PDA

View Full Version : Battle Pope!

Lord Iames Osari
2006-07-29, 02:12 PM
This comic is hilariously ridiculous. Has anyone else seen/read it?

Dhavaer
2006-07-30, 01:33 AM
I've heard of it, but nothing more.

Fri
2006-07-30, 01:44 AM
Would you, ah... enlighten us about this interesting thing, than just say that this comic is hilariously ridiculous?

Because I've never heard about it

Beleriphon
2006-07-30, 02:38 AM
http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/images/G/G7863.jpg

Dhavaer
2006-07-30, 02:58 AM

Wow...

I think it's the cigar that sells that...

Jarl
2006-07-30, 03:11 AM
Is that "Moore" as in... Alan Moore?

-Is this what he's doing rather than publishing League Volume 3?!!!!?

Lord Iames Osari
2006-07-30, 03:35 AM
And that guy cringing in the back?

That's Jesus. ;D If you couldn't tell.

Scion_of_the_Light
2006-07-30, 02:54 PM
The idea of it sounds funny. It's a little...blasphemous, though, and has a high chance of offending people.

Though, I must admit, I love the premise. I can just imagine the sound effects: BAM, POW, EXCOMMUNICATE!

Smashymcsmash
2006-07-30, 06:07 PM
Love BattlePope!!

Duncan_MacSmasher
2006-07-30, 10:43 PM
Is that actually Alan Moore and Robert Kirkman writing about "Battle Pope?"

. . .

. . .

. . .

ZEE OH EHM EFF GEEZUS AWESOME!

Artisan
2006-07-31, 06:06 PM
Unfortunately, it's just Tony Moore, not Alan Moore.

Ing
2006-07-31, 08:19 PM
What you think the chances of this getting locked are?

Dhavaer
2006-07-31, 08:22 PM
Slim. It's a legit thread about a legit comic, which I would read if I ever found it. It looks great.

Abd al-Azrad
2006-07-31, 08:32 PM
Dang. Here I thought my friends made up the idea of a Battlepope. I need to remember never to trust anyone, when they claim they have an original idea.

Awesome. Jesus sells it.

Dhavaer
2006-07-31, 08:39 PM
Personally I think it's the cigar that sells it.

Steward
2006-07-31, 10:45 PM
Dhaevar, you already said that. Dhaevar, you said that already.

Dhavaer
2006-07-31, 11:06 PM
*stab*

Misspelling my name is not acceptable.

Smashymcsmash
2006-08-02, 12:09 AM
My wife got a letter printed in BattlePope.

Dhavaer
2006-08-02, 06:01 AM
My wife got a letter printed in BattlePope.

Your wife is awesome.

Smashymcsmash
2006-08-02, 09:08 AM
Your wife is awesome.

I agree. ;D

Dhavaer
2006-08-02, 02:41 PM
What was the letter about?

NinjaFish
2006-08-02, 06:08 PM
My fiance accompanied me into a comic shop, and when she noticed some "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" comics on a shelf, began asking if there were comic versions of everything, starting with CNN and finally ending at the pope. The comic dealer fella piped up and informed us that it did exist.

I bought it for her for an anniversary gift. She seemed to like it.

My personal favorite bit is Jesus' shirt: it proudly carries the slogan "What would I do?" ;D

Smashymcsmash
2006-08-02, 11:42 PM
It was posted in Battle Pope #4. I edited the profanity which was printed in the letters page(hopefully it will be okay here like this)but here it is:

Hey Rob!

I almost met you at Wizard World Chicago 2004. I was on my way to the Bendis line, and a stack of Battle Pope comics caught my eye. I said, 'Hey is the Battle Pope guy around?' And someone said, 'He's eating. You can wait around if you want.' I looked at the Bendis line and made a judgment call. No offense, dude, but the point of the story is that I was like 'dude! Battle Pope!' Are you a sexy bald man? I wait in line for sexy bald men.

I was told it was going to be reprinted from Image. I was psyched! I read Battle Pope when I worked a comic shop years ago and demanded others read it. It was well received.

Fast forward to the solicitation in Previews. I ordered Battle Pope. It never came. Finally, I inquired about Battle Pope at my store. My comic shop owner swore up and down he had filled the order. He says, 'I put it in your folder myself!' No Battle Pope. He reorders.

I walk into my comic shop and he says, 'Yeah, I got your Battle Pope, but it's used.' 'Used?' I ask. 'Yeah, I had to read this. I figure if someone is stealing it out of your sub folder it must be good. It was hilarious!' So he says he will order enough Battle Pope for me and whoever is stealing my Battle Pope issues.

Anyway, I am very psyched to see Battle Pope in color. I hope you write MORE Battle Pope.

If you are ever in the area, come to a con in Boston. You can crash at my house. I have Tivo!

To which he replied

You chose Bendis' line over ME?! F*** that. What's THAT guy ever done. Oh right--you made the right choice. That's what I get for eating for four hours every day of that con.

Sorry about that. It seems, the type of people who enjoy Battle Pope are the type of people that would have no problem stealing a copy out of your reserve folder so THEY could buy it. You're all a bunch of bastards. I'm happy to hear that the problem has been fixed though.

Tivo--man, I can't live wihtout that s***. Truly that thing was a gift from God--it's solid proof that all this religion bulls*** isn't complete baloney!