PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Template project: Mundane template [Peach]

zagan
2010-05-16, 10:14 AM
http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/4098/collab4tigerwarriorbych.jpg
A Mundane Tiger Warrior

Mundane Template:
The Mundane Template can be add to any non-Humanoid:
Size and type: Size remain unchanged, type change to Humanoid and gain the augmented subtype

Hit Dice: All racial Hit dice (including those gain after the application of this template) become d8

Speed: If base creature wasn’t before gaining this template she become bipedale, this grant her a land speed depending on her size:
{table=head]Size|Speed
Fine|5ft
Diminutive|5ft
Tiny|10ft
Small|20ft
Medium|30ft
Large|40ft
Huge|50ft
Gargantuan|60ft
Colossal|70ft
[/table]
If the base creature already has a land speed adjusted it according to the table.
All other momevent mode are unchanged.

Base Attack Bonus: Bab change to 3/4 racial Hit dice

Attack: A Mundane gain prehensile limb either by transforming existing limb or by growing them. In any case she become proficient with all simple weapon.

Special abilities: A Mundane retains all the base creature special abilities and gain Magic Magnet.

Special qualities: A Mundane lose all the trait from it’s previous type but otherwise retains all the base creature special qualities and gain Humanoid Flexibility.

Base save Bonus: A Mundane gain a good Reflex save, the other become poor

Abilities: If the base creature Int was 2 or lower (including – for mindless creature) roll 2d6 to determine it (minimum 3) otherwise the Mundane ability score remain unchanged

Skills: 3+Int per hit dice (x4 for the first), a Mundane can choose any one skill to always be a class skill the choice must be made when this template is gained in addition craft and profession are also always class skill for her.

Feats: A Mundane gain a bonus feat, the creature can select any one feat she qualify for when gaining this template

Challenge Rating: +1

Level adjustement: +1

Humanoid Flexibility(Ex):A Mundane can choose to count as being a creature of her original type if doing so would be advantageous for the purpose of spell, power, skill check or other ability and for any prerequisite regarding feat, prestige class, etc...

Magic magnet(Su): For reason unknow humanoid are easier to affect with magic than other type of creature this is generaly a weakness but it can be turn into a strength.
As an immediate action a Mundane can choose to redirect a spell or power cast within 30ft toward her, in effect she become the target of the spell, she can only use this ability on spell that have only one target and apart from range (she can use it even on personal or touch range spell) she must be a legal target for the spell in question. The caster can attempt to make a caster level check to keep control of it, the DC is equal to 10 + Half Mundane hit dice + Mundane charisma modifier. She can use this ability a number of time per day equal to her constitution modifier, if the caster succed on his check the attempt is waste.

*Note on cosmetic change: The creature become bipedal with prehensile limb most of the time it's the biggest change. Apart from that she just look more ordinary, despite any weird thing about her people always get the impression that it's normal.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Template Project (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8492255#post8492255)

Designer note:

It wasn't easy finding something viable for a humanoid template but I finally though about the fact that charm person is lower level than charm monster for example and I've create the Magic magnet ability. If someone could check the wording to make sure that it's clear I would be gratefull.
The three feat buil on that ability.

Attract magic [Template]
You can better redirect magic toward yourself
Prerequisite
Mundane template, Knowledge (Arcana) 4 rank
Benefit
You can use your Magic magnet ability to redirect part of a spell with multiple target. For example if an enemy spellcaster cast try to cast Haste on his allies you can use your Magic magnet ability to become one of the target of the spell and on less ally, randomly chosen, of the spellcaster doesn’t gain the benefit of the spell

Greater Attract magic [Template]
Your talent at redirecting magic even allow you to steal the innate magic of magical creature
Prerequisite
Mundane template, Knowledge (Arcana) 7 rank, Attract magic
Benefit
You can use your Magic magnet ability to redirect spell-like and psi-like ability toward yourself.

Superior Attract magic [Template]
Your talent at redirecting magic as reach unheard of height
Prerequisite
Mundane template, Knowledge (Arcana) 9 rank, Attract magic, Greater Attract magic
Benefit
You can use your Magic magnet ability to redirect supernatural ability toward yourself

Pie Guy
2010-05-16, 10:30 AM
It looks balanced, but this isn't exactly mundane.

zagan
2010-05-16, 10:32 AM
It looks balanced, but this isn't exactly mundane.

No it's not but it represent the essence of being humanoid.
If you have a better however I'll be glad to hear it.

zagan
2010-05-16, 11:09 AM
Yes, basically.

Anything in particular for the ability ?

sidhe3141
2010-06-15, 06:42 PM
Should the creature really retain all SAs but not SQs? Just as an example, if an elemental became mundane, it'd keep things like whirlwind and burn (that are not exactly what humanoids can generally do). I'd say replace both or keep both.

zagan
2010-06-16, 08:56 AM
Should the creature really retain all SAs but not SQs? Just as an example, if an elemental became mundane, it'd keep things like whirlwind and burn (that are not exactly what humanoids can generally do). I'd say replace both or keep both.

I can't keep some and replace other, in any case this template is mostly made for player character. While I will use it as a DM on monster i will try to refrain from the more silly combinaison.