PDA

View Full Version : Preacher

Dhavaer
2006-08-16, 10:47 PM
Has anyone made a thread about Preacher yet? I just started reading yesterday, I got up to Cassidy meeting his reporter friend.

The main thing I have to say is that the Saint of Killers oozes style.

Quincunx
2006-08-18, 10:45 AM
I don't think it's possible to read entirely through Preacher and not get offended by something, somewhere. Still, it hooks into your midsection and jerks the laughter out of you, if only because screaming at human. . .humanity isn't an option.

Thes Hunter
2006-08-22, 10:20 PM
Ennis is god. Really. Ok, well, maybe not, but I won't speak about that until you finish the series.

I remember sitting in the diag of my campus green and counting, out loud of course, the number of a given expliative starting with the letter F in one issue. (Yes, this was the time where you could only buy issues, and they came out monthly, so you had to wait to see what was coming next. Yes, I know those yester-years were sooo horrible)

However, even with the ending, I would highly recommend the series to anyone. Maybe just because Jesse Custer just oozes style, and Tulip is every bit the woman I would want to be.

Dhavaer
2006-08-23, 02:17 AM
Well, I finished Gone to Texas, and that seems it will be the end of me reading Preacher until Borders gets the next book in.

Jack_Banzai
2006-08-23, 05:09 AM
Ennis is god. Really. Ok, well, maybe not, but I won't speak about that until you finish the series.

Just out of curiosity, how much of Garth Ennis' other stuff have you read?

Smashymcsmash
2006-08-23, 12:26 PM
Preacher very good. Garth's original punisher run was great. The ongoing was good for awhile but it got repetitive.

Dhavaer
2006-08-26, 04:17 AM
Well, I'm up to book three. Herr Starr is hilarious.

orange
2006-08-26, 12:50 PM
Indeed, Starr is my favorite villain ever.

Dhavaer
2006-08-26, 07:02 PM
And having the Saint go to town on the bad guys was great.