PDA

View Full Version : X-Men Discussion

Vaynor
2006-07-27, 10:04 PM
Ok, my favorite comicbook, X-Men, needs a thread. DISCUSS!

(Also, yay for first topic!)

Lykan
2006-07-27, 10:11 PM
Magneto's Polish! It makes him awesome!

[First post on first topic!]

Flabbicus
2006-07-27, 10:17 PM
He's also nuts. But I respect that. Plus he has the coolest power ever. Who doesn't want to control one of the most useful, and highly demanded materials in the world? And it makes up the bulk of the Periodic Table.

(( Second post on first topic in Comics! It may be shallow, but it provides a hollow sense of achievement for me. ))

Vaynor
2006-07-27, 10:17 PM
Of course it does, but my favorites are Gambit and Havok.

Lykan
2006-07-27, 10:19 PM
Magneto's awesome. I can't wait until his movie comes out later this year...

Lock us in camps will you? Let me offer a counterarguement.

*throws a tank at a battalion of soldiers*

Flabbicus
2006-07-27, 10:33 PM
It's sad how despite his potent power over metal he couldn't change the course of history and escape from the concentration camps. :(

Lykan
2006-07-27, 10:59 PM
You know if he did, every Pole on the planet would be going:

AWWWWW YEEEEAAAAHH!!!!

Vaynor
2006-07-27, 11:09 PM
It's sad how despite his potent power over metal he couldn't change the course of history and escape from the concentration camps. :(
Urgh, the most common misconception, Magneto does not have power over metal, he controls MAGNETISM!!! He doesn't need metal to use his powers!!!

Lykan
2006-07-27, 11:14 PM
Gee, how could we miss that? I mean MAGNETO controls MAGNETISM! WHat fools are we!? ::) ;D

Still, it's an awesome power...

Wait, does that mean he can create magnetic storms? That'd be awesome!

Flabbicus
2006-07-27, 11:14 PM
Lykan, I'm going to kill you for that awful pun.

Anyway, yeah, he probably could make storms and such with the power.

Lykan
2006-07-27, 11:16 PM
Awesome... ;D *zaps nazis*

Wait, there was a pun there? I thought that was sarcasm!

Vaynor
2006-07-27, 11:20 PM
Gee, how could we miss that? I mean MAGNETO controls MAGNETISM! WHat fools are we!? ::) ;D

Still, it's an awesome power...

Wait, does that mean he can create magnetic storms? That'd be awesome!
It's just the fact that everyone thinks he needs metal for his powers to work, even the THREE MOVIES made that mistake! Pisses me off...

Lykan
2006-07-27, 11:21 PM
It's just the fact that everyone thinks he needs metal for his powers to work, even the THREE MOVIES made that mistake! Pisses me off...
Frogive me, but it's been a while since I've seen him in comic form. Besides chucking metal around, what else can he do?

Vaynor
2006-07-27, 11:24 PM
Frogive me, but it's been a while since I've seen him in comic form. Besides chucking metal around, what else can he do?
Anything magnetism can do.

Flabbicus
2006-07-27, 11:25 PM
You know if he did, every Pole on the planet would be going:

AWWWWW YEEEEAAAAHH!!!!

Pole: means some of Polish descent and is one of two sides of opposite electrical charges

Anyways... Cyclops stinks. 8)

Begle1
2006-07-27, 11:26 PM
What's he going to do with magnatism if there isn't anything around that's magnetic?

I always thought that the power was really wicked, but that there was a little too much cheese going on. It was cool at first, but then he started to do stuff like suck iron out of people. Magneto suffered from quite a bit of power creep. :-/

Anyways, Shadowcat was always the best X-Man. Total hottie with a simple yet powerful ability. ;D

Lykan
2006-07-27, 11:27 PM
Pole: means some of Polish descent and is one of two sides of opposite electrical charges

Anyways... Cyclops stinks. 8)
It's also the word for a singular person of Polish decent...

THough that is quite ironic. I fell out of my chair laughing...

Yeah, he does suck. But wolverine doesn't. He's a samurai!

Seconded the thing about Shadowcat, as well. ;D

wxdruid
2006-07-27, 11:33 PM
My favorite is Wolverine, not afraid to voice his thoughts, not afraid to get in a fight and those claws, sweet :-)

I have to love Storm though, weather control, ah....what could be better. :-)