PDA

View Full Version : Batman Vs Midnighter

KayJay
2006-06-06, 07:04 PM
Hmm let's jump on the "vs thread bandwagon" :)

With Captain Atom's movement into the wildstorm universe, I've started reading up on some of the players there (mainly by reading a lot of The Authority comics), and couldn't help but notice this guy, who reminded me of Batman a lot.

Here's more on the midnighter for those who don't know about him:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnighter

I foresee this battle going one main way- Midnighter winning. A million combat scenarios a SECOND? I somehow doubt that Batman can surprise him. Hand to hand, I think Batman's pretty screwed too.
Midnighter isn't afraid to kill either- in fact, his day probably wouldn't be complete without it :) So if anyone's holding back, it'd be Bruce (for once :)) )

So is anyone going to hit me with a "prep time" argument? ::)

KayJay
2006-06-07, 06:40 AM
I'm flabbergasted noone has replied with a "Batman can win with prep time" argument! I have a feeling it may have something to do with the fact that noone's probably heard of the Midnighter though- I hadn't heard of him until the Captain Atom Armageddon series.

Rei_Jin
2006-06-07, 07:02 AM
I think everyone is over the Vs threads, or at least I hope they are.

That being said, if Midnighter can defeat AIDS, he can defeat Bruce Wayne/Batman.

No contest.

KayJay
2006-06-07, 08:27 AM
Considering the proportion of threads that are vs threads on the front page, I wouldn't say we're quite over it yet :)

Tokeloshe
2006-06-07, 08:54 AM
Okay, I'll do the prep time bit

Batman wins. Reason? Batman never just goes straight into combat, he does a little digging first to figure out his opponents weakness, in this case this guys weakness is obviously going to have to do with him being vulnerable to weakest attacks. Basically, if there is a move with enough counters to it, the information overflow from this Midnighter chap's ehancements will fry his brain.

KayJay
2006-06-07, 08:59 AM
Uh.. what? I'm pretty sure that he's not overloaded by some thug throwing just a straight punch. If a move has over a million counters to it, then he can just USE ONE OF THE COUNTERS, and I doubt Batman would figure out which one he was going to use..

Rex_Hondo
2006-06-08, 05:19 AM
Tossing my lot in behind Midnighter on this one for two reasons:

a) Midnighter is essentially Batman to the nth degree. Just look at the outfit! Take all of Batman's skills, make them into actual superpowers and ramp them up.

b) Midnighter isn't afraid to kill, and his writers aren't afraid to kill off other heroes.

Nope, this is one of the fights Batman would stay out of, given the chance, and call in support.

KayJay
2006-06-08, 06:22 AM
If it came to calling in allies, I'd say midnighter's allies are better too :) Lot more versatile than the JLA.

Beleriphon
2006-06-08, 09:05 AM
I don't know if anybody is actually more versatile in terms of actual superpowers than Superman or Martian Manhunter. Those guys can do everything; super strength, super speed, flying, invulnerability, and a host of other powers.

KayJay
2006-06-08, 10:01 AM
Ah, but the majority are physical and strength based. The Authority has a shaman who can pretty much do anything he sets his mind to, as well as a person who can construct just about any machine she can set her mind to. They have a guy who can wear CITIES as armor, as well as talk to them, and a spirit of the 21st century, who is probably more powerful than all of them combined.
A lot more versatile, if you ask me.

CelestialStick
2006-06-09, 04:44 PM
Tossing my lot in behind Midnighter on this one for two reasons:

a) Midnighter is essentially Batman to the nth degree. Just look at the outfit! Take all of Batman's skills, make them into actual superpowers and ramp them up.

b) Midnighter isn't afraid to kill, and his writers aren't afraid to kill off other heroes.

Nope, this is one of the fights Batman would stay out of, given the chance, and call in support.
I have to agree with Rex here. The Midnighter sounds like Batman, only smarter and with superpowers.

If it came to calling in allies, I'd say midnighter's allies are better too :) Lot more versatile than the JLA.
Don't be silly--nobody is more versatile than the Justice League of Armenia!