Level: Blk 3 (Evil version only), Pal 3
Components: V, S, DF
Casting Time: 1 Standard Action
Range: Touch
Target: Creature Touched
Duration: 1 min/level
Saving Throw: Will negates (Harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes

One of the Paladin's greatest boons is his power to transform his strength of self into resistance to protect his mind and body. With this spell he may temporarily grant this power his ally, protecting them from harm.

The creature this spell is cast on gains their Charisma modifier to their Fort, Ref and Will Saves as the Divine Grace ability. Alternatively the Paladin may pass their own full Charisma Modifier to the target's Saves at the cost of then having only half of their Cha Mod added to their own Saves for the duration of the spell (though this reduction does not reduce the bonus granted to the target). If used in this way the spell has the Good descriptor.

Blackguards and evil aligned Paladins have also developed a more sinister technique for using this spell, At the cost of their full Divine Grace Ability for the duration of the spell they may use this spell on an enemy to instead reduce their Saves by the same amount as the Blackguard or Paladin's full Charisma modifier. If used in this way the spell has the Evil descriptor.

------------------
Thoughts?

al'raith
2010-05-19, 02:57 PM
good spell as far as I can tell nothing wrong with it especially like the evil version but shouldn't blackguard have access to this?

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-19, 02:58 PM
good spell as far as I can tell nothing wrong with it especially like the evil version but shouldn't blackguard have access to this?

Indeed it should, forgot their Divine Grace ability came under a different name.

Thanks.

Tibbaerrohwen
2010-05-20, 03:34 PM
I agree with al'raith. Looks good to me. Would also work well as a variant class feature for Paladin, or as an aura for Marshal.

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-20, 03:44 PM
I agree with al'raith. Looks good to me. Would also work well as a variant class feature for Paladin, or as an aura for Marshal.

Never seen a Marshall, might look into it.