PDA

View Full Version : Who should play X in comic book movie Y?

Beleriphon
2006-06-20, 12:21 AM
Well the title says it all. Pick and actor to be a superhero, or supervillain. I think its best to avoid the current crop of them since I think overall they did a good job. If you disagree come up with a better actor. For now we need to avoid Superman since I think that Brandon Routh will do well depicting the man of steel.

If you can find a pciture (preferably a small one or a link to a big one) go ahead and share.

Feel free to rewrite any of the crummy Batman movie villains.

So to start:

Harley Quinn - Jennifer Tilly
For me its the voice. I think that would go over very well. For those not familiar with Harley, check the link.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harley_Quinn

Tiberian
2006-06-20, 01:36 AM
Daredevil/Matt Murdock should have been played by Matthew McConaughey.

Tilly would be a great Harley Quinn, especially if they could ever get Robin Williams to play Joker. Or just have Mark Hamill play a live action Joker, I just love the cartoon Joker's voice.

Maybe, just a thought, Matt Damon as Cap?

Johnny Knoxville as Plastic Man.

Steven Seagall as Morlun.

"Hey, Steven Seagall called. He wants his ponytail back." --Spider-Man

Valda, Adlav and Samiam: the Jacked-Up Trinity
2006-06-20, 09:49 AM
I just love the cartoon Joker's voice.

As do I.

Have you heard? They got freakin' Nicholas Cage to play Ghostrider! I'm not sure how I feel about this... :-/

okpokalypse
2006-06-20, 11:57 AM
Silver Surfer (FF2) - Jason Statham

That's who I'd most like to see cast in that role - but more than likely they're going to go with a more popular / muscular bald guy like Vin Diesel or something.

And, on the off chance they do a 4th X-Men movie (which I don't think they should) and cast Apocalypse and the 4 Horsemen...

Apocalypse - Michael Madsen
Death - [Gotta Use (Arch)Angel from X-3]
War - Scott Schwartz
Famine - Diane Kruger
Pestilence - Christoper Lloyd (I think of Pieces from "Thing to do in Denver when you're Dead")

I acutally quite like the idea of Damon as Cap... He's got that "All-American" quality you imagine Cap having.

CelestialStick
2006-06-20, 12:24 PM
Well the title says it all. Pick and actor to be a superhero, or supervillain. I think its best to avoid the current crop of them since I think overall they did a good job. If you disagree come up with a better actor. For now we need to avoid Superman since I think that Brandon Routh will do well depicting the man of steel.

If you can find a pciture (preferably a small one or a link to a big one) go ahead and share.

Feel free to rewrite any of the crummy Batman movie villains.

So to start:

Harley Quinn - Jennifer Tilly
For me its the voice. I think that would go over very well. For those not familiar with Harley, check the link.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harley_Quinn

I see what you mean about Meg Tilly's voice. I think she cold probably pull off the personality too.

I actually liked Nicholson as the Joker. I'm not sure if Hamil could pull it off or not. I'm also not at all sure about Brandon Routh as Superman. I guess as Clark Kent he does seem to resemble Christopher Reeve's portrayal, but Routh seems to fall short as Superman, at least based on the trailers.

Jibar
2006-06-20, 01:26 PM
Have you heard? They got freakin' Nicholas Cage to play Ghostrider! I'm not sure how I feel about this... :-/

I've seen the trailer, and to be honest, he seems looks quite good.
Though, I haven't read any Ghostrider other than a freaking awesome Spidey/Ghostrider crossover.

RecklessFable
2006-06-20, 02:09 PM
Uma Thurman, as anything really. Throw a wig on her and she can play just about any role. She's bloody amazing.

For Harley Quinn I'd like to see the woman who played Callisto on Xena (Hudson Leick).

I think Halle Berry would make a great Catwoman... Oh, wait...

Caillach
2006-06-20, 03:08 PM
WonderWoman: Catherine Zeta Jones. She just seems perfect for the part to me. I don't know why.

okpokalypse
2006-06-20, 03:19 PM
WonderWoman: Catherine Zeta Jones. She just seems perfect for the part to me. I don't know why.

I agree except for one thing: The height.

In the comics she's supposed to be 6' tall. Although, I think with the magic of movies, a 5'7" Zeta-Jones will more than suffice :).

You know it's more than likely they'd cast Liv Tyler as Wonder Woman though... I hate hollywood sometimes.

Otterella
2006-06-20, 03:35 PM
In my book, Lucy Lawless would be the perfect WonderWoman. I mean isn't she just a modern Xena?

Oh, and Will Smith for the Green Lantern. Mmmmm...

Eriol
2006-06-20, 06:18 PM
In my book, Lucy Lawless would be the perfect WonderWoman. I mean isn't she just a modern Xena?
Nah. Keep her as a Cylon. She's been doing good in that job.

;)

(probably the right look though I'll admit)

CelestialStick
2006-06-20, 06:28 PM
I'm not sure about Catherine Zeta Jones as Wonder Woman. Wonder Woman is good looking but not seductive, and I've yet to see Catherine Zeta Jones play a character without coming across as seductive. Basically in the TV ads she does for that phone company she's selling sex.

I could sort of see Lucy Lawless as Wonder Woman but she's so associated with Xena that I think it would be hard to separate the two. I'm still not sure what I think of her as a cylon even. I think she's so stereotyped as Xena that it's really hard to see her as anything else--perhaps she's just not a sufficiently talented actress.

Now Hudson Leik I can definitely see as Harley Quinn. There is something off with every character she plays, and that sense of offness would work perfectly as Quinn. Please though spare us from Liv Tyler as Wonder Woman!

I could see Will Smith as a Green Lantern, but as a new Green Lantern, not as John Stewart. I just don't see Smith as hard and cynical enough for John Stewart. I wouldn't mind, however, seeing Smith play a new, more light-hearted black Green Lantern.

Otterella
2006-06-20, 09:10 PM
Just think how much cooler (no pun intended) Mr. Freeze could have been if played by Patrick Stewart instead of the Governator.

Oh, and Wil Wheaton as Robin. He's still got such a baby face.

Tiberian
2006-06-20, 09:47 PM
Maybe a buffed-up Haley Joel Osment as one of the younger Robins.

CelestialStick
2006-06-20, 10:15 PM
Just think how much cooler (no pun intended) Mr. Freeze could have been if played by Patrick Stewart instead of the Governator.

Oh, and Wil Wheaton as Robin. He's still got such a baby face.
Wow, you have some wild ideas, Ms Otter! :D I really liked Ahhhhhnold as Mr. Freeze, though I'm sure that Patrick Stewart could do a good job as he is so amazingly versatile.

Wil Wheaton as Robin? Hmm. Does anyone remember him in Stand by Me? He put in an excellent performance. Which Robin would he be? I mean, he's probably too old to be a Robin, but maybe Night Wing?

Maybe a buffed-up Haley Joel Osment as one of the younger Robins.

Who?

Tiberian
2006-06-20, 10:56 PM
Who?
The "I see dead people" kid in The Sixth Sense.
Also played in Pay it Forward. Also, Forrest's son in Forrest Gump.

Durin
2006-06-21, 12:13 AM
, and Will Smith for the Green Lantern. Mmmmm...

.... NO!!! it should be wesley snipes if he can do blade he can do the new more broody version of the lantern

Otterella
2006-06-21, 08:25 AM
Later on yesterday evening, after my post re: Wil Wheaton, by pure coincidence, I ran across this wonderful picture:

http://youknitwhat.blogspot.com/2005/12/did-i-post-this-yet.html

It's out there in many places, so I'm sure others have seen it. I just think it's absolutely hilarious. Does this disqualify him for Robin?

Beleriphon
2006-06-21, 11:21 AM

It's out there in many places, so I'm sure others have seen it. I just think it's absolutely hilarious. Does this disqualify him for Robin?

No, but that sure would be a great shirt for the Joker's henchmorons to wear.

CelestialStick
2006-06-21, 08:24 PM
The "I see dead people" kid in The Sixth Sense.
Also played in Pay it Forward. Also, Forrest's son in Forrest Gump.
Hmm. I think I could see him as the Tim Drake Robin, if he's still young enough. He might be too old now.

Later on yesterday evening, after my post re: Wil Wheaton, by pure coincidence, I ran across this wonderful picture:

Gah! My EYES!!!
Let's just pretend we never saw that. ;)

I still say he's too old now to play Robin. Night Wing maybe.

Otterella
2006-06-21, 08:27 PM
This picture was taken six days ago:

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/4924/HaleyJoelO_Grani_9047860_400.jpg

CelestialStick
2006-06-21, 08:29 PM
This picture was taken six days ago:

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/4924/HaleyJoelO_Grani_9047860_400.jpg
Oh, he's not really a cute little kid anymore is he? He's more like a gawky adolescent. Well maybe now he could play the Burt Ward Robin, er, I mean the **** Grayson Robin. :D

Ing
2006-06-21, 11:36 PM
Christifer Titus as The Joker

has the right face. can do the manic mannerisms and he has the psycotic laugh.

Duddly Moor would make a GREAT mad hatter...if he wasn't too old.......and dead

PS: heard news they ARE doinig an X4

Beleriphon
2006-06-22, 08:06 AM
Duddly Moor would make a GREAT mad hatter...if he wasn't too old.......and dead

PS: heard news they ARE doinig an X4

Yes, or Eric Idle for Made Hatter, he'd be quite good.

and Gwah?!

warmachine
2006-06-22, 08:18 AM
Micheal Keaton as Judge Dredd. His portrayal of Batman is just the anti-hero-in-uniform that's needed.

Yes, I know the film's already been done but that monstrosity should be ERASED!

Beleriphon
2006-06-22, 10:24 AM
I want to see Gary Oldman as Iron Man.

Ing
2006-06-22, 01:05 PM
DUddly Moore could do Iron man ;)

"My doctor hash advised me to have 6 of thessshe an hour" /: }

Faticus
2006-06-22, 01:58 PM
Mickal Jackson can be cat woman ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jibar
2006-06-22, 02:18 PM
You're going straight to hell for that comment...
And, really, X4?

Quixotic
2006-06-23, 09:45 AM
I want to see Gary Oldman as Iron Man.

This was funnier when I misread it as Gary Coleman.

I thought Morena Baccarin was going to be Wonder Woman.

Dags
2006-06-23, 08:59 PM
Vin Diesel could do a nice John Stewart.

Nick Cage got Ghostrider because of his eyes... kind of a lame reason.

If you don't think Catherin Zeta-Jones would make a nice Wonder Woman, I refer you to Dave Chappelle's stand up routine involving Wonder Woman. I can't post it here, but you should find it.

Iron Man is a tough one, because his background is cemented in American history... making him around 50 something now (based on my dad, who was 18 when he served in Vietnam during the last year of the war, being in his early 50's). It would require a complete rewrite. But, if they DID rewrite it, him being a POW in the Gulf war... Matthew McCauneghy (whatever his name is).

Michael Jackson could play the male Wonder Twin... he liked monkeys and little boys, right? And his power was kinda gay. But, they'd have to have Janet play the chick... cuz she's got a nice rack.

CelestialStick
2006-06-24, 02:35 AM
I was thinking that Bruce Campbell could probably pull off both Elan and Nale. Some of you know that Bruce Campbell, among his many other roles, played Autulyclus, King of Thieves in Hercules and Xena episodes. That reminded me of Ted Raimi, who played Joxer--and Joxer's evil twin brother--in episodes of Hercules and especially Xena. Ted Raimi would be perfect for the role of the Elan/Nale, and it would be even funnier, since Campbell and Raimi have appeared together in so many movies and tv shows if then Campbell played either Xykon or, better yet, the goblin leader Redlcloak or whatever his name is.

The_Pyre
2006-07-28, 04:35 AM
In the first volume of The Ultimates, they had this chat about movie casting. Just for kicks, I'm posting it here. :D

Captain America: Brad Pitt
Giant Man: Matthew McConnaughey (or however you spell that)
The Wasp: Lucy Liu
Nick Fury: Samuel L. Jackson
Iron Man: Johnny Depp
Bruce Banner: Steve Buscemi

I particularly agree about the Iron Man and Nick Fury choices... but overall if they were to make an Ultimates movie, that cast would rock. ;)

Jarl
2006-07-28, 10:37 PM
Jake Gyllenhaal would be great as Terry from Batman Beyond, or as Venom but that's not going to happen now, is it?
*sigh*
Yeah, Picard as Freeze, I like that. I hear Heath Ledger is officially Joker now, he might be good.

-Rosalinda Celentano as Varsuuvius! *hides*

Duncan_MacSmasher
2006-07-29, 12:31 PM
Doom thinks that Samuel L. Jackson would work as GL John Stewart.

Logic
2006-07-30, 01:18 AM
i really prefer to go with lesser known actors and actresses, since shoehorning well-known and popular actors into certain roles often ruins the experience for me

the ones previously posted that i do agree on

Hudson Leick as Harley Quinn (OMG please dont let it be Tilly. Harley Quinn is my favorite female comic book character of all time [i know she originated from the Animated Series], and i dont think that Jennifer Tilly is the right choice)
Christopher Titus as The Joker (the face, the voice, seems to fit rather well, like a glove almost)
Mark Hammil as The Joker (I'm sorry, but his voice work on the animated series will forever be my template for The Joker)
Wil Wheaton as **** Grason/Robin/Nightwing would not be a bad choice at all.
Eric Idle as The Mad Hatter seems perfect
Morena Baccarin as Wonder Woman just looks right. i imagine she will do justice to the role.

the hardest one for me to actually pin down is Tony Stark/Iron Man. no one looks right to me, or has the mannerisms correct. the closest actor that i can readily think of is Johnny Depp, and he doesnt have the voice i expect for iron man.

one exception to my "lesser known" rule, i do think that Matt Damon has that "All American" look to him, and the voice seems right to play Captain America

Jarl
2006-07-30, 02:51 AM
Actually... Matt Damon as Captain America... I could see that. Yeah.
Back to Batman Beyond, though. David Duchovny is the face I always see when I think of Shriek, the sound guy. Blight would have to be an older man, but still well-built. I can think of dozens of people.
Huh.
What about the "Sexy Beast" guy? I'd buy him as Blight. He could even keep the accent, it would go well with the character.

-Inque would be mostly CG/Makeup, the assassin chick (Cirare?) could be anybody, Spellbinder could be anybody, the Jokerz are just punks, and... I can't think of any other characters... Oh, yeah, the Chimera, same as Inque.

Old_el_Paso
2006-07-31, 04:55 PM
.... NO!!! it should be wesley snipes if he can do blade he can do the new more broody version of the lantern
Huh... I didn't know that anyone gave a crap about John Stewart.

Edit:

Sandman and Crimson Avenger- Matt and Ben?

If they put Spoiler/Girl Robin they'd probably put that annoying-ass Dakota Fanning, but that's all I know about little kid actors.

Artisan
2006-08-01, 11:01 AM
People should be, in my opinion, estactic that Nicholas Cage is playing Ghost Rider. Why, you aks? He loves the comic books. Absolutely adores them! He has a Ghost Rider tattoo that they ahd to cover up with makeup during the shoot!

Anyway...

Crispin Glover would make a great Jokerl, in my humble opinion

Jack_Banzai
2006-08-01, 03:32 PM
Anyone got any casting ideas for Y: The Last Man?

Old_el_Paso
2006-08-02, 05:09 PM
Huh? Who's that?

Jack_Banzai
2006-08-02, 06:44 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y_the_last_man

one of my favorite comic book series to arise in the last few years.

Logic
2006-09-07, 08:20 PM
My choice is Michael T Weiss (From the TV show The Pretender) as Tony Stark/Iron Man

Beleriphon
2006-09-07, 09:03 PM
If I might, Leiv Schreiber as Harvy Dent.

Jack_Banzai
2006-09-08, 02:56 PM
I read it somewhere else, but John Cusack = Jack Knight (Starman).

McDeath
2006-09-14, 03:16 AM
Jason Statham IS the Punisher.

Unfortunately, they've already made the movie. *sigh*

And it's a pretty shade of gray, that makes the woodwork eat away...

bongotezz
2006-09-14, 07:28 PM
Or just have Mark Hamill play a live action Joker, I just love the cartoon Joker's voice.

" --Spider-Man

you might want to check out the live action flash TV series. he did a good job as the trickster