PDA

View Full Version : Dungeons&Fortresses

Corporate M
2010-05-11, 04:39 AM
This is only vaguely related to TF2. Mostly in name and the theme of the weapons... Otherwise, it's just an attempt to powerup some 3.5 D&D classes. Mostly the ones of tier-5 and tier-4...

The way this is done, is by giving them a choice. By choosing a TF2 class, it is a sortof unwritten pact to stay within the confine of those classes, if multiclassing at all. Prestige classes would have to be taken with caution. But all in all, here is my first example. (Which invovles my favorite class, but I'd plan to do all 9 eventually...)

The principle of this is that the TF2 class segregates the D&D character, binding them into a set of classes they can level in, in exchange for three "slots". A primary, secondary, and teritary slot. You only have access to one "unlock" per level. I will list six of them, that means it'll take you to be level 6 to have all of them to choose from, and choose the three you wish to imbed into your character for the next 24 hours. It's like vancian magic of "preparing spells per day". Or more accurately like magic of incarnum's chakra points and it holds and has written effects...

The Spy:
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081008225816/teamfortress/images/thumb/6/66/TFC_Spy.png/260px-TFC_Spy.png
Base Classes: Rogue, Ninja, or Spelltheif.
Poissible Prestige Classes: Assassin, Daggerspell Mage, Shadowmind, Spymaster, or Thief Acrobat.

TRANQUILIZER: [Primary-Spy] Usable 1/day per level (max 6)
Damage: 1d6 (Piercing) Critical: 19-20 Multiplyer: x2 Range: 20ft
Effect: Target takes -2 on attack rolls for 1d6 rounds. This effect does not stack. (So if someone's been infected, they can't be so again untill the rounds are up)

AMBASSADOR: [Primary-Spy] Usable 1/day per level (max 6)
Damage: 1d10 (bludgeon/piercing) Critical: 19-20 Multiplyer: x3 Range: 20ft
Effect: If combined with sneak attack or sudden strike, you gain +4 on confirmation rolls with this unlock.

DEADRINGER: [Secondary-Spy] Usable 1/day per level (max 3)
Effect 1: Reduce all damage done to you by 4.
Effect 2: If you're dealt damage, (after consulting the reduction of damage) you may activate the deadringer's encounter use as a free action, and gain concealment for 3 rounds.
Erratta 1: "Reduce damage" doesn't mean "damage reduction" as an ability, and therefore they can stack.
Erratta 2: Though the reduction of damage is always on prior to activating the deadringer, once you activate the deadringer, it is used up, and you no longer reduce damage with attacks.

CLOAK&DAGGER: [Secondary-Spy] Usable: At-will
Effect: As long as you are not moving, you have concealment.

HALLUCINATION GRENADE: [Teritary-Spy] Usable: 1/day per level (max 3)
Effect: In a range of a 40ft spread, all caught in it who are not allies, must make a will saving throw DC 13 or become panicked for 1d6 rounds.

HACK-O-TRON 3000: [Teritary-Spy] Usable: 1/day per level (max 3)
Effect: Within a range of 40ft, the target you inflict the hack-o-tron 3000 on must make a will save, DC 15, or become confused for a number of rounds equal to your character level.

The hack-o-tron was not my idea, nor was it ever a TF weapon. (The tranquilizer was atleast in TFC) Instead, it's an old webpage with some decent ideas where most of the pyro ones got implemented under a different name. (I've thought of the man sapper before I saw this webpage, but instead referred to it as the weapon sapper, and rather then absorb ammo, it merely disabled use of the weapon and you had to pick a different weapon to attack)

http://www.pentadact.com/index.php/2008-05-31-team-fortress-2-unlockable-ideas

Either way, I'm hoping to improve some of the weaker classes as well as bring this fun addition to possibly create a TF2 enviorment for PCs! I feel as though this doesn't buff up the classes too much. As these "unlocks" are really no stronger then low level tome of battle manuevers. But instead just give them a little something extra to stay competitive and be fun by creating new abilities. It refreshes the game to see new stuff. I tried to keep it scaled so it's not so front-loaded, and the times per day plus not even having all three slots atleast untill level 3, (let alone getting to choose what you use) prevents that!