PDA

View Full Version : Far Realmy prestige class

Nanoblack
2010-05-14, 06:56 PM
I really wanna homebrew a class with some kind of connection to the Far Realm or Xoriat. There are currently two classes with mechanics similar to what im looking for: the pathfinder summoner and the BoVD Thrall of juiblex.

Also maybe looking to reflavor a few of the Brand of the Nine hells feats to go with the class. Particularly the Mark of Malbolge.

Any suggestions?

demidracolich
2010-05-14, 08:44 PM
You should try looking at the xenotheurge and other far realms classes made by Realm of Chaos for ideas.

DragoonWraith
2010-05-14, 09:22 PM
Echoing the recommendation of Xenotheurgy. It's awesome. The Harrowed by Lord_Gareth is an excellent Far Realm-y base class, too.

Lord Vukodlak
2010-05-14, 09:26 PM
I recall some summoning based PrC that involved applying the Pseudonatural template to creatures. Can't recall the name or even if it was 3.0 or 3.5.

radmelon
2010-05-14, 09:27 PM
I wnat to see that! Where can I find it?

Lord Vukodlak
2010-05-14, 09:36 PM
I wnat to see that! Where can I find it?

I can't remember the name of the class or even the edition and you ask me where you can find it.

DragoonWraith
2010-05-14, 09:37 PM
The Alienist. It's a terrible PrC, as it focuses on Summon Monster but then strips your Summon Monster spell list of all of the decent summons (you only keep the Celestial/Fiendish creatures, but they get the Pseudonatural template instead of Celestial/Fiendish; you lose all of the Outsiders that make the spells worthwhile). It could be an excellent PrC, if you replace the Outsiders with appropriate Aberrations, though.

Nanoblack
2010-05-14, 11:08 PM
I already looked at the xenotheurge but I would prefer for it to be made into a non-casting class and i want to use those classes in the OP as a sort of guideline.