PDA

View Full Version : Butterfly the Superhero! :D

CelestialStick
2006-05-27, 12:41 PM
I was sitting in DC traffic yesterday afternoon when a butterfly flitted around my car. I actually though for a moment that it was going to fly right into my motionless car, but it used its amazing Butterfly reflexes and swooped out of the way at the last second.

That got me to wondering if there has ever been a superhero (or villain) named the Butterfly. ;D If so, what was it like?

If not, what superpowers should it have? Should it have the power of flight, or have to rely on some technology for flight? If technology, what should it be--plane, helicopter, jet backpack, helicopter backpack, propeller beanie, or what? What vulnerabilities should it have? Should it be a man, woman, boy, girl, or some kind of alien? Should it be called just Butterfly, or something like Butterfly Boy, which has a nice assonance? ;D

Sophistemon
2006-05-27, 12:47 PM
Well, there was Arthur (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_%28The_Tick%29), moth-themed sidekick to the Tick...

CelestialStick
2006-05-27, 12:51 PM
Well, there was Arthur (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_%28The_Tick%29), moth-themed sidekick to the Tick...
ROFLMAO! I totally forgot about Arthur! Thanks for the url too. I seem to recall in an episode of the live-action Tick which I thoroughly enjoyed (though I know many Tickomanicas didn't l ike at all) someone called Arthur "Mothman" or something. Did Arthur's sidekick identity actually have a name, or was he just always Arthur? :D As I recall, Arthur had no superpowers.

Chris the Pontifex
2006-05-27, 12:53 PM
arthur av I drew some time ago

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/chrishattink/bunnyman.gif

everybody else calls him bunny man

Saithis Bladewing
2006-05-27, 12:56 PM
I don't think Arthur ever had any secret identities, I think he was just Arthur. In my time of watching the Tick, I never saw him develop any superpowers. <_<

CelestialStick
2006-05-27, 01:07 PM
arthur av I drew some time ago

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/chrishattink/bunnyman.gif

everybody else calls him bunny man

Well-done, Chris! Thank you for sharing the avatar with us!

You now, I think someone called him "Bunnyman" and he got annoyed and said that he was supposed to be a moth, not a bunny, or something like that. Like being a moth is better than being a bunny. I've never seen a moth do anything much other than get splattered on a wall or a windshield, but I've seen a bunny decapitate several well-armed knights. ;)

That reminds, me, I just bought the DVD version of Monty Python and the Holy Grail the other day. It was on sale along with the two-movie Spiderman pack at my friendly neighborhood supermarket.

I don't think Arthur ever had any secret identities, I think he was just Arthur. In my time of watching the Tick, I never saw him develop any superpowers. <_<
Heh. What does that face signify?

By the way, I like your take on problem-solving. ;)

Chris the Pontifex
2006-05-27, 03:19 PM
The bunnyman thing was a running gag throughout the show. Especially antagonists liked to belittle him by calling him bunnyman. But I think the flatermouse might've called him that aswell.

CelestialStick
2006-05-27, 03:32 PM
The bunnyman thing was a running gag throughout the show. Especially antagonists liked to belittle him by calling him bunnyman. But I think the flatermouse might've called him that aswell.

LOL. There was a Flatermouse? Was He a Deflator Mouse? LOL!

Chris the Pontifex
2006-05-27, 04:15 PM
Never read the comics but there was in the animation series

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Die_Fledermaus_%28The_Tick%29

It seems I got the spelling wrong, but got the pun right

CelestialStick
2006-05-27, 04:34 PM
Never read the comics but there was in the animation series

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Die_Fledermaus_%28The_Tick%29

It seems I got the spelling wrong, but got the pun right
Oh cool! So Deflator Mouse is the same character as Batmanuel. I love it! :D

CelestialStick
2006-05-28, 09:04 AM
Butterflies that go bump in the night. ;)

Haggis_McCrablice
2006-05-28, 03:13 PM
Anyone here familiar with Julia "Butterfly" Hill (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julia_Butterfly_Hill)? I used to work with her dad at the campus newspaper--which strikes me as ironic that the father of a famed tree-hugger should be in the publishing industry.

I figure if she was a superhero, she'd wear a bizarre multicolored costume similar to the classic Batfoe Killer Moth, (http://home.earthlink.net/~schaatzie/Moth.htm) and exhibit militant environmentalist behavior--like something out of those preachy message comics they put out in the eighties and nineties.

CelestialStick
2006-05-28, 11:41 PM
Anyone here familiar with Julia "Butterfly" Hill (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julia_Butterfly_Hill)? I used to work with her dad at the campus newspaper--which strikes me as ironic that the father of a famed tree-hugger should be in the publishing industry.

I figure if she was a superhero, she'd wear a bizarre multicolored costume similar to the classic Batfoe Killer Moth, (http://home.earthlink.net/~schaatzie/Moth.htm) and exhibit militant environmentalist behavior--like something out of those preachy message comics they put out in the eighties and nineties.

I see here in this article that she was in a car crash and got brain-damaged. That explains a lot. :D

Ok, so doesn't anyone want to think up superpowers and so forth for The Bufferfly?! :(

HabbakukUnknown
2006-05-29, 03:06 AM
probably natural wings, enhanced agility, some sort of sixth sense to avoid harm, and maybe enhanced strength

Tarlonniel
2006-05-29, 10:12 AM
And a vulnerability to butterfly nets ;)

dragonseth
2006-05-29, 07:24 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Batman had an enemy named Charaxes who might fit the bill somewhat. Wasn't all that big into Batman, so I could be wrong.

CelestialStick
2006-05-29, 07:51 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Batman had an enemy named Charaxes who might fit the bill somewhat. Wasn't all that big into Batman, so I could be wrong.
You're right:

CHARAXES

Class: Human magic-user

Group Affiliation: formerly Misfits

Known Relatives: None

Aliases: Killer Moth

Base of Operations: Gotham City

First Appearance: (as Killer Moth) Batman #63 (July, 1951), (as Charaxes) Underworld Unleased #1 (November, 1995)

Powers: As Killer Moth he was a skilled fighter armed with a utility belt, steel cable for swinging between buildings and a Mothmobile. As Charaxes he had the power of flight, secreted an acidic substance, and could spin silk cocoons around his victims. He was filled with unquenchable hunger for human beings. Charaxes possessed superhuman strength, but his body was surprisingly frail.

History: (Batman #63) - Wealthy socialite Drury Walker began his criminal career as the Killer Moth, offering his services as a bodyguard to Gotham's criminals.

(Batman: Shadow of the Bat #7-9) -

(Underworld Unleased #1, Robin #23) - Neron transformed Killer Moth into Charaxes. He began a killing spree across Gotham, but was sent to Arkham Asylum by Robin III.

(Detective Comics #697-699) -

(Robin #107-110)

(Batman: Arkham Asylum: Tales of Madness) - During a breakout Joker refused to let Charaxes out of his cell because he deemed him to be too dangerous. Vox let him out because she wanted to see him attack the other inmates, which he did until Joker and Killer Croc put him down.

Comments: Killer Moth created by Bill Finger, Bob Kane and Lew Schwartz. Charaxes created by Mark Waid and Howard Porter.

Killer Moth was profiled in Who's Who: the Definitive Directory of the DC Universe #12. Killer Moth received a profile in Who’s Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe #20 under the Secret Society of Super-Villains entry. Charaxes was profiled in Batman Villains Secret Files #1.

probably natural wings, enhanced agility, some sort of sixth sense to avoid harm, and maybe enhanced strength
Hmm. what would he or she say when the sixth sense worked? "Spidey sense tingling..." ;)

Hey, so is this Butterfly a man, woman, boy or girl?

And a vulnerability to butterfly nets ;)
ROFL! Ya gotta love a girl in uniform, Tarlonniel! ;)

Haggis_McCrablice
2006-05-29, 08:25 PM
I see here in this article that she was in a car crash and got brain-damaged. That explains a lot. :D
Cranial trauma can cause some interesting personality changes. Look at Roseanne Barr, Sam Kinison, or Phineas Gage. So we have a backstory for our superhero/villain at least. The real Butterfly has her share of critics; even fellow environmentalists think she's a bit nutty. What is the the bathroom etiquette for tree-sitting, anyhow? Bring a bucket?

Also, there was the actress Butterfly McQueen, who knew nothing about birthing babies in Gone With the Wind. Perhaps our "Butterfly" will have super midwife powers....?

Ok, so doesn't anyone want to think up superpowers and so forth for The Bufferfly?! :(
Should (s)he actually have powers, or just spiffy duds and a bug gimmic? Maybe give him/her a little gymnastic traning and a few cool weapons, like a cut-rate Batman/girl?

Ketsurui
2006-05-30, 01:30 AM
Layla Miller from the new X-Factor was dubbed "Butterfly" by Rictor not too long ago. It was more in reference to her talking about the Butterfly effect and Chaos theory though.

She is seen with a dead, then suddenly alive butterfly at the end of the issue though.

Tarlonniel
2006-05-30, 03:35 AM
Okay, I'm bored and have a few hours to waste. Might as well waste 'em here. :)

I think any butterfly-inspired superhero should be young-ish (early 20s?), good-looking and rather ambiguously gendered - after all, I imagine it takes something of an expert to distinguish between male and female butterflies. A brightly-colored costume is a must. Abilities could be natural or mechanical; I see potential for fun backstories in either case.

Flight goes without saying. I'd also throw in an evasion power which makes it impossible to grab, shoot, or do anything else to the Butterfly which would require him/her to remain in one place for more than half a second - perhaps tied to minor probability-manipulation abilities. That would grant invulnerability of a sort (except, of course, against the aforementioned butterfly nets ;)) Then you could add a power which works something like the DnD spell Prismatic Spray, giving the Butterfly an offensive weapon and tying in nicely with the brightly colored costume. Include keen sight extending into the ultraviolet, plus the sixth sense and enhanced agility described above, and you might have an interesting super. Or just a silly one ;D

CelestialStick
2006-05-30, 04:27 AM
Cranial trauma can cause some interesting personality changes. Look at Roseanne Barr, Sam Kinison, or Phineas Gage. So we have a backstory for our superhero/villain at least. The real Butterfly has her share of critics; even fellow environmentalists think she's a bit nutty. What is the the bathroom etiquette for tree-sitting, anyhow? Bring a bucket?

Also, there was the actress Butterfly McQueen, who knew nothing about birthing babies in Gone With the Wind. Perhaps our "Butterfly" will have super midwife powers....?

Should (s)he actually have powers, or just spiffy duds and a bug gimmic? Maybe give him/her a little gymnastic traning and a few cool weapons, like a cut-rate Batman/girl?
LOL on the super midwife powers. Maybe we could do a Marion Zimmer Bradly Mists of Avalon thing and make the Butterfly a super midwife who flies around saving pregnant women from C-sections. In that case we ought to give her some precognitive powers too. :)

Rex_Hondo
2006-05-30, 04:39 AM
Oh cool! So Deflator Mouse is the same character as Batmanuel. I love it! :D

Side note: Bat Manuel was created for the live action Tick series for the same reason as Captain Liberty. Die Fledermaus and American Maid were never in the comic book, but characters created specifically for the animated series. While the creators of the live-action series had access to all of the comic characters, the ones specifically created for the cartoon were still owned by that show's creators. So, since Die Fledermaus and American Maid had become SO popular, they got as close as they could without being sued for copyright infringement.

So now you know. And knowing is half the battle.

Yo Joe!

CelestialStick
2006-05-30, 07:29 AM
Side note: Bat Manuel was created for the live action Tick series for the same reason as Captain Liberty. Die Fledermaus and American Maid were never in the comic book, but characters created specifically for the animated series. While the creators of the live-action series had access to all of the comic characters, the ones specifically created for the cartoon were still owned by that show's creators. So, since Die Fledermaus and American Maid had become SO popular, they got as close as they could without being sued for copyright infringement.

So now you know. And knowing is half the battle.

Yo Joe!

Ah, I see.

By the way, the last time I taught Macro (economics) I invented the rival supervillains Deflator Mouse and Inflator Cat, and had them pop up randomly on the exams to break the tension. :D

Okay, I'm bored and have a few hours to waste. Might as well waste 'em here. :)

I think any butterfly-inspired superhero should be young-ish (early 20s?), good-looking and rather ambiguously gendered - after all, I imagine it takes something of an expert to distinguish between male and female butterflies. A brightly-colored costume is a must. Abilities could be natural or mechanical; I see potential for fun backstories in either case.

Flight goes without saying. I'd also throw in an evasion power which makes it impossible to grab, shoot, or do anything else to the Butterfly which would require him/her to remain in one place for more than half a second - perhaps tied to minor probability-manipulation abilities. That would grant invulnerability of a sort (except, of course, against the aforementioned butterfly nets ;)) Then you could add a power which works something like the DnD spell Prismatic Spray, giving the Butterfly an offensive weapon and tying in nicely with the brightly colored costume. Include keen sight extending into the ultraviolet, plus the sixth sense and enhanced agility described above, and you might have an interesting super. Or just a silly one ;D

Wow! That's one powerful butterfly!

I'd go with a woman, however, as I can't see any man wanting to call himself the Butterfly. ;)

So what did you think of the whole midwife thing?

Rei_Jin
2006-05-30, 07:56 AM
Super Hero Name: The Human Butterfly

Alias: Rebecca Shrochden

Description: Mild mannered cleaner by night, masked crime fighting vigilante by day, Rebecca was born mute and unable to speak, but with incredible beauty and grace (along with a few super powers)

Her costume shows the beauty that she wishes to share with the world, but is unable to vocally share.

She can be seen flitting across the park most days (as long as it's not raining), dancing in fountains and leaving messages for the children written in chalk on the paths.

She fights against the crimes of littering, inappropriate public displays of affection, people who won't clean up after their dogs, and bullies picking on the weak.

She users her special powers to accomplish these aims, although most people doing the wrong thing will correct themselves when embarrassed by a woman in a butterfly suit.

Generally she is seen as a total loser by the rest of the super hero community, but at least she's not going to get blown up by the bad guys.

Super Powers:

Flight: The Human Butterfly has the ability to fly, although it is siimilar to the way a normal butterfly moves. She is unable to fly in a straight line, or with any great speed. Generally this does not bother her, as she dances through the air.

Embarrasing Attack: The Human Butterfly has no offensive powers, but she is capable of drawing attention to herself and embarrasing her opponents into doing the right thing.

Chalk Telekinesis: The Human Butterfly has gained the ability over time to draw beautiful pictures with chalk on the paths of her home park, with nothing more than a thought and a box of chalk. Occasionally she leaves cryptic messages for the police, although they have yet to even notice them.

Weakness:

Water: The Human Butterfly is vulnerable to any water attack, indeed, any form of water at all. If it comes into contact with her she loses the ability to use any of her special abilities until she dries out.

Ing
2006-05-30, 07:56 AM
unfortunatly the wings of the costume break upon being touched and shatter into useless threads...like a real butterfly. but if you eat her you hallucinate and are inlicted with projectile vomit and defication for over an hour.

horray for biology!

CelestialStick
2006-05-30, 08:19 AM
Super Hero Name: The Human Butterfly

Alias: Rebecca Shrochden

Description: Mild mannered cleaner by night, masked crime fighting vigilante by day, Rebecca was born mute and unable to speak, but with incredible beauty and grace (along with a few super powers)

Her costume shows the beauty that she wishes to share with the world, but is unable to vocally share.

She can be seen flitting across the park most days (as long as it's not raining), dancing in fountains and leaving messages for the children written in chalk on the paths.

She fights against the crimes of littering, inappropriate public displays of affection, people who won't clean up after their dogs, and bullies picking on the weak.

She users her special powers to accomplish these aims, although most people doing the wrong thing will correct themselves when embarrassed by a woman in a butterfly suit.

Generally she is seen as a total loser by the rest of the super hero community, but at least she's not going to get blown up by the bad guys.

Super Powers:

Flight: The Human Butterfly has the ability to fly, although it is siimilar to the way a normal butterfly moves. She is unable to fly in a straight line, or with any great speed. Generally this does not bother her, as she dances through the air.

Embarrasing Attack: The Human Butterfly has no offensive powers, but she is capable of drawing attention to herself and embarrasing her opponents into doing the right thing.

Chalk Telekinesis: The Human Butterfly has gained the ability over time to draw beautiful pictures with chalk on the paths of her home park, with nothing more than a thought and a box of chalk. Occasionally she leaves cryptic messages for the police, although they have yet to even notice them.

Weakness:

Water: The Human Butterfly is vulnerable to any water attack, indeed, any form of water at all. If it comes into contact with her she loses the ability to use any of her special abilities until she dries out.

LOL! Well done! Where did you get the name?

I think that Superman, being noble and good, wouldn't look down on her but Batman, noted for little patience with anyone not wearing black andn able to skulk across rooftops, would always be telling her to buzz off. ;) The current Flash, of course (by "current" I mean the one in JLU), has little respect for anyone, so I'm sure the insults would fly. If they even let her join the JL, the Jon Stewart Green Lantern would relegate her to traffic control with Plastic Stretchy Guy and Booster Gold. :D I think Martian Manhunter would treat her well, but you really never know what a freaky Green martian guy is thinking. ;)

unfortunatly the wings of the costume break upon being touched and shatter into useless threads...like a real butterfly. but if you eat her you hallucinate and are inlicted with projectile vomit and defication for over an hour.

horray for biology!
Oh, a low blow, Ing!

It does remind me, however, that when we were little kids we thought we could make butter by squashing a butterfly, so we tried it. :P

Rei_Jin
2006-05-30, 08:27 AM
Thankyou, thankyou. I accept your acclaim.

I came up with the name randomly, as I did with all of the rest of it. It just fits together nicely.

I did consider a darker version of her, where her and Spiderman are forever fighting. He tries to catch her in his web, she flits across the sky randomly.

Spiderman 4: Spiderman Vs Butterfly, scene 24

Spiderman standing there shaking his fist at a slowly departing Human Butterfly.

*I'll get you yet, Butterfly!*

CelestialStick
2006-05-30, 08:33 AM
Thankyou, thankyou. I accept your acclaim.

I came up with the name randomly, as I did with all of the rest of it. It just fits together nicely.

I did consider a darker version of her, where her and Spiderman are forever fighting. He tries to catch her in his web, she flits across the sky randomly.

Spiderman 4: Spiderman Vs Butterfly, scene 24

Spiderman standing there shaking his fist at a slowly departing Human Butterfly.

*I'll get you yet, Butterfly!*
LOL. Now we have to come up with a great Butterfly theme song.
Hmmm. How about this (sung to the tune of the Spiderman theme song):

Butterfly!
Butterfly!
So fragile that she's gonna die!

Or, um, how about this one (sung to the tune of the 1960s Batman theme song):

Butterfly!
Nana nana nana nana
Butterfly!
Nana nana nana nana!
Nana nana nana nana nana na...
Butterfly!
;)

DeathQuaker
2006-05-30, 09:33 AM
Not a comic, but in the video game Shadow Hearts 2 you get a party member who calls himself "Le Grand Papillon" -- i.e., the Big Butterfly. He wears a butterfly mask.

Of course, with a name like that, he could only be one thing: a vampire trained as a wrestler who beats on people with a giant log.

No really. That's what he is. It's a fun game. :)

Serina_Spellbinder
2006-05-30, 09:48 AM
A superhuman sense of smell...not just detect scents at a great distance, but also be able to identify people by scent alone.

CelestialStick
2006-05-30, 09:54 AM
Not a comic, but in the video game Shadow Hearts 2 you get a party member who calls himself "Le Grand Papillon" -- i.e., the Big Butterfly. He wears a butterfly mask.

Of course, with a name like that, he could only be one thing: a vampire trained as a wrestler who beats on people with a giant log.

No really. That's what he is. It's a fun game. :)
Heh. Sounds great. You know you've got to be really powerful to prance around like a butterfly. ;)

A superhuman sense of smell...not just detect scents at a great distance, but also be able to identify people by scent alone.

Ooh, I like it! And then she could have an archnemesis named Odiferous Man, who uses her own superhuman sense of smell against her! :D

Haggis_McCrablice
2006-05-30, 03:35 PM
And then she could have an archnemesis named Odiferous Man, who uses her own superhuman sense of smell against her!

I'm put in mind of a He-Man villain named Stinkor. He was never in the eighties series, though he had his own action figure, complete with scent (the producers actually laughed at the idea of a skunk-man warrior) and mini-comic (in which he fought a man made of fragrant-smelling moss). In the 2002 version Stinkor got his due, and even starred in a whole episode. Stinkor's real name was Odiphus, and before his mutation into a skunklike creature, he sort of resembled a Mogwai. There were no butterfly people in Eternia, though there was a race of bee-folk (a scarier proposition, for my money).

Wouldn't a butterfly superhero's natural enemy be a bird-man? The Penguin (DC) or The Vuture (Marvel) could probably whip her multicolored butt. Unless her wings are treated with a poisonous chemical, like the Monarch or the Viceroy (I can never remember which is toxic and which just looks like the toxic one), and then an attack would simply end in tears and vomiting.

The Butterfly! She not only delivers babies, but she also babysits--for $3.50 an hour and rights to any leftovers in the fridge she likes! ;D

Ing
2006-05-30, 09:18 PM
monarch is the toxic one
viceroy is the mimic

OH viceroy can be her sidekick

she can fight agians such a diverse rogues gallery as

THE BUG ZAPPER
THE WASP
MANEATER MOTH
THE SPRINkler
BARON VON BONFIRE
THE EXTERMINATOR
MISS SWALLOW (the bird you sick-os...the bird)
WARLORD WINDSHEILD
THE PLAYFUL KITTEN
GENTICLY ENGINEEREd CORN MAN! ((AKA BLOODY MAIZE!!!!))
HER BOYFRIEND (cause you see after they mate they die...))
SRG. SWATTER
RED RAID

and...........

OTTO VON HAMPSTER!!!!

Devils_Advocate
2006-05-31, 10:53 PM
Butterfly (http://www.tencentticker.com/butterfly.htm)!

CelestialStick
2006-06-01, 11:22 AM
And then she could have an archnemesis named Odiferous Man, who uses her own superhuman sense of smell against her!

I'm put in mind of a He-Man villain named Stinkor. He was never in the eighties series, though he had his own action figure, complete with scent (the producers actually laughed at the idea of a skunk-man warrior) and mini-comic (in which he fought a man made of fragrant-smelling moss). In the 2002 version Stinkor got his due, and even starred in a whole episode. Stinkor's real name was Odiphus, and before his mutation into a skunklike creature, he sort of resembled a Mogwai. There were no butterfly people in Eternia, though there was a race of bee-folk (a scarier proposition, for my money).

Wouldn't a butterfly superhero's natural enemy be a bird-man? The Penguin (DC) or The Vuture (Marvel) could probably whip her multicolored butt. Unless her wings are treated with a poisonous chemical, like the Monarch or the Viceroy (I can never remember which is toxic and which just looks like the toxic one), and then an attack would simply end in tears and vomiting.

The Butterfly! She not only delivers babies, but she also babysits--for $3.50 an hour and rights to any leftovers in the fridge she likes! ;D

LOL! Will she pet-sit too? I think my kitty would love her. :D

I never heard of Stinkor, but then I've barely heard of He-Man. Was that He-Man and the Masters of the Universe? And there was someone called She-Ra? They're not related to Transformers at all, are they? Heh. I can see why the producers wouldn't want to use Stinkor. :D

Is Vuture Vulture? Is a mogwai one of these Gremlins from the two Gremlins movies?

monarch is the toxic one
viceroy is the mimic

OH viceroy can be her sidekick

she can fight agians such a diverse rogues gallery as

THE BUG ZAPPER
THE WASP
MANEATER MOTH
THE SPRINkler
BARON VON BONFIRE
THE EXTERMINATOR
MISS SWALLOW (the bird you sick-os...the bird)
WARLORD WINDSHEILD
THE PLAYFUL KITTEN
GENTICLY ENGINEEREd CORN MAN! ((AKA BLOODY MAIZE!!!!))
HER BOYFRIEND (cause you see after they mate they die...))
SRG. SWATTER
RED RAID

and...........

OTTO VON HAMPSTER!!!!

LOL! These are very humorous! I probably would have made the last one Otto von Bug Zapper though, but good job nonetheless! :)

Butterfly (http://www.tencentticker.com/butterfly.htm)!

Wow! Thanks Devil's Advocate. I've read the first few and they're pretty funny!

Haggis_McCrablice
2006-06-01, 12:13 PM
LOL! Will she pet-sit too? I think my kitty would love her. :D
Yes, why not? Her catchphrase: "I charge extra for anything over fifty pounds. And I don't do snakes or ferrets."

I never heard of Stinkor, but then I've barely heard of He-Man. Was that He-Man and the Masters of the Universe?
That's correct. Here's a stinky link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stinkor). It shows pictures of various incarnations of Stinkor and even mentions the mogwai comparison. If fed after midnight, mogwais will spin cocoons (like butterflies) and turn from cute and furry into ugly little brutes. Personally I had a soft spot in my heart for Stinkor and was happy to see him in the new series. The funniest bit was how all the other villains hate Stinkor because of his smell--except for Beast Man, who doesn't really seem to mind it much. You'd think Mer-Man, being part fish, wouldn't exactly smell like a rose either when out of water....

And there was someone called She-Ra?
She-Ra (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/She-ra) was a fellow superhero who was, in her civilian identity, He-Man (Prince Adam)'s long-lost twin sister.

They're not related to Transformers at all, are they?
Although they were both popular in the eighties, He-Man was produced by Filmation and Transformers by Sunbow.

Is Vuture Vulture?
Vulture (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulture_%28comics%29) (real name Adrian Toomes) is a Spider-Man villain.

CelestialStick
2006-06-01, 12:28 PM
Yes, why not? Her catchphrase: "I charge extra for anything over fifty pounds. And I don't do snakes or ferrets."

I never heard of Stinkor, but then I've barely heard of He-Man. Was that He-Man and the Masters of the Universe?
That's correct. Here's a stinky link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stinkor). It shows pictures of various incarnations of Stinkor and even mentions the mogwai comparison. If fed after midnight, mogwais will spin cocoons (like butterflies) and turn from cute and furry into ugly little brutes. Personally I had a soft spot in my heart for Stinkor and was happy to see him in the new series. The funniest bit was how all the other villains hate Stinkor because of his smell--except for Beast Man, who doesn't really seem to mind it much. You'd think Mer-Man, being part fish, wouldn't exactly smell like a rose either when out of water....

And there was someone called She-Ra?
She-Ra (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/She-ra) was a fellow superhero who was, in her civilian identity, He-Man (Prince Adam)'s long-lost twin sister.

They're not related to Transformers at all, are they?
Although they were both popular in the eighties, He-Man was produced by Filmation and Transformers by Sunbow.

Is Vuture Vulture?
Vulture (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulture_%28comics%29) (real name Adrian Toomes) is a Spider-Man villain.
Thanks for the links. She-ra is pretty nice looking, especially coming from a comic meant for little kids. Can't say the same at all for that old geezer Vulture! :D

Ing
2006-06-01, 03:08 PM
ON Otto VOn Hampster...

all of the villians are based on things thatr kill butterflys or moths...as i was writing this i remembered a pet hampster i had would catch moths that flew into his cage and eat them....therefore i figured he'd be a good Lex Luther Character.

though if we're going with the midwife thing....MORE VILLIANS

Ceaser C-section
The Inquisitor (little known fact midwives were kileld durring the inquisition as witches because they undermined god's punishment of women for original sin...birth pains)
(A FEW CENSORED FOR UTTER TASTELESSNESS)
Kindersnatcher (a child kidnaping fairy replacing them with changlings)
Kinderguzzler (his muchless friendly half brother...a child eating ogre)
Blue Skull and Cross Bones: the Insurance Company (mid wivery is not covered
Cat king (sucks the lives out of children with his cat demons)
the plastic bag (...is this falling under the bad taste catagory....maybe) with his army of smalls swallowable toys

CelestialStick
2006-06-02, 07:10 AM
ON Otto VOn Hampster...

all of the villians are based on things thatr kill butterflys or moths...as i was writing this i remembered a pet hampster i had would catch moths that flew into his cage and eat them....therefore i figured he'd be a good Lex Luther Character.

though if we're going with the midwife thing....MORE VILLIANS

Ceaser C-section
The Inquisitor (little known fact midwives were kileld durring the inquisition as witches because they undermined god's punishment of women for original sin...birth pains)
(A FEW CENSORED FOR UTTER TASTELESSNESS)
Kindersnatcher (a child kidnaping fairy replacing them with changlings)
Kinderguzzler (his muchless friendly half brother...a child eating ogre)
Blue Skull and Cross Bones: the Insurance Company (mid wivery is not covered
Cat king (sucks the lives out of children with his cat demons)
the plastic bag (...is this falling under the bad taste catagory....maybe) with his army of smalls swallowable toys
LOL. My cat once splattered a moth across my wall. :D