PDA

View Full Version : Peter Parker vs. Clark Kent

The Glyphstone
2006-06-15, 08:24 AM
No superpowers...resources of their secret cover identities only. Fire away, vs. fans!

Korith
2006-06-15, 08:33 AM
Clark starts typing

Peter takes a picture

A picture is worth a thousand words, and Clark would need to use his super powers to keep up.

Peter Parker wins.

KayJay
2006-06-15, 08:39 AM
Clark Kent knows Lois Lane who knows Superman, who kicks Peter Parker's ass. Wait a minute...

sun_tzu
2006-06-15, 08:44 AM
Clarck Kent. He's a talented, successful reporter with a lot of skill, a drive that matches Parker's, and better health.
Peter Parker has lots of experience brawling, and is more than just a little clever, but superpowers aside, Kent's stronger and tougher than him, not to mention a lot less emo.
Close fight, but I think Clarck wins 60% of the time.
But I love 'em both. ;D

Tokeloshe
2006-06-15, 09:03 AM
Parker.

Spiderman has fought far tougher enemies fairly routinely, gaining him a certain degree of skill in combat, whereas Superman has always just charged on in, relying on his powers to carry the day.

Therefore between their alter-egos (if both have had all of their powers stripped away) I'd have to go with Parker.

Bozidar
2006-06-15, 09:11 AM
Parker.

Spiderman has fought far tougher enemies fairly routinely, gaining him a certain degree of skill in combat, whereas Superman has always just charged on in, relying on his powers to carry the day.

Therefore between their alter-egos (if both have had all of their powers stripped away) I'd have to go with Parker.Yeah, but with Clark's more successful career, he'd be getting all the ladies. Parker, w/o superman, would just be a bum working freelance and living week to week.. hot women no likey..

GeekLordAragorn12
2006-06-15, 10:10 AM
But hold on...Parker always has his superpowers, as does Kent. They can't do away with them at the drop of a hat. This isn't like Storm vs. Rogue or something, where both of them don't have to use their powers.

Nerd-o-rama
2006-06-15, 11:40 AM
Assume each of them is in the middle of his second live-action movie. There, neither of them have powers.

Me? I go with Parker. I mean, have you ever seen Clark actually working*? He's always missing for the big stories, whereas Peter is sure to set up a camera for the climactic battle. Therefore, Parker is the greater journalist.

Also, this fight would eventually escalate into a battle between the Planet and the Bugle, in which case the Bugle wins, since Jameson is far more evil and competent than White.

*Lois and Clark doesn't count.

Ar-Sakal
2006-06-15, 11:53 AM
Well, it's kinda tough, since Peter Parker became Spiderman (so Spiderman is his alter ego), but Superman became Clark Kent (and thus, his alter ego is Kent).

Parker came up with a Superhero that has a great personality and uses his brain and brawn. Kal-El came up with a geek who gets regularly beat up by Louis Lane and Jimmy Olsen.

Parker wins by far.

Nekkira
2006-06-15, 03:22 PM
Peter Parker is a genius, and Clark Kent is not. Therefore, Parker could always outsmart him, or build a device to deal with him.

Tarlonniel
2006-06-15, 05:03 PM
He's always missing for the big stories, whereas Peter is sure to set up a camera for the climactic battle.

He only misses stories when they require his involvement as Superman - and not even then, sometimes. I'm pretty sure there are important non-Supes-related stories to be covered in Metropolis. Also, remember that he won a Pulitzer Prize.

Professionally, I give it to Kent. Physically, I think it'd be a toss-up, but Kent might have an edge given Parker's perennial bad luck ;)

A_Dark_Danish
2006-06-15, 06:13 PM
Peter Parker because Peter is alot cooler than Clark.

Not very descriptive, but eh, I don't like Clark.

... :-X

Hoseki
2006-06-15, 06:17 PM
Mary Jane kicks Lois Lane's girly hiny. :)

CelestialStick
2006-06-15, 07:23 PM
Actually, Lois is the original tough cookie woman, back in the days when real women almost never go to do cool things like be reporters. Lois beats Mary Jane's spoiled supermodel anorexic hiney without even trying.

Clark has several times punched out opponents even after losing his superpowers, while Peter was a goofy kid, so I'd have to give it to Clark who also has reach and size/strength.

Also Kal-El grew up as Clark Kent long before he invented the Superman personna. I might add too that Clark became superman not out of any twisted need for vengeance or out of guilt, but because it was the right thing to do. Peter Park was selfishly going to use his powers for his own personal gain, and didn't become a superhero until his own selfishness led to the death of his uncle.

Caillach
2006-06-15, 08:06 PM

No way. Lois is all like "get outa my way man!" and MJ is like "lookit me! I'm pretty and should have died a long time ago!" Lois could totaly take her down.

And Clark Kent could definatly take Peter Parker down for a few main reasons.

a) Clark Kent only pretends to be a weedy nerd, while Peter Parker is a weedy nerd
b) even without powers Clark is huge. Peter is a pretty skinny guy when not buffed up on spider juice.
c) Clark was a football player, and pre-powers we all know how well Pete made out against high school football stars.

I rest my case

CelestialStick
2006-06-17, 11:12 PM
No way. Lois is all like "get outa my way man!" and MJ is like "lookit me! I'm pretty and should have died a long time ago!" Lois could totaly take her down.

And Clark Kent could definatly take Peter Parker down for a few main reasons.

a) Clark Kent only pretends to be a weedy nerd, while Peter Parker is a weedy nerd
b) even without powers Clark is huge. Peter is a pretty skinny guy when not buffed up on spider juice.
c) Clark was a football player, and pre-powers we all know how well Pete made out against high school football stars.

I rest my case
The Lois in both Smallville and Lois and Clark knows marital arts too.

Edit: I checked out your photos and the drawing of you. Do you look more like the girl with the cat in the drawing, or the mountain range in the photo? ;)

Caillach
2006-06-18, 03:55 PM
The Lois in both Smallville and Lois and Clark knows marital arts too.

Edit: I checked out your photos and the drawing of you. Do you look more like the girl with the cat in the drawing, or the mountain range in the photo? ;)

Oh haha! That's not actually me. I'm actually Calliach's sister, She's gone for the summer and I've taken over her account (me being far to lazy to take my own) ;D
My net name is actually Anabeana so you can look around for me once I get off my lazy butt and stop mooching off sister dear's account.

CelestialStick
2006-06-20, 07:43 PM
Oh haha! That's not actually me. I'm actually Calliach's sister, She's gone for the summer and I've taken over her account (me being far to lazy to take my own) ;D
My net name is actually Anabeana so you can look around for me once I get off my lazy butt and stop mooching off sister dear's account.
Ah, ok. So your sister's the one who looks like a mountain range? ;)