PDA

View Full Version : star wars Vs real life

dehro
2010-05-14, 09:54 AM
the latest comic (723) brought back to my mind a family anecdote that still makes me giggle and I feel like sharing.

my sister got married 2-3 years ago with a dude by the name of gabriele. his father had died when he was about 14, and that long after his parents had divorced. (so there was no contact whatsoever between them when this happened)

now a year or 2 ago, my brother in law is trawling the web when skype flashes up. it's a guy who tells him something in the lines of "hello, I'm your father..want to catch up?"...
turns out the guy had done a runner from some shady business partners, and had vamoosed, faking his own death. did a spell in prison too, since he was at it.
anyway, gabriele never got in touch with the guy..to this day..which however is irrelevant to the rest of the anecdote...
he told me the gist of the thing whilst he was in the car with my sister..then handed over the phone to her so she could fill me in on the details...
me being the arse I am and not being very good at comforting speaches, I asked her to put her husband back on the line and proceded with heavy breathing, followed by the immortal line
"luke, I am your father"...

needless to say, he and my sister had to stop the car along the road and sit there laughing their arse off for several minutes..

to this day, he still has the darth vader-skype logo on his profile.