PDA

View Full Version : Epic Class Remakes [3.5] *WIP*

Temotei
2010-05-17, 04:05 PM
Last time I did something for epic play was when I remade the core epic feats. This time, I'm going to remake the core epic classes, starting with the epic barbarian and ending with the union sentinel. I hope to make the epic classes seem more epic than they are currently.

Note that you're free to use my edited epic (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7764632&postcount=1) feats. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7865285&postcount=33)

Note also that I'm still looking for ideas on the "Widen Aura of Courage/Despair" feats to improve them. I feel like there should be more there.

EPIC BARBARIAN
{table=head]Level|Special
21st|Blood rage, trap sense +7
22nd|Crush, smash, DESTROY!, damage reduction 6/-
23rd|Bonus feat
24th|Rage 7/day, trap sense +8
25th|Ruthless rage, damage reduction 7/-
26th|Bonus feat
27th|AND MAIM!, trap sense +9
28th|Damage reduction 8/-, rage 8/day
29th|Bonus feat
30th|Deific rage, trap sense +10[/table]

Hit Die: d12

Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 4 + Int modifier

Barbarian Rage: The epic barbarian gains one use of rage per day every four levels after 20th.

Trap Sense (Ex): The epic barbarian's bonus increases by +1 every three levels higher than 18th.

Blood Rage: Whenever an epic barbarian enters a barbarian rage, the barbarian may choose to make it a blood rage. A blood rage acts just like a barbarian rage, except that every attack done by the epic barbarian that damages an enemy grants a +5 foot bonus to their speed and an additional +1 bonus to Strength, both disappearing after the rage is over. These bonuses have no limits. Every round spent in a blood rage deals 1 damage to the epic barbarian.

Maim, crush, smash, DESTROY! (Ex): If an epic barbarian is known for one thing, it's raging destruction. The epic barbarian gains a +10 bonus to Strength for the purpose of breaking objects. This bonus applies to sunder attempts.

Damage Reduction (Ex): The epic barbarian’s damage reduction increases by 1 point every three levels higher than 19th.

Bonus Feats: The epic barbarian gains a bonus feat (selected from the list of epic barbarian bonus feats) every four levels after 20th.

Epic Barbarian Bonus Feat List: Armor Skin, Chaotic Rage, Damage Reduction, Devastating Critical, Dire Charge, Epic Endurance, Epic Prowess, Epic Speed, Epic Toughness, Epic Weapon Focus, Fast Healing, Incite Rage, Legendary Climber, Legendary Leaper, Legendary Rider, Legendary Tracker, Legendary Wrestler, Mighty Rage, Overwhelming Critical, Ruinous Rage, Terrifying Rage, Thundering Rage.

Ruthless Rage: During a blood rage, the epic barbarian gains an extra attack per round at their highest base attack bonus.

AND MAIM! (Ex): An epic barbarian's bonus on Strength checks to breaking objects and sundering increases to +20. As well, if the epic barbarian pins an opponent in a grapple, they may attempt to break them as if they were an object, dealing 10d6 damage and 2d4 Constitution damage per round. If the victim is pinned and takes this damage for three rounds in a row, they die, regardless of damage dealt.

Deific Rage: The epic barbarian becomes a screaming death machine, able to destroy anything in their path as easily as their first goblin. When an epic barbarian successfully hits while in a blood rage, the opponent must make a DC 10 + class levels + Str modifier Fortitude save or die. In addition, the epic barbarian gains a +10 bonus to Strength for 1 round after killing an enemy. This bonus stacks, allowing multiple kills in a single round to raise the epic barbarian's Strength to truly epic levels.

EPIC BARD
21st|Bonus feat
22nd|
23rd|
24th|Bonus feat
25th|
26th|Inspire courage +5
27th|Bonus feat
28th|
29th|
30th|, bonus feat[/table]

Hit Die: d6

Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 6 + Int modifier

Spells: The epic bard's caster level is equal to their class level. The bard's number of spells per day does not increase after 20th level. The bard does not learn additional spells unless they select the Spell Knowledge feat.

Bardic Music: The bard gains no new bardic music effects from their Perform ranks. However, they may select epic feats that grant new bardic music effects.

Bardic Knowledge: Add the bard's class level + Intelligence modifier to all bardic knowledge checks, as normal.

Bonus Feats: The epic bard gains a bonus feat (selected from the list of epic bard bonus feats) every three levels after 20th.

Epic Bard Bonus Feat List: Augmented Alchemy, Deafening Song, Epic Inspiration, Epic Leadership, Epic Reputation, Epic Skill Focus, Group Inspiration, Hindering Song, Improved Combat Casting, Improved Metamagic, Improved Spell Capacity, Inspire Excellence, Lasting Inspiration, Master Staff, Master Wand, Music of the Gods, Permanent Emanation, Polyglot, Ranged Inspiration, Rapid Inspiration, Reactive Countersong, Spell Knowledge, Spell Stowaway, Spell Opportunity, Tenacious Magic.

Inspire Courage (Su): The epic bard's bonus when this ability is used increases by +1 every six levels higher than 20th.

EPIC CLERIC
21st|
22nd|
23rd|Bonus feat
24th|
25th|
26th|Bonus feat
27th|
28th|
29th|Bonus feat
30th|[/table]

Hit Die: d8

Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 2 + Int modifier

Spells: The epic cleric's caster level is equal to their class level. The cleric's number of spells per day does not increase after 20th level.

Turn or Rebuke Undead: Use the cleric's class level to determine the most powerful undead affected by a turn or rebuke check and the turning damage, just as normal.

Bonus Feats: The epic cleric gains a bonus feat (selected from the list of epic cleric bonus feats) every three levels after 20th.

Epic Cleric Bonus Feat List: Armor Skin, Automatic Quicken Spell, Automatic Silent Spell, Automatic Still Spell, Bonus Domain, Enhance Spell, Epic Spell Focus, Epic Spell Penetration, Epic Spellcasting, Ignore Material Components, Improved Alignment-Based Casting, Improved Combat Casting, Improved Heighten Spell, Improved Metamagic, Improved Spell Capacity, Intensify Spell, Multispell, Negative Energy Burst, Permanent Emanation, Planar Turning, Positive Energy Aura, Spectral Strike, Spell Stowaway, Spell Opportunity, Spontaneous Domain Access, Spontaneous Spell, Tenacious Magic, Undead Mastery, Zone of Animation.

EPIC DRUID
21st|
22nd|Wild shape 7/day
23rd|
24th|Bonus feat
25th|
26th|Wild shape 8/day
27th|
28th|Bonus feat
29th|
30th|Wild shape 9/day[/table]

Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 4 + Int modifier

Spells: The epic druid's caster level is equal to their class level. The druid's number of spells per day does not increase after 20th level.

Animal Companion: The epic druid's animal companion continues to increase in power. At every three levels higher than 18th (21st, 24th, 27th, and so on), the companion gains +2 bonus Hit Dice, its natural armor increases by 2, its Strength and Dexterity modifiers increase by 1, and it learns one additional bonus trick.

Wild Shape: The epic druid can use this ability to take the form of an animal one additional time per day every four levels higher than 18th. The druid's ability to wild shape into an elemental does not improve.

Bonus Feats: The epic druid gains a bonus feat (selected from the list of epic druid bonus feats) every four levels after 20th.

Epic Druid Bonus Feat List: Automatic Quicken Spell, Automatic Silent Spell, Automatic Still Spell, Colossal Wild Shape, Diminutive Wild Shape, Dragon Wild Shape, Energy Resistance, Enhance Spell, Epic Spell Focus, Epic Spell Penetration, Epic Spellcasting, Fast Healing, Fine Wild Shape, Gargantuan Wild Shape, Ignore Material Components, Improved Combat Casting, Improved Elemental Wild Shape, Improved Heighten Spell, Improved Metamagic, Improved Spell Capacity, Intensify Spell, Magical Beast Companion, Magical Beast Wild Shape, Multispell, Perfect Health, Permanent Emanation, Plant Wild Shape, Spell Stowaway, Spell Opportunity, Spontaneous Spell, Tenacious Magic, Vermin Wild Shape.

EPIC FIGHTER
21st|
22nd|Bonus feat
23rd|
24th|Bonus feat
25th|
26th|Bonus feat
27th|
28th|Bonus feat
29th|
30th|Bonus feat[/table]

Hit Die: d10

Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 2 + Int modifier

Bonus Feats: The epic fighter gains a bonus feat (selected from the list of epic fighter bonus feats) every two levels after 20th.

Epic Fighter Bonus Feat List: Armor Skin, Combat Archery, Damage Reduction, Devastating Critical, Dire Charge, Distant Shot, Epic Endurance, Epic Leadership, Epic Prowess, Energy Resistance, Epic Toughness, Epic Weapon Focus, Epic Weapon Specialization, Exceptional Deflection, Improved Combat Reflexes, Improved Manyshot, Improved Stunning Fist, Improved Whirlwind Attack, Infinite Deflection, Instant Reload, Legendary Commander, Legendary Rider, Legendary Wrestler, Overwhelming Critical, Penetrate Damage Reduction, Perfect Two-Weapon Fighting, Reflect Arrows, Spellcasting Harrier, Storm of Throws, Superior Initiative, Swarm of Arrows, Two-Weapon Rend, Uncanny Accuracy. In addition to the feats on this list, the fighter may treat any feat designated as a fighter bonus feat, but not listed here, as being on his or her bonus feat list.

EPIC MONK
{table=head]Level|AC Bonus|Unarmed Speed Bonus|Flurry of Blows Attack Bonus|Special
21st|+4|+70 ft.|+15/+15/+15/+10/+5|Feather fall, bonus feat
22nd|+4|+70 ft.|+16/+16/+16/+16/+11/+6/+1|Epic flurry, water walk
23rd|+4|+70 ft.|+16/+16/+16/+16/+11/+6/+1|Tongue of the universe, wall run
24th|+4|+80 ft.|+17/+17/+17/+17/+12/+7/+2|Bonus feat
25th|+5|+80 ft.|+17/+17/+17/+17/+12/+7/+2|Infinite body
26th|+5|+80 ft.|+18/+18/+18/+18/+13/+8/+3|Epic evasion
27th|+5|+90 ft.|+18/+18/+18/+18/+13/+8/+3|Bonus feat
28th|+5|+90 ft.|+19/+19/+19/+19/+14/+9/+4|
29th|+5|+90 ft.|+19/+19/+19/+19/+14/+9/+4|
30th|+6|+100 ft.|+20/+20/+20/+20/+15/+10/+5|Bonus feat[/table]

Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 6 + Int modifier

AC Bonus: The epic monk's bonus to Armor Class when unarmored increases by +1 every five levels higher than 20th.

Unarmed Strike: The damage for an epic monk's unarmed strike does not increase after 20th level.

Stunning Attack: If the epic monk has the Stunning Fist feat use the epic monk's class level when determining the DC to resist this attack, as normal.

Fast Movement (Ex): The epic monk's speed when wearing no armor increases by 10 feet at 21st level and every three levels thereafter (24th, 27th, 30th, and so on).

Ki Strike: The epic monk's ki strike ability does not automatically increase with class level after 16th level.

Wholeness of Body (Su): The epic monk can cure up to twice their class level in hit points each day, as normal.

Abundant Step (Su): Use the epic monk's class level when determining the effective caster level of this ability, as normal.

Diamond Soul (Ex): The epic monk's spell resistance is equal to his or her class level +10, as normal.

Quivering Palm (Su): Use the epic monk's class level when determining the DC to resist this attack, as normal.

Empty Body (Su): Use the epic monk's class level when determining the duration of this effect, as normal.

Feather Fall (Ex): An epic monk gains a constant feather fall effect.

Bonus Feats: The epic monk gains a bonus feat (selected from the list of epic monk bonus feats) every five levels higher than 20th.

Epic Monk Bonus Feat List: Armor Skin, Blinding Speed, Damage Reduction, Energy Resistance, Epic Prowess, Epic Speed, Epic Toughness, Exceptional Deflection, Fast Healing, Improved Combat Reflexes, Improved Ki Strike, Improved Spell Resistance, Improved Stunning Fist, Infinite Deflection, Keen Strike, Legendary Climber, Legendary Wrestler, Reflect Arrows, Righteous Strike, Self-Concealment, Shattering Strike, Vorpal Strike.

Epic Flurry: An epic monk's flurry of blows feature continues to improve with the epic monk's levels.

Water Walk (Ex): An epic monk may move across water as if it was a solid surface.

Tongue of the Universe: An epic monk gains telepathy with the only limitation on range being sight.

Wall Run (Ex): The epic monk gains a constant spider climb effect.

Infinite Body: The epic monk will not die from old age, and no longer needs to eat, drink, or breathe. Resting for eight hours restores all of the epic monk's hit points.

Epic Evasion: The epic monk can make Reflex saves regardless of their condition.

Temotei
2010-05-17, 04:06 PM
*Reserved: Un*

Temotei
2010-05-17, 04:08 PM
*Reserved: Deux*

Temotei
2010-05-17, 04:09 PM
*Reserved: Trois*

Temotei
2010-05-17, 04:10 PM
*Reserved: Quatre*

Temotei
2010-05-17, 04:11 PM
*Reserved: Cinq*

arguskos
2010-05-17, 04:17 PM
I'd like to point out that the Union Sentinel is not a core epic class. It is a epic prestige class. Why yes, I am nitpicking. Why no, it doesn't matter. Also, while I normally would be heavily involved in this, honestly, I never play at this level, so, I'll just be watching and making notes and snarky commentary as you post (you know, like most of the time).

The Tygre
2010-05-17, 04:59 PM
This looks promising. While I like Epic, I'm not one for the Epic classes. They just seem so bland. Like advancing your old pre-Epic class features is enough. I mean, I guess it is, but its not very flavorful. Anyway, know who came before ye (http://dicefreaks.superforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2523).

Temotei
2010-05-17, 05:13 PM
This looks promising. While I like Epic, I'm not one for the Epic classes. They just seem so bland. Like advancing your old pre-Epic class features is enough. I mean, I guess it is, but its not very flavorful. Anyway, know who came before ye (http://dicefreaks.superforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2523).

Huh. That's nice to know someone did something like this already. I'll see what I can get from them without actually stealing.

The union sentinel isn't core, but it's darn close enough.

I like snark. Snark is good. :smallcool: