PDA

View Full Version : Spellfiend Gnoll! (3.5)

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-05-14, 12:13 AM
The Spellfiend Gnoll is a gnoll warped and twisted by magical experiments. They are usually deranged.

Ps. I know I used the "Spell Absorption" power on the Searotter Golem but I changed it a little and I think it works great on the Spellfiend Gnoll.

Spellfiend Gnoll CR 2
Usually Chaotic Evil Medium Aberration
Init +1

AC 15 FF 14 Touch 11
(+1 Dex, +4 natural)
HD 2
HP 15 (2d8+6)
Fort +6 Ref +1 Will +0

Speed 6 squares (30 ft)
Base Atk +1 Grp +5
Attack Battleaxe +5 1d8+4
Attack Short bow +2 1d6+0
Full Attack Battleaxe +5 1d8+4
Full Attack Short bow +2 1d6+0

Space 1 square (5 ft) Reach 1 square (5 ft)
Abilities: Str 19(+4) Dex 12(+1) Con 17(+3) Int 12(+1) Wis 11(+0) Cha 8(-1)
Total Feats 1
Skill Points 15
Skills Listen +2.5, Sense Motive +2.5, Spot +2.5
Gear
Total Cost of Gear 0gp
Darkvision(Su) 60ft
Spell Absorption(Su) Whenever a spell fails to penetrate a Spellfiend Gnoll's spell resistance, the creature gains one of the following benefits, chosen at the time that the spell resolves.
-Strength The Spellfiend Gnoll gains +3 enhancement bonus to Strength for 1 minute.
-Energy The Spellfiend Gnoll gains temporary hit points equal to 3X the level of the failed spell.
-Speed The Spellfiend Gnoll's base speed increases by a number of squares equal to the level of the failed spell.
-Bloodlust The Spellfiend Gnoll gains a +2d6 bonus to damage but every round they don't attack they lose 1d6 hp.
-Regeneration The Spellfiend Gnoll gains Regeneration 5 for 10 rounds.
Spell Resistance(Ex) 16

Advancement By character class

nxwtypx
2010-05-15, 09:56 AM
Regeneration is such a sticky thing, I nearly always use Fast Healing on my homebrew monsters.

If you want to use regeneration, what deals normal damage to a Spellfiend when its regeneration kicks in? And how long does said regeneration last?

Otherwise, cool idea!