that is barely even an inch long. He carries a shield and a mace, although he appears to be rather uncomfortable holding them.

Tavar
2010-05-04, 11:20 PM
Forsaken Monkey
Another man speaks up. At first glance he appears rather short, but a more careful examination reveals that he's of average height, but stocky. Not that he fat. Far from it, he appears rather fit. His brown eyes carefully linger over each member of his group, then he slowly lets out a breathe as he runs a hand through black hair.
Really? You're trusting your hopes to this band of sociopaths? I mean, two are clearly delusional, and another looks like he'd rather join the forces of darkness. I don't suppose we're going to get any supplies, are we? No. Thought not. Finishing his little rant, Forsaken turns to Lysenko. So, you seem the other sane man in this little company. I'm Forsaken Monkey. What's your name? And you're right. Better go to our deaths quickly, rather than draw them out.

senrath
2010-05-04, 11:25 PM
Lysenko

"I am Lysenko Mendra, a summoner. Pleased to meet you." Lysenko said as he pulled his hat out from his backpack. Placing it on his head, he surveyed the group that had gathered. They were certainly an odd bunch, that's for sure. But hopefully they'd be enough to stem the flow of evil that had been increasing as of late.

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-05-04, 11:40 PM
Naimhdeach

How dare you imply that I am not a sociopath? says the robed man indignantly. As his veneer of indignant outrage began to crack a rakish grin split his face.Not that you asked, but the name's Naim, and though I may walk the razor's edge, I'll have you know that power is neither good nor evil; it simply is. He stares into the distance vaguely for a moment, lost in thought. But I suppose the last thing you want is a lecture on morality from the likes of me. Smiling benignly he continues in a much more pleasant tone of voice; Though I don't think you should complain about my, ah, proclivity toward the... frowned upon avenues of power. After all, it would appear that my "skills" shall come in handy.

Tavar
2010-05-05, 12:35 AM
Forsaken Monkey
Initially, his only reaction to Naimhdeach's rant is a simply raised eyebrow, though eventually he decides a response is in order. His tone is somewhat odd, though you can't tell weather it's from mirth or boredom.
I never meant to imply that you weren't one, merely that you weren't delusional.

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-05-05, 02:37 AM
Naimhdeach

Ah. Well, in that case I suppose I could forgive you.

Ernir
2010-05-05, 11:32 AM
"Hello friends, I'm Tessa. There is EVIL to be cleansed! Which way to the Den of Evil, Akara?"

"It is not hard to find. This used to be a road well travelled, follow the road, and you should find the cave."

And so your merry band does. You leave the Rogue Encampment, and enter the surrounding area, known by the grisly name of "The Blood Moor".

Ernir
2010-05-05, 11:46 AM
The Blood Moor

You have not followed the road for long when you find part of the moor's namesake - a group of creatures gnawing on what seems to be a human corpse. When you arrive, the creatures stop their feast.

They look similar to spine-covered rats. They are fast, and their attack form of choice soon becomes apparent - they run at you, and launch spines at you!

Moves: They all move closer to you, away from the corpse. Yeah.

Spine at Tessa: [roll0][roll1]
Spine at Tessa: [roll2][roll3]
Spine at Uru: [roll4][roll5]
Spine at Davian: [roll6][roll7]
Spine at Davian: [roll8][roll9]
Spine at Forsaken: [roll10][roll11]

End result:
Tessa: 7 damage
Uru: 4 damage
Davian: 2 damage
Forsaken: 0 damage.

Map:{table]|A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M|N|O|P|Q|R|S|T
1|||||R|R||||||||||||||
2|||||R|R||||||||||||||
3|||||R|R|||||C|||||||||
4|||||R|R||||||||||||||
5|||||R|R||||||||||||||
6||||||R|R|||||||||||||
7||||||R|R|||||||||||||
8||||||R|R|||||||||||||
9||||||R|R||||||||B|B||||
10||||||R|R||||Q||Q||B|B|B|||
11|||||||R|R|||Q|Q||Q||||||
12|||B|B|||R|R||Q||||||||||
13||B|B|B||||R|R|||||||||||
14|||B|B||||R|R|||||||||||
15||||B|||||R|R||||||||||
16|||||||||R|R||||||||||
17|||||||||R|R|T||D||U|||||
18|||||||||R|R||L||F||||||
19|||||||||R|R|||N|||||||
20|||||||||R|R||||||||||
[/table]

T = Tessa
U = Uru
D = Davian
N = Naimhdeach
L = Lysenko
F = Forsaken

R = Road
C = Corpse
Q = Quill rats
B = Bush. Provides cover.

senrath
2010-05-05, 11:58 AM
Lysenko

"C'kthak, take that one!" Lysenko cried, indicating the closest quill rat. Once he spoke, the large beetle that had been following the group raced forwards, attempting to take a chunk out of the indicated rat with its large mandibles. Lysenko then shifted his stance and prepared to dodge any further attacks from the rats.

Celestial Giant Fire Beetle moves to attack the rat in J12, while Lysenko takes a total defense action (+4 AC).

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Beetle AC: 16
Beetle HP: 6/6

Lysenko AC: 15 (11 + 4 from total defense)
Lysenko HP: 11/11

Tavar
2010-05-05, 12:01 PM
Den of Evil. Blood Moor. You'd think these people wanted to be overrun by dark forces.

As the party leaves the camp, Forsak concentrates for a moment, and everyone suddenly feels a bit more energetic.

[hr]

Forsaken blocks the quill with his shield, then charges forward. Instead of attacking the rats, though, he instead takes a deep breathe, and then releases a line of acid, catching two of the rats.

Aura of Vigor active, everyone gains fast healing 1 if below half health.

Move to N 13, breath weapon targeting L 11 and K 10.
Acid Damage; [roll0], Ref save 13 for half.
Breathe weapon cooldown:[roll1]

Swift action to gain 1 Temporary HP for one round.

Jarian
2010-05-05, 12:20 PM
Uru

Uru, just now recovering from a bout of muteness, curses pungently as he is feathered with quills. He runs forward (O-12) and unleashes a quick series of blows on the nearest spiny rat.

Flurry of Blows 1: [roll0] for [roll1]
Flurry of Blows 2: [roll2] for [roll3]

Uru's unarmed strikes count as slashing damage.

Incidentally, if you add an underscore after each letter in the map header, it makes square squares. :smallsmile:

peterpaulrubens
2010-05-05, 12:30 PM
Tessa

"Time to die, vermin!" Tessa runs towards the monsters and stabs one in the middle of the pack with her spear.

Move to L13 so as to threaten the most rats I can. Stab the rat at L11, full Power Attack: [roll0] to hit, [roll1] damage.

Do I get 1 HP from Forsaken's aura?

Ernir
2010-05-05, 12:48 PM
The Blood Moor

The rats cower in fear and pain as two of them are bathed in acid, one of them finds itself in melee with a celestial beetle, and one of them is judo-chopped in two.
And a 6'+ woman stabs at them.

Uru's first attack hits, killing it instantly. (Anyone got a problem with an unimportant-monsters-die-at-0HP rule?)
Uru also provokes an attack of opportunity from the rat that just died, yup, it threatens the space you had to move through. Bite attack: [roll0],[roll1]
Edit: It hit, so you get the honor of rolling a Fort save.

Edit 2: Tessa misses. But she gets one HP.

Oops, I forgot to place the beetle on the map. Fixed now. Its attack missed, though.

Reflex saves against the line of acid:
[roll2]
[roll3]

Map:{table]|A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M|N|O|P|Q|R|S|T
1|||||R|R||||||||||||||
2|||||R|R||||||||||||||
3|||||R|R|||||C|||||||||
4|||||R|R||||||||||||||
5|||||R|R||||||||||||||
6||||||R|R|||||||||||||
7||||||R|R|||||||||||||
8||||||R|R|||||||||||||
10||||||R|R||||Q||Q||B|B|B|||
11|||||||R|R|||Q|Q||||||||
12|||B|B|||R|R||Q|||||U|||||
13||B|B|B||||R|R|C'|||T|F||||||
16|||||||||R|R||||||||||
17|||||||||R|R|||D|||||||
18|||||||||R|R||L||||||||
19|||||||||R|R|||N|||||||
20|||||||||R|R||||||||||[/table]

Jarian
2010-05-05, 12:59 PM
Ernir:You seem to have put me in O-11, not O-12. Unless that rat has a 10ft reach with its bite attack?

Ernir
2010-05-05, 01:03 PM
Ernir:You seem to have put me in O-11, not O-12. Unless that rat has a 10ft reach with its bite attack?
:smallredface:

Fixed.
There was no AoO, no hit, and no fort save required.

Tyrael
2010-05-05, 02:03 PM
"HALT, FOUL DEMONS! YOUR TAINT SHALL NOT ERASE THE LIGHT OF JUSTICE THIS DAY!" Davian charges forward, slashing at one of the Quill Rats mightily.

Full-Round Action: Charge to Square N12.
[roll0]
[roll1]
Current AC: 11

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-05-05, 07:16 PM
Naimhdeach

Well, when it comes down to fighting I really do better with more space.

Double move to G13.

Ernir
2010-05-06, 05:25 AM
The Blood Moor

"Squick!"
"Squack!"
"Whhhhhhhhhrrrr!"

I gave the rats names. Their names are Q1, Q2, Q3 and Q4.

Q1: 5' step from K11 to J10. Spine on Naimdeach: [roll0] for [roll1]
Q2: Spine on C'kthak: [roll2] for [roll3]
Q3: Moves from L11 to L8. Tessa gets an AoO. If that doesn't kill it, spine on Davian: [roll4] for [roll5]
Q4: Spine on Forsaken: [roll6] for [roll7]

End result:
Naimdeach: 2 damage
C'kthak: 1 damage
Davian: 5 damage or 0 damage, depending on Tessa's AoO.
Forsaken: 0 damage.

Map:{table=head]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_|G_|H_|I_|J_|K_|L_|M_|N_|O_|P_|Q _|R_|S_|T_
1|||||R|R||||||||||||||
2|||||R|R||||||||||||||
3|||||R|R|||||C|||||||||
4|||||R|R||||||||||||||
5|||||R|R||||||||||||||
6||||||R|R|||||||||||||
7||||||R|R|||||||||||||
8||||||R|R|||||Q3||||||||
10||||||R|R|||Q1|Q2||Q4||B|B|B|||
11|||||||R|R||||||||||||
12|||B|B|||N|R|||||||U|||||
13||B|B|B||||R|R|C'|D|T||F||||||
16|||||||||R|R||||||||||
17|||||||||R|R||||||||||
19|||||||||R|R||||||||||

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-05-06, 06:43 AM
Naimhdeach

Naim puts a bit more distance between himself and his new companions, seeming thoroughly irritated that he'd just been turned into an impromptu pincushion. Once he's reached a safe distance he turns back to the rats, glaring, and and holds out his right arm, fist clenched.
Move to G6, and burn two uses of my rebuke undead ability to activate Profane Lifeleach. I do 1d6 damage to all living creatures within 30ft (Which should only be Q3, Q2, and Q1, by my count) and gain the same amount as healing, up to my max. (Which, since I've only lost 2hp and I've done 3hp min, I've put back to max:smallbiggrin:)

Stats

HP: 9/9
AC: 11 (T11, FF10)
Rebuke attempts:8/10
No spells used yet.

Ernir
2010-05-06, 07:00 AM
The Blood Moor

The life energies of the rats stream away from them and towards the necromancer. One of them rolls over dead, two others squeal in pain.

Profane Lifeleech damage:
Q1: [roll0] = DEAD (Or that is, at 0, as low as the Lifeleech can get it. Dead enough for me.)
Q2: [roll1] = not dead
Q3: [roll2] = not dead

Map:
{table=head]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_|G_|H_|I_|J_|K_|L_|M_|N_|O_|P_|Q _|R_|S_|T_
1|||||R|R||||||||||||||
2|||||R|R||||||||||||||
3|||||R|R|||||C|||||||||
4|||||R|R||||||||||||||
5|||||R|R||||||||||||||
6||||||R|N|||||||||||||
7||||||R|R|||||||||||||
8||||||R|R|||||Q3||||||||
10||||||R|R||||Q2||Q4||B|B|B|||
11|||||||R|R||||||||||||
12|||B|B|||R|R|||||||U|||||
13||B|B|B||||R|R|C'|D|T||F||||||
16|||||||||R|R||||||||||
17|||||||||R|R||||||||||
19|||||||||R|R||||||||||

Tavar
2010-05-06, 10:47 AM
Forsaken raises an eyebrow at Naimhdeach's action, then charges the remaining rats.
Morituri Te Salutant

Charge to L11, attacking rat at K10.
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Swift action to gain 1 Temp HP.
AC 12.

peterpaulrubens
2010-05-06, 10:51 AM
Tessa

Tessa shouts the traditional war-cry of her people, stabbing at the rat as it tries to move out of spear range. "SHISH KABOB!!!"

Tessa moves up to engage her enemies again, and stabs at one injured by her companion's death magic.

The Blood Moor
Q3: Moves from L11 to L8. Tessa gets an AoO.

AoO: PA is still active, so [roll0] to hit, [roll1]

On my turn:
5' to L12 and attack Q2. No Power Attack this round, so [roll2] to hit, [roll3]

Edit: apparently my D/A/E has kicked in, because I'm whiffing all my attacks. Also, do I gain another HP?

senrath
2010-05-06, 10:53 AM
Lysenko

With its target gone, C'kthak rushed forwards, skirting one of the rats to focus on the one furthest away, and attempted to devour its target. Lysenko merely stayed still, and focused on defending himself, although it probably wasn't necessary.

Celestial Giant Fire Beetle moves around the rat in J10, stopping at K8 to attack Q3, while Lysenko takes a total defense action (+4 AC).

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Beetle AC: 16
Beetle HP: 5/6

Lysenko AC: 15 (11 + 4 from total defense)

Tavar
2010-05-06, 10:56 AM
AoO: PA is still active, so [roll0] to hit, [roll1]

On my turn:
5' to L12 and attack Q2. No Power Attack this round, so [roll2] to hit, [roll3]

Edit: apparently my D/A/E has kicked in, because I'm whiffing all my attacks. Also, do I gain another HP?

If you are under half health, yes. Otherwise, no.

peterpaulrubens
2010-05-06, 11:40 AM
If you are under half health, yes. Otherwise, no.Cool! Ernir I added that to my char sheet, this round's healing brings me up to 5.

Ernir
2010-05-06, 11:58 AM
The Blood Moor

The combat rages on, and rats keep dropping. Forsaken charges one, and cuts it down. Tessa keeps stabbing and missing. C'kthak circles the battlefield, snatching up those the spearwoman misses.

Tessa's AoO misses, the crit from earlier is confirmed.

Forsaken kills Q2, the bug kills Q3.

One rat left!

Map:
{table=head]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_|G_|H_|I_|J_|K_|L_|M_|N_|O_|P_|Q _|R_|S_|T_
1|||||R|R||||||||||||||
2|||||R|R||||||||||||||
3|||||R|R|||||C|||||||||
4|||||R|R||||||||||||||
5|||||R|R||||||||||||||
6||||||R|N|||||||||||||
7||||||R|R|||||||||||||
8||||||R|R||||C'|||||||||
10||||||R|R||||||Q4||B|B|B|||
11|||||||R|R||||F||||||||
12|||B|B|||R|R|||||||U|||||
13||B|B|B||||R|R||D|T||||||||
16|||||||||R|R||||||||||
17|||||||||R|R||||||||||
19|||||||||R|R||||||||||

Tyrael
2010-05-06, 12:35 PM
"Foul knave! Fall!"

Move Action: Move to M11
Standard Action: Chop!
[roll0]
[roll1]

Jarian
2010-05-06, 01:15 PM
Uru

Uru, sad at being left out of the best part, whips out his longspear and disconsolately stabs at the last quill rat's corpse a few times.

FoB with Longspear on Q4 if it wasn't dead yet.

[roll0] for [roll1]
[roll2] for [roll3]

Edit: FAIL.

Ernir
2010-05-06, 02:23 PM
The Blood Moor

And *Splat* goes the last rat beneath Davian's blade.

As you go past the creatures you have slain and look at the corpse of the unfortunate woman who met these creatures before you did, you see that she was a rogue, one of Kashya's squad.

Encounter over. Which means loot!

From the body:
[roll0] gold
1x masterwork longbow
1x masterwork longsword
1x masterwork chain shirt
1x obviously magical scroll with a blue seal.

Also, now that you have time to look, you see that the beast Uru chopped in two had swallowed a still-intact potion, which is lying on the grass now. It's slimy, but easily recognizable as a potion of Cure Light Wounds.

Tyrael
2010-05-06, 02:30 PM
Davian moves forward and picks up the longsword, flourishing it and holding it aloft. "Aha!" he proclaims. "A most worthy trophy! Foul monster blood shalt be spilt by thy own blade, Evil!"

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-05-06, 02:31 PM
Naimhdeach

Well, I'm glad to see that someone has some enthusiasm, at least. Naim proclaims with a small smirk firmly in place on his face. I don't need the potion, and the weaponry isn't particularly appealing either, but the chain shirt... That I could probably use. I'd be willing to take a look at the scroll, but it's not generally my area. So, how are we going to decide who gets what?

Stats (Might as well keep these up from now on.)

No spells used yet.

Ernir
2010-05-06, 03:03 PM
The Blood Moor

Our band of heroes presses on along the road, and before long, coming to the place they set out to clean... the Den of Evil.

Surrounding the cavern entrance is a group of red-skinned demons, no taller than your waist. Engrossed in whatever it is that they were doing, they don't seem to notice you until you are on them.
The Fallen take no actions. PCs go first this time.
Map:{table=header]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_|G_|H_|I_|J_|K_|L_|M_|N_|O_|P_|Q _|R_|S_|T_
1||||||||||||||||S||||
2|||||||||||||||S|S|S|S||
3||||||||||||||||S|S|||
4||||||||||||||||S||||
5|||||||||||||F8|||||||
6||||||||S|S|||F7||||||||
7|||||||S|S|S|S|F5||||F6|F4||||
8||||||S|S|E|S|S|S|*||||||||
9|||||S|S|S|E|E|Ca|S|S||||||||
10|||||S|S|E|E|E|E|R|R||||||||
11||||||S|S|E|E|E|R|R|R|R||||||
12||||||S|S|S|S|S|S|F1|R|R|R|R||||
13|||||||S|S|S|S|||||R|R|R|R||
14|||||||||||F2||F3||||R|R|R|R
15|||||||||||||||||||R|R
16||||||||||||||||||U||
17||||||||S|||||||C'||T|N||
18|||||||S|S|S||||||||D|L||
19||||||||S|S|||||||Fo||||
20||||||||||||||||||||
[/table]
F = Fallen
S = Stone formation
E = cavern Entrance
* = flag of the Fallen

senrath
2010-05-06, 03:14 PM
Lysenko

At Lysenko's command, C'kthak scurried forwards, trying to get within reach of the Fallen,all the while making itself as small and hard to hit as possible. Lysenko followed along as well, focusing on defending himself from any attacks that might come his way.

C'kthak moves to O11, and takes a Total Defense action. Lysenko moves to R12, and also takes a Total Defense action.
Beetle Current AC: 20

Lysenko Current AC: 15

Jarian
2010-05-06, 03:48 PM
Uru

Uru gets almost misty-eyed at the sight of the nice new stabbity targets. He takes a quick stride to the west, then begins the killin'.

Move to L-16, Flurry of Blows with longspear on F-2 (and possibly F-3.)

Attack1: [roll0] for [roll1]
Attack2: [roll2] for [roll3]

If the first attack downs F-2, he'll stab at F-3 with the second.

Edit: I demand a refund! This monk product is faulty!

Ernir
2010-05-06, 04:14 PM
The Blood Moor

Uru darts to the west and delivers the Monk's signature move, known as Flurry of Misses. C'kthak and Lysenko brace for impact.

1||||||||||||||||S||||
3||||||||||||||||S|S|||
4||||||||||||||||S||||
5|||||||||||||F8|||||||
6||||||||S|S|||F7||||||||
7|||||||S|S|S|S|F5||||F6|F4||||
9|||||S|S|S|E|E|Ca|S|S||||||||
11||||||S|S|E|E|E|R|R|R|R|C'|||||
12||||||S|S|S|S|S|S|F1|R|R|R|R||L||
14|||||||||||F2||F3||||R|R|R|R
15|||||||||||||||||||R|R
16||||||||||||U||||||||
17||||||||S|||||||||T|N||
18|||||||S|S|S||||||||D|||
19||||||||S|S|||||||Fo||||
20||||||||||||||||||||
[/table]

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-05-06, 04:42 PM
Naimhdeach

Naim again moves so as to ensure that his companions are out of range should he need to use his less discriminatory abilities.

Double move to S7

Stats

No spells used yet.

Tyrael
2010-05-06, 04:43 PM
Move Action: Move to M12
Standard Action: [roll0]
[roll1]

Davian strides forward and cries out, "Foul demons, back unto the Abyss with thee! HAH!" He then slashes downwards at the little Fallen.

peterpaulrubens
2010-05-06, 04:52 PM
Tessa

(regarding the loot)
"I'll happily wear the chainshirt, and if no one wants it I'll take the longbow..."

Tessa runs next to Uru to form a phalanx, and pokes at the nearest enemy.

Move to M16 and attack F3.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Tavar
2010-05-06, 05:01 PM
Forsaken Monkey

In a second, things change. The inner energy dissipates, and in it's place a thin film of acid covers everyone in the party, not harming them, but promising pain to those who attack. Forsaken's film is extra thick, and seems to extend to include his weapon. He then charges forward, though he's apparently not used to fighting with the film, as he badly wiffs the attack.

Charge to L15, attack F3.
[roll0]
[roll1]+2 acid damage from aura.

All allies within 30ft deal 2 acid damage to enemies who hit them with natural attacks or non-reach manufactured weapons.

Ernir
2010-05-06, 07:24 PM
The Blood Moor

Your first battle against the Fallen begins for real! One of them is killed before they get a chance to react. The rest of them rallies, and with a warcry of "RAKANISHU!", they engage.

I can't seem to get Davar all the way to M12, I placed you at N13 instead. Did you factor in that every other diagonal you move costs 2 squares of movement?
Anyway, that means you killed F3. :smalltongue:

Forsaken can't charge-attack to L15 and attack F3, because that's not the shortest route between Forsaken and F3. (Also, F3 is dead and Tessa is in the way. But meh.)
Moved you ordinarily to L15 instead. The attack is a nat-1 anyway.

And now for the fun stuff.
Fallen 1: 5' to M13, attacks Davian. Attack [roll0] for [roll1]
Fallen 4: Charges Naimdeach. Attack [roll2] for [roll3]
Fallen 2: Attacks Forsaken. Attack [roll4] for [roll5]
Fallen 5: Moves to O10, attacks the bug. Attack [roll6] for [roll7]
Fallen 8: Moves to N10, attacks the bug. Attack [roll8] for [roll9]
Fallen 6: Moves to R6, attacks Naimdeach. [roll10] for [roll11]
Fallen 7: Charges Lysenko. [roll12] for [roll13]

End result:
Davian takes 1 damage. Fallen 1 takes 2 damage in the process.
Forsaken takes 9 damage (OW!). Fallen 2 takes 2 damage in the process.
Lysenko takes 1 damage. Fallen 7 takes 2 damage in the process.

1||||||||||||||||S||||
3||||||||||||||||S|S|||
4||||||||||||||||S||||
5||||||||||||||||||||
6||||||||S|S|||||||||F6||
7|||||||S|S|S|S||||||||F4|N|
9|||||S|S|S|E|E|E|S|S||||||||
10|||||S|S|E|E|E|E|R|R||F8|F5|||||
11||||||S|S|E|E|E|R|R|R|R|C'||F7|||
12||||||S|S|S|S|S|S||R|R|R|R||L||
13|||||||S|S|S|S|||F1|D|R|R|R|R||
14|||||||||||F2||||||R|R|R|R
15||||||||||||Fo|||||||R|R
16||||||||||||U|T|||||||
17||||||||S||||||||||||
18|||||||S|S|S|||||||||||
19||||||||S|S|||||||||||
20||||||||||||||||||||
[/table]

Jarian
2010-05-06, 07:29 PM
Uru

Uru attempts to make up for his bouts of incompetence with strategy this time!

The strategy being "move and stab things."

Move to O-12 in a route that avoids threatened squares.

Longspear Flurry on F-8, then F-5 if it dies.

Attack 1: [roll0] for [roll1]
Attack 2: [roll2] for [roll3]

peterpaulrubens
2010-05-06, 07:30 PM
Tessa

"Cmere ya hellish little runt!" says Tessa, as she steps towards her enemy and attempts to impale it.

5' step to M15 and attack F1. Attack [roll0], damage [roll1]

Edit: it's ABOUT TIME! Confirm the crit (bah forgot it won't roll after initial submit) next post.

peterpaulrubens
2010-05-06, 07:33 PM
Tessa

Confirm the crit: [roll0], [roll1], [roll2]

senrath
2010-05-06, 07:36 PM
Lysenko

Lysenko grimaced as he was hit, then swung his mace in an attempt to exact revenge. C'kthak attempted to bite the first fallen that had attacked him in half.

Lysenko swings at Fallen 7, C'kthak bites at Fallen 5.

Lysenko's attack:[roll0][roll1]
C'kthak's attack:[roll2][roll3]

Beetle Current AC: 16

Lysenko Current AC: 11
Lysenko HP: 10/11

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-05-06, 07:36 PM
Naimhdeach

With a look of mild shock on his face, due more to the sheer ineffectiveness of his opponents than the actual attack, Naim lifts his Greataxe and gleefully wings away!

I guess it's time for me to roll:smallsmile: 5foot step to S6 and attack F6[roll0] [roll1]

Stats

No spells used yet.

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-05-06, 07:39 PM
Naimhdeach
Confirming crit(and with my first roll of the game, lol) [roll0] [roll1]

Ernir
2010-05-06, 07:56 PM
The Blood Moor

The Blood Moor lives up to its name as two of the Fallen EXPLODE IN A HOT GOOEY SPRAY across the battlefield after being hit by Tessa and Naimdeach, and another is impaled on Uru's spear. The others cry out in panic.

1||||||||||||||||S||||
3||||||||||||||||S|S|||
4||||||||||||||||S||||
5||||||||||||||||||||
6||||||||S|S||||||||||N|
7|||||||S|S|S|S||||||||F4||
10|||||S|S|E|E|E|E|R|R|||F5|||||
11||||||S|S|E|E|E|R|R|R|R|C'||F7|||
12||||||S|S|S|S|S|S||R|R|U|R||L||
13|||||||S|S|S|S||||D|R|R|R|R||
14|||||||||||F2||||||R|R|R|R
15||||||||||||Fo|T||||||R|R
16||||||||||||||||||||
17||||||||S||||||||||||
19||||||||S|S|||||||||||
20||||||||||||||||||||
[/table]

Tavar
2010-05-06, 08:14 PM
Forsaken

Forsaken reels from the blow, but tries to strike back.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Also, it sucks that even with the chain shirt it hits. Knew I should have gone for the 14 in dex, dammit.

Tyrael
2010-05-06, 10:09 PM
Move Action: Move to N11
Standard Action: [roll0]
[roll1]

Bathed in the blood of the Fallen, Davian runs forward and cleaves into another little demon.

Ernir
2010-05-07, 11:33 AM
The Blood Moor

"GWAH!"
"Oogh!"
*Splat*

Davian and Forsaken slaughter two more Fallen. The Fallen engaging Naimdeach decides to find a less intimidating target.

Fallen 4: Charges Lysenko. [roll0] for [roll1]. Provokes AoO from Naimdeach!
Fallen 7: Attacks Lysenko. [roll2] for [roll3]

End result: Fallen 4 deals 1 damage to Lysenko, and takes 2 damage in the process. Void if Naimdeach manages to kill it with the AoO.
1||||||||||||||||S||||
3||||||||||||||||S|S|||
4||||||||||||||||S||||
5||||||||||||||||||||
6||||||||S|S||||||||||N|
7|||||||S|S|S|S||||||||||
11||||||S|S|E|E|E|R|R|R|D|C'||F7|F4||
12||||||S|S|S|S|S|S||R|R|U|R||L||
14|||||||||||||||||R|R|R|R
15||||||||||||Fo|T||||||R|R
16||||||||||||||||||||
17||||||||S||||||||||||
19||||||||S|S|||||||||||
20||||||||||||||||||||
[/table]

peterpaulrubens
2010-05-07, 11:39 AM
Tessa

"Die, demonscum!" screams Tessa as she charges the closest Fallen.

Charge to P13 and attack F7. Attack [roll0], damage [roll1].

Current AC: 10

peterpaulrubens
2010-05-07, 11:41 AM
Tessa

Whoops on the previous damage roll.
Confirm the crit (two in a row!): Attack [roll0], normal damage [roll1], additional crit damage if it confirms: [roll2], [roll3]

Tyrael
2010-05-07, 11:55 AM
Breathing heavily, Davian wipes his sword off and plants it in the ground, resting as he watches the rest of the group clean up the demons.

There's only two left, I figure you guys'll handle it by the time my initiative order comes around.

Tavar
2010-05-07, 11:56 AM
Forsaken

Forsaken quickly moves to the last fallen, hoping to end the battle soon.
It seems today is a good day for you to die.

Move to Q 12, attack F4.
1d20+3
Damage[roll0]

Tavar
2010-05-07, 11:58 AM
Tyrael, that's not how initiative works in this game. And it's also not how Erin asked posts to be formated.
Redoing attack roll. [roll0]

senrath
2010-05-07, 12:03 PM
Lysenko

C'kthak quickly scurried around behind the Fallen that had attacked Lysenko, and was still standing. Then, he attacked, at the same time that Lysenko did.

Note that this only happens if the AoO from earlier doesn't kill the darned thing. C'kthak moves around to R10, flanking F4. They both attack F4.

[roll0][roll1] Lysenko's rolls.
[roll2][roll3] C'kthak's rolls.

Lysenko HP: 9/11 (or 10/11 if the AoO takes out F4 before it hits)

peterpaulrubens
2010-05-07, 12:03 PM
And it's also not how Erin asked posts to be formated.
Erin ... ?????

OH, how the viking spirits disapprove!

Tyrael
2010-05-07, 12:21 PM
Davian Fallstar

I am doing nothing.

I am doing nothing.

Ernir
2010-05-07, 12:41 PM
The Blood Moor

The last Fallen go down, one being bitten to death by C'kthak, and the other disappearing into a red mist as Tessa charges him.

The entrance to their destination, the Den of Evil, is cleared.

Going to give you a tiny bit of time to distribute loot, say yay, and give any possible objections to going in right away. Then in you go. :smalltongue:

Loot!
The Fallens were using:
3x Morningstars
3x Still-burning torches
2x Rapiers
2x Bucklers
3x Greatclubs

From a campsite, a few yards from here:
[roll0]x torches
Flint 'n Steel
1x Chainmail and 1x Hide armor, obviously too big for any of the Fallen, look sized right for you.
1x Masterwork Light Crossbow
[roll1] crossbow bolts
1x Masterwork Shortbow
[roll2] arrows

[roll3] GP.

Jarian
2010-05-07, 12:57 PM
Uru

Uru takes the flag and ties it to his longspear with some Fallen intestines. He then quaffs a potion and indicates his readiness.

CLW: [roll0]

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-05-07, 02:15 PM
Naimdheach

[roll0]
[roll1]

:smallredface:

Ernir
2010-05-07, 03:54 PM
The Den of Evil

Your party enters a dark, dank cave, reeking of death. This is the place you intend to bring to the light again.

The first obstacle presents itself almost immediately. As you peer through your torchlight, you see a number of creatures lumbering about - creatures once human. You had all heard stories of the dead walking in these lands, you now see they were true.

Two of the zombies were gnawing on the corpse of a woman - another of Kashya's Rogues. This one has been vertically impaled on a stake, making her stand there like a grotesque scarecrow for those who enter this den.

The zombies turn to face you.

"Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh."

Map:
The cave is dark, so if your target is far enough from your light sources (it would be a good idea to say who has what at this point), concealment applies!

{table=header]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_|G_|H_|I_|J_|K_|L_|M_|N_|O_|P_|Q _|R_|S_|T_
1|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|E|E|E
2|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|||||T||N|L||E|E|E
3|R|R|R|R|R|||||||||F|||||R|R
4|R|R|R|||Z1||||||||C'|D||R|R|R|R
5|R|R||||||||||||||U|R|R|R|R
6|R|R||C||||Z2||||||||||R|R|R
7|R|R|||||||||S||S|S|S|S|S|R|R|R
8|R|R|R|R|R|R|||S|S|S|||S|S|S|S|R|R|R
9|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|S|S||||||||R|R|R
10|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|||Z3|||||||R|R|R
11|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|||||Z4|||Z5|||R|R
12|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R||||||||||R|R
13|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R||||Z6|||R|R|R
14|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R||||||R|R|R
15|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|||R|R|R|R|R[/table]

E = Your entrance.
R = Rock. A.k.a. the walls. Impassable.
S = Steep slope. There is a 10' difference in height between the area north of the slope and the area south of it. The Climb DC is 15. The small "gap" marks a passable portion, no climb checks are needed there.
C = The corpse.
Zx = The Zombies.

Jarian
2010-05-07, 04:44 PM
Uru

Emboldened by his pillaging of the Fallen flag and his new chain shirt, Uru takes up a position in the chokepoint. He proceeds to make with the stabbity.

Move to L-8, Longspear Flurry on Z-3.

Attack1: [roll0] for [roll1]
Attack2: [roll2] for [roll3]

Uru has 60ft Darkvision.

Tavar
2010-05-07, 05:27 PM
Forsaken

Forsaken can just barely see the zombies on their level, but moves as close as he can before adopting a ready position, waiting for the first foe to approach.
Energy aura is up. All foes who hit an ally within 30ft take 2 acid damage.
Move to J5. Ready action to hit first zombie that comes within melee range.
[roll0]
Damage[roll1] Bludgeon damage, 2 acid damage.

senrath
2010-05-07, 05:37 PM
Lysenko

Lysenko held his torch aloft, and focused on defense. C'kthak raced forwards and attacked a zombie.

Lysenko holds a torch, and takes a Total Defense. C'kthak naturally illuminates radius 10', and moves to I6, attacking Z2.

[roll0][roll1] attack on Z2.

Lysenko HP: 9/11

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-05-07, 06:25 PM
Naimhdeach

Hmmm. Fascinating Naim mutters under his breath, while walking forward, with no apparent fear whatsoever. But, alas, no time to study the creatures as they appear to be in our way. And with a forlorn sigh he raised his crossbow and fires at a zombie.(Assuming it's okay to assume that Naim loaded the crossbow before entering the cave. Which I never said he did, but we were in the cave before I got the chance to look, really. Yay finals week!)

Move to J3 and fire at Z1 (which, I think, is just at the edge of the shadowy illumination of Lysenko's torch. Or the bug maybe.)
[roll0]
[roll=Damage]1d8[roll]

Stats (Might as well keep these up from now on.)

No spells used yet.
27 Bolts left

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-05-07, 06:29 PM
Oops, :smallredface:

Looks like I forgot my / on the damage roll. I don't think I can edit it in, so here's the real damage [roll0]

peterpaulrubens
2010-05-07, 06:42 PM
Tessa

"Stay together! Who knows what may come out of the darkness. Best to deal with them from afar.." Tessa fires an arrow at the closest un-engaged enemy.

Tessa shoots an arrow at Z1 (should be illuminated by C'kthak). Attack [roll0], damage [roll1]

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-05-07, 06:58 PM
[Speaking is a free action and you can do it when it's not your turn right?]
It's okay friend. The darkness does not frighten me, and though our new found opposition is interesting, certainly, I don't believe they're much danger. He pauses for a moment, a thoughtful look on his face.At least not for me. And therefore, by extension, you. He finishes with a look of supreme confidence.

Ernir
2010-05-07, 07:41 PM
The Den of Evil

The band greets the group of zombies with steel and arrows, but the monsters turn out to be resilient. Not one of them falls in the first wave of assaults. Uru's spear nearly tears one to pieces, but it keeps moving. The arrows and bolts either fly into the darkness or make only minor cuts. The bug attacks with more enthusiasm than effectiveness.

Uru: Deals 8+7 = 15 points of damage to Z3. And he is aware of the fact that his attack was made less effective due to damage reduction.

C'kthak misses.

I'm guessing the beetle has a 10' radius of bright light, and, extrapolating from that (even if there is no mention of it in the monster description), a 20' radius of shadowy light. Which would put Z1 in the shadowy part, meaning a 20% miss chance for Naimhdeach and Tessa.

Miss chance, a 1 means a miss:
Naimhdeach: [roll0]
Tessa: [roll1]

Tessa misses, and Naimdeach deals 1 point of damage to Z1. He is also aware of the fact that his weapon did not do a whole lot of good against the zombie. :smalltongue:

Summary so far:
15 points of damage on Z3
1 point of damage on Z1.

1|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|E|E|E
2|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|||||T|||L||E|E|E
3|R|R|R|R|R|||||N|||||||||R|R
4|R|R|R|||Z1|||||||||D||R|R|R|R
5|R|R||||||||F|||||||R|R|R|R
6|R|R||C||||Z2|C'|||||||||R|R|R
7|R|R|||||||||S||S|S|S|S|S|R|R|R
8|R|R|R|R|R|R|||S|S|S|U||S|S|S|S|R|R|R
9|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|S|S||||||||R|R|R
10|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|||Z3|||||||R|R|R
11|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|||||Z4|||Z5|||R|R
12|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R||||||||||R|R
13|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R||||Z6|||R|R|R
14|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R||||||R|R|R
15|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|||R|R|R|R|R[/table]

Tyrael
2010-05-08, 01:14 AM
Davian Fallstar

Davian jogs towards the zombies, a bit slow on the uptake.

Double-Move to L9.

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-05-08, 07:20 AM
Naim

Realizing that his oh so brilliant ranged tactics weren't going to work all that well Naim decides to put his crossbow away and save his bolts. Then he moves closer to the creatures that he just see and yells at them Cower before the awesome might that is I. Will flinging wide his arms and brandishing his holy symbol... himself! For he worships no power other than his own and is therefore his own holy symbol.

Naim moves to H4 and attempts a to rebuke (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/specialAttacks.htm#turnOrRebukeUndead) all undead within 60 feet.
[roll0]
[roll1]
If the rolls go well and I can rebuke any of the zombies they cower in awe for 10 rounds and that gives everyone a +2 to hit them, so long as I don't try to get any closer to them than 10ft.
EDIT: Well damn, that failed horribly.

Stats

Rebuke attempts:7/10
No spells used yet.

Ernir
2010-05-08, 07:37 AM
The Den of Evil

"Fleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh."

Zombie 1 charges C'kthak (F4->H5): [roll0] for [roll1]
Zombie 2 attacks C'kthak: [roll2] for [roll3]
Zombie 3 attacks Davian: [roll4] for [roll5]
Zombie 4 takes a 5' step (M11->L10) and attacks Davian: [roll6] for [roll7]
Zombie 5 charges Uru (P11->M9): [roll8] for [roll9], provokes AoO
Zombie 6 charges Davian (O13->M10): [roll10] for [roll11]

Result:
Z4 hits Davian for 2 damage, takes 2 damage itself.
Z5 hits Uru for for 6 damage, takes 2 damage itself.
Z6 hits Davian for 5 damage, takes 2 damage itself.

Map:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/DenofEvil1.png

Ernir
2010-05-08, 07:51 AM
The Den of Evil

Naimhdeach announces his power, which does nothing.

Tyrael
2010-05-08, 08:50 AM
Davian Fallstar

The armored knight is bleeding very heavily from a gash in his neck, dreching his armor as he sways on his feet. Davian crouches back, holding out his shield arm wearily as he defends himself.

Full-Round Action: Total Defense.
AC: 16
HP: 3

Jarian
2010-05-08, 10:19 AM
Uru

Uru whips his spear toward the face of the charging zombie before it can hit him. He then unleashes a quick rain of blows on the already damaged zombies, then takes a careful step backwards.

AoO: [roll0] for [roll1]

Longspear flurry on Z-3, swapping second attack for an unarmed strike on Z-5 if the first one kills it.

[roll2] for [roll3]
[roll4] for [roll5] or [roll6]

Unarmed strike is slashing damage in the event that the first one connects.

5-ft step north one square.

peterpaulrubens
2010-05-08, 10:53 AM
Tessa

Tessa drops her bow and gets her spear ready, moving to engage the enemy.

Drop the bow in M2, pull her spear out, move to M7.

senrath
2010-05-08, 11:11 AM
Lysenko

Lysenko moved forwards a bit, trying to reveal more zombies with his illumination. C'kthak repeated his attack on the zombie infront of him.

Lysenko moves to M4, still taking a Total Defense action. C'kthak attempts to bite Z2.

[roll0][roll1] bite attack. Note that bite attacks do piercing, slashing AND bludgeoning, so it will overcome standard zombie damage reduction.

Ernir
2010-05-08, 03:08 PM
The Den of Evil

Uru finishes stabbing the zombie to pieces, and finishes off his assault with a massive chop on another. C'kthak takes a chunk out of the third (Z2) with a bite, and the whole party repositions.

This round, so far:
Z3 goes down, Z5 gets 8 points of damage, Z2 gets 10.

Total:
Z1: 1 point of damage
Z2: 10 damage
Z3: DOWN
Z4: 2 damage
Z5: 2 + 8 damage
Z6: 2 damage

Map:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/DenofEvil2.png

Tavar
2010-05-08, 04:49 PM
Forsaken

Feeling rather foolish, Forsaken belatedly moves up to help the bug with the zombies.

5ft step to I5. Attack Z1.
[roll0]
[roll1] blugeoning damage, 2 acid damage.

Ernir
2010-05-09, 08:58 AM
The Den of Evil

Forsaken catches up with the rest, and the mindless undead keep hammering on the last things that caught their attention.

"Booooooooooh"

Z1 attacks Naimhdeach: [roll0] for [roll1]
Z2 attacks C'kthak: [roll2] for [roll3]
Z4 attacks Davian: [roll4] for [roll5]
Z5 attacks Davian: [roll6] for [roll7]
Z6 attacks Davian: [roll8] for [roll9]

Summary:
Naimhdeach hit for 4 damage, Z1 takes 2 damage
C'kthak hit for 2 damage, Z2 takes 2 damage

Zombie damage totals:
Z1: 7 damage
Z2: 12 damage
Z5: 10 damage

Map:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/DenofEvil3.png

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-05-09, 11:03 AM
Naim

Well that was mildly annoying, and more to the point for you very impertinent! Naim burst out as he furiously draws his axe, which he is fervently hoping will prove as useful as last time. And now, my oh so intellectually stimulating friend, it is time for you to take your medicine!

Move: Draw my greataxe
Standard: ATTACK!!! [roll0]
[roll1]
EDIT: Oh wow, I hope that hit... that's a lot of wonderful slashing goodness:smallbiggrin:

Stats

HP: 5/9
No spells used yet.

Tavar
2010-05-09, 11:12 AM
Forsaken

After Naim ='s obviously effective hit, Forsaken changes targets, trying to free up the bug.

Attack z2.
[roll0]
Damage[roll1] Blugeon damage, +2 acid damage.

If the zombie falls, he'll then move to M8.

Also, shouldn't the zombies have all missed Davian? He took a total defense action, and raised his AC to 16

Ernir
2010-05-09, 12:59 PM
The Den of Evil

Zombie 1 takes one last stupid look at Naimhdeach before it is chopped to pieces. Forsaken switches to the other zombie, but misses.

Oops, yes, those attacks should all have missed. Remembered the new armor, forgot the total defense. Edited in above. :smallsigh:

Also,
New Map = Old Map minus Z1.

senrath
2010-05-09, 01:00 PM
Lysenko

Screeching in pain, C'kthak attempted, once more, to cleave the zombie in front of him in two. Lysenko moved to reinforce Uru and Davian.

Lysenko moves to L6 and takes a Total Defense action, while C'kthak attacks Z2.

[roll0][roll1] Attack on Z2

Beetle HP: 3/6

Tyrael
2010-05-09, 06:35 PM
Davian Fallstar

As the zombies' attacks bounce off his shield, Davian pulls back, wounded and bleeding heavily.

Full-Round Action: Withdraw to L6.

Jarian
2010-05-09, 07:26 PM
Uru

Uru steps toward the zombies massing around Davian and proceeds with the pain-bringing. Even though zombies don't feel pain. Yeah.

5-ft step south, U.S. Flurry on Z-5, whip out the longspear and stab Z-6 if Z-5 dies on the first attack.

[roll0] for [roll1]
[roll2] for [roll3] or [roll4]

Ernir
2010-05-09, 08:18 PM
The Den of Evil

Davian retreats, heavily wounded, but the wave of zombies is getting thinner. Uru manages to chop another in two.

Some stuff:
Davian and Lysenko both claimed square L6, since Lysenko came first, I put Davian in an adjacent square for now.
Tessa is climbing. She can't perform tasks requiring both hands, and she needs a climb check to get out of the square she's occupying.

Zombie damage totals:
Z2: 12 damage

Map:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/DenofEvil4.png
I am a bit on the run, so please excuse any errors. Like me forgetting to update the light radius.

Jarian
2010-05-09, 11:58 PM
Uru

Uru continues with his strategy of "chop chop".

5-ft step south, U.S. Flurry on Z-6, switching to Z-4 if Z-6 dies.

[roll0] for [roll1]
[roll2] for [roll3]

peterpaulrubens
2010-05-10, 12:09 PM
Tessa

Tessa scrambles up the slope and tries to take a poke at a zombie.

Climb [roll0] to M8, stab at Z6 (or Z4 if Uru killed it). Full Power Attack [roll1] to-hit, [roll2] damage.

Ernir
2010-05-10, 03:53 PM
The Den of Evil

The last zombie facing the upper combatants manages a great hit against C'kthak, his exoskeleton audibly cracking. C'kthak is down! Uru and Tessa do their best to hold the gap against the next wave of attacks, and Uru is hit once. In return, they manage to hack yet another zombie to pieces.

Z2 attacks the bug: [roll0] for [roll1]
Z4 takes a 5' step north, attacks Uru: [roll2] for [roll3]
Z6 takes a 5' step north, attacks Tessa: [roll4] for [roll5]

Summary:
Tessa hits Z6 for 3 damage
Z2 hits C'kthak, brings him down, receives 2 damage itself
Z4 hits Uru, 6 damage, receives 2 damage itself
(New round begins)
Uru hits Z6 for 7 damage

Zombie damage total:
Z2: 14 damage
Z4: 4 damage

Map: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/DenofEvil5.png

Tavar
2010-05-10, 04:18 PM
Forsaken

Forsaken attacks once again.

[roll0]
Damage[roll1] +2 acid damage

After attack, swtich aura to Vigor. Everyone gains fasthealing 1. Also, if zombie is knocked down, move to L7

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-05-10, 04:23 PM
Naim

My my my... I may have to name this thing. Muses Naim as he attempts to wipe some of the goo off his blade. Looking around and seeing that the others probably have things well in hand Naim decides that he should take care of #1 for a bit.

Free: Drop my axe
Move: Retrieve a potion of CLW
Standard: Drink it and I'll roll the healing in the OOC thread since I can't edit in a roll.

Stats

HP: 7/9
No spells used yet.

peterpaulrubens
2010-05-10, 04:32 PM
Tessa

Tessa moves to poking distance and tries to bring down the other zombie. "DIE AGAIN, FOUL BEAST!"

5' step to N9 and attack Z4. Full PA [roll0] to hit, [roll1] damage.

Ernir
2010-05-10, 04:51 PM
The Den of Evil

Forsaken bashes in the zombie's skull with a crack and what sounds like a sizzle, as the flesh where the hammer hits dissolves slightly. Naimhdeach was ready to strike it as well, but the thing was dead before the blow could land.

Naimhdeach can redirect the action to something more productive.

Tessa misses.

Only one zombie left (Z4). It has been dealt 4 points of damage.

Map:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/DenofEvil6.png

Regarding illumination: The only remaining zombie is indeed illuminated.

senrath
2010-05-11, 03:18 PM
Lysenko

Lysenko focuses on defending himself, despite the number of allies between him and the zombies.

Total defense.
Beetle HP: -2/6

Ernir
2010-05-11, 04:54 PM
Davian

Davian, heavily wounded, tries to catch his breath again, keeping an eye on the last zombie.

Takes total defense action.

The Den of Evil

The last zombie tries once more to hit Uru, apparently oblivious to there not being any way out of this for him.

Attack: [roll0] for [roll1]

Miss!

Map and zombie HP remain unchanged.

Tavar
2010-05-11, 06:06 PM
Forsaken

Forsaken, knowing that his weapon is less than effective against the creature before him, attempts to simply limit it's options, making things easier for Uru.

5ft step to M8,
Aid another; [roll0]. If 10 or greater, Uru gets +2 to attack.

Also, those within 30ft have fasthealing 1, up to half their hp+1

peterpaulrubens
2010-05-11, 06:33 PM
Tessa

"Time to join your comrades!" says Tessa as she stabs at the last zombie with all her might.

Full Power Attack, to-hit [roll0], damage [roll1]

Jarian
2010-05-11, 06:49 PM
Uru

Uru shoots Tessa an annoyed look, then pokes the zombie. Just in case. Never can be too sure with those undead types.

Flurry, including Aid Another bonus.

[roll0] for [roll1]
[roll2] for [roll3]

Ernir
2010-05-11, 10:01 PM
The Den of Evil

With a combined effort, Forsaken, Tessa and Uru bring down the last zombie. Victory for team good!

Loot!

The zombies were those of commoners, and you don't find much of value on them. Combined value: [roll0] GP.

The corpse of the rogue, on the other hand, is rather better stocked.
[roll1] GP
1x Masterwork studded leather
1x Masterwork longsword (Was stuck in her back. Ew.)
2x daggers
1x Thieves' tools

Tyrael
2010-05-12, 12:30 AM
Davian Fallstar

With a grunt, Davian pulls the longsword out of the Rogue's back and turns it over in the light, inspecting it. The handle is wrapped in a rich red leather, and the hilt is inscribed with the word veneratio.

"Maker's Breath!" he exclaims. "A fine blade indeed...this word on the hilt...."honor", if my recollection of the church tongue is correct..."

After wiping the blood off of it, he holds it aloft. "Very well, then...Before the eyes of the Maker and all here, I proclaim that I shall do my best to fight on in this girl's memory, to uphold honor and integrity wherever I can and to always fight honorably myself. O Plasmator," he prays, "succurro mihi pugno per veneratio quod tribuo mihi vires neco meus hostilis."

The blade glows with a holy light, and he whips it around in a few test cuts, grinning as it seems to slice through the air itself. He then sheathes the blade with a satisfied nod.

Taking the "Honor" Mantle of Faith for level 2, which gives me +CHA bonus to attacks as long as I never feint, trip, or flank someone in combat.

peterpaulrubens
2010-05-12, 09:32 AM
Tessa

Tessa retrieves her bow.

Tavar
2010-05-12, 02:18 PM
Forsaken

Walking over to the rogue's corpse, Forsaken wipes as much of the grime off his hammer as best he can as he can. Reaching the former rogue, he first attempts to remove her from the pole, then settles for simply closing her eyes, while saying a quick prayer.
You deserve better than this, brave one, but you're equipment will aid us in our time of need, and for that find joy.
Straightening, he observes Davian's little display, and gives a slight snort and shake of his head.
Well then, you won't mind lending me you're old sword? It's it's zombies that we're going to fight, might come in handy.

Jarian
2010-05-12, 03:23 PM
Uru

Uru walks around poking the re-dead undead corpses with his spear. Never can be too sure.

Tyrael
2010-05-12, 06:23 PM
Davian Falsltar

The Paladin nods and hands his old sword to Forsaken.

"Onwards!" he proclaims.

Ernir
2010-05-13, 12:17 PM
The Den of Evil

Your party keeps walking through the dungeon, as out of the darkness a large, hideous, hairy beast comes charging, and tries to bring its huge fists down on Uru.

"Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!"
http://classic.battle.net/images/battle/diablo2exp/images/animations/bestiary/act1/wendigo.gif

Behind it you see two rather scared-looking Fallen holding greatclubs, trailing the beast.Gargantuan Beast: Charges Uru. [roll0] for [roll1]
Fallen: Take the positions shown on the map.

Map:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/DenofEvil8.png

peterpaulrubens
2010-05-13, 12:22 PM
Tessa

Tessa is wielding her spear this time, the bow will stay slung until she actually has a reason not to go melee. She attacks the shaggy beast.

Move into range (if she's not next to Uru already) or 5' step away to reach range if needed, and attack the Gargantuan. Full Power Attack [roll0] to-hit, [roll1] damage.

Edit: bah cross-posted with the map. Move to E9. Nice miss. :smallfurious:

senrath
2010-05-13, 12:36 PM
Lysenko

Crying out a word of arcane power, a wolf winked into existence behind the lumbering behemoth and proceeded to try and bite the creature. At the same moment C'kthak lunged forwards, intent on taking a chunk out of the creature as well.

Summon Nature's Ally I to summon a wolf at H10, which then attacks G. C'kthak moves to H7 and attacks as well.

Wolf:[roll0][roll1]
C'kthak:[roll2][roll3]

Subtract 2 from the Wolf's attack roll if C'kthak goes splat before he can flank.

Wolf Current AC: 14
Wolf HP: 17/17

Beetle HP: 4/6

Lysenko HP: 20/22

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-05-13, 12:39 PM
Naim

Holding his hand aloft, fingers splayed Naim glares at these new oponents and shouts Seien zurückhaltend!*

I cast Bane. It effects all enemies within 50ft, if they fail a DC 14 will save they have a -1 to attack rolls and saves against fear effects for er... 20 rounds (2 minutes).

Stats

HP: 16/18
Spells left: 3/4

That translates (roughly) to "Be cautious/hesitant" from German. I like to be somewhat creative with verbal components, though usually I make it into a joke. I couldn't think of anything funny this time though...

Ernir
2010-05-13, 01:35 PM
The Den of Evil

Tessa steps around the beast while the other spellcasters do their magic.
In the darkness, she can't see where it came from, but from somewhere further in the tunnel, a blast of fire appears, and heads straight for her.
Someone with the voice of a Fallen shouts "CALENZO!" as the blast goes off.

Readied action goes off!
Fireball touch attack: [roll0] for [roll1]

Will saves:
Gargantuan beast: [roll2]
F1: [roll3]
F2: [roll4]

I assume 'kthak is readying for the appearance of the wolf?

Map:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/DenofEvil9.png]

Tavar
2010-05-13, 01:46 PM
Forsaken

Forsaken takes a deep breath, but when he releases it, it's not air, but acid, rushing forth in a line. He then moves closer to the beast, trying to divert it's attention.

Breath weapon in a line, catching the Beast and F2. It deals [roll0] acid damage, Ref save dc 14 for half.
5ft step to G7, sift action to gain 1 Temp HP.

All allies within 30ft gain Fast Healing 1 if they are at or below 1/2 health.

Tyrael
2010-05-13, 02:17 PM
Davian Fallstar

Davian grimaces and gulps down a potion, readying himself for another fight as he steps forward, shield held high.

Standard Action: Drink a Potion of Cure Light Wounds. [roll0]
Move Action: 5ft step to F7.

Jarian
2010-05-13, 03:45 PM
Uru

"Holy f***!" Uru shouts, gargling blood and trying to count just how many of his ribs snapped. "Uru not getting paid enough for this!"

He takes a few parting shots against the Uru-Smasher, then steps away from it and draws a potion from his belt.

Longspear flurry, 5-ft NW, shift spear to one hand, then draw a potion of CLW.

[roll0] for [roll1]
[roll2] for [roll3]

Ernir
2010-05-13, 05:17 PM
The Den of Evil

Forsaken and Uru return the assault furiously, leaving the beast with two holes in its chest, fur that's melting down... but still howling. The Fallen behind it makes an altogether less impressive squeal of pain when it's hit by the acid. C'kthak and the wolf join the attack, but they don't manage to penetrate its hide.

Desperate and dying, the beast retaliates.

Attack of opportunity against Davian for drinking a potion within the gargantuan beast's threatened area: [roll0] for [roll1]
Gargantuan beast attacks C'kthak: [roll2] for [roll3]
Gargantuan beast attacks Forsaken: [roll4] for [roll5]
F2 attacks the wolf: [roll6] for [roll7]
F1 retreats into the darkness to the east
Another bolt of fire is shot at Tessa: [roll8] for [roll9]

Result: Forsaken takes 19 points of damage. Hooray for poor rolls. :smalltongue:
Map:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/DenofEvil10.png

Tyrael
2010-05-13, 05:25 PM
Davian Fallstar

Nearly choking on his potion in surprise, Davian ducks a swipe from the beast's shockingly long arm. Still coughing slightly, he draws his sword again and hacks at the creature valiantly.

Missed me! :smallamused:
Move Action: Draw sword
Standard Action: [roll0], [roll1]

peterpaulrubens
2010-05-13, 05:29 PM
Tessa

Tessa stabs at the beast, wary of how to position her enemies between her and the fire-shooting creature in the dark.

Full Power Attack on Gargantuan, [roll0] to-hit, [roll1] damage. If that kills the beast, 5' step to E10, if not, 5' step to E8.

Edit: bah. Just... bah.

Ernir
2010-05-13, 06:21 PM
The Den of Evil

Davian steps forward, and in a single swipe, takes the beast's head off. It be dead!

Where will Tessa's 5' step be, then?

peterpaulrubens
2010-05-13, 06:45 PM
Where will Tessa's 5' step be, then?In that case it's to E10.

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-05-13, 06:46 PM
Naim

Naim moves to a better position to engage the remaining enemies and tries to figure some stuff out.

I move to D10 and try to figure out what spell's being cast (since I heard the verbal component). [roll0] (against DC 15+spell level)
I guess name doesn't know a lot of stuff, cuz every time I try to figure anything out I apparently get distracted... Maybe contemplating the vast emptiness of the universe... or maybe his toes.

Stats

Tavar
2010-05-13, 07:01 PM
Forsaken

Forsaken holds back, regaining his strength, and settling to a defensive stance.

I'll let my aura heal me for now. Currently at 3 Hp. Taking the total defense action, so my AC jumps to 24.

Oh, and what's with these guys hitting my AC exactly? Stupid ties favoring the roller...

Oh, and because I forgot to do it last round, [roll0] rounds until my breathe weapon's back.

Jarian
2010-05-13, 07:34 PM
Uru

Uru assumes the fetal position and cries tries to defend himself from any ranged attack.

5-ft step to F-4, drop prone, Total Defense. Still holding the potion.

senrath
2010-05-14, 11:21 AM
Lysenko

Focusing on defense, both Lysenko and C'kthak rushed forwards.

Both Lysenko and C'kthak will take a total defense action, then move. Lysenko to G8, and C'kthak to I11. The Wolf has already acted for this turn.

Ernir
2010-05-14, 12:37 PM
The Den of Evil

As Lysenko and C'kthak move further in, the source of the fireballs is illuminated. A Fallen stands in the shadows, but this one is obviously holds some sort of special status for them - this one carries in one hand a long, curved blade, but in the other, a long staff decorated with a rotting flag.
The flag-bearer shoots another fireball from the tip of his staff, and the other Fallen attack as well.

Naim: You are actually fairly sure that what you heard wasn't the verbal component of a spell.

Fallen 1: moves to J11, attacks C'kthak: [roll0] for [roll1]
Fallen 2: 5' to F11, attacks Tessa: [roll2] for [roll3]
Shaman: Fireball on Naim: [roll4] for [roll5]

Map:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/DenofEvil11.png

Tavar
2010-05-14, 12:44 PM
Forsaken

Getting a good look at the enemy, Forsaken charges, hoping to bring the pain.

Charge to J10.

Damage1d8+2[/roll]
Ac is 18 for 1 round.

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-05-14, 12:53 PM
Naim

Ow! That hurt damn it! Naim yelps, patting a few smoldering spots on his robe. He steps up to the minion in his path and shouts Get out of my way! taking a swing at him with his axe.

I move E11 and [roll0] for [roll1] damage. EDIT: Brainhew no! How could you fail me so!?

Stats

HP: 11/18

peterpaulrubens
2010-05-14, 01:21 PM
Tessa

Tessa steps to spear range and attacks her foe.

5' step to D11 and attack F2, [roll0] to-hit, [roll1] damage.

Ernir
2010-05-14, 01:55 PM
The Den of Evil

Forsaken and Tessa splat one Fallen each, and Naimhdeach does something rather vague with his axe.

I'm on my way out the door, map update pending.

Tyrael
2010-05-14, 02:31 PM
Davian Fallstar

The Paladin pulls his sword out of the beast's skull with a grunt, wipes it clean on the thing's fur, then stands quietly and tends to his wounds.

Standard Action: Lay on Hands for 3HP, most of my healing for the day. >.< Now back to full 13 HP.

senrath
2010-05-14, 03:28 PM
Lysenko

Both the Wolf and C'kthak charge at the fireball-slinging fallen, intent on its demise. Lysenko moves forwards as well, although he still focuses on defense.

C'kthak charges to M11, Wolf charges to M10. Both attempt to take a bite out of the shaman. Lysenko takes a Total Defense action and moves to I11.

Wolf:[roll0][roll1]
C'kthak:[roll2][roll3]

Wolf Current AC: 12

Beetle Current AC: 14

Jarian
2010-05-14, 03:44 PM
Uru

Uru sheds manly tears of manliness as he continues healing from Forsaken's aura.

Maintain position, Total Defense. Soak up that Fast Healing goodness while I can.

Ernir
2010-05-15, 10:06 AM
The Den of Evil

Lysenko's wolf leaps on the shaman, and rips its throat out.
"Gwaaaaghgrrlrlrl!"

Loot!

From the Fallen:
2x greatclubs
1x knife

From the Shaman:
1x masterwork kukri
1x quarterstaff + flag

The Gargantuan beast was naked. :smalltongue:

A few feet away from where the shaman was killed, you find a chest! As you soon find out, it is locked. There are little claw marks surrounding the lock, as if Fallen have been trying to get this thing open for some time.

Jarian
2010-05-15, 12:45 PM
Uru

Uru stands up once he's reasonably certain all the hurties have gone away, and quaffs his potion. He then approaches the chest and cracks his huge knuckles.

"You want Uru should break it open?"

Last CLW potion for [roll0] from half+1 HP.

Uru can smash the chest, or attempt to break the lock. Breaking it is less likely unless everyone uses Aid Another on him, since locks tend to be pretty heavy duty.

peterpaulrubens
2010-05-16, 02:55 PM
Tessa

Tessa braces the chest to let Uru try to break it.

Aid Another [roll0]

Jarian
2010-05-16, 03:13 PM
Uru

Uru puts his hands on the lock and squeezes really, really hard.

Take 20 on Strength check for a result of 26+2 from Aid Another = 28. Lock breakage?

Ernir
2010-05-16, 05:30 PM
The Den of Evil

Uru gives the chest a mighty smash, and with a loud *CRACK*, its contents are revealed.

Inside is a greataxe, lying in a pile of gold pieces. As you pick up the axe, you notice it being surprisingly warm to the touch compared to the gold pieces it lay next to, but comfortably so.

Your first magic weapon! And 333 GP.

Encounter, coming up.

Ernir
2010-05-16, 07:07 PM
The Den of Evil

Your party goes deeper into the Den of Evil after dealing with the Gargantuan Beast and smashing the chest. You have gone on for a small while, when Uru notices something dangerous as you are entering a rather large chamber. Behind a small rock formation, a Fallen is hiding. A Fallen with a wide grin on his face.
From the darkness, the voice of a Fallen shouts "SURPLISE!". Torches are lit, illuminating the chamber, and it starts raining rocks, and someone launches a Fireball. Davian gets a pebble in the eye.

Fallen get a surprise round on you. Only Uru can act.

F1 throws at Davian [roll0] for 1
F3 throws at Davian [roll1] for 1
F5 throws at Uru [roll2] for 1
F6 throws at Uru [roll3] for 1
F10 throws at Forsaken [roll4] for 1
S3 shoots Fireball at Uru [roll5] for [roll6]

Result: 5 damage on Uru, 2 damage on Davian due to the critical hit. :smalltongue:

Map:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/DenofEvil12.png
Illumination is not an issue right now, half of them are holding lit torches.
The "Rug" is made out of a Gargantuan beast.
The Bs are beds, you see no one in them.
There are probably the remains of a fireplace around there somewhere, too. :smalltongue:

The two small rock outcroppings provide cover. The "ridge" stretching across the chamber is a mini-cliff, 10' high. S1 and S2 have the higher ground. As before, these require a Climb check to navigate.

Tyrael
2010-05-16, 07:35 PM
Davian Fallstar

"Argh!" Wincing, Davian rubs at his eye and charges towards the nearest creatures.

Double-moving to M16.

Jarian
2010-05-16, 07:53 PM
*scrubbed due to tactical deficiencies*

Jarian
2010-05-16, 07:58 PM
Uru

"Waaaaaah! No hurt Uru! Uru give you lots of shinies if you no hurt Uru!"

Having debased himself completely, Uru flings his arms up around his head and cries.

Total Defense.

Ernir
2010-05-16, 08:22 PM
The Den of Evil

The throng of Fallen advances.

"Rakanishu!"
"QARK!"
"Oa 'ere!"

F1 picks up another rock, moves to M16, throws rock at Davian [roll0] for 1
F2 moves to I14, throws torch at C'Tblargiblarg [roll1] for 1 + 1 fire damage
F3 picks up another rock, moves to L15, throws rock at Forsaken [roll2] for 1
F4 moves to G13, throws torch at Uru [roll3] for 1 + 1 fire damage
F5 throws rock at Forsaken [roll4] for 1
F6 throws rock at Forsaken [roll5] for 1
F7 moves to L8
F8 moves to L13
F9 moves to L7
F10 picks up another rock, moves to I12
S3 moves to M10, shoots Forsaken with a fireball [roll6] for 1d6

Those hit by a Torch must roll a DC 15 reflex save or catch fire.

Summary:
Davian takes 1 damage
Buggy takes 2 damage and must roll a DC 15 reflex save
Forsaken takes 3 damage
Map:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/DenofEvil13.png

Jarian
2010-05-16, 08:31 PM
Uru

Uru looks at the swarm of Fallen advancing through eyes still swimming with tears.

"Uru really not getting paid enough for this..." he mutters, running to the east to take cover behind one of the columns.

Move to M-17, Tumbling [roll0] past the threatened square. He then stabs at stuff in his reach. Unarmed strikes on F-1, Longspear on F-3.

[roll1] for [roll2]
[roll3] for [roll4] or [roll5]

Tavar
2010-05-16, 09:34 PM
Forsaken

Come on! Do you want to live forever?

Taking his words to heart, Forsaken joins the fray, attempting to bash one of the Forsaken down on his way to the Shamans.

Move to I 15, attack F2.
[roll0]
[roll1]
Swift action to gain 1 Temp HP.

Vigor aura. All allies within 30ft gain fast healing 1 if below half health.

senrath
2010-05-16, 11:05 PM
Lysenko

"Well, living forever would be nice." Lysenko said before he began muttering incantations and drawing arcane symbols, preparing another summons.

C'kthak screeched in agony as it was struck with the torch and burst into flame. It then rushed at one of the fallen and attempted to take its vengeance.

Summoning another Wolf at H16. C'kthak will charge to H15 and attack F2, assuming it's not taken to negatives by bursting into flame.

[roll0][roll1]

Beetle HP: 3/6 (minus whatever bursting into fire does)

peterpaulrubens
2010-05-17, 11:33 AM
Tessa

Tessa brandishes her shiny new weapon and screams a battle cry, charging the Fallen.

Trying to take a little heat off of Uru....

Move to K16 and attack F3. [roll0] to-hit, [roll1]. Add in whatever properties the magic axe has.

Ernir
2010-05-17, 11:50 AM
The Den of Evil

Forsaken and Uru start the assault by splatting three Fallen. The cave is going to be red with their blood before this is over.

F1, F2 and F3 are dead.

Senrath and Tyrael, would you like to revise your actions? The Fallen the bug was going to charge is dead, and the Fallen surrounding the place Davian meant to move to are now dead.
(Tyrael's should have been parsed first, but I held because there was someone in that space after the Fallens' first turn.)

Oh, and I forgot. Creatures on fire take damage instantly, not just on the following rounds.
Fire damage for buggy: [roll0]

Map:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/DenofEvil14.png

Tyrael
2010-05-17, 12:54 PM
Davian Fallstar

Davian runs forward and hacks at the closest Fallen.

Uh, what happened to my move action to M16? :smallconfused: Oh, well.

Move Action: Move to H15
Standard Action: [roll0],[roll1]

Ernir
2010-05-17, 02:44 PM
The Den of Evil

Davian steps forward, and another Fallen lives up to its name.

Map:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/DenofEvil15.png

peterpaulrubens
2010-05-17, 02:47 PM
Tessa

Same as above, but moving to H13 and attacking F10

Ernir
2010-05-17, 03:50 PM
The Den of Evil

To Tessa's surprise and delight, the axe's blade bursts into flame as she swings the weapon, causing the Fallen's wounds to cauterize even though it was split in two.
The Fallen did not appreciate it.

Map:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/DenofEvil16.png

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-05-18, 02:27 AM
Naim

In an attempt to better utilize his open surroundings Naim moves to the enemy's other flank.

Double move to O15.

Stats

Ernir
2010-05-18, 11:08 AM
The Den of Evil

You had heard rumors, but now they have been confirmed - the shamans of the Fallen have power over the life and death of their minions. One of the shamans raises his staff, and with a flash, one of the recently slain Fallen returns to life.

S1 shoots fireball at Tessa: [roll0] for [roll1] (+1 for higher ground)
S2 shoots fireball at Tessa: [roll2] for [roll3]
S3 raises F2 from the dead! And steps to L9.
F2 stabs Tessa while prone: [roll4] for [roll5]
F5 picks up another rock, throws it at Forsaken, 5's to G9: [roll6] for 1
F6 picks up another rock, 5's to square F9, throws it at Davian: [roll7] for 1
F7: *Total Defense*
F8 moves to N14, tries to stab Naim: [roll8] for [roll9] (Oops, but it missed anyway. :smalltongue:)
F9: *Total Defense*

Fire damage on C'kthak: [roll10]

Result:
Tessa takes 2 damage
C'kthak takes 1 damage

Map:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/DenofEvil17.png

Tavar
2010-05-18, 11:42 AM
Forsaken

Seeing an opprutunity, Forsaken hurries past the fallen nearby, leaving himself open to attack. Stopping just infront of the Beast Rug, he seemingly inhales, and a line of acid once again emerges.

Swift action, gain 1 TH
Move to L12.
Breath weapon deals [roll0] acid damage to S3, F7, and F9. REf save dc 14 for half.

peterpaulrubens
2010-05-18, 11:50 AM
Tessa

Tessa attacks the just-raised Fallen to send him back to his grave.

Attack F2: [roll0] to-hit, [roll1] damage. Add whatever magic the axe has.

If that kills the Fallen, 5' step to G12.

Tyrael
2010-05-18, 12:00 PM
Davian Fallstar

Davian runs around Tessa, heading towards the shaman that shook his staff. "FOUL NECROMANCY!" he roars. "THOU SHALT PURGE THE UNBELIEVER! DOMINUS ESPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!"

He pulls back his sword, preparing to strike.

Double-move 40ft to K10.

Ernir
2010-05-18, 02:50 PM
The Den of Evil

The Fallen that was just raised tries to slash at Forsaken's feet as he runs by, but Forsaken runs on to breathe a spray of acid over the fallen who were guarding the pass up. All three of them scream in pain as they collapse, their skin melting from their bones.
Tessa thanks the recently raised Fallen by chopping it down again, prone as it was, it had little way to defend itself. The axe's blade blazes again as she strikes.
Davian, valiantly shouting, runs towards the melee. But as he steps on the rug, something gives away - there was a concealed pit beneath the rug, and Davian falls in.

Davian falls down 20'! Falling damage: [roll0]

F2's last AoO before Tessa splatted it again: [roll1] for [roll2]

Map:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/DenofEvil18.png

peterpaulrubens
2010-05-18, 03:15 PM
Tessa

I should be in G12 per my conditional above.

Jarian
2010-05-18, 03:19 PM
Uru

Uru skirts the rug deep dark pit of deep dark death as he advances on the annoying little casters in the back of the cave. He brandishes his spear at one, still with the flag from outside tied to it with entrails.

Double move to L-7, avoiding threatened squares.

senrath
2010-05-18, 07:50 PM
Lysenko

As Lysenko's spell finished, a large wolf suddenly appeared in the middle of the room. It stood still for a moment, then charged off after one of the fallen. Lysenko himself then moved to engage as well, covering himself well.

Lysenko takes a Total Defense, then moves to I14. The Wolf appears at H16, moving to F10(square) and attacking F6(monster). C'kthak continues to smolder.

Wolf: [roll0][roll1]

Beetle HP: -1/6

Wolf HP: 15/15

Tyrael
2010-05-18, 09:01 PM
"Argh!" Davian winces as he wrenches his leg falling into a sudden hole. Hobbling slightly, he tries to climb his way out again.

[roll0]

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-05-19, 12:22 PM
Naim

Well that was effective, eh? Naim mocks his foe and then takes a swipe at him with recently not-so-mighty axe.

[roll0] F8 for [roll1] Damage.

Stats

Ernir
2010-05-19, 12:41 PM
The Den of Evil

One of the shamans raises another Fallen from the dead, the other lobs a ball of Fire at the now dangerously close Uru. The summoned Wolf appears, taking a huge bite out of one of the Fallen, who screams in pain, and the pair the wolf was facing runs away. And Naim cleaves the puny Fallen that attacked him in two.

S1: Raises F7 from the dead!
S2: Takes 5' step north, shoots fireball at Uru. [roll0] for [roll1]
F6: Withdraws to E6.
F5: Moves to J8, provokes AoO from the Wolf, picks up rock.
F7: Tries to set fire to Uru's pants! [roll2] for 1 + 1 fire damage.

Results:
Uru is hit for 6 damage.
Davian ascends 5' with the successful climb check, he has another move action remaning. 10' left to go (I say Davian's height gives 5' for free.).
The climb DC is 10. Would be 15, but having a corner to brace against reduces the DC by 5.

Map:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/DenofEvil19.png

senrath
2010-05-19, 12:48 PM
Lysenko

Snarling in fury, the wolf attempts to take a large chunk out of the fallen that dared to run away.

Wolf's AoO:
[roll0][roll1]

peterpaulrubens
2010-05-19, 12:51 PM
Tessa

Tessa moves to aid Uru, engaging his enemy so he can continue to the dangerous Shamans, and takes a mighty swing at the just-raised Fallen.

Move to K9, avoiding threatened squares, and attack F7. [roll0] to-hit, [roll1] damage.

Jarian
2010-05-19, 12:51 PM
Uru

"Uru could use a little help!"

Move to L-5, Tumbling [roll0].

Flurry of Blows for great justice!

Unarmed Strike on S-2: [roll1] for [roll2]
Unarmed Strike on S-2 or Longspear on S-1: [roll3] for [roll4] or [roll5]

Tavar
2010-05-19, 12:55 PM
Forsaken

Forsaken monkey moves to the nearest fallen.

double move to I9

senrath
2010-05-19, 01:05 PM
Lysenko

Lysenko moved quickly towards the enemy, while the wolf chased after one of the fallen that had run from it.

Forgot to do my actual turn alongside the AoO. Anyway, Lysenko does a double move to I10. The wolf moves to F7(square) and attacks F6(enemy). And I'm just gonna call C'kthak dead at this point. I can get another one later.

Wolf: [roll0][roll1]

Wolf HP: 15/15

Ernir
2010-05-19, 03:34 PM
The Den of Evil

The wolf misses its marks by inches each time, and the last shaman manages to dodge Uru's blows as well. Tessa sends the risen Fallen back where it just came from.

Map:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/DenofEvil20.png

Tyrael
2010-05-19, 06:03 PM
Davian Fallstar

Davian continues trying to climb out of the pit.

[roll0]

Ernir
2010-05-19, 10:01 PM
The Den of Evil

Davian pulls out a treacherously loose rock, sending him back towards the bottom of the pit. He is unbruised, although his dignity might not be.

Failure by 5 or more = fall. Oops.

Only Naim remaining this turn, right?

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-05-20, 10:34 AM
Naim

After his surge of vindictive glee abates somewhat Naim realizes that he's a bit behind, and attempts to catch up to his compatriots.

Double move to M5 (or M6 if I can't quite make that, I'm not sure I did my math right).

Stats

HP: 11/18

Ernir
2010-05-20, 01:31 PM
The Den of Evil

Overwhelmed, but not knowing any option but to fight, the Fallen try to strike back with everything they have.

F6 takes 5' step west, takes up a knife from the bunk it stands on, and stares at the wolf with shaky hands.
F5 tries to bull rush Tessa to L10, into the pit. Provokes AoO from both Tessa and Forsaken. If it survives those, Tessa must make a a DC [roll0] strength check or be knocked into the pit.
S1 shoots a fireball at Uru: [roll1] for [roll2]

Map:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/DenofEvil21.png

Jarian
2010-05-20, 01:40 PM
Uru

"Uru SMASH!" Uru shouts, stabbing at the Shaman. He promptly falls unconscious afterwards.

Longspear Flurry on the Shaman.

[roll0] for [roll1]
[roll2] for [roll3]

Taking a standard action at 0 hp knocks Uru to -1. He's now bleeding out.

Tavar
2010-05-20, 01:47 PM
Forsaken

As the fallen makes his attack, Forsaken attempts to crush it's skull in.

AOO:[roll0]
[roll1]

Jarian, you have fast healing 1, and auto-stabilize.

Tyrael
2010-05-20, 01:52 PM
Davian Fallstar

Grimacing, Davian tries to climb out again.

[roll0]

peterpaulrubens
2010-05-20, 02:17 PM
Tessa

AoO on the Fallen. I want to see how this goes before I actually make my move.

[roll0] to-hit, [roll1] damage

Ernir
2010-05-20, 03:15 PM
The Den of Evil

Uru takes a blast of fire to the face, nearly bringing him down. With his last strength, he impales the shaman who shot him with his spear, and they both collapse.

Davian successfully scales up to the height he had gotten to before his setback.

The crafty little Fallen manages to avoid the blows of both Tessa and Forsaken, and it clashes into Tessa. Unfortunately for the Fallen, Tessa is about twice his size and four times his weight, making his attack looks as much like an attempt to fondle her boobs as an attempt to push her into the pit.

Tessa can't fail that strength check. :smalltongue:

Remember, Tyrael, there are two climb checks each round, one for each move action. :smallsmile:

Map: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/DenofEvil22.png

peterpaulrubens
2010-05-20, 03:50 PM
Tessa

Tessa decides it's time for the pervy little Fallen to die, and whacks him with her axe.

[roll0] to hit, [roll1] damage. Add whatever magic bonuses the axe has. I suppose we should identify it someday..

Tyrael
2010-05-20, 03:57 PM
Oh, right. [roll0]

WOO NAT 20!!

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-05-20, 04:03 PM
Naim

Concerned for his fallen comrad Naim administers what help he can.

I'll take a full round action to trickle one of my CLW potions down Uru's thoat. [roll0]

Jarian
2010-05-20, 04:10 PM
Uru

"No mommy, Uru full..." the unconscious Uru mumbles.

Ernir
2010-05-20, 04:12 PM
The Den of Evil

Davian, climbing like he was born to do it, is within 5' of the pit's edge! The Fallen again somehow manages to not get itself splatted, and Uru regains consciousness under Naimhdeach's care.

Tavar
2010-05-20, 04:22 PM
Forsaken

Forsaken steps closer in an effort to separate the pervy Fallen and Tessa.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Ernir
2010-05-21, 10:06 PM
The Den of Evil

Forsaken hits the perv well, dealing it a significant blow, although it remains standing. It reels back slightly from the hit, trying to catch its footing - and falls backwards into the pit, just as Davian climbs out, landing at the bottom with a wet crunch. The last Fallen, realizing it is the only one left standing, ****s its loincloth and dies from fright.

I figured I might as well save us a real-time day here, and just let those zero threat Fallens die already. They weren't even in a great situation to escape.

Loot! This troop seems to have been rather lightly armed, this is what you find in the way of weaponry:
5x Bucklers
5x Daggers, thereof 2 masterwork ones
3x Masterwork kukris

Aside from that, you find a whole lot of junk the Fallen had been hoarding among the beds.

1x Bell
1x Caltrops (1 "dose", that is)
10' of chain (10 ft.)
1x Crowbar
1x Day's worth of firewood
1x Flint and steel
1x Grappling hook
1x Very simple lock
12x Clay Mugs
50' Hempen rope
6x Empty sack
1x Sewing needle
4x Shovel
13x Torch

GP totalling [roll0]

Tavar
2010-05-22, 01:46 PM
Forsaken
So...Uru, you all right?

Jarian
2010-05-22, 01:50 PM
Uru

"Uru has been better," Uru says, idly poking his finger into a hole seared completely through his arm. "Uru will not be falling for fire-tricks anymore."

Uru is on 26 of 39 hp. Don't really want to waste potions if we're going to be using the Town Portal any time soon.

Ernir
2010-05-25, 07:29 PM
The Den of Evil

After a trip back to the Rogue Encampment, your band is ready to delve once again into the Den of Evil. The night passed uneventfully, for once, the wilderness was silent. Perhaps you have already made a dent in the forces of Evil.

As you jump through the Town Portal you made the day before, a familiar environment greets you - along with familiar faces. The Fallen you killed the day before are standing again, but this time, they are rather slower, and their skin seems to have lost most of its normally vivid color.

"Blaaaaaaaaaaaaah."

Yay, the Fallen are zombies now.

Map:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/DenofEvil23.png

Jarian
2010-05-25, 07:33 PM
Uru

Uru just sighs and proceeds with the killing. Really, they should have seen this coming.

Move to J-9, Flurry of Blows.

Unarmed Strike on J-8: [roll0] for [roll1]
Unarmed Strike on J-8 or Longspear on Z-1: [roll2] for [roll3] or [roll4]

peterpaulrubens
2010-05-25, 07:47 PM
Tessa

Tessa follows Uru's lead and makes with the chopping. "Honestly.. have the courtesy to die and stay dead!"

Move to M10 around the south end of the pit, and attack Z3. [roll0] to hit, [roll1] damage.

Edit: oooh VERRAH nice. With slashing damage to boot.

Tyrael
2010-05-25, 07:59 PM
Davian Fallstar

"Foul beasts!" Davian cries in disgust, and rushes forward.

Full-Round Action: Charge!!! to square H9 and Smite Evil!
[roll0]
[roll1]

Ernir
2010-05-26, 04:02 PM
The Den of Evil

Those who happened to become front-liners this time around charge ahead, cutting into the zombie ranks. These are smaller than those you have encountered before, but they seem no less tough for it. All three manage to hit the undead, but they remain standing.

Zombie damage counter:
Z1: 11
Z2: 14
Z3: 11

Map:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/DenofEvil24.png

senrath
2010-05-26, 04:17 PM
Lysenko

Focusing on defense, both Lysenko and C'knask move forwards.

C'knask takes a Total Defense and moves to I10. Lysenko takes a Total Defense and moves to J10.

Lysenko HP: 33/33

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-05-26, 04:26 PM
Naim

Eager to engage the fascinating new/old enemy Naim moves forward.

Double move to N9.

Stats

HP: 20/20
Rebuke attempts:10/10
Spells left: 6/6

Tavar
2010-05-26, 05:30 PM
Forsaken

Drawing his longsword in favor of the hammer, Forsaken moves forward.

Double move to k9.

Energy shield aura active, dealing 4 acid damage to anyone who hits an ally within 30ft.

Ernir
2010-05-26, 06:50 PM
The Den of Evil

Live from the Den of Evil, we have a melee!

Z1 attacks Davian: [roll0] for [roll1]
Z2 attacks Uru: [roll2] for [roll3]
Z3 attacks Forsaken: [roll4] for [roll5]
Z4 moves to K8, provokes AoO from Forsaken and Uru
Z5 moves to L9, provokes AoO from Forsaken, Uru, and Tessa
Z6 moves to L7
Z7 moves to M9, provokes AoO from Forsaken, Uru, and Tessa
Z8 moves to L6

Summary:
Forsaken is hit for 1 damage.

Zombie damage counter:
Z1: 11
Z3: 15

Map:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/DenofEvil25.png

Yeah, this is Photobucket-cropped. :smalltongue:

Tyrael
2010-05-26, 07:58 PM
Davian Fallstar

The Paladin swings again at the zombie.

[roll0][roll1]

Jarian
2010-05-26, 08:07 PM
Uru

Uru whips his longspear toward the face of a carelessly shambling zombie, then performs some vaguely-realistic-but-probably-not-actually-possible chopchop-fu attacks on another.

AoO on Z-4 (longspear, I think?): [roll0] for [roll1]

Flurry of Blows, unarmed strikes on Z-4 or Z-2: [roll2] for [roll3]
[roll4] for [roll5]

Tavar
2010-05-26, 08:19 PM
Forsaken

Reacting quickly, Forsaken makes use of an opening to attack a zombie, but ends up overextending himself, allowing another creature to hit him. Pausing for a second, the aura of acid vanishes, replaced by a strengthening of limbs, and he attacks once more.

AOO on z5, or other target if it's already taken down.;[roll0]
Damage: [roll1], 4 of which is acid, the rest slashing

Swift action: Power Aura. Everyone within 30ft gains +2 damage on melee attacks. I also gain it on attack rolls.
Attack on z3
[roll2]
[roll3] Slashing.

peterpaulrubens
2010-05-26, 08:21 PM
Tessa

Tessa whack her enemies as they approach, and continues whacking as they stand.

AoO on Z5: [roll0] to-hit, [roll1] damage.

I don't get another AoO on Z7.

Attack on Z3 again, [roll2] to-hit, [roll3] damage.

Edit: bah crossposted with Tavar. If he took down Z5, I'll use my AoO on Z7. I guess his aura adds 2 to each of my damage rolls as well.

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-05-27, 12:35 PM
Naim

A little aghast at the sudden flood of hostiles Naim mutters to himself and his new axe Okay, flame on, or whatever. I hope this thing works. As he swings away at the closest zombie.

[roll0] on Z7 for [roll1] Slashing Damage and [roll2] Fire Damage EDIT: Oh, yeah and FMs +2, so that's 9 damage. Man, that sucks for a d12+d6... Oh well, next time:smallbiggrin:

Stats

HP: 20/20
Spells left: 6/6

Ernir
2010-05-27, 02:41 PM
The Den of Evil

The zombies meet a wall of steel as they try squeezing through the gap. The smell of day-old blood fills the air.

Zombie damage counter:
Z1: 21 - DOWN
Z3: 15
Z4: 18 - DOWN
Z5: 21 - DOWN
Z7: 9

Map:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/DenofEvil26.png

Tyrael
2010-05-27, 03:04 PM
Davian Fallstar

Stepping forward, Davian swings again!

5ft step to I8.
[roll0][roll1]

peterpaulrubens
2010-05-27, 03:17 PM
Tessa

Tessa attacks her enemies again.

Did a 21 attack roll (post #203 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8571185&postcount=203)) not hit Z3? Because it already had 11 damage (post #193 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8564044&postcount=193)), and if I hit again it would have a total of 28 damage (11 + 15 +2 more for Forsaken's aura on the second hit).

If Z3 isn't dead yet, attack him, otherwise 5' step to M11 and attack Z7.
Attack: [roll0] to-hit, [roll1] damage.

Ernir
2010-05-27, 06:43 PM
Tessa

Tessa attacks her enemies again.

Did a 21 attack roll (post #203 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8571185&postcount=203)) not hit Z3? Because it already had 11 damage (post #193 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8564044&postcount=193)), and if I hit again it would have a total of 28 damage (11 + 15 +2 more for Forsaken's aura on the second hit).

If Z3 isn't dead yet, attack him, otherwise 5' step to M11 and attack Z7.
Attack: [roll0] to-hit, [roll1] damage.

Right. I missed that attack, but that attack hit and splatted Z3. It's down.

Also, the new round isn't quite active yet, we still need Lysenko's action for this round.

senrath
2010-05-27, 07:43 PM
Lysenko

Holding his shield in front of him, Lysenko held still. C'knask lunged forwards and attempted to take a bite out of the nearest zombie.

Lysenko takes a Total Defense, C'knask moves to I9 and attacks Z2.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Ernir
2010-05-28, 04:25 PM
The Den of Evil

The zombies weakly flail in your general direction, resulting in some insignificant scratches.

Z2 attacks C'knask: [roll0] for [roll1]
Z3 attacks Forsaken: [roll2] for [roll3]
Z6 steps to K8, attacks Uru: [roll4] for [roll5]
Z7 attacks Naimhdeach: [roll6] for [roll7]
Z8 moves to L9, provokes AoOs from Uru (Longspear), Tessa and Forsaken

Zombie damage counter:
Z6: 0
Z8: 0

Yet to act this round:
Forsaken
Lysenko
Uru
Naimhdeach

Map:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/DenofEvil27.png

peterpaulrubens
2010-05-28, 04:31 PM
Tessa

Tessa swings at her enemy as it approaches.

AoO on Z8: [roll0] to hit for [roll1] slashing damage.

Jarian
2010-05-28, 04:50 PM
Uru

Uru takes advantage of a zombie's (even greater) lack of concentration on its defense, stabbing it with his longspear. He then punches another one in the mouth.

He's not a very nice orc.

AoO: [roll0] for [roll1]

Flurry of unarmed strikes on Z6/Z2: [roll2] for [roll3]
[roll4] for [roll5]

Note: Unarmed Strikes are slashing damage for Uru.

Ernir
2010-05-28, 05:05 PM
The Den of Evil

Davian splats his opponent easily.

Zombie damage counter:
Z6: 0
Z8: 8

Map:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/DenofEvil28.png

Tavar
2010-05-28, 06:16 PM
Forsaken

As the zombies crowd in, Forsaken strikes out twice, once to a split second opening, then a response to the other's attacks.

AOO[roll0] Damage [roll1]
Attack on Z8 [roll2] Damage [roll3]

senrath
2010-05-28, 06:42 PM
Lysenko

C'knask lashed out at the zombie in front of him.

Lysenko takes a Total Defense, C'knask attacks Z2.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Ernir
2010-05-29, 05:13 PM
The Den of Evil

Turns out that being reanimated did nothing to help the Fallens' combat ability. With steel, spear and in Uru's case, FIST, you tear the would-be attackers to pieces.

Your next daunting challenge is deciding where to go.
I redirected Forsaken's attack to Z7, seeing as it was the last one alive.

Loot!

Nothing. You have killed and looted this bunch before.

Tavar
2010-05-29, 05:22 PM
Forsaken

Looks like we have a choice about our untimely deaths, now. Anyone have a preference, or should we just flip a coin?

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-05-29, 05:26 PM
Looking at his fiery blade, Naim mutters aloud I think I'll just leave this thing on. Glancing around the cavern as if to ensure himself that there really are no more undead Naim says Well we probably should have expected that, Looking back to his compatriots he smiles just a little. So. Who wants to walk down teh creepy path in the cave full of undead first?

Ernir
2010-05-30, 06:00 PM
The Den of Evil

Your group makes its way east, ever deeper into the pit.

You have walked for several minutes when you encounter a light in front of you. Thinking you have found another cave of the Fallen, you rush forward.
To your surprise, you find that this is no huge group of rabble, but a well-equipped (for Fallen) team of warriors.

The demon blood is even more obvious in these Fallen than in most of their kin. Like all Fallen, they are red-skinned, small and scrawny. But on their backs they have seemingly functional wings, they have small horns on their foreheads, and their eyes burn with unholy fire. It are these eyes that provided the illumination you saw earlier.

And they move in to attack with fire and brimstone.

Fallen 1 moves to H8 and breathes a 15' cone of fire. It catches everyone but Forsaken. Damage [roll0]. You may roll a reflex save for half damage.
Fallen 2 moves to I5 and shoots a ray of fire at Uru. Touch attack [roll1] for [roll2] points of fire damage. Spellcraft DC 17 to identify.
Fallen 3 shoots a ray of fire at Tessa. Touch attack [roll3] for [roll4] points of fire damage. Spellcraft DC 17 to identify (yes, it's the same as the other. Durr).
Fallen 4 charges Davian with a glowing longsword it is holding. [roll5] for [roll6] damage + [roll7] fire damage.

Map:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/DenofEvil29.png
They are all technically flying, but the ceiling is only about 10' above the floor here, so they can't get out of reach.

The creatures are glowing a bit, so illumination is not really relevant.

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-05-30, 07:07 PM
Naim

Moving so that his friends are out of his line of fire Naim attempts to limit the effectiveness of the enemy. He points toward an enemy and a beam of coruscating light shoots from his finger.

Move to H13, avoiding threatened squares, and cast Ray of Enfeeblement at F4. [roll0]. If it hits [roll1] Strength Damage

Stats

HP: 26/27
Spells left: 5/6

peterpaulrubens
2010-05-30, 11:21 PM
Tessa

Tessa screams as the Fallen bathe her in fire. "You'll pay for that you little maggot!"

Reflex save: [roll0]
Spellcraft to identify the spell: [roll1]

Attack F1 with Arcane Channeled Shocking Grasp: [roll2] to-hit, [roll3] slashing damage, [roll4] electrical damage.

5' step to H9.

Tavar
2010-05-31, 12:15 AM
Forsaken
The sheer power of the enemies was a surprise to Forsaken, and for a moment his advance is checked. Then he chuckles, and charges the nearest one.
Today is a GOOD day to DIE!

Remember, Power Aura is up, so add 2 to your damage rolls if you're within 30ft.

Charge; if F1 is alive move to G8 and attack. If it's dead, move to H6 and attack F2. -2 to AC till my next turn.

Attack[roll0]
[roll1] Slashing damage.

Tyrael
2010-05-31, 01:36 AM
Davian

"Power Overwhelming!" Davian feels compelled to shout as he hacks down another little demon.

Attacking F4, [roll0], [roll1]

Ernir
2010-05-31, 04:09 PM
The Den of Evil

Naimhdeach's black ray hits the Fallen straight in the chest. Its shoulders sag, it lowers its blade, and it lands ungracefully as its wings can no longer support its weight.
Tessa and Forsaken gang up on the critter that breathed fire over the lot of you. Its skin is tougher than that of the Fallen you have encountered so far, but between the two of them, it goes down. Davian hits the one holding the sword.

Naim, do you have some sort of a CL booster among I can't see? Otherwise, I think that should be a 1d6+1 (one per two CLs, rounded down) strength penalty, not damage.
In either case, the above is the effect. :P

If the fluffy description is not clear - you were punching through some DR.

And since you two seem to have forgotten...
Reflex save for Naim: [roll0]
Reflex save for Davian: [roll1]
EDIT: You both fail the save. You take the point of damage.
(Tessa, on the other hand, succeeded.)

Map:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/DenofEvil30.png

Jarian
2010-05-31, 11:20 PM
Uru

"Uru not feeling so good again!" Uru cries, moving to engage his would-be killer and extract supremely orcish revenge. Perhaps a nice hat of skin or something.

Move to I...something. 6, I think? Map is cropped off.

Unarmed Strikes flurry of blows: [roll0] for [roll1]
[roll2] for [roll3]

Spellcraft: [roll4]

If this thing is casting spells, etc, it is aware that it cannot cast defensively in Uru's threatened spaces.

Edit: Since that Spellcraft passes, feel free to only mention spell names if it's anything other than Scorching Ray. :smalltongue:

Ernir
2010-06-01, 03:52 PM
The Den of Evil

Uru punches the Fallen in the chest, and its skin splits, leaving a wound. Made of tough stuff, that one.

Map:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/DenofEvil31.png

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-06-01, 04:56 PM
Naim

Stepping up to the only threat left in the immediate area Naim attempts to earn his new axe it's name.

5ft step to H12 and [roll0] for [roll1] Slashing Damage and [roll2] Fire Damage. Oh, and +2 from Fallen's aura brings it up to a total of 11 damage... Man I'm not doing great with the damage rolls this time around. 11 total damage out of 1d12+1d6+4? Gah!

Stats:

HP: 26/27

senrath
2010-06-01, 07:17 PM
Lysenko

C'knask lunged at the closest fallen, intent upon its destruction.

Lysenko takes a Total Defense, C'knask moves to G10 and uses Smite Evil on F4.

[roll0]

[roll1]
[roll2]

Ernir
2010-06-02, 03:39 PM
The Den of Evil

C'knask leaps on the Fallen and sucks its left eye clean out. It howls in pain, but has plenty of fighting spirit left in it. Which it proves by crawling around and breathing a cone of fire at you. The others do similarly friendly gestures.

C'knask is aware that his damage was reduced by damage reduction.

F2 attacks Uru back. [roll0] for [roll1] plus [roll2] fire damage.
[roll3] for [roll4] plus [roll5] fire damage.
F3 flies to I12 and does something resembling a spell. Davian, Tessa and Uru must roll Will saves. Spellcraft DC 17 to identify.
F4 5' steps to H12 and breathes fire on C'knask, Davian and Naim. [roll6] damage, reflex for half.

I completely forgot to confirm earlier - yes, that was a Scorching Ray that was cast. This time it's something different.

Map:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/DenofEvil32.png

Tyrael
2010-06-02, 04:15 PM
Davian

"Hah!" The Paladin cries as he slices at the demon again.

[roll=Attack1d20+11[/roll][roll0]

Tyrael
2010-06-02, 04:17 PM
Screwed up my rollcode.

[roll0]

peterpaulrubens
2010-06-02, 04:50 PM
Tessa

Tessa moves in to attack her enemies.

Will save: [roll0]
Spellcraft to identify the spell: [roll1]

5' step to I10.
Attack F4 if it's alive after Davian's attack, otherwise F3.
[roll2] to hit, [roll3] damage.

Edit: oh, crud. maybe I do nothing, that Will save is miserable. :smalleek:

Ernir
2010-06-02, 06:12 PM
The Den of Evil

Uru and Tessa start feeling uncomfortable, it suddenly seeming like their armors are hot and sticky.

The little Fallen bastard manages to dodge all your blows, or have them deflect harmlessly of the chain shirt he is wearing.
F3 and F4 are wearing chain shirts. I really should have mentioned that rather than just telling you that the group looked well armed. Sorry. :smallredface:

You have no luck identifying the spell. But I can tell you that your actions are not impeded.

Jarian
2010-06-02, 06:22 PM
Uru

"Uru feel like Uru back in sweat tents at home. Only less comfortable."

Another U.S. flurry on F2, since Uru doesn't have anything better to do at the moment.

[roll0] for [roll1]
[roll2] for [roll3]

Ernir
2010-06-02, 06:37 PM
The Den of Evil

Uru delivers a mighty judo-chop on F2, splattering its face. It somehow remains standing, but it's never going to get a date after this...

Map:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/DenofEvil34.png

senrath
2010-06-02, 06:45 PM
Lysenko

C'knask quickly moves around Davian to attack the Fallen it had previously.

Lysenko takes another Total Defense, C'knask moves to G12 (going around Davian to the left) and attacks F4 again.

[roll0]

[roll1]
[roll2]

Beetle HP: 4/6 (or 3 out of 6 if he fails his reflex this round)

Lysenko HP: 32/33

Ernir
2010-06-02, 06:52 PM
The Den of Evil

C'knask successfully latches on to the Fallen's leg with its jaws, but it fails to break its skin.

Ernir
2010-06-03, 06:49 PM
The Den of Evil

The Fallen facing Uru and Davian sees no option but to keep fighting, and fight it does. The one the rest of you are ganging up on drags itself around Naim, and tries to launch a ray of fire at point-blank range. The third charges Uru's back!

The nature of the spell the Fallen cast on you earlier becomes evident to all of you, as your armors start burning hot...
Since we have 24 hours... Forsaken charges F2.
[roll0] for [roll1]

Rest of the stuff in the OOC thread, because I'm a dumbass.

Map: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/DenofEvil35.png

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-06-03, 08:32 PM
Naim

Noticing the little bastard trying to get behind him (I mean really, how dare he try to live?) Naim lashes out with his axe.

[roll0] for [roll1]Slashing Damage and [roll2] Fire Damage DAMN IT! I'm going with that missed and I took the 13 damage.

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-06-03, 08:39 PM
Naim

Gods damn it, but this thing is starting to piss me off! screams Naim, unsure himself whether he means the axe, which he shifts to his left hand, or the Fallen in front of him. Refocusing on the threat before him Naim reaches out with his right hand, touching the Fallen with his middle finger.

[roll0] for [roll1] Negative Energy Damage
EDIT: Sure, now I get a high attack roll. :smallsigh:

Stats:

HP: 13/27

peterpaulrubens
2010-06-04, 12:32 AM
Tessa

Tessa attacks as her opponents give her opportunities, and then moves to help Uru.

AoO on F3: [roll0] to-hit, [roll1] damage.

Move to I9 and attack, using Arcane Channel to cast Shocking Grasp: [roll2] to-hit, [roll3] slashing damage plus [roll4] electrical damage.

Jarian
2010-06-04, 11:54 AM
Uru

"No fair... Uru not even get his cake..." Uru moans as he falls unconscious.

Just how close he is to death depends on whether vigor aura is up or not.

Tyrael
2010-06-04, 05:04 PM
Davian Fallstar

The noble Paladin whirls around in shock as Uru crumples to the ground, then races to his comrade's side.

Double-Move Action to get to Uru's side. Next round I plan to Lay on Hands for 6HP.

Tavar
2010-06-04, 05:31 PM
Forsaken
I told you this would happen.
Even though he seems to accept that this is inevitable, Forsaken still tries to ward it off, lightly touching Uru and letting a warmth flow from his hands.
Touch of Vitality for 6 healing, and switching to vigor aura, granting everyone within range fast healing 2. Oh, and swift action to gain 2 Temporary HP that last for two rounds.

Ernir
2010-06-04, 06:00 PM
The Den of Evil

There is no visible injury, but the Fallen Naimhdeach touches makes an expression as if it had just been stabbed in the chest.
Tessa misses her mark by a tiny, frustrating hair each time. Forsaken and Davian rush in towards the recently fallen Uru, hands softly glowing with healing energy.

Map:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/DenofEvil36.png

senrath
2010-06-04, 07:33 PM
Lysenko

With reckless abandon, C'knask charged at the Fallen closest to him.

Lysenko takes a Total Defense, C'knask charges to G12 and attacks F4.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Lysenko HP: 32/33

Ernir
2010-06-05, 11:44 AM
The Den of Evil

C'knask takes a chunk out of the strength-penalized, one-eyed, heavily wounded Fallen. It, too, remains standing with what has to be its last litre of blood.

The Fallen who still stand turn to make their final attacks. "Fohr Colenzo!"

Heat metal damage:
Tessa: 2
Uru: [roll0]
Davian: [roll1]

F2 takes a 5' step to J4, and casts Heat Metal on Forsaken. Roll a Will save!
F3 moves to the square Uru occupies, and makes one attack on Forsaken [roll2] for [roll3]+[roll4] fire damage, and another on Davian. [roll5] for [roll6]+[roll7] fire damage.
F4 tries its best to smack C'knask. [roll8] for [roll9] plus [roll10] fire damage.

Map:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/DenofEvil37.png

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-06-05, 11:49 AM
Naim

Oi! Leave the bug alone! Putting his right hand back on his axe Naim lines up his shot and takes a furious blow! [Hopefully]

[roll0] for [roll1] Slashing Damage and [roll2] Fire damage

Stats:

HP: 13/27

Tavar
2010-06-05, 12:18 PM
Forsaken
Pushing through the creatures spell as best he can, Forsaken does an all out attack, slicing the creature with his sword while also slamming it with his shield.

Will save [roll0]
Attack longsword[roll]1d20+3[roll]
Damage [roll1]
Attack sheild [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

Aura-Vigor, 2 fast healing to allies within 30ft if under 1/2 hp.

Ernir
2010-06-05, 04:54 PM
The Den of Evil

Naimhdeach makes a swing that would surely have decapitated the Fallen - had it hit.
Forsaken furiously beats the last relatively healthy Fallen, but its hide is tough and the hits deal surprisingly little damage, the creature should surely have been brought down by this. Every blow strikes true.

I might as well tell you that the DR you are bashing against is DR 5/magic.