PDA

View Full Version : Neverending Dungeon - Grom Windsinger (Falconknight06)

NeverEnding DM
2010-05-12, 12:49 AM
The air surrounding you fairly hums with the residue of magic, an aftereffect of the spell that brought you to this place. A quick glance reveals that you are in a small room, devoid of any life save for yourself. The sound of dripping water can be heard faintly, and the stone walls are slick with moisture. In complete defiance of logic, a torch is already lit, resting in a sconce near the room's single door.

Map:{table]|A_|B_|C_
1|||
2||S|
3|||
4|||[/table]

There is a door at C-4, south side.

DM notes:Sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=206635)

Falconknight06
2010-05-12, 03:36 PM
Well, that was unexpected the hadozee will say to himself, looking around the room. After realizing there is no one else present, Grom will move to pick up the torch that is lying on the floor and move towards the door. He will then search the door for any hidden features (traps).

Search
[roll0]

qoalabear
2010-05-12, 04:07 PM
You reach to pull the torch out of the sconce on the wall, and
It comes free. Seems safe enough.
You find no traps, but your astute analysis finds that the door is a thick slab of metal that slides sideways into the wall. Very heavy, very sturdy, contains lead. There's a small indentation to help you grip it when doing so. In RAW-land, they can only be open or closed, nothing in between.

Falconknight06
2010-05-12, 06:59 PM
Well, I guess its about time I figure out where I am Grom whispers to himself as he places his hands into the "handle" on the door and pulls to open it, the torch tucked into a special holder in his backpack made to hold a torch while his hands stay free.

qoalabear
2010-05-12, 07:09 PM
The door slides open easily, revealing an unlit hall running to the south and east.
To the east: After 10', the corridor splits north and south. After 30', there's a door on the north wall. The corridor continues outside of your sight.
To the south: After 20', the corridor splits east. It stops 30' from you at a T-intersection.

Falconknight06
2010-05-12, 10:42 PM
Well, South has always been good to me Grom thinks to himself as he heads towards the T-intersection at the end of the walkway, and he peers down both directions of the T.

Spot Check
[roll0]

qoalabear
2010-05-13, 03:16 PM
You pass the eastwards branch, which goes 10' east before turning north. You barely glimpse a door to the east just around the corner.

At the T-intersection:
To the west, the corridor turns south 10' away.
To the east, the corridor turns north 40' away. There's a door on the north wall at 35'.

Falconknight06
2010-05-16, 09:12 PM
Hmm, a door. Lets check that out Grom thinks to himself, heading to the door to his east. He puts his ear to the door, listening intently while also searching for any surprises the door might have.

Listen [roll0]
Search [roll1]

qoalabear
2010-05-16, 09:29 PM
The corridor runs 40' north before turning east. The path splits to the east and west 20' away (The N-S split visible east of the starting room from another angle).

Opening the door reveals the following room:
{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_
1|||||
2|||||
3|||||
4||||B|H[/table]
There is a door at A-2, another at E-4, south side and another at E-3. There is a human wearing a chain shirt and holding a longsword standing behind a beast with patchy dark fur that covers its unhealthy shrunken black skin in some places. Open sores dot its hide and a feral, catlike head glances with it's blank eyes at the wall in front of it.
Initiative:[roll0]

You are just outside the door at A-2.

Falconknight06
2010-05-17, 07:28 PM
Initiative
[roll0]

qoalabear
2010-05-17, 08:05 PM
The beast disappears as the human begins muttering.

A frigid beam erupts from the humans fingertip.
[roll0] (vs Flat-footed Touch AC)
[roll1]

qoalabear
2010-05-17, 08:06 PM
He then opens the door behind him. You can see a corridor that runs north and south behind him.

Falconknight06
2010-05-18, 02:48 PM
Dammit you bastard! I've never been a fan of the cold beams, but cold steel on the otherhand Grom says as he moves sideways to C-1, drawing his shortbow as part of the move, and he fires an arrow at the man in the chainshirt.

Attack
[roll0]

Damage from Bow
[roll1]

Damage from Skirmish
[roll2]

qoalabear
2010-05-18, 03:45 PM
Your arrow sinks into the man, injuring him badly.

Through gritted teeth, he mutters a few more words, and you see a flash of colors.
Make a will save.

Falconknight06
2010-05-18, 06:59 PM
Damn you sorceror Grom yells as he tries to quickly close his eyes

Will Save
[roll0]

qoalabear
2010-05-18, 07:03 PM
Nope. This spell is why solo level 1 characters need to mind their will saves.

Unconscious+Stunned+Blinded for [roll0] rounds.
Stunned+Blinded for [roll1] rounds.
Stunned for 1 round.

qoalabear
2010-05-18, 07:05 PM
Coup de Grace rolls:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Yay! My second player kill! Will saves are useful things. Alternatively, try to squeeze out a little more damage to kill him first.

Rebuild/retry?

Falconknight06
2010-05-19, 12:16 AM
Coup de Grace rolls:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Yay! My second player kill! Will saves are useful things. Alternatively, try to squeeze out a little more damage to kill him first.

Rebuild/retry?

I think I'll build a new character in the recruitment thread. I have a few ideas