PDA

View Full Version : Super teams

Hoorex
2006-06-24, 01:37 PM
Okay well heres the idea. We get awhole buncha people, each of them make a team of five with any superheros they want. The brand doesnt matter, and I suppose villans could be used as well. But once that's done we disscuss about how the battles would go if they fought one another.

Oh and by the way, don't be a meanie and put galactus(sp?) and onsaulght, or cosmic spidy on your team.

I unno, I thought it'd be cool, so here goes:

Deadpool: Team leader. Why? He's funny as hell and has a way with words to annoy the hell out of any enemy.

Spidey: Second in command and Stealth guy. Why? Deadpool think's he's funny...and he runs around in tights. A guy after my own heart. Almost brings tears to your eyes, don't it?

Ironman: Tech guy, what more can you say. Also, willing to pay for dinner.

Spawn: Badass, nuff said.

Hulk: The bulk to back up the bulk.

Ing
2006-06-24, 01:52 PM
leader: Lex Luther... the perfect tactician and organizer

second in command: Magneto, powerful and charaismatic and smart enough to be a good feild comander

mad hatter: because its always better to control and currupt then destroy

juggernaut: for brute strength

Green GOblin for ranged and aerial assaults.

Hoorex
2006-06-24, 02:02 PM
I gotta question. You ever notice how in the comics Lex is invincible? I thought he was a normal human...whats the deal with that?

Ing
2006-06-24, 02:05 PM
no he's just very intelligent and ruthless. i'm using the black-animated luther/pesident luther incarnation myself. the corrprut God luther. not the invincible batle armor luther.

Idiotbox90
2006-06-24, 03:19 PM
Leader: Dr. Doom, great magic power and genius intellect.

Other Leader: Batman, must you ask?

Yet Another Leader: Lex Luthor, I repeat, must you ask?

Just For ***** and Giggles: Deadpool, someone has to keep this team from sitting around all day making contingency plans.

Because he has to make an Appearance to Boost Sales: Wolverine, Marvel dictates that Wolverine must appear in every series at some point.

Dawnstrider_Moogle
2006-06-24, 04:48 PM
Okay, watch this.

Martian Manhunter - to telepathically link everyone, plus because he's super-strong, super-fast, shapeshifting, flying, nearly invulnerable...and, it should be noted, the only member of the Justice League able to counter Batman's contingency plan against him without any help.
Rhona Burchill - AKA the Ultimate Mad Thinker. Super-super-super-genius, especially in the area of psychology and neurology. Also has a pretty nifty suit in which she was able to knock out Iceman, Shadowcat and Wolverine in a fair fight by herself.
Ultimate Captain America - master tactician, super-soldier, master fighter. "Ultimate" because the Ultimate version is actually superhumanly strong, as opposed to the main version who's "merely" the peak of human strength.
Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner) - their linked psyches will give him greater power; I don't know if it counts as a willpower boost but it will certainly give him some ideas =) Particularly, any way of messing up the opponents' brain that Burchill can devise, his power ring can implement.
Flash (Wally West, pre-"Infinite Crisis") - He can "lend" speed to the others, including enhanced speed of thought.

Strategy:
Flash uses the speed force so that everyone is thinking at superspeed. MM telepathically links everyone. Rhona comes up with something awesome. Captain America comes up with the optimal tactical deployment of that something. Then GL implements it with his ring.

Beleriphon
2006-06-24, 11:43 PM
So any team that I can think of?

The Hulk - Nothing but a pure beat down here. Let him loose and watch the carnage.
Superman - Somebody has to stop the carnage.
Prof. X - Cuz he's cool beans with bacon and a rocket
Commander Keen - He uses a freaking pogo stick to bounce on jabbering mouthy aliens!

Edit:

Not Galactus eh, or Onslaught... Fine then my second team is:

Darkseid
Thanos
Apocalypse
Silver Surfer
Loki (edit: Dr Doom instead)

With this team of god like beings they can do, or create nearly anything that they can think of, in the Surfer's case he's one of the most powerful beings in Marvels universe.

Edit: Upon further consideration I would use Dr Doom instead of Loki.

Gralamin
2006-06-24, 11:47 PM
Leader: Dr. Doom, great magic power and genius intellect.

Other Leader: Batman, must you ask?

Yet Another Leader: Lex Luthor, I repeat, must you ask?

Just For ***** and Giggles: Deadpool, someone has to keep this team from sitting around all day making contingency plans.

Because he has to make an Appearance to Boost Sales: Wolverine, Marvel dictates that Wolverine must appear in every series at some point.
Thats miracously close to what I was thinking of, except magento instead of deadpool

Alchemistmerlin
2006-06-24, 11:53 PM
Deadpool
Agent X
Squirrel Girl
Taskmaster

Squirrel girl is undefeatable. Deadpool and the other 2 are already a totally awesome team. Tada, perfect team.

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/64/confoundtheserodents2wy.png

Maryring
2006-06-25, 07:29 AM
Leader: Serenade (Megaman battle network 3)
Offense: Sailor Saturn/Hotaru Tomoe (Sailor Moon)
Defence: Knightman (Megaman battle network 2)
Recognition: Pikachu (pokemon)
Support: Mia (Golden Sun)
Intelligence: Paula (Earthbound)

This team should be hard pushed to be defeated as they fulfill each others weaknesses quite well. Serenade is practically undefeatable already, and with Knightman helping to protect, and Mia supporting them with healing, they are incredibly strong. Sailor Saturn, in addition to having world destructive powers, have the added benefit of having died several times already. Paula is a very smart lass, and Pikachu is small, nimble and agile, and hard to spot unless she makes herself known.

Dawnstrider_Moogle
2006-06-25, 07:36 AM
Not Galactus eh, or Onslaught... Fine then my second team is:

Darkseid
Thanos
Apocalypse
Silver Surfer
Loki (edit: Dr Doom instead)

With this team of god like beings they can do, or create nearly anything that they can think of, in the Surfer's case he's one of the most powerful beings in Marvels universe.

Edit: Upon further consideration I would use Dr Doom instead of Loki.

Dude, Squirrel Girl would beat your entire team by herself. In fact, I originally put her on my team but then decided to go with the Flash because Squirrel Girl didn't really synergize with what I had going on.

InaVegt
2006-06-25, 07:37 AM
Superman: meatshield
Batman: tactics
Proffesor X: anticipating opponents tactics
Wolverine: another meatshield
Storm: battlefield control
Galactus: sheer awsomeness

Tokeloshe
2006-06-25, 10:55 AM
Leader: Batman

Meat and Main Damage Combo: Rogue (With powers) + Wolverine. Rogue deals the damage, and if she gets injured that's what Wolverine's there for.

Secondary cheese: Superman

Ranged Support: Green Arrow

Communications: Prof X

Emperor Demonking
2006-06-25, 12:14 PM
The brain squad.

Leader: Ozymandias (World's smartes man.)
Deputy: Lex luther. (smart and rich.)
Batman. (Smart, rich and stealthy, and strong.)
Muscle: Dr. doom. (Strong, magical and smart.)
Intelligence gatherer. Proffeser x. (Mind reading."

Beleriphon
2006-06-25, 01:14 PM
Dude, Squirrel Girl would beat your entire team by herself. In fact, I originally put her on my team but then decided to go with the Flash because Squirrel Girl didn't really synergize with what I had going on.

Bah, my team rewrites the universe and imagines your team out of existence. Darkseid then destroys the rest of his team taking control of the universe!

Idiotbox90
2006-06-25, 01:23 PM
You should have kept Loki on the team. He and Deadpool are the only two beings known to know the secret of the universe.

Faticus
2006-06-25, 03:28 PM
Only one person on my team,
The Beyonder

Maryring
2006-06-25, 04:16 PM
I still think my team is very strong. Considering Paula destroyed an evil entity of pure evil on her own, Mia is a master water adept, Serenade is the king/queen of the undernet and Saturn destroyed the world, most would have problems against them.

Steward
2006-06-25, 05:40 PM
Leader: The Tick, a supernaturally strong, nigh-invulnerable weirdo with a heart of gold and a moral for every occasion! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tick)

Co-Leader: Jason Blood, aka Etrigan. Master of the supernatural. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Demon_%28comic%29)

Secretary: Mr. Mxyzptlk, Mischievous prankster and extra-dimensional entity. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mxyzptlk)

Source of Information
Lois Lane, second best reporter in Metropolis. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lois_Lane)

And finally, just for some added muscle:
The incomparable She-Hulk! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/She-Hulk)

duncan
2006-06-25, 05:59 PM
Smash with Magic Man: Loki - I would've taken Doc Strange or Dormammu here, but Loki's got the whole god/immortality thing going on.

Smash with New Realities Man: Nathan Richards - Create your own reality and send people there at will? Sounds powerful to me. And it will sound to you once I send you to my reality!

Smash with Fists Man: Gladiator - He's basically Superman, but with no Kyptonite, and he's a merciless bastard. Plus he's not gay.

Smash with Mind Man: Cable - The world's greatest telepath and telekenetic master who actually does stuff. Plus he's got kickass guns and some superstrength to boot.

Smash with Fists - Again! Man: Destroyer - Not technically a person, but I'll just stick Nathan Summers inside the suit. He's got infinite strenght, something not even the Hulk can boast. Plus energy blasts and indestructibility.

Note that my team has no leader, just lots of different smashers.

Tiberian
2006-06-25, 08:36 PM
My first team is designed to combat street crime, as in the ones commited by normal people. Designed to use the fewest powers as possible.

Leader - Batman: Steath and Tactics
Punisher: We got guns, more guns, and oh yeah, guns. Knives too.
Daredevil: Steath and legal defense
Catwoman: The Inside Mind + Undercover Op

My second team is a more generic group.
Brick: Thor - Brick with ranged attacks.
Energy Projector: Green Lantern or Silver Surfer - nasty cosmic power either way.
Gadgeteer: Batman - The Belt of Many Things and to teach Spider-Man actual martial arts. Money helps.
Powered Armor: Iron Man - for powers and money
Martial Artist (Agile): Spider-Man - One of the most versatile characters...ever. (IMHO)
Psion: Emma Frost - Phoenix lite

Alchemistmerlin
2006-06-25, 10:09 PM
Bah, my team rewrites the universe and imagines your team out of existence. Darkseid then destroys the rest of his team taking control of the universe!

Problem: Squirrel Girl's power is Plot Armor. Her power is "can defeat anyone, especially with rediculous odds"

So Squirrel girl wins :)

Caillach
2006-06-26, 01:14 AM
Smash with Fists Man: Gladiator - He's basically Superman, but with no Kyptonite, and he's a merciless bastard. Plus he's not gay.

alright...
a) Superman has a girlfriend pudding for brains

and
b)I need to think about my team some more. this is very hard.

AmoDman
2006-06-26, 05:33 AM
Team Leader: Tony Stark, aka, Ironman.

Why? Excellent leadership qualities, and he can lead his team almost anywhere.

Shifty Recconaisance/Honorary Second: Nightcrawler

Why? Kurt's got the smarts and friendliness to keep the group together, as well as the high-mindedness to keep them on the right path.

Brute Tank: Colossus

Why? He's the 'Effing Colossus. I'd love to see him have more spotlight, and he's got the right character for this team.

The Kid: Iceman

Why? Hotheaded Ice Man Bobby Drake FTW. His powers are fun, and you know Tony would put them to good use.

The Muscle: Wolverine

Why? I'm not sure myself. I tried to avoid this over-used staple, but he seems to round out this group with his personality and aid-able abilities quite well.

Honorable Mentions: Batman is good, but he works alone (and clashes with Tony Stark as the rich one ;)). The human torch might've made a nice touch, but Tony mostly has his place covered, and Iceman works better. The Green Lantern might've been nice to add his abilities, but he's too confusing over which Green Lantern it is and tied to his inter-galactic police squad. Spiderman w/Nightcrawler is redundant, and Peter has...social issues. The Burnout/Grunge from Gen-13 combo pack is always good, but they're too much the kid, and only fit in the Gen-13 group really (an originally interesting one already). My group does seem a little old though...Kitty might've worked, but seemed a little unnecessary with Nightcrawler in the group as well.