PDA

View Full Version : Frank Zappa

Superglucose
2010-05-12, 11:46 PM
Looking for FZ fans in the playground. I'm talking hard-core "I loved We're Only In It for the Money" fans and casual fans a like. It's so hard these days to find people who appreciate his musical genius!

They had a Zappa tribute concert at the local uni a few years back (ok like 5 or 7 years back) which I loved and was amazing.

My favorite song is probably Zomby Woof from "Best Band," I love the jazz stylings coupled with great lyrics, great beat, and great soloes. Andy from the same album is up there too... that entire album is like comfort music.

Mauve Shirt
2010-05-13, 07:22 AM
The only Frank Zappa song I've ever heard is "Dancin' Fool". It's pretty catchy.

Devixer
2010-05-15, 03:53 PM
Frank Zappa is one of those artists in the rotation for my all-time favorite musician. I'm particulary fond of the "Shiek Yerbouti" album in its entirety, and I am also partial to "Shut Up and Play Yer Guitar."

Szilard
2010-05-15, 03:59 PM
Our marching band did a Frank Zappa show this/last year. It was pretty awesome.

Moff Chumley
2010-05-15, 07:06 PM
I'm partial to Jazz From Hell, m'self... he's also one of the more quotable people ever. :smallcool:

The Big Dice
2010-05-16, 09:20 AM
I'm quite partial to Joe's Garage myself. Though Bongo Fury and Ship Arriving Too Late To Save a Drowning Witch are up there too.

Arcane_Secrets
2010-05-16, 11:37 PM
I'd say my favorite is "Dumb All Over".