PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Peter: A true story based on fictional events

Threeshades
2010-05-06, 02:04 PM
Yes I decided to make a little OotS-style comic series based on the things that are happening in our Pathfinder RPG group, which I am DMing. It portrays what actually happened in the game, the text is modified though, because we don't keep any exact records, and sometimes it helps understanding the situation.
Things that are minor, unimportant and not funny are left out.

So instead of screwing around, let's get down to Business:

Current comic: #05 - Adventuring with Adventurers
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/Tobi-Sean/Kampagnenpeter005.png

Archive
#01 - Campaign Peter (http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/Tobi-Sean/Kampagnenpeter001-B.png)
#02 - Locomotion (http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/Tobi-Sean/Kampagnenpeter002-B.png)
#03 - Dual Bunnies (http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/Tobi-Sean/Kampagnenpeter003.png)
#04 - Names (http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/Tobi-Sean/Kampagnenpeter004.png)
#05 - Adventuring with Adventurers (http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/Tobi-Sean/Kampagnenpeter005.png)

Extras, Goodies, Garbage
Banners:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/Tobi-Sean/KampagnenpeterBanner1.png

Threeshades
2010-05-10, 03:35 PM
Oh hey it's here. I already have one and a half new pages ready. But I will leave the first page up so it doesn't get confusing.

Lyinginbedmon
2010-05-10, 03:56 PM
This reminds me I need to do some serious scriptwriting for something...

CrimsonAngel
2010-05-10, 04:03 PM
Yay! Threeshades made an oots comic! Yay!

Did I mention yay?

Darklord Xavez
2010-05-10, 05:18 PM
Yay! Threeshades made an oots comic! Yay!

Did I mention yay?

Yes you did. Give yourself an Internets.
Anyways, this comic is going to be great. Make a banner so you can start publicizing.
-Xavez

Maximum Zersk
2010-05-10, 05:49 PM
Heh, nice. Reminds me of Darth and Droids. In a good way. :smalltongue:

icastflare!
2010-05-10, 07:29 PM
Hmm. looks interesting. I will be sure to tune into this.

Mina Kobold
2010-05-11, 02:39 AM
Almighty Threeshades is making an comic?!

Truly this is a joyous day, let's all celebrate it with cheesecake, video-games and the holy act of wearing the sacred hat 'N' moustache!

This can't be anything but good :smallbiggrin:

Nameless
2010-05-11, 05:43 AM
This reminds me I need to do some serious scriptwriting for something...

You mean a certain collaborative comic that doesn't use Oots based art?

Aaannyway, Nameless will read.

Threeshades
2010-05-11, 09:56 AM
Page 02 - Locomotion
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/Tobi-Sean/Kampagnenpeter002-B.png

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated.

Also here is the first banner:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/Tobi-Sean/KampagnenpeterBanner1.png

John Cribati
2010-05-11, 10:19 AM
I officially declare this DM awesome. Also, much love for the dwarf.

Which character do you play in this campaign?

Green-Shirt Q
2010-05-11, 02:30 PM
Well I officially declare this DM a bit of a jerk.

I mean, if a dog monster wants to walk on all fours, why the heck do you have to mock it? And if a character wants to ride a snake, so the heck what? That's awesome! Why does he have to stop him (though the reaction was funny)?

Dear DM of this apperently real life D&D campaign: What's your problem?!

Darklord Bright
2010-05-11, 02:39 PM
...in our Pathfinder RPG group, which I am DMing...

Are you people aware of this...? :smalltongue:

I think it's pretty good, plus the "Dog monster" isn't built like a dog, so it shouldn't be able to comfortably walk on all fours.

Green-Shirt Q
2010-05-11, 03:40 PM
Are you people aware of this...? :smalltongue:

:smallredface: Sorry Threeshades.

I think it's pretty good, plus the "Dog monster" isn't built like a dog, so it shouldn't be able to comfortably walk on all fours.

So?! In world where there is dog monsters IN THE FIRST PLACE couldn't they have some kind of weird biology that allows them to switch between quadraped and biped? I dunno. The point is, it was a little bit jerkish, in my opinion, to make fun of somebody for that.

Mina Kobold
2010-05-11, 03:57 PM
So?! In world where there is dog monsters IN THE FIRST PLACE couldn't they have some kind of weird biology that allows them to switch between quadraped and biped? I dunno. The point is, it was a little bit jerkish, in my opinion, to make fun of somebody for that.

The problem is that it's hind legs would be longer than it's front legs too, just like a humans.

That, and DMs seem to like pointing out errorss in what the players are doing, after it went wrong of course :smalltongue:

licoot
2010-05-11, 04:19 PM
Awesome comic:smallbiggrin:
exactly like the first time i played D and D, the tavern bit:smalltongue:

John Cribati
2010-05-11, 04:38 PM

Actually, I think Gnolls count as Monstrous humanoids, i.e. Human proportions with some animalistic characteristics. A human-proportioned creature crawling on all 4's would be rather awkward.

Green-Shirt Q
2010-05-11, 05:11 PM
The problem is that it's hind legs would be longer than it's front legs too, just like a humans.

I know why it would walk awkwardly! The point is, in an imagination game, we don't need to have that kind of logic!

Actually, I think Gnolls count as Monstrous humanoids, i.e. Human proportions with some animalistic characteristics. A human-proportioned creature crawling on all 4's would be rather awkward.

:smallsigh:

Anybody here ever hear the term "Rule of Cool"? How about "Willing Suspension of Disbelief"?

If we wanted, Gnolls could walk on four legs. If we wanted, Gnolls could have six eyes. Gnolls can be whatever the heck we want them to be. I think the ability to go on both 2 and 4 legs is pretty a resonable thing. And it's not like if affects gameplay or anything.

You could just have everybody imagine that, and just let it be. Snarky comments about logic and what's right and wrong just alienate players and make them feel stupid enough to try in the first place.

I'm sorry for getting so involved, and I suppose I'm making this is a bit of a personal issue. It's not really that important, but it makes me feel a little angry, I just have to admit.

Threeshades
2010-05-11, 05:25 PM

Look at it this way, the ape monsters also don't get a climb speed or decent speed for walking on their knuckles.

Also gnolls are hyena monsters and hyenas are more closely related to cats than to dogs.

Darklord Bright
2010-05-11, 11:17 PM
Q, I'm sorry to say that you're the one coming off like a bit of a jerk here. I've seen TS do nothing unreasonable in the slightest.

Fay Graydon
2010-05-12, 05:10 AM
Heh is this actually based on your pathfinder group?
Because your pathfinder group has a good sense of humour in TTRPG's :smallbiggrin:

Green-Shirt Q
2010-05-12, 06:17 AM
Q, I'm sorry to say that you're the one coming off like a bit of a jerk here. I've seen TS do nothing unreasonable in the slightest.

I guess not.

I just felt that, if I was in a D&D group, and I wanted by Gnoll to walk gracefully on all fours like a hyena and the DM made fun of it at every oppertuinity that I would, at least, have my feelings hurt.

Maybe I'm just being too sensitive.

Bago!!!
2010-05-12, 08:43 AM
First off, BRILLIANT!
This comic has caught hold my attention and will probably continue to do so. I eagerly await the next comic.

Second, this game of fantasy and imagination is fine and all, but sometimes regulations are required. If we just wanted to have some fun like thus, thats fine but sometimes the DM needs to remind the player about the stupidity of their actions. Why, if I had a copper for every time I did something stupid as a mage, then I'd have enough to buy a BANHAMMER. And mage hit die doesn't make it better. :smallbiggrin:

Third, this is based on a D&D Game but with artistic license. Lets not get worked up over something so insignificant.

Edit: And now you will not hear from me on this thread again... As it is my way! *Smoke bomb*

Threeshades
2010-05-12, 03:21 PM
My computer is causing me major grief right now. It keeps crashing, even on startup. Im trying to run virus checks and consistency checks on my hard drives at the moment, and if that doesn't help, I will have to format. But in order to format i need the computer to work long enough for me to backup all my important files. :smallfrown:

Cizak
2010-05-13, 06:40 AM
Markus, Björn... sorry if this is too personal, Treeshades, but are you from one of the countries up North?

Mina Kobold
2010-05-13, 07:21 AM
Markus, Björn... sorry if this is too personal, Treeshades, but are you from one of the countries up North?

I think he might qualify more for somewhere in the middle actually.

but that might just be because I'm north of there :smalltongue:

Threeshades
2010-05-13, 08:15 AM

Well I live near Hanover (just north of it in fact) which is closer to the north pole than over 99% of the United states main territory (so I'm counting out Alaska), so yeah I live pretty far north :smallbiggrin: But we're not scandinavians yet :smallbiggrin:

Darklord Xavez
2010-05-13, 02:01 PM
Threeshades, may I become a cleric of you? I will put "Proud cleric of Threeshades" in my sig and a link to your personal profile. Pretty please?
-Xavez

Threeshades
2010-05-13, 05:58 PM
Page #03 - Dual Bunnies
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/Tobi-Sean/Kampagnenpeter003.png

@Xavez
You really don't have to ask. People just started to do this, I don't yet know why.

Darklord Xavez
2010-05-13, 06:08 PM
Page #03 - Dual Bunnies

@Xavez
You really don't have to ask. People just started to do this, I don't yet know why.

Thanks. I am now your proud and humble cleric, able to cast 9th level divine spells, allowing me to destroy you without even thinking about it.
-Xavez

Mina Kobold
2010-05-14, 03:28 AM
@Xavez

Because we think you're awesome and funny and cool :smallbiggrin:

Or in short: We're fanboys :smalltongue:

Darklord Xavez
2010-05-14, 11:36 AM
Because we think you're awesome and funny and cool :smallbiggrin:

Or in short: We're fanboys :smalltongue:

Actually, I consider us FAR above fanboys. We are CLERICS, for Threeshade's sake!
-Xavez

Threeshades
2010-05-14, 12:14 PM
Alright thanks, but lets get back to the comic, yes? :smallsmile:

Szilard
2010-05-15, 02:32 PM
Yes, because the comic is good.

Elder Tsofu
2010-05-15, 02:43 PM
Amen to that.

Threeshades
2010-05-16, 12:06 PM
Page #04 - Names
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/Tobi-Sean/Kampagnenpeter004.png

Darklord Xavez
2010-05-16, 12:16 PM
I like the name-switching. I've done that twice with my current character already.
-Xavez

Mina Kobold
2010-05-16, 12:53 PM
I like this Markus/Vorlost guy, he's hilarious at pissing off the DM.

yes, I do remember that the DM of this comic is my my patron deity, but I also remember that my patron deity is the god of cheesecake and such :smalltongue:

Threeshades
2010-05-21, 03:50 PM
You see, people, I am a person whose motivation is entirely dependent on feedback from others. If I don't get enough positive reassurance I will drop any activity and lose interest, it's almost like a mental disorder (if it isn't an actual one). So go ahead and motivate me :smallsmile:

Thanks also for the last too comments :smallcool:

CrimsonAngel
2010-05-21, 03:52 PM
I love your art. I love the story. I love the characters. I love the NPCs. I love the color purple. I love the number 3.

Mina Kobold
2010-05-21, 04:10 PM
I love your art. I love the story. I love the characters. I love the NPCs. I love the color purple. I love the number 3.

I second everything in this post.

It oddly matches my opinions on Threeshades and my favourite colour and number...

That means... Erh, something!

*Cheeses away*

Szilard
2010-05-21, 07:31 PM
I love your art. I love the story. I love the characters. I love the NPCs. I love the color purple. I love the number 3. I love you. ... Okay, maybe not that.

CrimsonAngel
2010-05-21, 07:52 PM
You sponge! :smalltongue:

Stabber
2010-05-24, 06:57 PM
Three shades, I loooooved your homless avatars but was wondering how to claim one? -:smallconfused:
-stabber

Mina Kobold
2010-05-25, 12:32 AM
Three shades, I loooooved your homless avatars but was wondering how to claim one? -:smallconfused:
-stabber

Have you tried PM'ing him?

Darklord Xavez
2010-05-25, 01:35 PM
Threeshades:
Could you maybe please spoiler the current comic? I find screen stretch horribly irritating, but I love you anyways.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
-Xavez

Threeshades
2010-05-25, 01:59 PM
Threeshades:
Could you maybe please spoiler the current comic? I find screen stretch horribly irritating, but I love you anyways.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
-Xavez

:smalleek: Your screen is that small? For me it doesn't even start to stretch and my borwser window isn't even on full screen.

Szilard
2010-05-25, 05:27 PM
Maybe they have a small netbook? I have no idea. I'm not getting any screen stretch.

Darklord Xavez
2010-05-25, 05:37 PM
Maybe they have a small netbook? I have no idea. I'm not getting any screen stretch.

Emac actually. Emacs FTW!
-Xavez

hobbitkniver
2010-06-01, 08:57 PM
Haha, I love #2. Your game night must be a handful and the drow reminds me so much of Elan.

Teutonic Knight
2010-07-16, 08:51 PM
Not starting in tavern. You have done well. Also art is very good. But are the dog's eyes supposed to be backwards from the norm?

Threeshades
2010-07-17, 08:32 AM
Not starting in tavern. You have done well. Also art is very good. But are the dog's eyes supposed to be backwards from the norm?

Yup the dog has greenhilt eyes.

The party is nagging me to continue this comic. At the same time I'm nagging the party to get their crap together and continue the game. I might make one more page before i go on vacation for a while.

Mina Kobold
2010-07-17, 09:41 AM
Yup the dog has greenhilt eyes.

The party is nagging me to continue this comic. At the same time I'm nagging the party to get their crap together and continue the game. I might make one more page before i go on vacation for a while.

You could make a non-canon filler arc while they are getting their blibajabba together :smallsmile:

Or draw the dog dancing ballet, gonna be funnily-funny either way :smalltongue:

Salty
2010-07-18, 11:54 PM
I'm loving this comic so far. And Pathfinder? *High five*

Threeshades
2010-07-20, 03:55 PM
New page before I go off! :smallsmile:

Current comic: #05 - Adventuring with Adventurers
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/Tobi-Sean/Kampagnenpeter005.png

Threeshades
2010-07-22, 12:44 PM
Really that bad? :smalleek:

Kumo
2010-07-22, 12:52 PM
Not really, this has just been all but dead for forever :smalltongue:

Draconi Redfir
2010-07-22, 01:15 PM
the drink girl in the red dress looks AMAZING!

needless to say i was haveing dificulty looking at anything else in the last pannel :smalltongue:

Mina Kobold
2010-07-22, 03:57 PM
the drink girl in the red dress looks AMAZING!

needless to say i was haveing dificulty looking at anything else in the last pannel :smalltongue:

She certainly looks a bit too nice for a Tavern like this, how suspicious*Keeps an eye on her while shrugging the red eyed guy and the fox off as regular adventure people*

Just kiddly-kidding (Or maybe that's what I want you to thin:smalltongue:k), the comic's awesome and skedaddle. We just waited with the praise and worship because you went "Off"

Teutonic Knight
2010-07-26, 03:50 PM
Lol'd at the stuffed rust monster head. Keep it coming. :smallbiggrin:

X2
2010-07-29, 08:00 PM
Okay at first I was going to be sarcastic and say something like "Another D&D fantasy webcomic? Haven't seen that before :smallannoyed:" but then I actually read the first post to see that it was based on an actual Campaign.

:smalleek: Dodged a bullet there.

Anyway good so far, but the name made me think it was a political story.

kaptainkrutch
2010-08-10, 11:44 PM
Very, very nice work. What else would you expect from Threeshades, though?

Threeshades
2010-09-04, 06:09 AM
Lol'd at the stuffed rust monster head. Keep it coming. :smallbiggrin:

I named the tavern "The Old Rustmonster" when i had to improvise (because I never prepare enough), so I opened the bestiary blindly tapping my finger on a page to name the tavern after the monster on that page.