PDA

View Full Version : Manga-Boys/girls, unite!

pita
2006-02-24, 04:59 AM
I was wondering if anyone else here reads mangas, and which ones.
I read/have read:
Demon Diary-entire series
Death Note-1,2,3
Diabolo-1,2
Fruits Basket-1,2
Inuyasha-1
Bleach-1
FLCL-1
Post what you've read, or my mind flayer bard shall eat your brain while composing a song about fish.

Jannex
2006-02-24, 05:27 AM
I don't own any, but I've read all of Ranma 1/2.

...Just a little bit of a fangirl...

Squall83
2006-02-24, 05:30 AM
I am reading

Naruto
Bleach
Pita Ten

But just the scanlations because German Mangas suck sooooo badly it's depressing while scanlators even try to keep the japanese jokes.

fall_ark
2006-02-24, 06:40 AM
Well....It'll be a long list, so I'm writing down what's I'm reading now instead.

- JOJO 7 a.k.a. Steel Ball Run
- One Piece
- Eyeshield 21
- Berserk
- Hunter X Hunter
- Bleach
- Naruto (can't seem to like it, don't know why)
- Deathnote
- 20th Century Boys
- Pluto

And...if anyone know, a Chinese comic.
- The Ravages of Time
It's about the romance of 3 kingdoms and has entered Japanese manga market succesfully. :)

Or does "manga" stand for pure Japanese ones? Then ignore the last one.

Randomnesh
2006-02-24, 10:34 AM
Fruits Basket--1-11? Something like that.
Ranma 1/2--1-3
Fullmetal Alchemist--1-5
Paradise Kiss--1-5
As well as variousl girly manga that I didn't really like enough to put up here.
And probably a bunch that I forgot. :-/

pita
2006-02-24, 12:24 PM
A friend of mine is reading Eerie Queerie!.
Every time i call him gay he beats me up.
I get beaten up a lot.
I dunno if manga is only japanese. But one of my friends is writing her own manga. So it's inconclusive(I live in israel)

Flak_Razorwill
2006-02-24, 01:17 PM
All my friends all love manga. Lots of it. My brother has spent like, over $400 on those little $10 books and the DVDs of books. My girlfriend loves 5 different series, and just got an Inuyasha costume. My friend Kevin has the entire Hellsing storyline along with a Trigun costume.

The only manga I ever liked was Yotsuba&! I bought all three, mainly because I came up with the "obnoxious neighbor named Jumbo" idea first, and I wanted to see how far they paralleled.

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-02-24, 01:30 PM
*whimpers*

Arakune
2006-02-24, 01:57 PM
Well....It'll be a long list, so I'm writing down what's I'm reading now instead.

- JOJO 7 a.k.a. Steel Ball Run
- One Piece
- Eyeshield 21
- Berserk
- Hunter X Hunter
- Bleach
- Naruto (can't seem to like it, don't know why)
- Deathnote
- 20th Century Boys
- Pluto

And...if anyone know, a Chinese comic.
- The Ravages of Time
It's about the romance of 3 kingdoms and has entered Japanese manga market succesfully. :)

Or does "manga" stand for pure Japanese ones? Then ignore the last one.

actualy, he wants to make a seventh JOJO history, but the Stell ball run are like... alternative universe.

i'm reading a lots of shounen/shoujo manga. too much!

Gefangnis
2006-02-24, 04:25 PM
Oh, the horror!

storybookknight
2006-02-24, 07:28 PM
If anyone has read H***sing (not sure whether the name'll get blocked), the manga is MUCH better than the anime.

The_Wonder_Chef
2006-02-24, 09:14 PM
I'm a major fan of Akira Toriyama's work but I don't consider myself a huge DBZ fan. DBZ is one of my least favorites of his work (Although the manga is 100 times better then the incredibly slow anime). I have all the Dr. Slump that they have released so far and I've gotten the complete Dragon Ball, the first four volumes of Z, and Sandland. I want to start on One Piece once I'm done with DBZ.

mowander
2006-02-24, 09:18 PM
I noticed no one else has said anything about Shaman King. It is an exelent series.

Carrion_Humanoid
2006-02-24, 09:26 PM
Naruto:1-5
Demon diary:1-5
D.N.Angel:1-3

I noticed no one said D.N.Angel, is it because no one likes it :P ???

That Lanky Bugger
2006-02-24, 09:33 PM
It'd take too long to list everything. Just put me in as another Ranma 1/2 and Naruto fan.

Piedmon_Sama
2006-02-24, 10:57 PM
Happily. Let's see....

My manga collection:

-Naruto
-Bleach
-One Piece
-Full Metal Alchemist
-Akira
-Dragonball

Which are all awesome and should be read at your soonest possible convenience. (Or even if it's not convenient, read them anyway.)

Spider_Jerusalem
2006-02-25, 02:51 AM
Well... I'm actually reading Battle Royale and Death Note. Good Stories.

And I have to say about Transmetropolitan, here, although it's not a manga. You all really should read transmet, you know? Comics about the adventures of Spider Jerusalem, an outlaw journalist from the future... uh... you should read it, yeah.

Piedmon_Sama
2006-02-25, 02:55 AM
Western comics do tend to get neglected in favor of the imports, something I've never understood....

Sir_Banjo
2006-02-25, 03:00 AM
I've read the first GTO comic.

To be honest, I prefer dvd's to manga.

fall_ark
2006-02-25, 04:40 AM
I've read the first GTO comic.

To be honest, I prefer dvd's to manga.

It all depends. There are some comics do not attract much attention but become very popular while they are animes, on the other hand, some manga's tv adaptions just suck. And some tv animes just do not follow the same storyline with their origins...

sun_tzu
2006-02-25, 08:04 AM
I have "Detective Conan" (aka "Case Closed") issues 1 through 44. Good God I love that series...Shinchi Kudo is awesome.
I also love Kenshin, as well as Hikaru No Go of which I own two issues. I also read Dragon Ball, Akamusa 1637, Full Metal Alchemist...

Ryujin
2006-02-25, 08:22 AM
All else really pales before Nausicaa, Appleseed & GitS. Heck, might as well include Gunnm, Dominion Tank Police, Lone Wolf & Cub, & Akira.

pita
2006-02-25, 10:08 AM
A bit of advice-
Get Deathnote
It is the best manga on earth.
I lurv it!

Casualgamer
2006-02-25, 12:18 PM
I have only fully read one manga series. AKIRA.

However, I also happen to like Battle Angel Alita, although I can't get my hands on the final book of the series.

I despise Inuyasha, Fruits Basket, One Piece, etc. Out of that "genre" of manga, I could only ever stand Naruto, and that's just cuz there are ninjas in it.

Adder
2006-02-25, 02:14 PM
Let's see...

Hellsing, Inuyasha, Priest, Confidential Confessions, Fullmetal Alchemist, Ludwig Revolutions

Though I have to borrow most of them, due to my limited income ::)

LE4dGOLEM
2006-02-25, 02:27 PM
I have to admit, ive never actually seen any proper manga/anime except.... A subbed First half of FMA part 2! >__<

Hoseki
2006-02-25, 08:54 PM
-Manga-

Inuyasha
Naruto
Fullmetal Alchemist
Ranma 1/2
Fruits Basket
Pet Shop of Horrors

-Anime-
Full Moon wo Saga****e
Mai Hime
My Otome
Naruto
Inuyasha

In order from favorite to least favorite.

sHorTdWaRvE
2006-02-25, 09:18 PM
i read rave master ryukenshin,dragon ball,dragon ballz,thats about it i guess lol

AtomicKitKat
2006-02-25, 09:44 PM
I own the entire 36(38? I forget, it's in a box in my house) volumes of Ranma 1/2, in Chinese(not as good as in Japanese, but at least less context lost than in English), a Ranma song CD, the author's illustration book, a similar book for Slayers, both sets of VCDs for the anime Kiddy Grade, a whole bunch of anime songs in my player, a pack of Inuyasha playing cards(the VCD/comic collection will have to wait till I am MUCH richer), and uh, that's about it really. :P

Silfir
2006-02-26, 05:55 PM
I own... lots. Probably about 300 books. Also, some Anime, though not as many. (Slayers among them, of course. I mean, DUH. Slayers!)

And that's those I OWN. I have read and watched awful lots more. Almost all in German, by the way, with some English exceptions.

I live in Germany. Some series are translated twice before translated into German... I detest the translations in the recent Oh My Goddess issues, for example. Japanese -> English -> French -> :P

Or it could just be that OMG in general has become tedious recently...

Skydiving_Ninja
2006-02-26, 09:06 PM
I read:
FullMetal Alchemist
Naruto
Inuyasha
Yu-Gi-Oh!(only the first 7...those were awesome)

Callos_DeTerran
2006-02-26, 10:35 PM
Hmm. I deign this a good thread to respond too.

All 7 of the Hellsings (Anyone disses the series I'll find you and purposfully sell your organs. Purposely!)
Vampire Game 1
Yugioh 1
PhD: Phantasy Degree 1, 2
King of Bandit's Jing: 2 and the last one
Mars 1
Full Metal Panic 1
Naruto 1

Animes:

Too many for me to list at this point in time.

IncarnateArcher
2006-02-27, 01:01 AM
I read:
Card Captor Sakura
X/1999
Tsubasa Chronicle
Bleach
Naruto
Full Metal Panic

LurkerInPlayground
2006-02-27, 01:58 AM
The two mangas I'd consider to be anywhere close to being a masterpiece are:
-Monster (An excellent thriller. Lots of character development. In fact, even the sub-characters are developed. Convincingly European setting.)
-Nausicaa Valley of the Wind (Miyazaki's one and only manga. Has it all: compelling characters, war, post-apocalyptic setting and a good plot)

Other things I've read include:
-Parasyte (Sci-Fi Gore Slasher Done Right. A personal favorite.)
-Red River (A decent manga set in the Hittite Empire and the fertile crescent.)
-Neon Genesis Evangelion (I grew up on the anime. Alternate interpretation for fans of the series.)
-Battle Royale (Good, lost interest after the umpteenth kid's story was told and was killed and I couldn't be bothered to remember the plot.)
-Inuyasha (Ewww...no closure, too slow.)
-GTO (I like having closure, plus I couldn't tell some of the kids apart. Starts out strong and funny.)
-Love Hina (Funny, nostaligic and great lead character. Two thumbs up.)
-One Piece (Ho hum...another Shounen Jump. Good but not great.)
-Naruto (DBZ all over again, except with annoying fantasy ninjas. Okay so it wasn't *that* bad, but we know where this will end up.)
-Demon Diary (It has its moments, but it's frankly the work of an amateur. Very confusing at some points.)
-Scryed (Fun I guess, but you will get a seizure from staring at the crowded/busy/confusing artwork.)
-Battle Angel Alita (Desty Nova = One of the Best Mad Scientists Ever! If not The Best.)

Some other stuff that I'm probably missing, but those are mostly what comes to mind so far.

PhoeKun
2006-02-27, 02:31 AM
I read/own:

Slayers
Trigun
Excel Saga
Hellsing
Ruroni Kenshin
Naruto
One Piece
Bleach
dotHack//Legend of Twilight
FullMetal Alchemist
Gundam Wing
Scryed
Lots of other stuff I can't remember because its stored 900 miles away from me...

I'd say about 25% of my non-essential income (that beyond bills and food) goes towards feeding my anime/manga addiction. Although right now I'm looking for something new to get into. Anyone have a suggestion?

Skyserpent
2006-02-27, 03:31 AM
Here comes the fun part...

Prince of Tennis
Ranma 1/2
DragonBall Z
Dragonball
Bleach
Naruto
Death Note
One Piece
Rurouni Kenshin
Yu-Gi-Oh
Flame of Recca
Megaman (A Whole lot of 'em, including the Megamixes)
Slayers
I"s
Fushigi Yugi
Gendomaden Saiyuki
Tenhjo Tenge
Sakura Wars
X
Cardcaptors
Chobits
Angelic Layer
Pokemon Adventures

yeah... I think that's all...

B-Man
2006-08-10, 10:52 PM
manga:
-naruto
-fullmetal alchemist
-samurai deeper kyo
-one piece
-shaman king
-hikaru no go
-YU-GI-OH! Millennium World

anime:
-naruto (subbed and a bit of the english dub)
-shaman king (dub)
-samurai deeper kyo (dub)
-gundam SEED (dub)
-Tales of Phantasia: THE ANIMATION (subbed)

NeonBlack
2006-08-11, 07:52 AM
Oookay, time to force my memory a little bit. Manga I've read:

- Akira (Awesomeness. I can't believe how much better [and longer!] than the film it is).
- Battle Royale (Cool, although it seemed to drag a bit around Nº 10-12. I'll have to read the book and see the film one of these days...).
- Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (Best. Manga. Ever. Now, if Miyazaki would do a proper anime from it [that is, without completely butchering it], I'd be a happy nerd).
- Love Hina (Lots of fun).
- DNA2.
- I''s.
- Video Girl AI, up until chapter 15 or so. Then I got bored. I may pick it up again some time...
- Ranma 1/2, from where the anime ended (tome 17-18, I think) until the end.
- Battle Angel Alita.
- One Piece, up until tome 35. Spanish translations suck, by the way, both in (lack of) quality and slowness >:(.
- Azumanga Daioh! (Wonderfully funny).

...and probably some more I'm forgetting right now.

Poison_Fish
2006-08-11, 04:41 PM
I've read a good portion of the previous stuff that has been listed.

Only two new things I can add is Blade of the Immortal. A very good read, but a bit heavy handed and not for the feint of heart.

Also, Welcome to NHK, if you don't mind the loads of cultural references and the.. nearly 70's drug style feel to it, then it's for you.

SilveryCord
2006-08-14, 10:19 AM
I've read all of Card Captor Sakura and Tsubasa Chronicles,
I've read some of Sgt. Frog and Hikaru no Go,
and I've read most of Death Note.

Casualgamer
2006-08-19, 06:36 PM
What is it with Azumangadaioh? Everywhere I look, people tell me to read it, but no matter how hard I look at it, all I see is a manga about nothing...

I guess its just the whole "slice of life" schtick, but honestly, when put next to something like Berserk or even FMP it seems trite.

I've never actually read it, so if someone could explain its appeal.....

NeonBlack
2006-08-20, 09:40 AM
What is it with Azumangadaioh? Everywhere I look, people tell me to read it, but no matter how hard I look at it, all I see is a manga about nothing...

I guess its just the whole "slice of life" schtick, but honestly, when put next to something like Berserk or even FMP it seems trite.

I've never actually read it, so if someone could explain its appeal.....

It's different. You can't even compare it to your average manga like Berserk. It's more like a Calvin & Hobbes book, in the sense that it's for the most part a collection of comic strips. Some of them are tied together forming short storylines, and some are just random fun, unrelated with anything else (besides sharing the same characters). And it's just great fun all around. Give it a try, it's short (4 books, IIRC), so you won't lose much time with it if you don't like it ;).

My only "complaint" about it is that there are lots of Japanese cultural references. Some of the jokes are even based on that, and many are lost in the translation. The spanish version I read, though, had an appendix in which most of these cultural schticks were explained, and some of the most difficult to translate parts were discussed. Props to the translators, for once. I don't know how the english versions have handled this, though.

Soniku
2006-08-28, 03:44 PM
All the .hack stuff

And Azumanga Daioh :D ;D

Oh, and ten points if anyone can remember who said this, the best horror story ever:

"The terrifying moldy bread incident! In elementary school, Yomi's leftover bread started rotting inside her desk! you can't imagine what happened! Not only that, but the mold had a will of its own, it was terrible! Barricading ourselves in the science prep room, we used spirit lamps and engaged in combat! Then I realized it!! If we only had the bottle of mildew remover from the bathroom, we could destroy them!!"

Azumanga Daioh, the most quotable manga/anime ever...

Akiosama
2006-09-07, 07:07 PM
My turn...

All in Japanese, btw...

Maison Ikkoku 1-13 (complete series)
Ranma 1/2 1-38? (complete series)
Fushigi Yuugi 1-7 (still collecting)
Gantz 1-12 (still collecting)
Tenjou Tenge 1-13 (still collecting)
MS Gundam Ecole du Ciel 1-4 (still collecting)
Tsubasa 1-11 (still collecting)
Rurouni Kenshin 1-28 (complete series)
Hikaru no Go 1-20 (still collecting)
Card Captor Sakura 1-10 (collection on hold)
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon 1-13 (still collecting)
City Hunter 1-7 (still collecting)
OL Shinkaron 1-8 (still collecting)
One Piece 1-13 (still collecting)
Naruto 1-10 (still collecting)
Shaman King 1-5 (still collecting)
Dragon Ball 1-36? (complete series)
Denei Shoujo (Video Girl Ai) 1-11 (still collecting)
I"s 1-15 (complete series)
DNA2 1-5 (complete series)
Captain Tsubasa - Youth World Series 1-2 (still collecting)
Bastard!! 1-13 (still collecting)
Patlabor 1-6 (still collecting)
Appleseed - series 1-5 (still collecting)
Koukaku Kidoutai (Ghost in the Shell)
Koukaku Kidoutai 2 (ManMachine Interface)
Shinseiki Evangelion (Neon Genesis Evangelion) 1-5 (still collecting)
Mai-HiME 1-4 (still collecting)
Cat's Eye 1-5 (trying to collect - old series)
AirGear 1 (collection on hold)
Yu-Gi-Oh! 1-5 (collection on hold)
XXXHolic 1-3 (still collecting)
Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou 1-5 (still collecting)
Louie the Rune Soldier 1-3 (still collecting)
Boku no Chikyuu wo Mamotte (Please Save My Earth) 1-3 (collection on hold)
Mamotte! Shuugogetten 1-3 (still collecting)
Love Hina 1-8 (still collecting)
Mahou Sensei Negima! 1-5 (still collecting)
GTO 1-5 (still collecting)
Angel Heart 1-12 (still collecting)

...and probably at least a few more that I'm not remembering at this time. It's nice (for me, not my wallet) to live in a city with a major Japanese bookstore...

My 2 yen,

Game on!

Akio

Casualgamer
2006-09-07, 07:11 PM
:O

Wow. Quite a collection. I highly recommend that you finish GTO. Watch the anime too. Excellent.

I'm suspicious though.... Akio, your list is suspiciously shoujo coming from a guy.

FreakyM
2006-09-07, 11:24 PM
Moldy bread incident? Oh yes, Tomo does have the habit to spout out stuff like that..

Azumanga Daioh. After watching it, and buying all 4 volumes, I havent laid a single eye on traditional "fighting" series, such as Naruto, Rurouni Kenshin or god forbid, DB, Z, or GT.

Akiosama
2006-09-08, 12:32 AM
:O

Wow. Quite a collection. I highly recommend that you finish GTO. Watch the anime too. Excellent.

I'm suspicious though.... Akio, your list is suspiciously shoujo coming from a guy.

Heh. There's a few on there... I admit I have a little bit of a soft spot for a few shoujo titles - Sailor Moon and CCS being two of the major ones... Other than those and KareKano, I don't read too much shoujo though, unless you count the other CLAMP titles on the list (Tsubasa and XXXHolic, though I didn't really get that feel from those)...

I have seen the whole GTO series, and I thought it was really good, though the character designs were somewhat ugly (intentionally so). Reminded me a lot of the character designs from Initial D in that un-pretty look.

I will say that out of that list, Maison Ikkoku is by far my favorite, with I"s and DNA2 being next in line... Mai-HiME is also good, though the manga is much racier than the anime. The anime is among my favorites, though... Right up there with other Yatate Hajime shows such as Gundam and BrainPowrd.

As for art, the best art on the list has to be Hojo Tsukasa's Angel Heart, although I will have to put Shirow Masamune's work (Ghost in the Shell, ManMachine Interface, Appleseed)a very close second, and Mikimoto Haruhiko's work (MS Gundam Ecole du Ciel, Marionette Generation, and character designs for the original Aim for the Top! (Gunbuster) and Macross) just behind that...

And as for seriously non-shoujo stuff - anything by Katsura Masakazu (Denei Shoujo (Video Girl Ai/Len), DNA2, and I"s), Shirow Masamune (Appleseed, Koukaku Kidoutai (Ghost in the Shell), and ManMachine Interface), and Oh Great! (Airgear and Tenjou Tenge) are really NOT in that genre at all. Hojo Tsukasa isn't really either, though Angel Heart is much softer in story than City Hunter was...

All in all, lots of good stuff out there. I'd say don't knock shoujo manga, but each to their own, and I've seen stuff in shoujo manga that would put me into a diabetic coma...

My 2 yen,

Akio

Casualgamer
2006-09-08, 10:00 PM
Heh. There's a few on there... I admit I have a little bit of a soft spot for a few shoujo titles - Sailor Moon and CCS being two of the major ones... Other than those and KareKano, I don't read too much shoujo though, unless you count the other CLAMP titles on the list (Tsubasa and XXXHolic, though I didn't really get that feel from those)...

I have seen the whole GTO series, and I thought it was really good, though the character designs were somewhat ugly (intentionally so). Reminded me a lot of the character designs from Initial D in that un-pretty look.

I will say that out of that list, Maison Ikkoku is by far my favorite, with I"s and DNA2 being next in line... Mai-HiME is also good, though the manga is much racier than the anime. The anime is among my favorites, though... Right up there with other Yatate Hajime shows such as Gundam and BrainPowrd.

As for art, the best art on the list has to be Hojo Tsukasa's Angel Heart, although I will have to put Shirow Masamune's work (Ghost in the Shell, ManMachine Interface, Appleseed)a very close second, and Mikimoto Haruhiko's work (MS Gundam Ecole du Ciel, Marionette Generation, and character designs for the original Aim for the Top! (Gunbuster) and Macross) just behind that...

And as for seriously non-shoujo stuff - anything by Katsuura Masakazu (Denei Shoujo (Video Girl Ai/Len), DNA2, and I"s), Shirow Masamune (Appleseed, Koukaku Kidoutai (Ghost in the Shell), and ManMachine Interface), and Oh Great! (Airgear and Tenjou Tenge) are really NOT in that genre at all. Hojo Tsukasa isn't really either, though Angel Heart is much softer in story than City Hunter was...

All in all, lots of good stuff out there. I'd say don't knock shoujo manga, but each to their own, and I've seen stuff in shoujo manga that would put me into a diabetic coma...

My 2 yen,

Akio

Mmm. GTO IS un-pretty. But I think that's the style, and Onizuka's facial expressions kill me.

I watched Mai-Hime on a fansub, and it knocked me off my seat. "Wow, a decent shoujo anime!" I thought. I guess it was because there was enough heartbreak near the end to rival Gungrave (terrrible game, EXCELLENT anime, I HIGHLY recommend). It was kinda ruined by the whole, "Hi, I'm Mashiro, and I'm just gonna rezz everyone now, because it would really suck if everyone REALLY died."

DNA2 was cool too, but I actually think that was a shonen harem show, not shoujo.

As for Tenjou Tenge... it went nowhere. And the author decided to put in way too much fanservice, and everyone's breasts are too big. WAY to big. I'd accept it if it were for Maya, but it's not.

Akiosama
2006-09-09, 01:05 AM
Interestingly enough, the anime for Tenjou Tenge is far far far far far far far toned down from the manga... But enough about that... ;)

But as for Mai-HiME, I don't know if I'd necessarily classify that as shoujo... it's more of that weird blend of 'emo' SF show... which seems to be more the trend, as it gets both guys and girls to watch. (See Gundam Wing, SEED and SEED Destiny for prime examples of this).

And certainly Denei Shoujo, DNA2 and I"s were not meant to be shoujo titles. More like romantic comedy, shounen style. Katsura puts in too many short skirts, weird angles and the likes for it to ever be mistaken for shoujo. He does very good female forms, though... which I'd imagine draws much of his audience. So does Shirow...

So, in truth, there isn't that much truly shoujo stuff on my list... but oddly enough, if I had to rate the list from first to last in preference, much of the shoujo stuff that IS on my list would be in the top half... I've been fortunate to know the series before I buy it in most cases... I don't take too many chances with shoujo. Otherwise you might end up with something odd... like Kizuna or Weiss Kreutz....

My 2 yen,

Akio

Aeriel
2006-09-20, 06:03 PM
I have read many mangas and watched even more animes, some of my favourites being GTO, Akira, Rurouni Kenshin and Love Hina, but the one that left the deepest impression on me is Berserk.

Let me retype it, just for the pure pleasure of it:

BERSERK

I have written about Berserk so many times on various forums, mail groups, even some fanzines, and yet each and every time I have to write about it I cannot find the right words. I could start from the setting: medieval-Europish country, torn by a 100years old war, dark and depressive atmosphere, blood&guts everywhere (not kidding - Berserk is one of the bloodiest comics ever drawn :P ), sudden arrival of demonic forces and desperate struggles for survival... I could talk about its characters, each of them one human being, with his perks and flaws, his steady psychological development, his realistic behavior... I could discuss deep philosophy behind Berserk, and Kentaro Miura’s supreme knowledge of human psychology... I could try to depict Miura’s unbelievably good art, realistic to the perfection, and yet very manga-like when needed... But none of it can compare to the FEELING that one has when reading Berserk. Never EVER have I been drawn so deep into a comic book... Heck, I’ve rarely been so into a good book!

I must stop here, or I’ll keep on babbling for the next 5 pages ;)

Berserk is a huge comic, it consists of 30 volumes so far (and is still being drawn), each volume of about 230 pages... Scrubbing Bubbles

Voice of the Modcaster: The address for scanned versions of this manga is an illegal activity/copyright infringement violation. The manga has been picked up and is being translated and sold by Dark Horse comics, which means that scanned or 'scanlated' versions are now in violation of the licenses held by Dark Horse Comics for the material in the U.S. Thank you.

Casualgamer
2006-09-21, 03:33 PM
Amen to that.