PDA

View Full Version : Batman Vs. Everyone

nothingclever
2006-05-31, 10:32 PM
Discuss.

Rex_Hondo
2006-05-31, 10:42 PM
Well, I'd have to say that Batman would have some trouble with this one... ::)

Steward
2006-05-31, 10:45 PM
Not if he had time to prepare.

I had a 50-page doctorate thesis that proves that if Batman had enough time to prepare, he could take on Superman, the Pope, and everyone else on the world at the same time blind-folded with all of his limbs tied behind his back. While on fire. In a coma. But I lost it. The theory, I mean, not my mind.

LordOfNarf
2006-05-31, 10:46 PM

I had a 50-page doctorate thesis that proves that if Batman had enough time to prepare, he could take on Superman, the Pope, and everyone else on the world at the same time blind-folded with all of his limbs tied behind his back. While on fire. In a coma. But I lost it. The theory, I mean, not my mind.

You wrote a thesis on a comic charachter?

Kish
2006-05-31, 10:47 PM
But I lost it. The theory, I mean, not my mind.
I believe the phrase is, "O rly?"

nothingclever
2006-05-31, 10:49 PM
I believe the phrase is, "O rly?"
Followed by a "YA RLY!" and a subsequent "NO WAI!!"

TinSoldier
2006-05-31, 10:49 PM
Batman vs. Everyone? Batman wins. ::)

(Gaah! As the originator of the Batman vs. Superman thread I think I've created a monster!)

LordOfNarf
2006-05-31, 10:55 PM

(Gaah! As the originator of the Batman vs. Superman thread I think I've created a monster!)

A large number of monsters, actually, and now youy are one

Krytha
2006-05-31, 11:17 PM
From what I hear, Batman wins against the sun, AFTER bring dropped into its fiery core, courtesy of his handy nifto-bat-sun-repellant.

dragonseth
2006-05-31, 11:27 PM
You see, Batman has the best super-power in existence: access to a near-infinite mass of wealth and resources without any strings attached. So, he could theoretically beat anyone with proper intelligence.

StudlyDuck
2006-05-31, 11:33 PM
Batman wins, provided he has a minimum of 5 minutes to plan.

LordOfNarf
2006-05-31, 11:45 PM
Batman wins, provided he has a minimum of 5 minutes to plan.

Give him an hour to do it properly

Holy_Knight
2006-05-31, 11:53 PM
Yep, Batman wins, provided there's enough time to plan.

...And now for a really scary thought, imagine the context in which this would ever actually happen, and whether we really mean literally everyone.

Finally, here's something that occurred to me just now--if you take Batman, but remove the strict moral code to which he adheres, you know what you get? Ozymandias. That's pretty frightening too...

Gralamin
2006-05-31, 11:59 PM
Yep, Batman wins, provided there's enough time to plan.

...And now for a really scary thought, imagine the context in which this would ever actually happen, and whether we really mean literally everyone.

Finally, here's something that occurred to me just now--if you take Batman, but remove the strict moral code to which he adheres, you know what you get? Ozymandias. That's pretty frightening too...

Hmm if we truly had everyone, that would include Doom and Molecule Man. Doom would use everyone to stalemate batman, and then have Molecule Man Finish him off (after all in secret wars Molecule Man sees Doom as a leader and likes him)

Rex_Hondo
2006-06-01, 12:01 AM

Or something more along the lines of I, Joker Batman. A future Gotham ruled over by a god-king Batman, and his high priest, The Gordon, with annual ritual hunts of the supervillains, and anybody who takes down one of the "resurrected" rogues gallery earns the right to fight Batman to the death for a chance to become the new "god."

Holy_Knight
2006-06-01, 12:05 AM
Or something more along the lines of I, Joker Batman. A future Gotham ruled over by a god-king Batman, and his high priest, The Gordon, with annual ritual hunts of the supervillains, and anybody who takes down one of the "resurrected" rogues gallery earns the right to fight Batman to the death for a chance to become the new "god."

Whoa... I hadn't heard about that until now, but that sounds like a really cool story!

Rex_Hondo
2006-06-01, 12:24 AM
*nods* Gotta love Elseworlds. ;D

KayJay
2006-06-01, 02:56 AM
If everyone even included an identical clone of himself... the original copy of Batman would still win, such is the power of plot ::) Hey, we're not going to have a whole comic series dedicated to a clone are we?

Haggis_McCrablice
2006-06-01, 03:19 AM
I suppose if Batman were negatively weighed in the court of public opinion and declared public enemy number one, then it would make his job a lot harder.

There was an episode of B:TAS, "Trial" in which all his enemies got together and tried him in "court"--The Joker was the Judge, witnesses included The Mad Hatter and Poison Ivy, and the jury box was populated with other nutbarn worthies. Harvey Dent was the prosecutor. Batman's attorney, who was a local d.a. who had earlier publicly denounced The Dark Knight, found him not guilty of creating Gotham's criminals, saying they chose to be evil themselves. Needless to say this didn't go over well with the inmates, and Bats had to fight for his life to get out of there.

In another episode Batgirl is hurled over a rooftop while fighting the Scarecrow. She lands right on her father's windshield, becoming mortally wounded. Jim Gordon vows revenge over his daughter's dying, bloody body. Gordon realizes who Batman is and delivers inflammatory speeches on TV outing him. He enters Wayne Manor with the GPD and chases Batman into the Batcave. Batsie, Robin, and Nightwing narrowly escape are driven into hiding. The crooks Batman has busted over the years plan to sue Bruce Wayne for millions for ruining their lives. Everybody wants a piece of him for in effect corrupting and murdering an innocent girl. Gotham is howling for Bat-blood. Finally Gordon makes a ruinous deal with Bane to hunt Batman down and crush him. At the end we learn its a hallucination, but it really has her rattled. It's implied at the end either she tells her dad about her night life, or that he has actually known for some time.

There was also an issue of the comic based on the series about Batsie having to fight his way through Arkham Asylum after all the villains get loose and run wild. From what I hear they're sprung by a disgruntled Arkham employee....

Holy_Knight
2006-06-01, 03:23 AM
I suppose if Batman were negatively weighed in the court of public opinion and declared public enemy number one, then it would make his job a lot harder.

There was an episode of B:TAS, "Trial" in which all his enemies got together and tried him in "court"--The Joker was the Judge, witnesses included The Mad Hatter and Poison Ivy, and the jury box was populated with other nutbarn worthies. Harvey Dent was the prosecutor. Batman's attorney, who was a local d.a. who had earlier publicly denounced The Dark Knight, found him not guilty of creating Gotham's criminals, saying they chose to be evil themselves. Needless to say this didn't go over well with the inmates, and Bats had to fight for his life to get out of there.

In another episode Batgirl is hurled over a rooftop while fighting the Scarecrow. She lands right on her father's windshield, becoming mortally wounded. Jim Gordon vows revenge over his daughter's dying, bloody body. Gordon realizes who Batman is and delivers inflammatory speeches on TV outing him. He enters Wayne Manor with the GPD and chases Batman into the Batcave. Batsie, Robin, and Nightwing narrowly escape are driven into hiding. The crooks Batman has busted over the years plan to sue Bruce Wayne for millions for ruining their lives. Everybody wants a piece of him for in effect corrupting and murdering an innocent girl. Gotham is howling for Bat-blood. Finally Gordon makes a ruinous deal with Bane to hunt Batman down and crush him. At the end we learn its a hallucination, but it really has her rattled. It's implied at the end either she tells her dad about her night life, or that he has actually known for some time.

Those were both great episodes! The whole series was great, of course, but those are particularly good examples.

Man, I miss that show...

6079smithw
2006-06-01, 03:56 AM

I feel your pain- as I recall, that thread was to stop a derail of mine, and I was responsible for >half its length.

Also: Is Batman fighting everyone all at once, or one at a time? Because I'd say one-on-one, with spoils going to the victor, Batman would eventually beat everyone. Assuming he didn't die of old age, of course, but Batman clearly just gets more badassed as he gets older.

Alchemistmerlin
2006-06-01, 04:01 AM
I gotta ask:

Where does Gotham get it's near endless supply of kryptonite? I mean seriously, there's so much of it on our planet (It's like Krypton exploded DIRECTLY at us somehow)

And a lot of it ends up in Gotham. Remember in Batman and Superman when, somehow, the Joker got ahold of a "Jade" dragon about 2 feet in length made of PURE KRYPTONITE.

Seriously, what the hell?

Rex_Hondo
2006-06-01, 04:01 AM
Well, to be fair, during Knightfall, he fought a considerably smaller subset of everyone, one at a time (with the occasional group thrown in) and barely made it through that one before being broken. So, I'll have to give this one to Everyone.

Of course, even against an opponent with as high a challenge rating as Batman must have, once you divide the EXP amongst a few gazillion, it hardly seems worth it...

Holy_Knight
2006-06-01, 04:12 AM
I gotta ask:

Where does Gotham get it's near endless supply of kryptonite? I mean seriously, there's so much of it on our planet (It's like Krypton exploded DIRECTLY at us somehow)

And a lot of it ends up in Gotham. Remember in Batman and Superman when, somehow, the Joker got ahold of a "Jade" dragon about 2 feet in length made of PURE KRYPTONITE.

I don't know, in the comics I've seen it's been depicted as rare, with Batman only having a little bit for emergencies. It would make sense for Batman to devote a lot of resources to acquiring whatever kryptonite there was, however. This would both keep it out of the hands of villains who would want to use it against Superman, and ensure that Batman himself could use it against Superman if he needed to.

I can't comment on the kryptonite dragon, though.

KayJay
2006-06-01, 04:20 AM
are we talking about the recent Joker appearance? If so, didn't he have Mxy's powers, which basically meant he could warp reality at will?

What I do find crazy is watching the newest issues of Superman- have you SEEN how much kryptonite there is there?? If the kryptonite was replaced with diamonds, he'd be like a trillionaire.

Alchemistmerlin
2006-06-01, 04:28 AM
are we talking about the recent Joker appearance? If so, didn't he have Mxy's powers, which basically meant he could warp reality at will?

What I do find crazy is watching the newest issues of Superman- have you SEEN how much kryptonite there is there?? If the kryptonite was replaced with diamonds, he'd be like a trillionaire.

No no this was on Batman & Superman the TV show, not the comic. And Joker just stole this from an antique shop that happened to have it.

(Also, didn't kryptonite cause Luthor's cancer? How can batman carry it around on that belt right next to his...er...vitals and be ok?)

Kryptonite is very silly.

KayJay
2006-06-01, 04:42 AM
Batman's belt has a lead-lined compartment, otherwise Superman would never bother talking to him. Also, he doesn't ALWAYS carry kryptonite with him, he has a vault to keep it in. He does carry it when he goes to Metropolis, we've been told.

Alchemistmerlin
2006-06-01, 05:04 AM
Batman's belt has a lead-lined compartment, otherwise Superman would never bother talking to him. Also, he doesn't ALWAYS carry kryptonite with him, he has a vault to keep it in. He does carry it when he goes to Metropolis, we've been told.

Couldn't let me revel in the idea of "Haha, Bat-cancer"

I mean, it's not like it would stop him, he'd pull out his "Bat-cancer-remover" and he'd be fine (It's right next to the Bat Shark Repellent)

Still...dragon made of kryptonite...

CelestialStick
2006-06-01, 07:32 AM
Oh man, this is one of the funniest threads ever!

By the way, King Steward, you didn't lose your thesis--I stole it and am getting it published under my name. ;)

TinSoldier, I'm not sure that you created a monster: I think you just created the conditions under which we could detect the monster. It was obviously already there. :D

Quick-Set: LOL on Bat-sun-repllent, which as wisely observed by Alchemistmerlin, he keep right next to the Bat-shark-repellant. Also, kudos on Bat-cancer! :D

Haggis, I saw both of these episodes too, and like Holy Knight loved them. I too miss the The New Batman/Superman Adventures. WB's newer "The Batman" just isn't even fractionally as good. :(

Yes, there was a Batman-Superman movie which launched The New Batman/Superman adventures in which Joker had a whole jade dragon made of green kryptonite rather than jade. If you think that's bad, you should see all the Kryptonite littering Smallville. I mean, as someone observed, the whole darned planet exploded directly onto a field in Kansas. :D

Actually the ironic goodness of rampant kryptonite is that Clark/Superman gets exposed to it so much that he's developed a tolerance to it. If the authors keep abusing it the way they have been lately, he will soon be immune! ;D

Ing
2006-06-01, 08:30 AM
If everyone even included an identical clone of himself... the original copy of Batman would still win, such is the power of plot ::) Hey, we're not going to have a whole comic series dedicated to a clone are we?

Noooooooooo of course not that would be ridiculous that would be stupid that would be....

actually that would be Spider-man

I gotta ask:

explanation: WARNING PREPARE FOR TOTTAL BS

AHEM the spaceship that brought Kal-EL to earth, created a gravity vortex and hooked a good chunk of the exploded planet in its wake. caught in the ships gravitational feild the kryptonite metors followed the ship straight to its intended destination, Earth. hence yes, all krypton is on earth or around the area because it was sucked up and brought there by Superman's baby cruiser, (not to be confused with his mother ship babatum!). and that of course is what we call irony.

CelestialStick
2006-06-01, 08:46 AM
Noooooooooo of course not that would be ridiculous that would be stupid that would be....

actually that would be Spider-man
LOL! Rats! I'd just gotten the Spiderman theme out of my head and now you've brought it back! So now you can hear it too:

Spiderman, Spiderman,
Does whatever a spider can
Spins a web, any size,
Catches thieves just like flies
Look Out!
Here comes the Spiderman.

Is he strong?
Listen bud,
He's got radioactive blood.
Can he swing from a thread
Take a look overhead
Hey, there
There goes the Spiderman.

In the chill of night
At the scene of a crime
Like a streak of light
He arrives just in time.

Spiderman, Spiderman
Friendly neighborhood Spiderman
Wealth and fame
He's ingnored
Action is his reward.

To him, life is a great big bang up
Whenever there's a hang up
You'll find the Spider man.

dragonseth
2006-06-01, 09:05 AM
I have that mp3 ;D

CelestialStick
2006-06-01, 09:50 AM
I have that mp3 ;D
Alright Dragon, you're my hero! :D

Steward
2006-06-01, 04:14 PM
Is he strong?
Listen bud,
He's got radioactive blood.

How does having radioactive blood explain Spiderman's incredible strength? Usually radioactive blood gives you cancer. At least, that's what it did to those drunken hobos I kidnapped to create a radioactively-powered super-team.

Ar-Sakal
2006-06-01, 04:23 PM
I am sure Batman can defeat anybody, anytime, but recent conventional wisdom claims that not even the Dark Knight, paired with Superman, could defeat a certain Chuck Norris.... ;)

BlythraB
2006-06-01, 05:09 PM
Batman wins as long as Alfred and Lucious Fox don't count as "everyone". it's just a very, very tough battle.
Edits for Spelling+

Haggis_McCrablice
2006-06-01, 05:17 PM
How does having radioactive blood explain Spiderman's incredible strength? Usually radioactive blood gives you cancer.
Well, that's comic-book science for you. It's the same school of physics that dictates you can ionize anything simply by running a charge of electricity through it--be it water, kryptonite, or Tuesday night's meatloaf.

Reminds me of a Family Guy episode where Mayor Adam West rolled about in toxic waste hoping to gain superpowers to fight the Griffins, who had become renegade supermutants--and then the doctors told him he had lymphoma. ;D

dragonseth
2006-06-01, 06:01 PM
I remember that one! All Meg could do was grow out her fingernails. And Stewie was awesome. Awesome mental powers. ;D

CelestialStick
2006-06-02, 07:01 AM
Well, that's comic-book science for you. It's the same school of physics that dictates you can ionize anything simply by running a charge of electricity through it--be it water, kryptonite, or Tuesday night's meatloaf.

Reminds me of a Family Guy episode where Mayor Adam West rolled about in toxic waste hoping to gain superpowers to fight the Griffins, who had become renegade supermutants--and then the doctors told him he had lymphoma. ;D
I've never seen the Family Guy, but that sounds hysterical! :)

BonHed
2006-06-02, 04:17 PM
I don't know, in the comics I've seen it's been depicted as rare, with Batman only having a little bit for emergencies. It would make sense for Batman to devote a lot of resources to acquiring whatever kryptonite there was, however. This would both keep it out of the hands of villains who would want to use it against Superman, and ensure that Batman himself could use it against Superman if he needed to.

Well, simple enough, really. Superman gave Batman a small bit of Kryptonite. Luthor had a ring fashioned with it as a gemstone. After being defeated (yet AGAIN - doesn't this guy ever learn?) by Supes, the ring was turned over to Batman by the Boy in Blue for the soul purpose of being used against him should the need ever arise.

I cannot quote the comic in which this happened, but I do recall reading it. Perhaps it was in an Elseworlds, perhaps not.

razmafft1
2006-06-02, 04:43 PM
First, I'll say that I would put my money on Batman.

And Batman has figured out that the best way to kill Superman is to use Red Kryptonite to make it so that the sun's rays inflict physical damage.

CelestialStick
2006-06-02, 04:50 PM
First, I'll say that I would put my money on Batman.

And Batman has figured out that the best way to kill Superman is to use Red Kryptonite to make it so that the sun's rays inflict physical damage.
Superman has defeated so many kryptonite-armed enemies over the past 70 years that I'd think by now some of you "X will just defeat Superman with kryptonite" would have learned better by now. :D

razmafft1
2006-06-02, 05:00 PM
Yeah, but that's because the bad guys can't figure out that they need to drop Superman in a pit of Kryptonite, and then shoot him with a round of Kryptonite bullets, and then douse him with liquid Kryptonite, and then shoot him again, just to be safe.

Piedmon_Sama
2006-06-02, 05:23 PM
Batman vs Cthulhu!

sun_tzu
2006-06-02, 05:30 PM
Batman vs Cthulhu!

Batman comes out of shadows and tells Cthulhu "I'm Batman. Booga booga."
Cthulhu loses sanity points, and has nightmares every night for the next eon.

nothingclever
2006-06-02, 09:43 PM
Batman comes out of shadows and tells Cthulhu "I'm Batman. Booga booga."
Cthulhu loses sanity points, and has nightmares every night for the next eon.
Fhtagn!

BonHed
2006-06-02, 10:15 PM
Superman has defeated so many kryptonite-armed enemies over the past 70 years that I'd think by now some of you "X will just defeat Superman with kryptonite" would have learned better by now. :D

As I recall, in "Darknight Returns", Batman tipped an arrow with kryptonite (from the ring that Superman gave him). Green Arrow then shot it into Superman. Batman then grabbed Superman by the neck, nearly killed him, and said one of the coolest things he has ever said, something along the lines of "I just want you to remember this, Clark. My hands around your neck." And let him live.

Current continuity has only the standard green kryptonite; they got rid of the other coloured stuff years ago.

Tarlonniel
2006-06-02, 10:24 PM
The fact that Superman was severely weakened by a nuclear explosion which blocked out the sun had nothing to do with it... ::)

BonHed
2006-06-02, 10:56 PM
The fact that Superman was severely weakened by a nuclear explosion which blocked out the sun had nothing to do with it... ::)

Oh... I must have blocked that... *sheepishgrin* Or was the explosion all part of Batman's plan... Hmmmmm...

nothingclever
2006-06-02, 11:13 PM
Wow that just takes the cake. I didn't think they'd make it look that one-sided just reassure fans of Superman's awesomeness.

Piedmon_Sama
2006-06-02, 11:38 PM

I don't own the comic, but IIRC that was all part of Batman's grand master plan...

Holy_Knight
2006-06-02, 11:41 PM
True, but he also regenerated a bunch by "absorbing life energy from the mother earth".

Tarlonniel
2006-06-02, 11:59 PM
I don't own the comic, but IIRC that was all part of Batman's grand master plan...

But of course ;) Acutally, I can't confirm or deny it, not owning the comic myself. I was just pointing out that there was a lot more involved in the victory than kryptonite alone.

Absorbing energy from mother earth? What the heck...? Apparently not enough, because according to the summary I was using (http://www.darkknight.ca/storylines/tdkr.html) Supes is still weak when he goes off to fight Bats.

TinSoldier
2006-06-03, 12:15 AM
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Spoilers regarding Superman:

The US was involved in a "police action" in a small island nation with the USSR supporting the other side. Superman helped out the Americans and the Soviets decided to use some kind of nuke that was an especially high EMP weapon. Supes, of course, took the weapon away from where the fighting was into the deep desert somewhere but was caught in the blast.

The power went out in Gotham (because of the EMP) and chaos ensued. Batman took charge of the mutants and helped restore order to the city.

Supes regained much, but not all, of his strength for the confrontation with Batman.

KithKunabi
2006-06-03, 12:32 AM
Well, if we're talking everyone, and everyone being every single finctional or real person ever born or devised, then I think Batman has a little competition.

Firstly, there's Doctor Doom. A villain with just as much smarts and cash as Wyne. Plus, since he's the viallain he gets to lay the conditions under which Batman must come through before he an fight Doom himself, so Doom has the uperhand.

secondly, I'll take a journey away from comic books and into the land of anime, to bring out the Naruto character Shikamaru(Naruto has recently been brough to america on Cartoon Network, don't watch it. Just get fansubs off of Youtube.) The boy's a friggin' genius, and he is, yes, "Gasp" smarter then batman. Plus, Shikamaru can control people with their shadows.... While I'd like to say Shika has the obvious win, it's not that simple, Bruce Wayne has tons of cash and shadows only work during the day, in places were shadows are cast, so batman could escape. I say the odds are 51/49, in Shikamaru's favor, please keep in mind that Shikamaru, not being a cartoon character, is attacking Batman with Batman not knowing anything about Shikamaru, and Shikamaru is quite good at spur of the moment plans, Batman needs some time to get the money rolling.

So beat everyone? Whether one at a time or all at once Batman will lose sometime, wether overwhelemed, outskilled, or just a plain run of bad luck.

Finwe
2006-06-03, 03:17 AM

You win teh internet

IMO, if we're talking EVERYONE, he's gonna have just a tinsy bit of trouble, 'specialy since he's up againt Chuck Norris.

Gnorosch
2006-06-03, 05:18 AM
When fighting everyone, Batman will lose, because some Hacker will simply transfer all his funds to another account, Pyros will burn down Wayne Manor and then Batman would have to win a one-on-one with Magneto (who disable all the gadets) and the Hulk. His enemies can plan, too.

Seonor
2006-06-03, 07:48 AM
This reminds me of http://filecabi.net/v.php?file=ultimate-showdown.swf&width=640&height=480#start

Daniel_Q
2006-06-03, 08:28 AM
This is a funny topic, i've really enjoyed some of the answers, the Cthulhu scaring especially :)

though i am concerned about a number of people who seem to be serious in saying Batman could indeed beat 'everyone', either one by one or otherwise.
Heck, even if he could beat this 'everyone', he would probaly die of old age before he could be finished ;D

nothingclever
2006-06-03, 08:57 AM
Heck, even if he could beat this 'everyone', he would probaly die of old age before he could be finished ;D
THE OLDER BATMAN GETS THE STRONGER HE GETS GRAAWR!!!!!

sun_tzu
2006-06-03, 10:22 AM
Fhtagn!

"Fhtagn"? ???

Shiny, Bearer of the Pokystick
2006-06-03, 10:35 AM
"Fhtagn"? ???
Ia, Ia, Cthulhu Fhtagn, to be precise.

Soniku
2006-06-03, 11:28 AM
But wouldn't everyone include chuck norris? ::)

I would like to see him deal with that.

nothingclever
2006-06-03, 02:50 PM
"Fhtagn"? ???
http://www.macguff.fr/goomi/unspeakable/vault00-cast.html

CelestialStick
2006-06-03, 03:50 PM
Well since it's Batman v. everyone can can't employ his usual tactic of hiding behind Superman, Wonderwoman and Green Lantern while they beat up on the villain and weaken it enough so that Batman's bag of tricks can finish it off. That means that he reverts to being a man in a rubber suit, and any one of many superheroes with actual superpowers can take him out.

Steward
2006-06-03, 03:51 PM
Well since it's Batman v. everyone can can't employ his usual tactic of hiding behind Superman, Wonderwoman and Green Lantern while they beat up on the villain and weaken it enough so that Batman's bag of tricks can finish it off. That means that he reverts to being a man in a rubber suit, and any one of many superheroes with actual superpowers can take him out.

Of course, knowing the writers Batman, he probably has a plan to take out every single person, animal, building, plant, and mineral on the planet on his computer.

CelestialStick
2006-06-03, 04:03 PM
Of course, knowing the writers Batman, he probably has a plan to take out every single person, animal, building, plant, and mineral on the planet on his computer.
LOL. Batman the Invincible! :D

Belial_the_Leveler
2006-06-03, 04:34 PM
Having a plan and having a plan that works is not the same. A great deal of ppl have access to many more resources than Batman and are also smarter.

I really want to see Batman winning vs The Spectre. Or Infinity. Or Death. Or Entropy. Or the Tribunal.

Apart from the "overpowers" how about Thanos? Galactus? Darkseid? Odin? You get the idea-Batman loses against most gods too. Heck, it took the entire JLA to stop Darkseid and the Living Tribunal to stop Thanos.

Other things that can defeat him are omega-level mutants or even some alpha-level mutants. Or anyone else that can blast him from a hundred miles away.

CelestialStick
2006-06-03, 04:49 PM
Having a plan and having a plan that works is not the same. A great deal of ppl have access to many more resources than Batman and are also smarter.

I really want to see Batman winning vs The Spectre. Or Infinity. Or Death. Or Entropy. Or the Tribunal.

Apart from the "overpowers" how about Thanos? Galactus? Darkseid? Odin? You get the idea-Batman loses against most gods too. Heck, it took the entire JLA to stop Darkseid and the Living Tribunal to stop Thanos.

Other things that can defeat him are omega-level mutants or even some alpha-level mutants. Or anyone else that can blast him from a hundred miles away.
Ah, it's good to hear some common sense on Batman.

Daniel_Q
2006-06-03, 04:54 PM
I most certainly agree!

The only thing i have negative to say about your point Belial is your going a bit much with the power, it's not like you need someone as strong as that to beat batman in a straight up fight

Steward
2006-06-03, 05:34 PM
LOL. Batman the Invincible! :D

In fact, he has a special space laser designed to take out your TV if it ever goes rogue.

Trust me, there is no way Batman could lose unless the person writing the battle would turn on internal consistency again.

Belial_the_Leveler
2006-06-03, 05:52 PM
I was merely giving some examples. Dr. Doom could conceivably defeat Batman-and so could Mr Fantastic or other smart, mortal characters. Just remember how many times Joker and other B-rate villains have come close to defeating Batman and Batman only won because he was lucky or they were making pretty basic mistakes.

BTW, not that Batman would know it, but Animate Objects CAN turn your TV rogue. And if it is a 100-inch one, it will be a large animated object with 4 HD to boot. :P

Haggis_McCrablice
2006-06-03, 09:14 PM
Just remember how many times Joker and other B-rate villains have come close to defeating Batman and Batman only won because he was lucky or they were making pretty basic mistakes.
Many times a villain's own ego or respective obsession will get the best of them. Two Face's own coin has been used against him at least twice. Joker once had the misfortune to trip on a cable while running and almost fall into his own trap. And in "Riddler's Reform" Nygma actually went crazy trying to figure out how Batman has survived a huge explosion (there was a safe in the rom, which Batsie ducked into, shut the door, and hoped it was strong enough to take the blast). Batman probably uses psychology more than any other superhero, but it wouldn't save him if some punk with a Saturday night special snuck up on him and put a bullet through his cowl. And he knows this, and it keeps him humble.

Steward
2006-06-03, 09:45 PM
and it keeps him humble.

Humor. Delectable.

Rex_Hondo
2006-06-04, 01:51 AM
Humor. Delectable.

Ah, don't confuse the front he puts up with everyone, even his own allies, with what's actually underneath, a definite awareness of his own mortality. That's why he pushes himself so hard. He knows that it's just as likely his eventual death will be at the hands of some punk who gets lucky as by the Joker or other member of his roques gallery.

Mr._Blinky
2006-06-04, 02:05 AM
Batman breaks into U.S. nuke stockpile. Batman launches nukes. Batman uses rocket he pulls out of utility belt to fly to another planet. Earth blows up, and Batman becomes king of the 'shroom folk on some distant planet.

Result: Batman wins.

Alternatively, Batman uses his can of bat-Earth-repellent that he keeps stashed in his belt in case of such an emergency.

Daniel_Q
2006-06-04, 09:51 AM
Batman vs EVERYONE, everyone doesn't live on earth ;)

CelestialStick
2006-06-04, 05:49 PM
Batman breaks into U.S. nuke stockpile. Batman launches nukes. Batman uses rocket he pulls out of utility belt to fly to another planet. Earth blows up, and Batman becomes king of the 'shroom folk on some distant planet.

Result: Batman wins.

Alternatively, Batman uses his can of bat-Earth-repellent that he keeps stashed in his belt in case of such an emergency.

ROFLMAO! He keeps that right next to his Bat-shark-repllent. ;)

Batman vs EVERYONE, everyone doesn't live on earth ;)
That's true. The 'shroom people would be opposed to him too, but clearly Batman would defeat them easily, so we don't even have to say how. :D

Nerd-o-rama
2006-06-04, 11:06 PM
The goddamn Batman (http://www.i-mockery.com/comics/longbox7/default.php) loses.

nothingclever
2006-06-05, 07:21 AM
Is... that really the comic? LOLOLOLOLO

Korith
2006-06-05, 10:28 AM
Robin Wins - assuming he's alive.

sun_tzu
2006-06-05, 10:46 AM
The goddamn Batman (http://www.i-mockery.com/comics/longbox7/default.php) loses.

This is either humorus or the worst Batman comic I've ever seen.

nothingclever
2006-06-05, 03:27 PM
It looks like at least some lines are real which makes me unsure.

Maryring
2006-06-07, 02:42 PM
Batman would lose, because everyone includes Django, and if someone has experience with bat extermination, it's gotta be Django.

Holy_Knight
2006-06-07, 02:53 PM
Apparently it is real, and yes, it's definitely a contender for worst Batman comic ever. someone brought it up on one of the other threads, and I'll repeat here what I said there:

--That comic probably reaches "Batman and Robin" levels of crappiness

--Frank Miller has lost his mind

CelestialStick
2006-06-07, 09:02 PM
Apparently it is real, and yes, it's definitely a contender for worst Batman comic ever. someone brought it up on one of the other threads, and I'll repeat here what I said there:

--That comic probably reaches "Batman and Robin" levels of crappiness

--Frank Miller has lost his mind
Don't mince words, Bones, tell me what you really think! ;)

I haven't read through the whole thing yet, but from what I've seen Vicki Vale is incredibly hot. I just can't see complaining that that! :D

And speaking of hot, have you seen Black Canary? Va-va-voom! When did superhero comic books get semi-pornographic? What have I been missing all these years?! :D

Holy_Knight
2006-06-08, 01:27 AM
And speaking of hot, have you seen Black Canary? Va-va-voom! When did superhero comic books get semi-pornographic? What have I been missing all these years?! :D
Whoa, are you serious?! :D

Comic books have been like that for quite some time now, although some much more than others. Batman books typically not so much, for example, and anything produced by Image generally to a huge degree. It's a general law of comic book..dom... that every female character must be completely (and often absurdly) gorgeous, and that most of them must wear skimpy, tight, or otherwise visually stimulating attire. It's to the point where some comic book companies will actually release "swimsuit issues" of their female characters (no, I'm not kidding). When I was in highschool, I subscribed to "Wizard" magazine for a while, and my mother actually got mad about it once because she disapproved of the cover (due to the way the female characters on it were portrayed). It's kind of too bad, actually, although given the typical market for comic books, it's unsurprising. It also had the unfortunate effect on me that since I learned to draw (to the extent that I can, anyway) largely from imitating comic books, I find it somewhat difficult to draw women who don't end up looking like total knockouts.

KayJay
2006-06-08, 04:25 AM
Hey, if you've been working out as much as most of these superheroines have, then you're going to pretty buff and well proportioned ;)

I recall that when Huntress sported a new costume showing her midriff and Canary called her on it... the conversation went something like this.

Canary: So, what's with the new costume?
Huntress: ... A hundred bench-presses a day.
Canary: ...'Nuff said.

CelestialStick
2006-06-08, 10:28 PM
Whoa, are you serious?! :D

Comic books have been like that for quite some time now, although some much more than others. Batman books typically not so much, for example, and anything produced by Image generally to a huge degree. It's a general law of comic book..dom... that every female character must be completely (and often absurdly) gorgeous, and that most of them must wear skimpy, tight, or otherwise visually stimulating attire. It's to the point where some comic book companies will actually release "swimsuit issues" of their female characters (no, I'm not kidding). When I was in highschool, I subscribed to "Wizard" magazine for a while, and my mother actually got mad about it once because she disapproved of the cover (due to the way the female characters on it were portrayed). It's kind of too bad, actually, although given the typical market for comic books, it's unsurprising. It also had the unfortunate effect on me that since I learned to draw (to the extent that I can, anyway) largely from imitating comic books, I find it somewhat difficult to draw women who don't end up looking like total knockouts.
Um, there's the whole "haven't much read comic books since I was a kid"--back in the 1960s. ;)

Lynda Carter, playing Wonder Woman in the 1970s, got about as va-va-voom as anyone allowed back in those days. Prior to her, Wonder Woman actually wore a little skirt!

Hey, if you've been working out as much as most of these superheroines have, then you're going to pretty buff and well proportioned ;)

I recall that when Huntress sported a new costume showing her midriff and Canary called her on it... the conversation went something like this.

Canary: So, what's with the new costume?
Huntress: ... A hundred bench-presses a day.
Canary: ...'Nuff said.

Doing a hundred bench-press reps a day doesn't give a woman large breasts--on the contrary, it tends to burn off her breasts. :(

KayJay
2006-06-09, 02:40 AM
They don't have that large breasts IMO. They DO have extremely well toned stomachs though. I forget the exact exercise anyway, but the new costume just showed a lot more midriff.

CelestialStick
2006-06-09, 02:59 PM
They don't have that large breasts IMO. They DO have extremely well toned stomachs though. I forget the exact exercise anyway, but the new costume just showed a lot more midriff.
Men traditionally say "va-va-voom!" about breasts, not about midriffs. ;)