PDA

View Full Version : BleachITP Reborn: Discussion & Setup Thread 6

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Frozen_Feet
2010-05-20, 06:17 AM
There was discussion of a reboot for the BleachITP-verse. A new beginning, more structured and with an overall lower power level. Similar deal to Ultimate Marvel.

This thread is for discussing that, to keep it out of the main thread.

Important stuff so far:

DISCUSSION THREADS
First Discussion Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145883)
Disccusion Thread 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147717)
Discussion Thread 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149850)
Discussion Thread 4 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150660)
Discussion thread 5 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151506)

EPISODES

Episode 1: "Prologue! A new tale, a new Shinigami!" (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152286)
Episode 2: Hannibal's Past: Flashback to the Old!
(http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8543521)
OTHER HELPFUL LINKS
Character Registry (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146758)
Wiki (http://bleachitp-reborn.wikidot.com/)

A while ago we chose Central 5, a group of five people who work as a governing body for the Soul Society. They are Kasanip, Zarah, Callos_DeTerran, Sucrose and Frozen_Feet. They are tasked with such tasks as deciding Captain promotions and upholding laws of Seireitei. Details can be found below.

In the second last thread people voted and decided that there would not be a Quincy vs Shinigami war before the actual start of the story/roleplay unlike in canon. It was also decided through a vote that Quincy arrows would destroy souls as they do in canon through a vote. People are open to the possibility of future conflicts between the two factions and the Quincy learning how to purify souls with their arrows. Learning how to do so would likely be a significant plot point.

Quincy players have decided that anyone that makes a Quincy should write up a description of their family/clan's history.

Souls that are fully absorbed and become part of a hollow permanently fuse with it. When a hollow is purified the souls it absorbed are not split up. They are reborn as a single entity.

Frozen_Feet's proposed take on this:
Life Cycle of Hollows.

Canny Hollows: these are beings like Grand Fisher and Shrieker - normal Hollows that stay behind in Mortal World much longer than usual. Why? Either they still have unfinished business... or they were already crooked in life.

My reasoning is as follows: when a good Plus turns into a Hollow, it seeks to destroy its loved ones like any other Hollow. However, the mind of the good souls can't hold together once they're done with that. They lack killer's instinct, and might even feel guilt for breaking what was once dear to them in life. This is why they seek oblivion.

Evil souls, on the other hand, gain much more pleasure from tormenting living beings. Even after they've killed those they had a personal beef with, they stay in Mortal World, because their bestial desires won't let them leave. In a way, they still have something to do that defines them and stops them from losing their inviduality, even if it's only "kill all things":

Menos Grande Gillians: When a soul becomes Hollow, the first thing it does is destroy all things it held dear in mortal life. In most cases, having lost their purpose and consumed by their own loneliness, Hollows wander into Hueco Muendo, where they instinctively seek out other souls who died in the same way. Seeking embrace of sweet oblivion, they engage in cannibalistic orgy and fuse into Menos Grande Gillian. Fusion of souls is permanent; once eaten by a Gillian, a soul cannot be separated again.

Menos Grande Gillian's have no identity, only scattered fragments of negative memories and emotions. When such a Gillian is purified, its soul passes into Soul Society as essentially blank slate. However, due to originally being gestalt of multiple entities, such soul has much vaster Reiryoku than normal and is more likely to fragment into Zanpakuto spirit and Inner Hollow. Thus, a purified Menos Grande Gillian is very likely to become a shinigami.

Adjuchas and Vasto Lordes: As noted, Menos Grande Gillians are gestalt formed from people who died in the same way. Adjuchas happens when the amount of souls reaches a critical mass, causing a new personality to bloom from the fragmented memories. This being is effectively personification of its "cause of death". However, Adjuchas aren't stable, and must keep absorbing other Hollows who died the same way to increase in power. Should they fail to absorb other Hollows, starvation will make them regress, reducing them back to mindless beasts. Once Adjuchas has eaten enough souls, it evolves into a Vasto Lorde. However, this requires that they beat all of their challengers, letting none who manage to eat a bit of them to get away.

So, why can't Adjuchas who gets a bit of itself eaten become a Vasto Lorde? It's because losing to another Hollow means there's another being with same Aspect of Death who is more powerful. A Vasto Lorde is a Menos who has absorbed or proven itself to be stronger than all other Hollows with the same aspect of death. They are, effectively, anthropomorphic personifications of their Aspect of Death, and rule supreme over lost souls who died that way. As long as they remain undefeated, they are stable; if a Vasto Lorde does lose, it begins to regress like Adjuchas until it can destroy the Hollow that defeated it.

Arrancars: A Hollow can become an Arrancar in any point of its life, as long as it has a personality at the time. An Arrancar is a Hollow who learns to define itself by way other than its Aspect of Death, thus rising above its bestial instincts.

All Arrancars are stable. While an Arrancar can keep eating souls to increase in power, it no longer fuses new souls with the core of its person - the nommed soul only loses its reiryoku. A soul eaten by Arrancar is usually reborn as a new Hollow. In any case, eating Pluses or other Hollows is pretty much voluntary for an Arrancar - they mostly do so because there is no other food in Hueco Muendo. Because of this, Arrancars can't be held as inherently worse than humans or Shinigami.

Menos and Purification: Shinigami who don't remember their lives were Menos who got purified. As the identity of a Menos is effectively a new entity and is only born after death, Konso unfortunately wipes that all away. For purposes of Redemption, a soul which has gone through Oblivion of the Gillian phase is exempt from Hell's punishment. They become Shinigami because of huge amount of Reiryoku they accumulated as a Hollow.

Resurreccion and Segunda Etapa: Resurreccion is an Arrancars ability to retake its form as a Hollow, and consequently as the manifestation of its aspect. The power of an Arrancars resurreccion is in part directly proportional to how much the Arrancar's behaviour reflects its Aspect.

While achieving Segunda Etapa is only typical for Vasto Lordes who already rule over their Aspect, theoretically any Arrancar can achieve it through meticulous training and self realization.

People that want to make captain entries should write up a history for their preferred division including duties, a past captain or two and whatever else you might think important to add. It can be significantly different from canon.

Strawberryman would like input on how to revise his S.W.O.R.D. faction:Anyway. In light of some recent changes to our world, it occurs to me I also need to update S.W.O.R.D's writeup. Just so we don't have more clashes;

I'd like people's feedback/input on the new writeup for S.W.O.R.D.

So everyone can be happy. :smalltongue:

For reference, the old writeup. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8158615&postcount=811) The faction itself will be in my sig from now on.

General Originally Posted by Zarah
We need a clearly directed plot in order to keep things trucking along without getting stalled, and I had a thought of a way to help accomplish that. Basically, we come up with some central themes for this game. This isn't a revolutionary idea, and some people were already doing just that in the previous game, but I'm saying we all come up with and agree on two or three major themes for this story. Ones that will continue to appear again and again across many of the plotlines throughout the entire game. It'll help direct the plot and could potentially give some good ideas for other characters. Not to mention, it'll give much more of a satisfying payoff in the end once the themes are fully realized.

Whatever they are, they should be fairly general, so they can be adapted to as many of the plots that we have going. Of course, we can expand to include as many motifs and themes as we want in our own stories, but if we have a set of continuous themes to draw from, then it'll really help make things much more connected. Even more coherent.

Obviously, the one I'm gunning for with Kujo is "Law vs. Chaos," and Bleach in of itself has tons of themes we can pick from. "Inner Conflict" is a big one, for example. But hey, I'm open to other suggestions. Any thoughts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightDisciple
I think "Law vs. Chaos" is good.

I'd like to play off of strawberryman's suggested faction, as well as off of what we've seen in our current game, and suggest something dealing with the question: How far do you go to accomplish something? Do you do evil in the name of a greater good? (Sorry. I couldn't help myself.) Or do you make sure to never compromise your principles, large and small, no matter the cost?

Not sure how to compress that into a pithy phrase, but there we go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightDisciple
The following came about in a discussion about the nature of various Shinigami and Arrancar hybrids and such.

The Hougyoku is a substance used to perfect the hybridization of hollow and shinigami. It might have been created, or not. If it has, the creators were most likely vanquished by the powers of the Seireitei and Las Noches, who then sealed the thing off into some forsaken spot of some forsaken demiplane, with only the Ghost King and the Commander General being aware of its location. Both factions had problems with mad or power-hungry Artificial Arrancar and Stable Vizards, deciding that it better to forget the thing.

Shinigami Hybrids:

Unstable Vizard
An unstable vizard is a shinigami who, through some sort of accident or other means, has gained minor hollow powers.
An unstable vizard has access to a personal hollow mask, but does not have any unique powers and his hollowfication never progresses sufficiently to make a resurreccion or segunda etapa possible, and the unstable vizard gains access only to cero and garganta.
Becoming an Unstable Vizard is dangerous and hardly ever intentional, as the name implies, most accidents that would result in an unstable vizard result in a dead shinigami or a hollow, instead. Unstable Vizards must fight off their inner hollow and hollowifcation fully, to prevent the being from overcoming them utterly, but this is a fight that never truly ends.

Stable Vizard
A stable vizard has been created through use of the hougyoku. They do not have to fight off the hollowfication or an inner hollow, which is melded into their person completely.
A stable vizard has access to all hollow powers (cero, bala, sonido, garganta and hierro), and their masks might grant them a unique power, they also have the power to achieve resurreccion and even segunda etapa.

---

Hollow Hybrids

Natural Arrancar
Natural arrancar are hollows who arrancarised themselves, or with the help of other hollows who know how to speed up the process. The arrancar gains an arrancar zanpakutou, which has no spirit, and is merely most of the arrancar's unique powers sealed into sword shape.
Natural arrancar have access to resurreccion and may develop segunda etapa. But do not have access to shinigami abilities.

Artificial Arrancar
Artificial arrancar are created through the Hougyoku. They have the potential to sunder off one of the souls that forms their colective and form it into a second zanpakutou capable of granting shikai and even bankai. Artificial arrancar have the potential to learn shinigami techniques such as Hoho, Kido and Hakuda.

---

Mortal/Hollow Hybrids

Living Vizard
A Living Vizard is a mortal with a hollow mask, the mask comes with an innate, unique power, and when on, it gives the normal boosts and hollow abilities. Living Vizards can, eventualy, achieve resurreccion. A vizard mask cannot ever be lost, and if broken it can be resummoned almost instantly.

Living Arrancar
A living arrancar gains an arrancar zanpakuto (no spirit), hollow abilities (sonido, cero, hierro, bala) and the power of resurreccion. Resurreccion relies on the zanpakuto, which, unlike the vizard mask, can be broken (in which case it needs awhile to regrow).

Hollowing
A hollowing is a mortal who gains the power to turn some body part into a hollow-like version with greater strenght, speed and resilience. The powers in this hollowlike limb can be bolstered through training, but only up to a limit. As this limit is reached the hollowing must, in order to increase her powers, absorb hollow reishi, either form the atmosphere of hueco mundo or through the cannibalization of hollows, which allows even more of the Hollowing's body to turn into hollow-like parts.
The powers of the hollowing come at a risk, for, when enough of the hollowing's body becomes hollowlike, he risks becoming trapped into the monstrous shape.

Shinigami/ Mortal Hybrids:

Substitute Shinigami
This should be pretty basic and obvious.

Living Shinigami
Living shinigami are mortals with access to a shinigami zanpakutou while still in their mortal bodies.

Sereitei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarah
Also, I'm reposting my Central 46 idea, since it got lost two OOC threads ago, and it's far more relevant here. So once again:
Anyway, we've been going on about all of this and that in the Bleach universe, but I came to the realization that we completely forgot about a little group of people hiding away in Soul Society: The Central 46. Probably because in both canon and our game, they've done next to nothing other than... Well, die. However, I felt that if we were going to go with a new setting, why not actually make them practical?

Here's what I suggest: We nominate three or four trusted players to act as the Central 46. Any of these people can post as the entire body, and essentially act as an administrative organization both in and out of character. You might think that doesn't make sense, but in actuality, the duties would cross-over a lot more than you might imagine. For example, say a player wants his character to be promoted to a captain at some point in the RPG. The Central 46 would be the ones who analyze the situation and make a decision, but they'd have to look closely at both the character and the player to see if they're ready for the responsibilities. As another example, imagine that a group of rogue Shinigami appear in the mortal world and start causing trouble. The 46 would decide whether or not Soul Society goes to war with them, and thus whether or not any of the more powerful characters get involved in the plot. Think of them like a set of unofficial moderators for the RPG, who keep things in check both ICly and OOCly.

I think it could also add a whole new layer of role-playing opportunities. Let's say a group of low-powered academy students are training in the mortal world when one classmate decides to do something reckless and ends up getting them into dire straits. They make it back to Soul Society alive and in one piece, but now they have to answer to the Central 46 and explain their actions. Having actual players behind the council instead of just mindless NPCs (or corpses) makes it a bit of a nagging threat in the back of people's minds, and could even indirectly prevent players from going overboard. Since I know that if I were sitting on the council, I would not be a gracious host.

EDIT: I forgot to mention. I wanted to do something with the central 46 that wasn't "kill them all," and this seems like a pretty practical application of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades of Gray + Frozen_Feet
Gotei divisions and their tasks:
1) Administrative.
2) Ninjas.
3) Execution?
4) Healing+Hospitality.
5) Messengers.
6) Reinforcements.
7) Logistics.
8) Tactical planning
9) Recon.
10) Internal Police.
11) Fight.
12) Science.
13) Patrol.

Hollow, Arrancar and Las Noches

Originally Posted by Draken
Now, on to other matters, we need to decide how a few things work. For instance, the menos fusion. When first someone asked what happened to the souls that form a menos, we decided, back then, to have it so that they remain separate (which means when the menos is destroyed all souls are released). But I think it is best if (save exceptions) we have it so that they all permanently fuse.

This has two benefits:

1. It adds a depth of moral doubt to the destruction of an arrancar. They aren't mindless monsters like hollows, they can be argued with, and destroying them won't fre thousands of innocent souls. Just erase their memories.

2. It creates a good "soul number check". We assume that, along with the reincarnations, new souls are, indeed, created. But then... There are only means to increase the number of souls in place. None to reduce them (save awful, vile acts and stuff). The menos "singularity of souls" would be a decent means of keeping the soul population under control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draken
On Las Noches, I was thinking of this organization:

The King of Hollows: The King of Hollows, duh.
The Espada: Captain/Nobility Equivalents.
Fraccion: The liutenants, officers and close persons to the Espada.
Numeros: The soldiers of Las Noches.
Rest: The rest.

I perceive Las Noches as a city in Hueco Mundo, a city governed by arrancar and open to shinigami, mortal and hollow alike. A city where all beneath the artificial sun is under scrutiny of the law enforcement of the city, but where the shady alleys are hive to scum of the worst sort, criminals, traitors, traficants. A place where the Commander General and the Big Bad can look face to face and not be expected to try to kill each other on the risk of losing free access to this (mostly) safe haven.

The idea here isn't that arrancar and hollows are friendly.

The idea is that one vasto lorde decided to open his domain to other spiritual beings. Mainly because rational menos actually have very little reason to fight shinigami except spite, this is because your average menos won't ever leave Hueco Mundo unless goaded out by some other force. Menos have no interest in plus or living souls, they eat other hollows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draken View Post
1. I will be assigning the Espada, most likely.

2. I will also, probably, not keep the numbers strongly tied to the power of each character.

3. The Ghost King will not be the primera.

4. My main arrancar character (King's gonna stay in the background) will be the Queen of Hollows, and she will not be an espada either. I will keep those positions for other players.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
About Aspects of Death: it's established that once a Hollow has destroyed things that were dear to it, they wander into Hueco Muendo and seek out other Hollows to ease their pain / to forget about their lives. I propose they instinctively seek out others who died in the same way, and thus their suffering condenses into their Aspect. Arrancars gain power when the ascended personality realizes this and works around / with it.

Fae

Okay, I think I now have enough to bring this for discussion.

The Fae
Spoiler
The State of the Afterlife of the British Isles
Britain’s afterlife is stable – just. Long periods of internal strife between the psychopomps of Britain, known to themselves as the mac Lir or fab Lly^r, and to others as the Fae, left ample time for Hollows to develop and grow. Now, Britain faces a deep-rooted infestation of well-hidden Menos, but the Houses of the British Isles are united in their desire to rid the islands of these threats.

Annwn – the Afterlife
The British afterlife is called Annwn, a place that reflects the most untouched corners of the British Isles in its geography. The four courts of monarchs are located in a roughly central location within a few hours journey of each other by normal walking speed. Passage between Annwn and the mortal world is achieved by passing through thick banks of mist that function as the Fae equivalent of Senkaimon. The mac Lir make use of ravens, rather than butterflies, to guide them through the misty realm between Annwn and the mortal world.

The Organisation of the Fae
The British Isles are ruled by four monarchs – one each for Ireland, Scotland, England and Wales. Each of these monarchs governs passage of souls into Annwn in the country they are tied to. They each possess three Houses under their command, each ruled by a Tiarna or Pennaeth, individuals equal to the captains of Soul Society. A Tiarna or Pennaeth is directly supported by their Dara or Ail, equivalents to the Japanese Vice-Captains. The rest of the House is made up of thirteen mionn cheangal or lw rhwymo, equivalents to seated officers, plus any other Fae who are members of the House but deemed unworthy of the distinction of the upper ranks. The specialisations of each House vary depending on the current Tiarna or Pennaeth, but it is very rare for their not to be at least one House dedicated to combat in each country at any given time. The ranks of the Houses are held for life, unless the bearer of a rank forfeits it. A House member is usually given a title and land in Annwn upon forfeiting a rank. These titles are hereditary, and their bearers and their family often become the British equivalent of the Noble Houses of Soul Society.

Every year, a randomly selected twenty members of each House are chosen to leave Annwn and go out into the mortal world and deal with Hollows as they see fit. Fae on such leave from their House are known as Fianna, and are exempt from all laws of their lords until the end of their sojourn and return to Annwn.

Each monarch also rules a small Royal House. Tiarna or Pennaeth who truly distinguish themselves are promoted to this rank to serve as the monarch’s guardians and personal champions.

Alongside the House structure exists the Aois-dàna, a loose affiliation of bards and druids that serve as advisors to the lords of the Houses, historians, genealogists, legal specialists, and experts in Ealaín, the British form of kido.

Capabilities of the Fae
All abilities the Fae possess are mirrors of the abilities of shinigami. They can walk on air like their Japanese counterparts, and focus their training on Scileanna Laochra (Zanjutsu), Ystwythder (Hoho), Gan a Arm (Hakudo) and Ealaín (Kido).

--------------------------
A Note on Language
Whilst most of the terminology for the Fae is based on Celtic languages, some, particularly the specifics and names of Ealaín, were brought to Britain from elsewhere. These use Ancient Sumerian.
--------------------------

In addition, every Fae possesses a Treoir Anam, their equivalent of a zanpakutou. These possess the potential for a Rhyddhau (shikai) and a Nerthol Rhyddhau (bankai) as a zanpakutou does. The only notable difference between a Treoir Anam and a zanpakutou is that the former are quite likely to take a shape other than a sword even when sealed, spears and axes in particular being quite common, and no small number of Aois-dàna druids possessing sickles.

Ealaín
The mystic arts of Britain function identically to kido, the spells of a given path and number function the same as their foreign counterpart.

Spoiler
Silakus: “Way of Destruction”
1, Taka (Push)
4, Sagir (Pale Lightning Flash): Balor! Unlid the third eye that graces your brow, and let forth the spite of clouds!
11, Nuhuš Gír (Tamed Lightning)
31, Urinti (Blood Arrow): Balor! Unlid the third eye that graces your brow, and let forth the tide of chaos!
33, Nissati (Blue Arrow): Balor! Unlid the third eye that graces your brow, and let the west crash forth!
54, Su-luh Izi (Cleansing Flames): Balor! Unlid the third eye that graces your brow, and empower me to remove impurity from your sight!
58, Imiuru (Windstorm)
63, Anurimiriu (Threefold Storm Roar)
73, Erim Nissati (Host of Blue Arrows): Balor! Unlid the third eye that graces your brow, drown out the sun, and call forth the sundering west winds!
88, Aralimiriutil (Apocalyptic Threefold Netherworld Storm)
90, Gitil (Black Ending)
96, Ašgir Mànu (Single Sword Immolation)

Girserusu: “Path of Shielding Arts”
1, Šaga (Captive)
4, Sigulul (Golden Chain)
8, Tamšen (Reflecting Mirror)
9, Eda (Paralysis): Balor! Lid your third eye, call up the hounds of Annwn, and grace us with the living death!
21, Urinimi (Blood Cloud)
26, Zah Bu (Hiding Light): Balor! Lid your third eye, turn your gaze away, and put the sun in their eyes!
30, Ešhu Ulul (Three-Bird Restraint)
37, Ulgu (Star Net)
39, Senbu (Shielding Light): Balor! Lid your third eye, turn your gaze to me, and guard me with thine wrath!
58, Igisar Lasar (Seeing the World, Knowing All): Balor! Lid your third eye, extend your sight forth, whisper in my ear, and let me see thine sight! The sun and moon are my eyes, the trembling ground my ear!
61, Asni E-kurbu (Six-Body Prison of Light): Balor! Lid your third eye, gift the sun unto to me, and let its halo trap them!
62, Ûšukur (Hundred Spear Fence)
63, Gisigulul (Locking Golden Chain)
73, Išibalsig (Rotated Mountain Wall)
75, Aš Barzilba-an (Five Adamant Pillars)
77, Kadigir (Mouth of the Gods): Balor! Lid your third eye, and gift me with your voice! The clouds are as my mouth, and the skies are as my lungs!
81, Barù-la (Splitting Nothingness)

Geasa
Unlike shinigami, the Fae bear an additional restraint upon their power: geasa (sing. geis). These are taboos for the Fae in question that they must not commit, or lose access to spiritual power or suffer some other misfortune. Anyone can bring a geasa on a Fae, though the Fae in question must willingly accept it. Treoir Anam spirits often require their wielder to agree to a geis before granting Rhyddhau or Nerthol Rhyddhau. They also pay a part in Fae society, geasa often being included in oaths to one’s lord or in marriage vows.

Samsara

Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
As far as the plot is concerned. Here is my contribution, or at least, hopefully. The Samsara plot, and reasoning for their dark activity.

As much as I personally loathe the name of our new city, I figured it could be incorporated into the plot. With a little brain storming with Callos, and a look at the set up of the new game, I’ve noticed there are –a lot- of spiritually aware children. This led to me thinking –why- that might be the case. Its not a normal occurrence. So, here me out.

Phoenix Town () is a center of reincarnation, both out going and inbound to the spiritual world. This inundates the area with spirit particles, thus leading to the relatively high number of the spiritually aware. The Samsara’s main plot in the first game, and the carry over here, is to rebalance the passage of souls, destroying the Valley of Screams, and removing the Blanks from the Cycle of Reincarnation. Thus fixing the balance of the spiritual world. To do this, their plot is to flood the city with Blanks, and over time detonate them once a certain number of highly aware mortal souls are collected. This puts them in direct conflict with the mortal characters for several reasons.

1. The humans –are- those souls, thus making them prime targets for the Samsara to go after.
2. This will blow up the city, killing off the whole area. That’s bad for those living inside the city, with family and friends. Making this a plot that –all- mortal characters can get involved in early on.

Well, that’s my idea for the Samsara plot. Innis tested, Callos Approved. Now, to the playground, think it’ll work?
Quote:
The Samsara

Leadership: “The Boss”
Second in Command: Go Nagi
Mortal World Relations:

Primary Grunt Force: Blanks (Augmented Blanks)
Physical Location: The Valley of Screams

Overview: The Cycle of Reincarnation is not a simple or perfect thing. Souls traveling between the worlds sometimes fragment, their memories fading into some unknown location, the soul falling into a realm that should never exist. These are the blanks, souls without memories, lost forever from the Cycle of Reincarnation, unable to return for they cannot remember how. It is unknown how, but when a number of these memory less shells accumulate, a separate realm, the Valley of Screams, is created to house them. This real, lies between Soul Society and the Mortal World. But the memories of these creatures are not destroyed or lost forever. The swirling mass of memories and experience’s coalesces into an object known as the Memory Rosary, the accumulation of all memories lost between Reincarnation and the journey there in.

The Samsara

The Samsara are akin to Arrancar in that they are an artificial creation, Blanks granted the copies of memories from the Rosary itself. The likeness between themselves, Shimigami, and Arrancar end at this small analogy, not truly meant to exist the Samsara are the thinking force behind the Valley of Screams, the heralds of those cast out by an imperfect system.

Standard Powers of the Samsara
Blank Manipulation: Every member of the Samsara is capable of utilizing Blanks for various purposes. They may duplicate Kido (if their memories contain such information), create weapons or simple items, duplicate flashstep or sonido (again based purely on their memories), or fly. Samsara may also heal with the power of the Blanks, capable of restoring even lost limbs if given proper time and concentration.

Individual Powers

The powers of a Samsara depends entirely on his or her memories, granting each a highly individualized level of capabilities and powers.

What this is, is a simple dolling up of what seems to be the first Villian team of the Reborn game. We're looking for member's currently. So, if anyone's interested, roll a character up and lets see where it goes :smallwink:

Mortals

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
...Okay, well, I assume because there was little reaction it would help if I actually explained what the faction I was planning is.

It's more or less like the Men In Black... It's a multi-national secret organization that deploys agents to clean up after the various mishaps that Soul Reapers can't. As such, the various Soul Reaper organizations usually leave them well enough alone.

...That's their cover op, though. What they are really trying to do is make Mortals able to fend for themselves, and be self-sufficient on the matters of the spiritual. Which meshed pretty well with Ran's goal during the last cycle... but, that's an aside. They track and recruit various spiritual humans: Quincies (in fact that may possibly be a large base of their agents), Living Vizards, various anomalies, just plain spiritually aware humans, or maybe even Bount.

...As for why they may be considered villainous or antagonistic to the Enclave is their willingness to do literally anything to achieve their ends; assassinations, theft... etc. And it's likely that the various runes they possess will be like their Holy Grail. For reasons I don't feel like fully explaining, I would like to keep some secrets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarah View Post
Well, I was under the assumption that Phoenix Town was going to be another spiritual hot spot, which explains why so many mortals are developing their own powers. Of course, the introduction of outside forces will help as a catalyst, but it's mostly just the fact of where the people live more than anything. The same abundance of spiritual power in the city would also explain why there might be various factions vying for power in the region even from the beginning.

Also, about the idea of the cold war turning hot, I like that plan. I like it a lot. It fits perfectly with Kujo's intentions, and is more or less what I was planning to work toward anyway, so I'm giving it a hearty thumbs up.
Quote:
Well, here is what I was thinking for the over all "History". Its diluted yes, and I'll extrapolate more on it when I can sit down and really pound it out.

Spoiler
The Quincy Bloodlines, as they were, are connected to the ancient Ninja Clans of the Sengoku Jidai, now far removed and interbred with the general populace of Japan, the Quincy themselves would retain lasting familial alliances, hatreds and pacts with other blood lines

Translators: Word Reference (http://www.wordreference.com/) is a pretty good one for English to Spanish. Just don't translate phrases with it.

Innis Cabal
2010-05-20, 06:19 AM
That was a quick 50

Frozen_Feet
2010-05-20, 06:22 AM
Yes, we are burning through OOCs faster than should be allowed. I find it worrying that NarutoITP has less OOC threads despite having multiple IC and Epsiode threads. >_>

So, what about tying those background posts to one "Turn Back the Pendulum" thread, taking place or starting from 200 years ago?

Also, what emotion does F_F smiley represent?

Innis Cabal
2010-05-20, 06:25 AM
I've never seen that smiley. And I don't actually have a character that old.

Though if Vael is up for it, I wouldn't mind doing some back story with her Kido Character and mine to set up some past relations.

horngeek
2010-05-20, 06:32 AM
Hmmm... except that the event I was discussing with tgva didn't take place 200 years ago.

It took place 10 years ago.

These are, specifically, episodes to give some RPing opportunity to the people who want to RP their characters before the game proper starts, partially so they can work out how their characters actually... well, work.

Also, what Innis said. Natsuko would be born in a 200 years ago thread. :smalltongue:

Frozen_Feet
2010-05-20, 06:51 AM
Hmmm... maybe make the longer events their own episodes, but have one central flashback thread for shorter scenes and stand-alone posts telling tidbits of character stories?

Maybe with a rule that each post must happen chronologically after the last, and timeskips of dozen of years are allowed? To avoid confusion, each scene would have a date tag and THE END sign.

horngeek
2010-05-20, 06:59 AM
I'm... not sure what you mean here.

So, if someone does an event 20 years ago, then I decide I want to do one 30 years ago... I can't? :smallconfused:

Frozen_Feet
2010-05-20, 07:29 AM
Eh, yes. It would be "five minutes of life" kinda deal, telling random snippets from along the years. I think such a rule would keep the thread rolling onwards without stagnating, and it would also end definitely as well.

It's just one potential idea. Think of it as a creative writing exercise. ^_^ I take it you feel such rules would be too restrictive?

horngeek
2010-05-20, 07:31 AM
I take it you feel such rules would be too restrictive?

Yep. Got it in one.

In fact, that's why I'm opposed to a 'central prologue thread'. It would either be too restrictive, or too complicated, quite frankly.

riccaru
2010-05-20, 08:04 AM
Why not have one prologue for each set of characters involved? Such as Natsuko and her husband's entire story you want to play out, and have it go much like the normal threads? where people come in as needed? We could also have one for each faction, like soul society and the arrancar and such?

horngeek
2010-05-20, 08:05 AM
Why not have one prologue for each set of characters involved? Such as Natsuko and her husband's entire story you want to play out, and have it go much like the normal threads? where people come in as needed? We could also have one for each faction, like soul society and the arrancar and such?

Well, what I'm thinking is have one prologue 'thread' for each event. So, the marriage would be a thread.

Frozen_Feet
2010-05-20, 08:24 AM
Eh, I don't think we should spread out the flashbacks between too many episodes. For example, the date and the wedding are thematically linked, and could easily fit within one thread, with one in-thread time skip. That way the story would stay more contained and be easier to read through later on as well.

I also feel many flashback events wouldn't take more than few posts to resolve - not enough to really warrant a thread of their own. So one thread with multiple shorter scenes would be better.

riccaru
2010-05-20, 08:51 AM
Eh, I don't think we should spread out the flashbacks between too many episodes. For example, the date and the wedding are thematically linked, and could easily fit within one thread, with one in-thread time skip. That way the story would stay more contained and be easier to read through later on as well.

I also feel many flashback events wouldn't take more than few posts to resolve - not enough to really warrant a thread of their own. So one thread with multiple shorter scenes would be better.

That's what I was saying, although having the same thread for each faction might not work, so we could have like one for Las Noches and one for the seretei and one in the mortal world. (With a seperate thread for the wedding and engagement and such.)

Frozen_Feet
2010-05-20, 09:16 AM
What about three general flashback threads, with Hueco Muendo and Soul Society threads taking place a bit further in the past, and Mortal World one being more recent? Plus the odd episode, of course.

Would players in 12th, 11th, 10th and maybe 13th be interested in playing out the Hollow attack that triggered Hannibal's hollowfication, and subsequent aftermath?

KnightDisciple
2010-05-20, 09:41 AM
I bet everyone's going to hate me for this, but tough cookies.

Yes, that particular relationship must be there. It's not for "shock value". It's not for the audience. I wanted to write that, and I have full right to do so. :smallsmile: I am sorry if it still makes people uncomfortable, but remember what I've agreed to change (details only), and keep in mind that it's just a backstory that no one knows. It will likely never come up in the game.There seems to be literally no reason it couldn't be "close family friend", "family trainer", or something like that. Literally no reason. Except something like "shock value". I also doubt you're actually sorry, because you're still doing it.
It does matter, because it's part of the collective content. That's something I, as a player and contributor to this content, have a right to speak up on. Just as much as anything else in this RP. Whether anyone else speaks up is their decision, but don't tell me not to speak up in the first place.

Please stop trying to convince me to change it.No.

I'm firmly in place about my beliefs on this backstory's credibility.The fact that you're needlessly inserting the artificial "drama" of an incest angle (adopted or no) makes me wonder about this.

If you want me to change it simply because you don't like the usage of what YOU may call "incest", then sorry, I won't. It's fiction, not fact, and it does not affect anyone directly IC, and that's all that matters.No it's not all that matters. As I said. This story is part of the greater whole of the content we're all posting. I've objected to other items in the past, and I'm objecting to this. So it does matter, at least to me.

OOC, it affects you only as much as you want it to. I don't feel like being forced out of enjoying myself just because there's a difference of opinions, so please understand my stance.Are you trying to understand my stance at all? Or just brushing off my concerns by saying "it's OOC fiction". I don't see how the racy little inclusion of adopted incest makes it so much more enjoyable than it being a family trainer.

...I guarantee that if I made a racist character, they wouldn't get half the flack.It would depend on the implementation of said "racist character", but good job making this "less noticeable" via small text. Shows that you're really trying not to stir up trouble, yes sir.

EDIT: Keep my past words in mind, please. I have no intention of writing raunchy material.I consider this still somewhat raunchy, so I guess you failed in that intention.

Of course, I'm sure almost everyone else will just shout me down and say it "doesn't matter" and so on. That's their right. Just like it's my right to protest even this revised version.

tgva8889
2010-05-20, 10:12 AM
I think doing something prologue-y would be interesting, though they'd have to be specific scenes. I wouldn't want to do some scenes until later, but the wedding, for example, would be great for everyone because theoretically any Shinigami could have been invited (except those not in Soul Society and/or in jail).

On differently timed threads, the problem with that is that if one thread slows down, it's gonna be a really long ways behind the other ones. While we can time-skip ahead, I think figuring out the timing of things would get confusing at some point.

Would players in 12th, 11th, 10th and maybe 13th be interested in playing out the Hollow attack that triggered Hannibal's hollowfication, and subsequent aftermath?

If we do this, would you be opposed to having a small opening scene in which Taiki enters and starts talking with Hannibal about his past, which prompts the flashback?

riccaru
2010-05-20, 10:22 AM
I think doing something prologue-y would be interesting, though they'd have to be specific scenes. I wouldn't want to do some scenes until later, but the wedding, for example, would be great for everyone because theoretically any Shinigami could have been invited (except those not in Soul Society and/or in jail).

On differently timed threads, the problem with that is that if one thread slows down, it's gonna be a really long ways behind the other ones. While we can time-skip ahead, I think figuring out the timing of things would get confusing at some point.

If we do this, would you be opposed to having a small opening scene in which Taiki enters and starts talking with Hannibal about his past, which prompts the flashback?

Each thread being self contained and ending about the same time would make this less difficult, because at this point most people won't be crossing over to other worlds, will they? If we have them self contained and having a semi-set date to end, it will work, though it might be slightly difficult. Would we have a thread for the Samsara as well? Anyway, we still need the positions set before we can really start, as has been brought up.

@KD, I personally see little problem with Boo's story, but you have your opinion as I have mine, and both are valid in my eyes. Having a personal trainer may not work, but Maybe having a forbidden fling with an officer in the seretei might? Depending on how relationships are viewed there. (Boo could easily make the relationship homosexual, which would bring up alot of other topics, but will solve the incestuous part. If Boo were willing to do it that way, I'm sure no one would have a problem with it.):smallsmile:

Frozen_Feet
2010-05-20, 10:26 AM
The fact that you're needlessly inserting the artificial "drama" of an incest angle (adopted or no) makes me wonder about this.

Why do you consider it needless and artificial? If Boo's goal is to make a dark and heavy-hearted character, it would be much more jarring if Michiko's past was all happiness and sunshine.

Having a troubled past is, very likely, fundamental to Michiko as a character. Why is, then, the scenario presented needless? Or, put another way: why would any other scenario be any better? If uneasy feelings between adopted siblings were switched to a dead little sister or man-slaughter of Michiko's family, would you be more approving? o_O

It would depend on the implementation of said "racist character", but good job making this "less noticeable" via small text. Shows that you're really trying not to stir up trouble, yes sir.
Whether or not Boo made his comment in good spirit, he does have a point. Your own reply also begs a question: could the offending plot element be implemented in manner that would not offend you? If so, what in Boo's delivery leaves a bad taste in your mouth?

This a bit like how Tacky said he could never perceive Akemi, the exile who can save souls from hell, in a sympathetic light. I simply can't see what in the backstory of Michiko is so contradictory that it breaks the character for you. :smallfrown:

I consider this still somewhat raunchy, so I guess you failed in that intention.

I don't think it's fair to judge from a list of notes, because I think the presented plot can be written so that the offending elements won't jump on your nose. Lets wait and see till he actually writes it out.
:smallsmile:

riccaru
2010-05-20, 10:28 AM
Off topic, but... @ Frozen, the link to the discussion needs to be changed in your sig. On a related note, how do you change the name of a link like that?

Frozen_Feet
2010-05-20, 10:29 AM

That'd be perfect.

Kasanip
2010-05-20, 10:30 AM
Perhaps KnightDisciple and Boo can discuss in PM to find a solution to the problems?

I do not mind if discussion continues in the OOC, as long as thoughts and opinions can offer alternative ideas and solutions... But it seems this issue is one of "No, change" and "No, not change" and such a 'loop' will not be happy for anyone. Since disagreement seems to be just one person, PM seems to be a better way. :smallsmile:

AmberVael
2010-05-20, 10:31 AM
Off topic, but... @ Frozen, the link to the discussion needs to be changed in your sig. On a related note, how do you change the name of a link like that?

Instead of using the code:
*LINK GOES HERE*

You use:
*WHAT YOU WANT LINK TO SAY GOES HERE* (*LINK GOES HERE*)

KnightDisciple
2010-05-20, 10:33 AM
I really don't see the necessity of the specific "he's her adopted brother" angle.

Like I said, he could be the family's personal trainer. The family could have strict "breeding" rules that wouldn't permit her and her trainer to have a relationship. Her father finds out, and in a rage, kicks her out on the street. Maybe the trainer sneaks her a sword as a parting gift.

Or maybe she meets a boy from a rival noble family in passing, and they develop a spark. Then there's shame on 2 families, and it's more likely the boy isn't just killed (and is likely left as he is after some sort of lesser punishment).

That is, off the top of my head, 2 ways to preserve the "forbidden love" angle without resorting to some level of incest.

Keep in mind that, in a place like Soul Society, adoption is likely more common than in the real world. Not only that, it's likely seen as more binding as well. No small part of the growth of noble families likely comes from careful adoptions, just as much as it comes from careful breeding. So, there's an even stronger elemental connection, just in the society itself. This is putting aside my personal distaste for this particular story element.

riccaru
2010-05-20, 10:33 AM
*LINK GOES HERE*

You use:

Thanks a bunch, I asked one of my forum junkie friends, but she told me in a much more confusing manner. So, thanks again.

Testing... 1. 2. 3.
GOOGLE! (google.com)

I broke it... I fixed it!
Thanks everyone!

AmberVael
2010-05-20, 10:34 AM
Don't put that first backslash there and you've got it.

Here, just quote and look at this:

Google is awesome! (http://www.google.com/)

Frozen_Feet
2010-05-20, 10:34 AM
*LINK GOES HERE*

You use:
Abridged version: easily. ^_^

Also, again, what emotion F_F looks like to you?

riccaru
2010-05-20, 10:47 AM
Abridged version: easily. ^_^

Also, again, what emotion F_F looks like to you?

Looks kind of like shifty eyes mixed with Ulquierra. Or Balrog from Cave Story. Haha.

Prime32
2010-05-20, 10:48 AM
Also, again, what emotion F_F looks like to you?Averting your eyes in embarassment/disgust.

Frozen_Feet
2010-05-20, 10:51 AM
Keep in mind that, in a place like Soul Society, adoption is likely more common than in the real world. Not only that, it's likely seen as more binding as well. No small part of the growth of noble families likely comes from careful adoptions, just as much as it comes from careful breeding. So, there's an even stronger elemental connection, just in the society itself. This is putting aside my personal distaste for this particular story element.

I agree with you that adoption would likely be seen as more binding... but why would that necessarily put more emphasis on love between adopted siblings being "incestous"?

I'm mainly bringing this up because Boo mentioned increasing Michiko's age at the point of adoption. In some feudal societies, families or clans took new people under their wings for the explicit purpose of raising new possible brides or grooms for existing family members. In a way, it was more like, eh, "delayed marriage" than adoption, but the point stands: there are different ways for noble families to emphasis unity than stressing a "sibling-like" relation between adopted members.

And that's before we get to the fact that many noble families were inbred for the purpose of keeping wealth within a family.

CMOTDibbler
2010-05-20, 10:51 AM
Don't put that first backslash there and you've got it.

Here, just quote and look at this:

Google is awesome! (http://www.google.com/)

Well, I think I would be best with Vaels Arcelia Cruz the most.

You can haz fraccion?

Sucrose
2010-05-20, 10:52 AM
Why do you consider it needless and artificial? If Boo's goal is to make a dark and heavy-hearted character, it would be much more jarring if Michiko's past was all happiness and sunshine.

Having a troubled past is, very likely, fundamental to Michiko as a character. Why is, then, the scenario presented needless? Or, put another way: why would any other scenario be any better? If uneasy feelings between adopted siblings were switched to a dead little sister or man-slaughter of Michiko's family, would you be more approving? o_O

Whether or not Boo made his comment in good spirit, he does have a point. Your own reply also begs a question: could the offending plot element be implemented in manner that would not offend you? If so, what in Boo's delivery leaves a bad taste in your mouth?

This a bit like how Tacky said he could never perceive Akemi, the exile who can save souls from hell, in a sympathetic light. I simply can't see what in the backstory of Michiko is so contradictory that it breaks the character for you. :smallfrown:

I don't think it's fair to judge from a list of notes, because I think the presented plot can be written so that the offending elements won't jump on your nose. Lets wait and see till he actually writes it out.
:smallsmile:

On the matter of my direct opinion of Boo's character, as per my word, I will make no comment at the present time. However, as for this argument in particular:

Point the First: For me at least, yes. Yes I would. Because, in the case of the specific argument presented, it is unlikely that the cause of such unhappy circumstances would be expected to be viewed in anything remotely resembling a positive light.

Similarly, for point the second, it would likely be written as a wholly negative point in the character's worldview, and we would not be expected to hold any sympathy for his arguments in that case.

For point the third, it is being written as a romance. That is, inherently, enough to shift the viewpoint to something far too positive for the act in question.

Aside from that, yes, you clearly do not understand what causes the horror that KD and I experience when the element in question is being brought up. Surely there are certain things that you could not possibly accept having to tolerate as part of a group storytelling experience. Things that are horrifically vile. Accept, for the moment, that this is how I, and, I believe, KD, view the matter of sibling incest, adopted or not.

Draken
2010-05-20, 10:52 AM
It looks like the fail eyes. As if you were a ten year old with a pink cap staring at your weird-eared crazy teacher about to stamp a huge red F in your forehead.

The Librarian
2010-05-20, 10:53 AM
You can haz fraccion?

You can haz cheezburger too.:smallbiggrin:

Draken
2010-05-20, 10:57 AM
Given F_F's post. How about changing it to this setup instead:

She entered the family not by being adopted, but as a future bride to say... Brother 2. Crap can hit the fan from there.

riccaru
2010-05-20, 10:58 AM
CMOT, Higure needs a slight change. You have the length of his blade as 14'... Not 14". Not a big deal, but a 20' long wakazashi is...scary :smalleek:(sorry if this sounds rude, but I noticed it just now)

CMOTDibbler
2010-05-20, 10:59 AM
CMOT, Higure needs a slight change. You have the length of his blade as 14'... Not 14". Not a big deal, but a 20' long wakazashi is...scary :smalleek:(sorry if this sounds rude, but I noticed it just now)

Right... I always get those, mixed up, thanks. :smallredface::smallsmile:

Frozen_Feet
2010-05-20, 11:00 AM
It looks like the fail eyes. As if you were a ten year old with a pink cap staring at your weird-eared crazy teacher about to stamp a huge red F in your forehead.

Maybe I should change my screen name to Fail_Face.

F_F

AmberVael
2010-05-20, 11:01 AM
You can haz fraccion?

I think there are people who need and want fraccion more than I do.
I'd advise working with them first.

KnightDisciple
2010-05-20, 11:01 AM
Given F_F's post. How about changing it to this setup instead:

She entered the family not by being adopted, but as a future bride to say... Brother 2. Crap can hit the fan from there.So, she's not adopted per se? She's "set aside", and being groomed for bridehood? Not considered a sibling in any sense of the word. She's intended for Brother 2, but falls for Brother 1? Cue secret training and making out?

That might be passable. It still gets the "forbidden romance" angle in, without going the (in my own view) unnecessary step of making them siblings (whatever the circumstances).

CMOTDibbler
2010-05-20, 11:03 AM
I think there are people who need and want fraccion more than I do.
I'd advise working with them first.

Ok... Uh, well, who needs fraccion? :smallconfused:

The Librarian
2010-05-20, 11:06 AM
Yay!:smallbiggrin: The first of my latest artwork is done. Here is my illustration of Misaki Ichimyouri below.

Warning! Kind of a big picture.:smallsmile:http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt138/Rightyking/Misaki-Ichimyouri-BW.jpg

Feel Free to comment, and ask me if you want your character drawn up.

Epic Repost! You know, for those who haven't seen it yet.:smallredface:

riccaru
2010-05-20, 11:08 AM

Better question: Who doesn't? Draken needs to decide in all finality the espada first, though.

Draken
2010-05-20, 11:09 AM

He looks like he would fit well with Genoveva, I think. I could also suggest Alejandro, Sabas and Pan.

Edit: I don't really have any competition to chose from. The names in the pool right now are likely the names that will be staying. And I gues... I will have Sereg and Arturo in septima and octava, respectively. This leaves Segunda and Decima open.

riccaru
2010-05-20, 11:14 AM
He looks like he would fit well with Genoveva, I think. I could also suggest Alejandro, Sabas and Pan.

Edit: I don't really have any competition to chose from. The names in the pool right now are likely the names that will be staying. And I gues... I will have Sereg and Arturo in septima and octava, respectively. This leaves Segunda and Decima open.

Err... My character's name is Sereg Arturo... Is there another Arturo?

Frozen_Feet
2010-05-20, 11:16 AM

Wait... what?

Also, why horngeek's Espada candidate isn't in the registry.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-05-20, 11:20 AM

Hollow King's Warning: Being the fraccion of the Primera has been linked with sudden cases of such afflications as 'dead', 'imprisoned in nothingness', 'being subject to social experimentation', and 'having a not-nice boss'. If you contract any of these symptoms then you are advised to curl up into a little ball and start weeping. If you are still capable of such anyway.

Maybe people think I'm bringing this up too much, especially since I do want Genoveva to have fraccion, but I want people to know what they are getting into if they pick Genoveva as their Espada. She is not a nice person. She doesn't think of her fraccion as sons/daughters or as the family she always wanted (see past role-play, though with better role-playing). Genoveva sees fraccion, even hers, the same as every other Non-Espada and that is as 'potential prey'. She is a villain through and through.

...*cough*...That said, still looking for Fraccion. >.>

Draken
2010-05-20, 11:20 AM
... It was supposed to say Edward instead of Sereg.

And riiight. Knew there was something missing. horngeek's Espada is not there yet and she is applying to the spot of Octava.

I guess this either Edward or Arturo will get moved to Segunda or Decima then.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-05-20, 11:23 AM
... It was supposed to say Edward instead of Sereg.

And riiight. Knew there was something missing. horngeek's Espada is not there yet and she is applying to the spot of Octava.

I guess this either Edward or Arturo will get moved to Segunda or Decima then.

The thought of Edward as Segunda is both hilarious and oddly fitting. :smallwink: I endorse that idea.

CMOTDibbler
2010-05-20, 11:27 AM
How about Sabas, then? Dorizzit needs fraccion...

Steilos
2010-05-20, 11:33 AM
You know, if we're hurting so much for fraccion, I could make one. It's not like I'm drowning in characters or things to do.

CheapAfterTaste
2010-05-20, 11:35 AM
Bonjourno I'm a newbie and I've made my first character and I would like comments and what not. Please and thanks. :smallbiggrin:
CMOTDibbler and you know that guy...>.> oh yeah Righty convinced me to join and so i did :D!

Name: Rya Tamasine
Position: 10th 3rd Seat
Reiatsu: Slate Grey
Height: 3'8
Weight: 69

Appearance: Rya is a humanoid (dragon/human). Rya has silver hair and onyx black eyes. He has wings that spread three feet. Rya looks like a seven year old little child, but he is actually around four hundred years old. His body is covered with white (greenish tented) scales. He wears a standard black hakama and black haori with the white sash, but he doesn't wear any shoes and prefers to run around bare footed.

Personality: Rya is actually has a twin brother named Ryu whose soul was trapped inside of his body. There is no given time in which one is in control they're always acting as one. Rya and Ryu are very playful and they like to play pranks on the other shinigami on a regular basis. However when in battle or an important issue arises they become very serious.

Zanpakuto: Ryū-ryoku
Ryū-ryoku is a duel Kodachi (http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx2/CheapAfterTaste/kodachi2tou103.jpg)

Shikai: Kasai burēdo (Fire Blades) while in shikai form the blades of Ryū-ryoku turn dark red and engulf in flames. Ryū-ryoku is enchanted in with fire and enchances the damage of its attacks.

Bankai: Tamashī o sakujo suru (Remove Soul) while in bankai form Ryu's soul is stripped from Rya's body and it takes the form of a body identical to Rya's. Ryu is then enabled to fight outside of Rya's body and he uses one of the blades of Ryū-ryoku.

Abilities: All of Rya's senses are enhanced. He has exceptional vision, hearing, and sense of smell.

Other: While Ryu's and Rya's mother was giving birth she devoured Ryu's body and his soul sort of wandered into Rya's body some how o_O.

Boo
2010-05-20, 11:41 AM
@Sucrose: I was not "bitching". And let me repeat that I wanted it as it is because I found it interesting to write, not "shock value". Please reread my statements, and don't assume I'm such an ass.

@KD: I was not giving any poor attitude.

Where do you guys get these ideas? This is not how you should approach people. And no, KD, I'm not speaking down to you. I have great respect for you both, and I don't wish to argue, but we must in this case.

@Draken/KD's idea: Why would Himura be taken in as a potential bride? Either it doesn't make sense with the "dying noblehouse" part (what idiot would take a bride from a poor house?), or it screws around with her being thrown into Rukongai. Wouldn't her original family protest?

I get the idea, but I find that it just doesn't work for me, personally. (Don't twist this sentence for your own use, please)

Something that I would like to know is why you two (and others) find this particular thing so much worse than murder, racism, or anything else (because if I only involve a murder or ten, no one would complain). What about it makes it so bad? PM me in reply so you can go all out with words. I have no intention of reporting anyone for any bad tides carried my way. Even if they address me as if personifying Lewis Black.

And let me say again, but to everyone: Don't assume I'm such an ass in my posts. I'm sorry if some of my writing is ambiguous, and some of my historic writing is offensive to some. I have no intention of patronizing, being condescending, or insulting anyone.

KnightDisciple
2010-05-20, 11:49 AM
Why would she be taken in as a potential bride? Well, remember there are 70 districts (well, x4, but you get the idea). Maybe she was in the, oh, late 20s. A flower shop girl, or calligraphy girl. Maybe Brother 2 was enamored with her, or the mother saw her and thought "she looks like good breeding material". You have her joining the Shinigami Academy eventually; they likely could detect she had potential for spiritual power. That means she could bear children with that potential. Who could become shinigami. Which brings more prestige to the house.

If you stop and actually try to think of reasons, it's not that hard.

You say you're finding it "interesting to write"; previously, you hadn't given any reason other than "because", so it wasn't hard to say "shock value" played some part.

Neither of us sees what this particular part of the story (not the whole story, but this one part) actually brings to the table in the manner of positive cumulative storytelling. That's a very meta concept, by the way. It doesn't mean "all stories must be sunshine and light". Just that there are things we'd like to keep out.

Did we ever say we found it worse than murder or racism? I sure didn't. But racism isn't involved in your posts, so it's not an issue in this conversation. Stop trying to distract the subject at hand.

The other issue is that it's being portrayed in an at least somewhat positive light. The idea of the father beating his son to death was never a positive in any way. I think no one needs to say that "murder is bad". And I don't know about Sucrose, but I'm not a huge fan of murders all over backstories.

But again, this relationship is being cast in something of a positive light, because it's being told as a "romance". That's half the problem.

Why didn't I take this to PM, some might ask? So that there's no question on what I said.

riccaru
2010-05-20, 11:54 AM
Who's the septima then?

Sucrose
2010-05-20, 12:11 PM
@Sucrose: I was not "bitching". And let me repeat that I wanted it as it is because I found it interesting to write, not "shock value". Please reread my statements, and don't assume I'm such an ass.

@KD: I was not giving any poor attitude.

Where do you guys get these ideas? This is not how you should approach people. And no, KD, I'm not speaking down to you. I have great respect for you both, and I don't wish to argue, but we must in this case.

@Draken/KD's idea: Why would Himura be taken in as a potential bride? Either it doesn't make sense with the "dying noblehouse" part (what idiot would take a bride from a poor house?), or it screws around with her being thrown into Rukongai. Wouldn't her original family protest?

I get the idea, but I find that it just doesn't work for me, personally. (Don't twist this sentence for your own use, please)

Something that I would like to know is why you two (and others) find this particular thing so much worse than murder, racism, or anything else (because if I only involve a murder or ten, no one would complain). What about it makes it so bad? PM me in reply so you can go all out with words. I have no intention of reporting anyone for any bad tides carried my way. Even if they address me as if personifying Lewis Black.

And let me say again, but to everyone: Don't assume I'm such an ass in my posts. I'm sorry if some of my writing is ambiguous, and some of my historic writing is offensive to some. I have no intention of patronizing, being condescending, or insulting anyone.
You know, I might be inclined to believe that you're being somewhat respectful if you didn't just reply to a PM in the main thread.

Beyond that, I echo KD, and would also like to ask exactly what makes pushing our buttons so much more interesting to you than a narratively equivalent device that isn't horrifically disgusting.

As for the nature of our complaint, if you cannot understand what about the idea of adoptive incest disgusts us now, I honestly doubt that you are capable of it.

I will not take this to PMs, when you so clearly fail to recognize the boundary between them and the thread.

Boo
2010-05-20, 12:20 PM
I see your meaning with the "stop and think" part, however I felt a hastened reply was necessary. The story that you suggested just doesn't flow for me, sorry. I will try to think of something else that I might enjoy writing about.

I outright stated it had nothing to do with "shock value". That should have been enough.

The point about murder wasn't to distract, nor did I say anyone mentioned them. It was simply a point about perception in media. Yes, the relationship is shown in a positive light, but so is murder in many films/novels that everyone here may like. There are emotional concerns within my story, but I haven't discussed them because they are such specific details. They're not set in stone, so I won't talk about them.

The family part plays a small role in the backstory (in size), so implying that is is "all over" the backstory doesn't quite hit a bullseye. The only mentioned sexual act is kissing. If you think something else is present, you're embellishing.

@^: Sorry. I cannot fully express that, but yes I am truly sorry for that mistake. As well, I do not find pushing your buttons interesting.

This argument really hasn't moved, has it? KD, don't answer that.

AmberVael
2010-05-20, 12:24 PM
You know what I think is worse for the game than Boo's backstory?

This argument.

You have the rights to your opinions and desires, and to express them- and honestly, I can very much sympathize why you're turned off by that element of the backstory. I'd probably be happier if it was eliminated too.

But frankly, I feel this argument is killing the mood (at least currently) much more effectively than the character.

So honestly... I don't want to tell you to stop, but I highly encourage you guys to find some nicer and subtler way of working this all out.

riccaru
2010-05-20, 12:32 PM
I'm with Vael. If this argument wasn't a complete stalemate it might be different, but as of now, there is no give and take. None of you are willing to change your ideas at this point, so why bother with the fighting? My suggestion of a homosexual love is still out there, as it fits most of the criteria. Boo still gets to have a forbidden (in the feudal japanese setting that the seretei seems to use) love, and the others won't find it nearly as wrong (I assume) as the perceived incest. Everyone wins. It's still a depth to the character that is ultimately a parallel. It was extremely forbidden in feudal times, but now it is seen as perfectly acceptable. Maybe the father even feels bad about this? This could all work better than the insanely mind numbing stalemate you have now. Neither side here is "right" in my eyes, but both have points that are relevant, and it's largely the SAME point. This point is freedom of speech. Boo feels he should be allowed to have this backstory, and the others feel they should not be subjected unwillingly to material they find inappropriate.

AmberVael
2010-05-20, 12:33 PM
My suggestion of a homosexual love is still out there, as it fits most of the criteria. Boo still gets to have a forbidden (in the feudal japanese setting that the seretei seems to use) love, and the others won't find it nearly as wrong (I assume) as the perceived incest...

Well darn, I guess I'm going to have forbidden love written all over my characters. :smalltongue:

riccaru
2010-05-20, 12:36 PM
Well darn, I guess I'm going to have forbidden love written all over my characters. :smalltongue:

Well sorry, but you have to admit it was highly frowned upon in feudal societies. :smallwink: I'm NOT getting into this arguement on one side or the other.

Sucrose
2010-05-20, 12:41 PM
I was not bothering with the fighting until FF jumped on KD. I do not intend to speak up except as necessary to defend my viewpoint, until such time as Boo has 'finalized' his intended backstory.

Your proposed homosexual angle is tolerable to me, if it would work for the others concerned.

In any case, Vael, with the PMs clearly demonstrated not to be an option, there really is no alternative to hashing things out in the thread. Before you suggest it outright, I will not abandon my point altogether, largely because to do that, I would need to abandon the game, and I would like to avoid that.

KnightDisciple
2010-05-20, 12:50 PM
I was not bothering with the fighting until FF jumped on KD. I do not intend to speak up except as necessary to defend my viewpoint, until such time as Boo has 'finalized' his intended backstory.

Your proposed homosexual angle is tolerable to me, if it would work for the others concerned.

In any case, Vael, with the PMs clearly demonstrated not to be an option, there really is no alternative to hashing things out in the thread. Before you suggest it outright, I will not abandon my point altogether, largely because to do that, I would need to abandon the game, and I would like to avoid that.I have to admit, I'm starting to approach this point.

My main frustration lies in the fact that Sucrose and I have a very specific objection to the story, not to every single element. I've proposed a compromise that I feel retains the majority of the essence of the story, while removing something so fundamentally distasteful.

I feel like I'm essentially being told that since this is "purely backstory", I can't object at all. Even though this is a collective effort. I worry that the implication is that we can include almost anything, so long as we're vague, and maybe just shove it into "backstory".

I feel like people are patting me on the head, saying "that's nice, dear", and proceeding to keep going on, totally ignoring my objection. Which is frustrating. Not to mention the fact I'm having trouble interpreting the tone of Boo's posts; what I read as sarcasm apparently isn't, or something.

Then, when I try to be as neutral as possible in my objections, I am the villain here, even as Boo sits back and snipes at me. Maybe that's an overblown perception, but it's the message I'm getting.

Frankly, it's getting a bit upsetting.

AmberVael
2010-05-20, 12:55 PM
In any case, Vael, with the PMs clearly demonstrated not to be an option, there really is no alternative to hashing things out in the thread. Before you suggest it outright, I will not abandon my point altogether, largely because to do that, I would need to abandon the game, and I would like to avoid that.

You preemptively brought up a point I was not going to suggest. :smallwink:

No, I think it is a terrible idea not to resolve it at this point, I just want to point out that I think the way it is currently being handled feels very uneasy for a lot of us.

I don't necessarily have a suggestion (wish I did), but I think it would be very much preferable to slow down and find some alternate method of dealing with the problem than what is currently being used- because it is apparently breeding a lot of bad feelings on both sides.

And I do want to say that this isn't pointed towards either side of the argument. It's towards the argument in general.

Terry576
2010-05-20, 01:02 PM
I've got a question.

Why does she need to be kicked out because of Forbidden Love exactly? Boo's just saying "Freedom of Speech" and stuff like that.

Sucrose
2010-05-20, 01:04 PM
I've got a question.

Why does she need to be kicked out because of Forbidden Love exactly? Boo's just saying "Freedom of Speech" and stuff like that.

Because it is the angle that he wishes to pursue for his character. KD and I generally support the idea of players getting to do what they wish with their characters. However, there are limits, dictated by what the members of the game can stomach. That is why we are trying to remove the unnecessary 'adoptive incest' nature of the forbidden love, because it is beyond what we can stomach.

Draken
2010-05-20, 01:25 PM
For the record. Nothing bothers me. I am just trying to conciliate the different point of views.

There could be outright vicious things made explicit in the text and I wouldn't be bothered. A mod might, however, and that would be sorta bad.

tgva8889
2010-05-20, 01:34 PM
I'm not trying to incite argument of any kind. I just want to clarify stuff. Please ignore this if you don't want to be involved.

Here's what I'm reading. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Boo: Here's my backstory! It has incest in it, please don't take this the wrong way, I'm including it because I find it interesting, not because I want to incite problems. I have the right to include whatever I want in my character's story, and I chose this. Since it has no affect on the character in-game, I refuse to change it.
KD: I have a problem with you including incest in this story. It does not add anything that having the relationship not be incestuous would not retain. The relationship could be this, this, this, this, or this and the story would be the same. As a part of the community, I would like to say that I have problems with this (of some kind, I myself am not clear what the best descriptive word would be to use).
Boo: I want to write about incest because I find it interesting. Why is incest worse than [bad thing] or [bad thing]?
KD: It's not. I don't want you to write about incest because there are other alternatives that could replace it and still maintain the story, the character, etc. Currently I see no reason why it couldn't be another way.

My real question is, Boo, is why this is so important to you. You can write about incest wherever you want, whenever you want. We're not telling you you can't. What we are telling you is that there is no reason for it to be this way. There are alternatives, and you have yet to explain why those alternative won't work beyond "I don't feel like it." If you don't think they fit with the story you've written, maybe you should explain to us exactly why the relationship needs to be brother/sister so that we can better understand your view.

Thus far, the only reason you've said you don't want to change it is some equivalent of "You can't tell me what to do, I have the right to do whatever I want." This is true. However, this is not a defense of why you need to include something that appears to offend other people. If you could defend it in a way that would prove that no other subject would be acceptable, then I'm sure that KD and Sucrose would at least consider leaving you be.

This is not intended to be an offense to anyone or anything. I just don't want to see the game destroyed because of an argument about something this trivial.

KnightDisciple
2010-05-20, 02:03 PM
I'm not trying to incite argument of any kind. I just want to clarify stuff. Please ignore this if you don't want to be involved.

Here's what I'm reading. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Boo: Here's my backstory! It has incest in it, please don't take this the wrong way, I'm including it because I find it interesting, not because I want to incite problems. I have the right to include whatever I want in my character's story, and I chose this. Since it has no affect on the character in-game, I refuse to change it.
KD: I have a problem with you including incest in this story. It does not add anything that having the relationship not be incestuous would not retain. The relationship could be this, this, this, this, or this and the story would be the same. As a part of the community, I would like to say that I have problems with this (of some kind, I myself am not clear what the best descriptive word would be to use).
Boo: I want to write about incest because I find it interesting. Why is incest worse than [bad thing] or [bad thing]?
KD: It's not. I don't want you to write about incest because there are other alternatives that could replace it and still maintain the story, the character, etc. Currently I see no reason why it couldn't be another way.

My real question is, Boo, is why this is so important to you. You can write about incest wherever you want, whenever you want. We're not telling you you can't. What we are telling you is that there is no reason for it to be this way. There are alternatives, and you have yet to explain why those alternative won't work beyond "I don't feel like it." If you don't think they fit with the story you've written, maybe you should explain to us exactly why the relationship needs to be brother/sister so that we can better understand your view.

Thus far, the only reason you've said you don't want to change it is some equivalent of "You can't tell me what to do, I have the right to do whatever I want." This is true. However, this is not a defense of why you need to include something that appears to offend other people. If you could defend it in a way that would prove that no other subject would be acceptable, then I'm sure that KD and Sucrose would at least consider leaving you be.

This is not intended to be an offense to anyone or anything. I just don't want to see the game destroyed because of an argument about something this trivial.This pretty much sums it up in a nutshell. Except it should rightly be "KD and Sucrose".:smallwink:

Boo
2010-05-20, 02:10 PM
Question: Would not including words such as "adopt" and "brother" make this story passable? If it were just "Himura is taken in by a noblehouse, but never considered a true member of it, and is often unincluded in many lists/events/etc and treated poorly when not in public".

If not, then whatever. I give up. Not because of Sucrose and KD. Frankly, Vael is right.

TGVA: I've just lost all interest in whether or not that's right.

KnightDisciple
2010-05-20, 02:13 PM
Isn't that basically what we've been suggesting, Boo?

Essentially, if you entirely remove the facet where these individuals are considered siblings in any way (socially, legally, emotionally, etc.), then yes, that eliminates the core of my protest.

Boo
2010-05-20, 02:18 PM
Wait, so... wow, this was such a pointless argument between you and I. I don't know about Sucrose's opinion.

Just to be clear, I was always willing to change my wording. The family wasn't intended to treat her well in the revision--abusive even because she wasn't a true member. There's a bit more, but I have to run really fast to class.

KnightDisciple
2010-05-20, 02:23 PM
Wait, so... wow, this was such a pointless argument between you and I. I don't know about Sucrose's opinion....Did you seriously not pick up that it specifically being a sibling incest story was what we objected to? What with all the suggestions where the story stayed almost the same, just with her not being considered related in any way?

tgva8889
2010-05-20, 02:23 PM
Well I'm glad that's over with.

Steilos
2010-05-20, 02:24 PM
Alright, here's a fraccion if you happen to need more.

Sargeant Apolinar Rodriguez, Fraccion

Age: 452 years old, counting mortal life (422 afterwards)
Height: 6'1"
Aspect of Death: Pride/Honour
Weight: 189
Reiatsu: A dark blue, tinged with dark red and smelling faintly of the ocean
Speech colour: Navy
Appearance:
Tall and somewhat imposing, Apolinar is never found without his armour and helmet, or without his 16th century Spanish soldier's uniform. A fairly lean man who looks to be in his thirties, he sports black hair, a beard and moustache of middling length and his Hollow Mask, which is a steel plate adorned with a depiction of crashing waves strapped over his left eye. His 400 years without an eye seem to have given him plenty of time to accomodate for this lack of depth perception, and he shows no signs of being hindered by the missing eye. Incidentally, the Hollow Hole is his left eye, in case anyone was wondering why he has to wear an eyepatch. The main standout feature is most definitely how haggard he looks. His skin is ghostly pale, and there is a definite... dampness about him. He looks slightly pruned, almost as if he had spent some time at the bottom of the sea...

Personality:
The sargeant's temperament has always been reserved, polite and gentlemanly. When riled, however, he becomes a regular old dog of war, abandoning tact, social graces, but never obedience, in favour of uncompromising brutality. He owes everything to Las Noches, as his fealty to them gives him that all important reason to live, and would obey any orders except the ridiculous without question.

History:
Apolinar was born in 1558. His father, Roderigo, was an artist with a great love for Greek mythology. Despite his father's protests, Apolinar joined the Spanish Army, and became renowned for his strict sense of honour and discipline. However, on that fateful day in 1588, when the fire ships burned into the harbour at Gravelines, Apolinar found himself and the ship he was on in the heat of battle as the Armada was pushed into the Channel. There, his ship was shot to pieces and the men dived off like rats. Surrounded and basically alone on a sinking wreck, Apolinar cursed the evacuating sailors, and spat in the face of the captain as he climbed aboard one of the boats. He started to load the cannons himself, but a chain shot hit the mast and it toppled down on top of him. The ship soon folded up and sank to the bottom, and that was the last anyone saw of Sargeant Apolinar Rodriguez.

Unfortunately, no one thought to check that last statement with Rodriguez himself. After several days wandering on the seabed, he came up, expecting to see the glorious Armada back on course. Instead what he saw was devastation. The glorious, invincible Armada... a spot on which Rodriguez had been preparing for his whole life... was in full rout. Helpless, he watched and raged helplessly as the ships dashed against the rocks, and thousands of his comrades died, not fighting gloriously, but begging for mercy. It hit him, starkly, in that moment, the sheer weakness of humanity, how easily it hid itself, no matter the punishment. It did not take long for him to Hollowify after that.

Maybe the Fae were on holiday. Maybe he just didn't do that much. But after slaughtering his parents in a blind rage, Apolinar toured Britain, terrorising children as a malevolent Hollow spirit, even killing some, in a state of total anger. How dare they mock Spain!? How DARE they mock ME!? Eventually this slowly passed, and a new, yet at the same time old, feeling came back to haunt him: Guilt. He was a child murderer. Fratricidal. Matricidal. What had happened to the honour and chivalry that had guided him so far? Being a soldier, and not one to give in at that, Apolinar came to realise just how little these meant on their own. It is about this time that Apolinar became an Arrancar, somewhere around 50 years after his death. The souls he had consumed up to this point made him strong enough to survive, but only just. Making his way to Hueco Mundo, Rodriguez became a Numeros after pledging fealty to the King of Hollows. The next 400 years involved him getting strong enough to work up to fraccion status, which was difficult given he did not take the usual Menos path most took.

Abilities:
Standard Arrancar Powers:

Bala- Apolinar does not really go in for Bala, and when he does, he usually uses it as a decoy before an actual strike. It isn't really that harmful, due to his lack of practice, but it is quite flashy.
Cero- Comes out of his mouth, and is essentially blood-tainted seawater, which may have once been coughed up from his lungs, in an energy form. It's strong and quite quick moving, but he spends a few seconds inhaling beforehand, and he has to drop some hierro away from his facial area while he performs it.
Hierro- Outstanding. Easily one of the best, if not the best, among fraccion. It even sometimes matches an Espada's level. And that is not even counting the armour. He also has exceptional control of this ability.
Garganta- Portal to other dimensions. Nothing more to say really, as Apolinar has an average skill in this.
Sonido- Poor. Although Apolinar can (barely) stand on air, he prefers the ground, and his movement speed is barely-above-mortal slow, although he is fairly quick and skilled with his weapon.
Pesquisa- Fast (about 1 second), and far reaching, but quite indistinct, not giving anything other than direction. It's basically a sonar ping, in that respect. If he wants more detail, Apolinar can focus upon one person above all others, but only within about 50m.

Zanpakutō: Precio del Deber

Appearance: A battle-worn halberd, with an elongated tip which makes the weapon look more like a pike.

Resureccion

"Romper, las olas de vosotros, contra el acero del Honor..."
("Break, ye waves, against Honour's steel...")

A fairly accurate description of what this entails. Scales form over Apolinar's skin, although this is hard to notice against the sudden thickening of his armour: suddenly a full suit of plate, as worn by feudal knights. It's heavy, but it feels significantly lighter to Apolinar; about the weight of his regular uniform in fact. Although this helps somewhat against attacks, the main defense increase comes from the fusing of his hierro with this armour, allowing him to treat it like his own flesh and blood for channeling his hierro, which is now strengthened significantly, making him nigh-invulnerable to anyone below VC level, and reasonably close to that on anyone below Captain. He's still slow as all heck though.
Glorious Fusilade: His strikes, although no faster, can, at the price of some fatigue, gain the force of a ship cannon's broadside. When this happens, the blade of his weapon glows white-hot, and the crashing of waves can be heard. He can alternately, provided he stands stock still and lowers his defenses, channel this energy into a heavy cannon bombardment. Think his cero, on fire, shot 20 times at once, wide to narrowish spread, depending on Apolinar's wish.
Sea Control: Apolinar can do such things as raise up a wave to shield against incoming attacks, and cause eddies and currents to catch those in the water off balance, but really this is not anything more than the occasional fancy trick.

Thoughts?

Oh, and about this little discussion we're having: I'm not really a big fan of it either, and really I'd rather see Boo's story edited, but it's not like it's gonna kill me if it isn't, so lo- oh. Well, I guess that's perfectly acceptable. Kinda wish we could have done without the semi-pointless arguing cloggin' up tha thread.

strawberryman
2010-05-20, 02:27 PM
...Steilos, I would just like to say that your avatar creeps me out, and I am not usually a person who can be swayed in such a manner. Kudos. :smalltongue:

Sucrose
2010-05-20, 02:31 PM
Boo, KD and I are of the same mind on this matter. Since you removed the 'if I were a worse man' line, the extent of my complaint has always been the incest. If they were never considered relatives in any sense, then that removes the incest, and makes them essentially just childhood friends. I can tolerate that.

KnightDisciple
2010-05-20, 02:32 PM
Boo, KD and I are of the same mind on this matter. Since you removed the 'if I were a worse man' line, the extent of my complaint has always been the incest. If they were never considered relatives in any sense, then that removes the incest, and makes them essentially just childhood friends. I can tolerate that.Exactly this.

tgva8889
2010-05-20, 02:35 PM
And this is why we should always ask questions and attempt to better understand the other side.

I'm going to go back to sitting in my corner now.

Steilos
2010-05-20, 02:36 PM
Sooo we're agreed? Remove the incestous parts, and it's all good? Ok. Glad to see its over. What now? Apologies if this seems abrupt, but all of this posting has slowed down actual planning and discussion somewhat. It's taken nearly the entirety of this thread so far.

@strawberryman: Thanks, I try my best.

Moon Wolf
2010-05-20, 02:36 PM
Just a question: if we were going to do a 'Turn Back The Pendulum' episode, could we perhaps make it 100 years ago instead of 200? That's what they did in the canon...plus we could fit in more characters that way. :smallsmile:

(I'm a little late because I had 8 pages to catch up on)

tgva8889
2010-05-20, 02:38 PM
Sooo we're agreed? Remove the incestous parts, and it's all good? Ok. Glad to see its over. What now? Apologies if this seems abrupt, but all of this posting has slowed down actual planning and discussion somewhat. It's taken nearly the entirety of this thread so far.

I didn't honestly know we were doing actual planning and discussion while that argument was going on. The only thing that I noticed was discussion of a Turn Back the Pendulum-type series, which I thought was sort of discussed and handled already.

riccaru
2010-05-20, 02:51 PM
Is there only one bount or am I missing something?

Frozen_Feet
2010-05-20, 02:55 PM
Is there only one bount or am I missing something?

Yes. The four other bounts. (Let's see... Sören, Donovan, Ava, Viatrix, Eirine; am I missing someone?)

I didn't honestly know we were doing actual planning and discussion while that argument was going on. The only thing that I noticed was discussion of a Turn Back the Pendulum-type series, which I thought was sort of discussed and handled already.
The biggest question is when will we kick them up.

riccaru
2010-05-20, 02:58 PM
Are the others members of sword?

Frozen_Feet
2010-05-20, 02:59 PM
No. I've listed all bount character under 'Loose Cannons' in the registry.

riccaru
2010-05-20, 03:05 PM
Oh, only one of them are labeled as bounts... Sorry

Frozen_Feet
2010-05-20, 03:12 PM
Oh, only one of them are labeled as bounts... Sorry

False! Eirine was labeled as Bount too!

Honestly, if I could think of good enough descriptors, species of each and every loose cannon would fade behind an obscure designation, just to confuse people.

The Librarian
2010-05-20, 03:13 PM
Bonjourno I'm a newbie and I've made my first character and I would like comments and what not. Please and thanks. :smallbiggrin:
CMOTDibbler and you know that guy...>.> oh yeah Righty convinced me to join and so i did :D!

Appearance: Rya is a humanoid (dragon/human). Rya has silver hair and onyx black eyes. He has wings that spread three feet. Rya looks like a seven year old little child, but he is actually around four hundred years old. His body is covered with white (greenish tented) scales. He wears a standard black hakama and black haori with the white sash, but he doesn't wear any shoes and prefers to run around bare footed.

Personality: Rya is actually has a twin brother named Ryu whose soul was trapped inside of his body. There is no given time in which one is in control they're always acting as one. Rya and Ryu are very playful and they like to play pranks on the other shinigami on a regular basis. However when in battle or an important issue arises they become very serious.

Ryū-ryoku is a duel Kodachi (http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx2/CheapAfterTaste/kodachi2tou103.jpg)

Shikai: Kasai burēdo (Fire Blades) while in shikai form the blades of Ryū-ryoku turn dark red and engulf in flames. Ryū-ryoku is enchanted in with fire and enchances the damage of its attacks.

Bankai: Tamashī o sakujo suru (Remove Soul) while in bankai form Ryu's soul is stripped from Rya's body and it takes the form of a body identical to Rya's. Ryu is then enabled to fight outside of Rya's body and he uses one of the blades of Ryū-ryoku.

Abilities: All of Rya's senses are enhanced. He has exceptional vision, hearing, and sense of smell.

Other: While Ryu's and Rya's mother was giving birth she devoured Ryu's body and his soul sort of wandered into Rya's body some how o_O.

Reposting my friends character submission because arguing and other stuff kind of overpowered it.

CheapAT, I like your character. I'm not sure about the half-dragon thing, but the rest sounds pretty solid.:smallsmile:

strawberryman
2010-05-20, 03:27 PM
@CheapAfterTaste: Uhhh... *cough*

Talon Gunvhald. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8158318&postcount=6)

That said. He seems more like an Arrancar. And as a 3rd seat, should really not have Bankai, unless you're just noting it for future use. Which is fine. But you should make a note of that, if you do.

...Also, 7 years old? He'd be a toddler. :smallconfused:

57 is a more appropriate age, and even then, he'd have to be some kind of genius to be a 3rd seat already.

@Bounts: KD recently suggested an idea for a product in Vi's shop, to help out the Bount customers. That being, she'd bottle reishi from the garganta world (seeing as no one has had issue with her possessing an artificial garganta yet :smalltongue:) and sell them to Bount so they didn't need to subside on eating the occasional soul, and thus get in hot water with the Shinigami. It would, naturally, take the innocuous shape of:

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Business/images-2/glass-coke-bottle.jpg

Frozen_Feet
2010-05-20, 03:31 PM
@CheapAfterTaste:

I though about saying something about Bankais and power level, but if manifesting Ryu is all it does, I'm willing to let it slide. If neither Ryu or Rya are overwhermingly powerful initially, it can be worked with. However, expect to be demanded to give a good explanation why he has it.

Also, Ryu's and Rya's connection could do with some expanding and explaining. The vibe I'm getting is Ryu was a twin whose soul somehow became a zanpakuto spirit. Also, why is he a dragon? Was he perhaps a newt or a real dragon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Komodo_dragon)in life?

You could also detail Rya's expertise in four Shinigami arts: Kido (Magic), Hoho (Agility), Zanjutsu (Swordmanship) and Hakuda (Unarmed combat).

Innis Cabal
2010-05-20, 03:45 PM
@CheapAfterTaste: Uhhh... *cough*

Talon Gunvhald. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8158318&postcount=6)

That said. He seems more like an Arrancar. And as a 3rd seat, should really not have Bankai, unless you're just noting it for future use. Which is fine. But you should make a note of that, if you do.

...Also, 7 years old? He'd be a toddler. :smallconfused:

57 is a more appropriate age, and even then, he'd have to be some kind of genius to be a 3rd seat already.

Pretty much this.

As to the bolded, in the same vein as Callos would like to keep the oldest Shinigami, I'd geatly like to keep the youngest Shinigami title. It may be a little selfish, but there it is.

Frozen_Feet
2010-05-20, 03:53 PM
Eh, I'm pretty sure there are Shinigami younger than Takeshi - fresh academy recruits and unseated. However, he is likely the youngest officer, and maybe the youngest person to achieve Bankai.

Innis Cabal
2010-05-20, 03:58 PM
Eh, I'm pretty sure there are Shinigami younger than Takeshi - fresh academy recruits and unseated. However, he is likely the youngest officer, and maybe the youngest person to achieve Bankai.

Well, thats what I meant. :smallredface: Sorry for the confusion.

Steilos
2010-05-20, 04:10 PM
If I read correctly, the character only LOOKS 7, and is in fact about 400 years old. Don't ask me how that works, but maybe CheapAT could look into putting real age in the Age section, might help avoid confusion.

Anyway, reposting this from last page. I'd wait till 5th page, but I have to log off soon, and you guys will have probably steamrollered to Page 10, if the number of threads is any indication.

Alright, here's a fraccion if you happen to need more.

Sargeant Apolinar Rodriguez, Fraccion

Age: 452 years old, counting mortal life (422 afterwards)
Height: 6'1"
Aspect of Death: Pride/Honour
Weight: 189
Reiatsu: A dark blue, tinged with dark red and smelling faintly of the ocean
Speech colour: Navy
Appearance:
Tall and somewhat imposing, Apolinar is never found without his armour and helmet, or without his 16th century Spanish soldier's uniform. A fairly lean man who looks to be in his thirties, he sports black hair, a beard and moustache of middling length and his Hollow Mask, which is a steel plate adorned with a depiction of crashing waves strapped over his left eye. His 400 years without an eye seem to have given him plenty of time to accomodate for this lack of depth perception, and he shows no signs of being hindered by the missing eye. Incidentally, the Hollow Hole is his left eye, in case anyone was wondering why he has to wear an eyepatch. The main standout feature is most definitely how haggard he looks. His skin is ghostly pale, and there is a definite... dampness about him. He looks slightly pruned, almost as if he had spent some time at the bottom of the sea...

Personality:
The sargeant's temperament has always been reserved, polite and gentlemanly. When riled, however, he becomes a regular old dog of war, abandoning tact, social graces, but never obedience, in favour of uncompromising brutality. He owes everything to Las Noches, as his fealty to them gives him that all important reason to live, and would obey any orders except the ridiculous without question.

History:
Apolinar was born in 1558. His father, Roderigo, was an artist with a great love for Greek mythology. Despite his father's protests, Apolinar joined the Spanish Army, and became renowned for his strict sense of honour and discipline. However, on that fateful day in 1588, when the fire ships burned into the harbour at Gravelines, Apolinar found himself and the ship he was on in the heat of battle as the Armada was pushed into the Channel. There, his ship was shot to pieces and the men dived off like rats. Surrounded and basically alone on a sinking wreck, Apolinar cursed the evacuating sailors, and spat in the face of the captain as he climbed aboard one of the boats. He started to load the cannons himself, but a chain shot hit the mast and it toppled down on top of him. The ship soon folded up and sank to the bottom, and that was the last anyone saw of Sargeant Apolinar Rodriguez.

Unfortunately, no one thought to check that last statement with Rodriguez himself. After several days wandering on the seabed, he came up, expecting to see the glorious Armada back on course. Instead what he saw was devastation. The glorious, invincible Armada... a spot on which Rodriguez had been preparing for his whole life... was in full rout. Helpless, he watched and raged helplessly as the ships dashed against the rocks, and thousands of his comrades died, not fighting gloriously, but begging for mercy. It hit him, starkly, in that moment, the sheer weakness of humanity, how easily it hid itself, no matter the punishment. It did not take long for him to Hollowify after that.

Maybe the Fae were on holiday. Maybe he just didn't do that much. But after slaughtering his parents in a blind rage, Apolinar toured Britain, terrorising children as a malevolent Hollow spirit, even killing some, in a state of total anger. How dare they mock Spain!? How DARE they mock ME!? Eventually this slowly passed, and a new, yet at the same time old, feeling came back to haunt him: Guilt. He was a child murderer. Fratricidal. Matricidal. What had happened to the honour and chivalry that had guided him so far? Being a soldier, and not one to give in at that, Apolinar came to realise just how little these meant on their own. It is about this time that Apolinar became an Arrancar, somewhere around 50 years after his death. The souls he had consumed up to this point made him strong enough to survive, but only just. Making his way to Hueco Mundo, Rodriguez became a Numeros after pledging fealty to the King of Hollows. The next 400 years involved him getting strong enough to work up to fraccion status, which was difficult given he did not take the usual Menos path most took.

Abilities:
Standard Arrancar Powers:

Bala- Apolinar does not really go in for Bala, and when he does, he usually uses it as a decoy before an actual strike. It isn't really that harmful, due to his lack of practice, but it is quite flashy.
Cero- Comes out of his mouth, and is essentially blood-tainted seawater, which may have once been coughed up from his lungs, in an energy form. It's strong and quite quick moving, but he spends a few seconds inhaling beforehand, and he has to drop some hierro away from his facial area while he performs it.
Hierro- Outstanding. Easily one of the best, if not the best, among fraccion. It even sometimes matches an Espada's level. And that is not even counting the armour. He also has exceptional control of this ability.
Garganta- Portal to other dimensions. Nothing more to say really, as Apolinar has an average skill in this.
Sonido- Poor. Although Apolinar can (barely) stand on air, he prefers the ground, and his movement speed is barely-above-mortal slow, although he is fairly quick and skilled with his weapon.
Pesquisa- Fast (about 1 second), and far reaching, but quite indistinct, not giving anything other than direction. It's basically a sonar ping, in that respect. If he wants more detail, Apolinar can focus upon one person above all others, but only within about 50m.

Zanpakutō: Precio del Deber

Appearance: A battle-worn halberd, with an elongated tip which makes the weapon look more like a pike.

Resureccion

"Romper, las olas de vosotros, contra el acero del Honor..."
("Break, ye waves, against Honour's steel...")

A fairly accurate description of what this entails. Scales form over Apolinar's skin, although this is hard to notice against the sudden thickening of his armour: suddenly a full suit of plate, as worn by feudal knights. It's heavy, but it feels significantly lighter to Apolinar; about the weight of his regular uniform in fact. Although this helps somewhat against attacks, the main defense increase comes from the fusing of his hierro with this armour, allowing him to treat it like his own flesh and blood for channeling his hierro, which is now strengthened significantly, making him nigh-invulnerable to anyone below VC level, and reasonably close to that on anyone below Captain. He's still slow as all heck though.
Glorious Fusilade: His strikes, although no faster, can, at the price of some fatigue, gain the force of a ship cannon's broadside. When this happens, the blade of his weapon glows white-hot, and the crashing of waves can be heard. He can alternately, provided he stands stock still and lowers his defenses, channel this energy into a heavy cannon bombardment. Think his cero, on fire, shot 20 times at once, wide to narrowish spread, depending on Apolinar's wish.
Sea Control: Apolinar can do such things as raise up a wave to shield against incoming attacks, and cause eddies and currents to catch those in the water off balance, but really this is not anything more than the occasional fancy trick.

Frozen_Feet
2010-05-20, 04:23 PM
Very nice character, Steilos. I think he's a good bench-mark for high-end fraccion - very strong in few areas, but has clear weaknesses that could be exploited by the less powerful cast. And his backstory is nice too.

horngeek
2010-05-20, 04:55 PM
Just a question: if we were going to do a 'Turn Back The Pendulum' episode, could we perhaps make it 100 years ago instead of 200? That's what they did in the canon...plus we could fit in more characters that way. :smallsmile:

(I'm a little late because I had 8 pages to catch up on)

I think it's been agreed we're not going to do a single thread, and instead a collection of 'TBTP episodes'.

Really, these serve the purpose of keeping interest up, while not starting the main story before the first BleachitP is done with. :smalltongue:

Frozen_Feet
2010-05-20, 05:07 PM
Maybe you could start the trend with that NatsuTai romance plot? I was going to suggest a cheesy tittle for that one, but couldn't come up with anything appropriately sacharine. :smalltongue:

EDIT: Oh, and lets keep the "canon" style of labeling TBTP epsiodes with negative numbers. So yours would be, what, TBTP -10?

Edge
2010-05-20, 05:47 PM
@Steilos: I think I've found the one character who Caerwyn might actually fight. If he found out he'd been loose in Britain, I mean. It's a matter of honour and responsibility. :smalltongue:

Also, it seems Aléjandro could work with him. Someone to discuss tactics with, at the very least.

horngeek
2010-05-20, 05:50 PM
Maybe you could start the trend with that NatsuTai romance plot? I was going to suggest a cheesy tittle for that one, but couldn't come up with anything appropriately sacharine. :smalltongue:

EDIT: Oh, and lets keep the "canon" style of labeling TBTP epsiodes with negative numbers. So yours would be, what, TBTP -10?

Well, the wedding would be -10, yes.

But we do need Captaincy decisions made first. :smalltongue:

Moon Wolf
2010-05-20, 05:52 PM
I think it's been agreed we're not going to do a single thread, and instead a collection of 'TBTP episodes'.

Really, these serve the purpose of keeping interest up, while not starting the main story before the first BleachitP is done with. :smalltongue:

Yeah, that does make a lot more sense. Yuuki's 190-ish, so I can probably work with that. He'd be about the age that Hitsugaya was in the canon TBTP series....I think...age is the Seireitei is really screwed up. :smalltongue:

horngeek
2010-05-20, 05:56 PM
Yes, it is.

On the wedding thread: All Captains/Vice-Captains at the time would have been invited. Probably anyone else who knew Natsuko or Taiki well, as well.

nothingclever
2010-05-20, 05:57 PM
The thought of Edward as Segunda is both hilarious and oddly fitting. :smallwink: I endorse that idea.
I think so too but the number doesn't really matter to me ultimately.

o_O

horngeek
2010-05-20, 06:00 PM
<.<
>.>

If we're going to have prologue episodes, someone should add a section for them to the wiki. :smalltongue:

Also, making a point: the way adding episodes to the wiki works, it is vitally important that they be added in the order they are made. Just to let you guys know.

riccaru
2010-05-20, 06:02 PM
<.<
>.>

If we're going to have prologue episodes, someone should add a section for them to the wiki. :smalltongue:

Also, making a point: the way adding episodes to the wiki works, it is vitally important that they be added in the order they are made. Just to let you guys know.

So add to the Wiki before you actually start? Anyway, anyone think I should make a bount?

horngeek
2010-05-20, 06:03 PM
So add to the Wiki before you actually start? Anyway, anyone think I should make a bount?

No, just make sure they go in in the order they went up on GitP. So, if we make Episodes 5 and 6, they should be entered onto the wiki 5th and 6th, respectively.

Otherwise, the numbers on the wiki are stuffed up.

riccaru
2010-05-20, 06:06 PM
Err, what's the ruling on mortal weapons against spirit characters, such as a crowbar? (or plastique >_>)

Innis Cabal
2010-05-20, 06:06 PM
I think so too but the number doesn't really matter to me ultimately.

o_O

Another minor point. He wouldn't have a haori. He's not a Captain or Vice Captain.

KnightDisciple
2010-05-20, 06:08 PM
Err, what's the ruling on mortal weapons against spirit characters, such as a crowbar? (or plastique >_>)By a plain mortal, or a mortal whose only power is to see spirits? I'd say that, at best, it might stun a weak hollow.

horngeek
2010-05-20, 06:08 PM
He's not a Captain. VCs don't have haoris either.

Also, apart from that bolded bit being squicky, how did it work anyway?

For that matter, how is he a half-dragon?

riccaru
2010-05-20, 06:11 PM
By a plain mortal, or a mortal whose only power is to see spirits? I'd say that, at best, it might stun a weak hollow.

Specifically by a bount or other spiritually inclined character, like if an arrancar were to swing a light post at a shinigami. Would it go through, or would it connect? (And plastique would do a bit more than stun it, I would hope... C4 FTW!!!)

@ HG: Well, when a mommy dragon loves a daddy human very much...:smalleek:

horngeek
2010-05-20, 06:12 PM
Well, Chad landed a couple of pretty good hits against Shrieker.

...that was an awesome fight.

@^: So, we have dragons as a species now? :smallconfused:

Innis Cabal
2010-05-20, 06:13 PM
He's not a Captain. VCs don't have haoris either.

Also, apart from that bolded bit being squicky, how did it work anyway?

For that matter, how is he a half-dragon?

I'd point to my Avatar and remind you Yen was a Vice Captain. I only included the VC's because there is a precedent for them to be able to wear it with Captain permission.

riccaru
2010-05-20, 06:13 PM

@^: So, we have dragons as a species now?

We have a suit of armor that walks around, so why the heck not? He could be a one time character too.

edit: I'd love to see a rogue shinigami wear a haori, just to spite the seretei. Maybe have the symbol for '0' on the back. I just think hilarity would follow.:smallwink:

horngeek
2010-05-20, 06:14 PM
I'd point to my Avatar and remind you Yen was a Vice Captain. I only included the VC's because there is a precedent for them to be able to wear it with Captain permission.

He's an exception to the rule, and the general rule is that VC's don't wear haoris.

But that's... not my primary problem here.

Draken
2010-05-20, 06:15 PM

@^: So, we have dragons as a species now? :smallconfused:

Maybe a komodo dragon.

Or maybe Alejandro has been doing naughty things.

horngeek
2010-05-20, 06:16 PM
Seriously, if he means a D&D style dragon, I'm very against it. Komodo... that's just squicky. :smallyuk:

So, what type of dragon do you mean? And how is he a 'half-dragon'?

Edge
2010-05-20, 06:16 PM
Aléjandro isn't really one for 'naughty things'. Due to the emotionless, logical approach to everything.

Innis Cabal
2010-05-20, 06:17 PM
We have a suit of armor that walks around, so why the heck not? He could be a one time character too.

edit: I'd love to see a rogue shinigami wear a haori, just to spite the seretei. Maybe have the symbol for '0' on the back. I just think hilarity would follow.:smallwink:

Because he's more like a Arrancar, and it makes no sense he's a half dragon because his mother ate her son and the soul merged with her other son.

Frozen_Feet
2010-05-20, 06:17 PM
By a plain mortal, or a mortal whose only power is to see spirits? I'd say that, at best, it might stun a weak hollow.

It was established early that mortals, even those can't see spirits, can touch or be touched by spiritual creatures. Judging from the fact that Sado could smack Shrieker with a lamp post, that attribute extends to held objects as well. I'd be more interested on whether it would extend to things like bullets shot from a gun.

riccaru
2010-05-20, 06:18 PM
Seriously, if he means a D&D style dragon, I'm very against it. Komodo... that's just squicky. :smallyuk:

So, what type of dragon do you mean? And how is he a 'half-dragon'?

Well, a D&D dragon can shapechange, so it's not that bad. Honestly I say just forget it, at least it's not going to lead to another 10 page fight over it. Who cares how/why he's a half dragon, It shouldn't make too much of a difference one way or another. Only difference is he might be able to fly in the seretei.

@ Innis: I don't think that's what made him a half dragon, I think it was supposed to be like parasitic twins, and the late brother is now his zanpakutou spirit.

@Frozen: That was what I was ultimately getting at, actually.

horngeek
2010-05-20, 06:19 PM
Well, a D&D dragon can shapechange, so it's not that bad. Honestly I say just forget it, at least it's not going to lead to another 10 page fight over it. Who cares how/why he's a half dragon, It shouldn't make too much of a difference one way or another. Only difference is he might be able to fly in the seretei.

Except D&D style dragons do not exist in Bleach.

Unless I am very, very wrong, and missed where either they popped up in the manga, or we agreed they exist in this RP.

nothingclever
2010-05-20, 06:22 PM
I dunno bra, I think dragon on shinigami action might offend my delicate sensibilities. It sounds kinda racy to me.

riccaru
Well, there was only one canine head captain too, so like I said, it could be a one-time deal.

KnightDisciple

edit: I'd love to see a rogue shinigami wear a haori, just to spite the seretei. Maybe have the symbol for '0' on the back. I just think hilarity would follow.:smallwink:Emet isn't a "suit of armor". He's a full being; he has organic inner components, just has metal armor/skin.
Behold:
http://www.rumblepurrlion.com/starwars/warforged.jpg

See? Not an empty suit of armor. Also, Emet is how he is because he represents the idea of the "ghost in the machine". There's a deeper theme there than "metal man".

horngeek
2010-05-20, 06:23 PM
Emet isn't a "suit of armor". He's a full being; he has organic inner components, just has metal armor/skin.

I think he was referring to my idea.

Which probably will happen later in the game, if it happens at all.

Frozen_Feet
2010-05-20, 06:26 PM
http://andersson.elfwood.com/art/a/n/andersson/dear_daughter.jpghttp://
"http://andersson.elfwood.com/art/a/n/andersson/dragonlayer.jpg"

Possible explanations for the half-dragon.

He was a Komodo dragon in life. His spirit just happened to be so stong he turned into a humanoid when crossing to soul society.

He was cursed by a spiteful Kido Corps member. Magic, people, magic.

A biological major of 12th did it. Don't ask how.

Talon and Aléjandro... have some explaining to do. Arch-nemesises, eh? Riiiight.

Purple Rose
2010-05-20, 06:26 PM
Ugh... Back... Long week. So, anything important happen while I was away?

KnightDisciple
2010-05-20, 06:28 PM
Well, there was only one canine head captain too, so like I said, it could be a one-time deal.Well, there doesn't seem to be a reason he's dragon-y (and his size makes me think of a kobold, which doesn't really help this be viewed as a serious character). Just..."he's a dragon".

Also, the whole "one soul stored in one person" thing is...again, I think we need more reason than "because.

I dunno bra, I think dragon on shinigami action might offend my delicate sensibilities. It sounds kinda racy to me.Are you being serious, or sarcastic here? I can never tell with you.

strawberryman
2010-05-20, 06:29 PM
Talon and Aléjandro... have some explaining to do. Arch-nemesises, eh? Riiiight.

No. :smalltongue:

@nc: ...Excuse me if I'm misunderstanding here, but even I found that to be in bad taste. And I love a good joke out of a tense situation. Ignore me if I'm mistaken, but that comment of yours seems rather pointed. >_>

horngeek
Well, there was fighting over Boo's backstory for his character, which has now been resolved.

Natsuko is now going to be pregnant at the start of the game.

And we've decided that some of us are going to run 'prologue' episodes, doing significant events from the lives of our characters before the main game starts, while we're waiting for the current BleachitP to end so we can start this one.

Have I missed anything important?

Innis Cabal

Welcome back :smallsmile:

Nothing of much importance no. Captains are almost done being voted on

riccaru
2010-05-20, 06:30 PM

Yes, we discovered time travel... No biggie though.

Oh, and I feel that unique characters like the half dragon should be in abundance... MAkes it more interesting.

Innis Cabal
2010-05-20, 06:31 PM
Yes, we discovered time travel... No biggie though.

Oh, and I feel that unique characters like the half dragon should be in abundance... Makes it more interesting.

When every character is trying to be "Super unique" it makes everyone less so. Unique is only unique when there arn't a dozen or so similar walking the streets.

horngeek
2010-05-20, 06:32 PM
When every character is trying to be "Super unique" it makes everyone less so. Unique is only unique when there arn't a dozen or so similar walking the streets.

A) This.

B) Unique needs an explanation for why they are unique.

riccaru
2010-05-20, 06:33 PM
We have enough average shinigami to allow 2-3 unique people, surely? My vote is that he should be able to use it. And if we're going by "This isn't D&D" then why was a Warforged C&P'd to show a character? :smallredface:

Frozen_Feet
2010-05-20, 06:34 PM

We argued over Boo's character; hopefully, the situation is now defused and will end once Boo gets Michiko's past done.

Taiki and Natsuko are married. Natsuko will be pregnant at the start of the game. We will be doing flashback episodes of their first date and wedding.

We might also be doing an episode of Hannibal's imprisonment.

Karite's past saw some revision. His close future willbe filled with misery and pain. >:D

We will be doing few general flashback threads for Hueco Muendo, Soul Society and Mortal World, where people can post short scenes as slices of life of their characters, before the actual game starts.

@KD: I don't see a trouble of two spirits fusing, if the other one has taken the place of the sword spirit. Parasitic twins etc. might be the reason, but considering how many personalities a Shinigami can have in his head while being completely normal, I'd say it's not a big thing.

nothingclever
2010-05-20, 06:34 PM
@nc: ...Excuse me if I'm misunderstanding here, but even I found that to be in bad taste. And I love a good joke out of a tense situation. Ignore me if I'm mistaken, but that comment of yours seems rather pointed. >_>
I meant nothing by it. I just decided to mention what I thought was a somewhat humorous/icky possible reason for why the character is a half-dragon since a specific reason wasn't given. I don't really care how things are resolved.

Did it sound like I was trying to be mean?

KnightDisciple
2010-05-20, 06:35 PM
I meant nothing by it. I just decided to mention what I thought was a somewhat humorous/icky possible reason for why the character is a half-dragon since a specific reason wasn't given. I don't really care how things are resolved.

Did it sound like I was trying to be mean?Yes. Considering the timing, and your typically sarcastic nature, yes, it did.

nothingclever
2010-05-20, 06:37 PM
Sarcasm doesn't have to be derogatory the same way your criticisms don't have to be either y'know.

strawberryman
2010-05-20, 06:37 PM
Talon's a half-force dragon. Granted, she's an arrancar, which are animalistic (usually) anyway. I would like to agree that a dragon-man (er, maybe he was just a dragon) needs a good explanation.

horngeek
2010-05-20, 06:38 PM
Talon's a half-force dragon. Granted, she's an arrancar, which are animalistic (usually) anyway. I would like to agree that a dragon-man (er, maybe he was just a dragon) needs a good explanation.

Exactly. As an Arrancar, I can except it a lot more easily.

But as a shinigami? I just go :smallconfused:

Draken
2010-05-20, 06:39 PM
We have enough average shinigami to allow 2-3 unique people, surely? My vote is that he should be able to use it. And if we're going by "This isn't D&D" then why was a Warforged C&P'd to show a character? :smallredface:

Because he is not a warforged. He just used a picture of one for ease of art depiction.

kasanip gave us a good word to call what he is. He is a tsukumogami, the spirit of an object. His background complies to this fact.

Frozen_Feet
2010-05-20, 06:40 PM
No. :smalltongue:

"Why deny it, darling? You have a nice basis for a steamy hate-love relation ship. Add Mr. Baddington to the mix, and the complications of your love life will keep Las Noches lively for a century."

"I'll fetch popcorn."

horngeek
2010-05-20, 06:41 PM
*Mei holds out her hand*

"Popcorn, please."

Boo
2010-05-20, 06:46 PM
And this is why we should always ask questions and attempt to better understand the other side.

I'm going to go back to sitting in my corner now.

This is also why no one should jump to conclusions. Neither party is in the right.

@Sucrose&KD: Consider how much less you respect me now from when I first joined. That's a short time span, and from a single topic. I am not saying it's your fault. What I'm saying is that I did not fully understand your concerns, and because of how you worded your arguments, I took them as "change it from what you want it to be because it has 'incest' in it" instead of "change the wording, and you can keep the story", which I would have instantly agreed to. The original revision was not going to include family related words (brother, sister, father, etc), but I was going to use "adopt" because I didn't think of a better word at the time (not using it anymore). I just said "brother 1/2" since there were two siblings, and I hadn't thought of a name (Bokuden is awful). That probably sparked further rage, which is completely my fault. This is why I hate outlining things.

Ultimately, we're all (us three) at fault here. Blame me if you want. I don't care. Our argument has been settled, and the future revision is known to be of acceptable material. Don't wait for it before starting the game, please. It won't be finished for some time due to immense workload.

KnightDisciple
2010-05-20, 06:46 PM
Sarcasm doesn't have to be derogatory the same way your criticisms don't have to be either y'know.Your sarcasm often does seem to be derogatory.

And are you accusing me of being derogatory in criticism, or saying I don't have to be in the future? I have a bear of a time deciphering your tone.

riccaru
2010-05-20, 06:47 PM
*Sereg stands behind Mei, drinking a Mountain Dew and eating a Twix bar*

"That stuff will kill you..."

EDIT: I'm going to be using bold for his speaking, if that's alright.

Off topic: What Mountain Dew did you all vote for? I went for Typhoon, but white out was good too. Also, I wish they would just bring back Pitch Black II. Greatest Dew ever...

KnightDisciple
2010-05-20, 06:51 PM
This is also why no one should jump to conclusions. Neither party is in the right.

@Sucrose&KD: Consider how much less you respect me now from when I first joined. That's a short time span, and from a single topic. I am not saying it's your fault. What I'm saying is that I did not fully understand your concerns, and because of how you worded your arguments, I took them as "change it from what you want it to be because it has 'incest' in it" instead of "change the wording, and you can keep the story", which I would have instantly agreed to. The original revision was not going to include family related words (brother, sister, father, etc), but I was going to use "adopt" because I didn't think of a better word at the time (not using it anymore). I just said "brother 1/2" since there were two siblings, and I hadn't thought of a name (Bokuden is awful). That probably sparked further rage, which is completely my fault. This is why I hate outlining things.

Ultimately, we're all (us three) at fault here. Blame me if you want. I don't care. Our argument has been settled, and the future revision is known to be of acceptable material. Don't wait for it before starting the game, please. It won't be finished for some time due to immense workload.....You know, I think what frustrates me the most about this whole thing is how, somehow, sucrose and I have all but been named villains for daring to object to something in as precise and neutral a way as possible.

Whatever.

nothingclever
2010-05-20, 06:54 PM
Your sarcasm often does seem to be derogatory.

And are you accusing me of being derogatory in criticism, or saying I don't have to be in the future? I have a bear of a time deciphering your tone.
I'm saying if you expect others not to take your criticisms as insults you should be able to give other people the same benefit of the doubt you want for yourself whether you know them intimately or not. Do I really need to use smilies and improvised sarcasm tags all the time for you? I like how you do more protesting about things than anyone else whether it is derogatory or not but then you easily assume people are being negative when given the opportunity to do so.

Since when is sarcasm inherently derogatory? I'm not saying you said it was but it sounds to me like you think it is. Plus I like when you have to tell people they aren't funny. They don't go telling you when you're not funny to them so why do you feel the need to voice your take on their actual or perceived attempts at humor?

strawberryman
2010-05-20, 06:54 PM
"...You are all going to suffer horrible deaths for even suggesting I would sleep with my most hated nemesis."

Frozen_Feet
2010-05-20, 06:57 PM
*Sereg stands behind Mei, drinking a Mountain Dew and eating a Twix bar*

"That stuff will kill you..."

"Ah, you don't need to worry about that. I'll kill you first anyway."

"Huh? Isn't that supposed to be our job?"
"Huh? Isn't that supposed to be our job?"

"Shut up and give me popcorn."

KD: eh, I know I won't hold this debacle against you and Sucrose, and probably only thing I'll bother to remember from it is a few things that disgust you so I don't accidentally use them myself. Despite spwaning a multi-page debate, it was not that big of a deal. :smallsmile:

Purple Rose
Captain voting? Any set results yet?

riccaru
"I said nothing... please don't kill me... *slowly shuffles away and tries to look inconspicuous.*

Edge
2010-05-20, 06:58 PM
"...You are all going to suffer horrible deaths for even suggesting I would sleep with my most hated nemesis."

Oh my. Aléjandro and Talon have the same speech colour. xD

Also, Aléjandro's opinion of Talon is one of utter ambivalence.

Draken
2010-05-20, 07:00 PM

Von Geister wraps his arms over the shoulders of Talon and Alejandro and pulls the two closer.

"Oh, relax. Why so nervous, you are both even the same species. Both scalykind."

Innis Cabal
2010-05-20, 07:01 PM

Yes but their not sharing until Boo is done with his full write up.

Frozen_Feet
2010-05-20, 07:02 PM

Technically, yes.

We just aren't telling. :smalltongue:

Oh my. Aléjandro and Talon have the same speech colour. xD

Also, Aléjandro's opinion of Talon is one of utter ambivalence.
"Ah, so the real reason why the dragon girl hates him is because his blindly rational mind makes him ignore her. Even after she went through the trouble of wearing those... well, I guess you could call those clothes. Youth, these days...."

riccaru
2010-05-20, 07:02 PM

The wait is killing us all! So I guess no one likes Mountain Dew huh?and you call yourselves D&D fans

horngeek
2010-05-20, 07:04 PM

He's said it's going to take a while.

I'd advise to actually put them up now.

Boo
2010-05-20, 07:05 PM
I've been terribly stressed all day, so if I have caused such, then I am sorry. I have said things, and have been obstinate in ways that should put me in the same pit (if any) as you, or perhaps much lower. I just don't want ill feelings to continue.

EDIT:

Like HG said, I won't be even starting it until much later. I'm uninspired, and unmotivated at the moment because of the whole fight. As well, I have more important things I have to do than write the backstory. It will not have what some consider incest. No "brother", nor "adopt". For now, just assume it's the second half of my outline.

EDIT2: changed the edit so I don't sound as stupid.

Edge
2010-05-20, 07:07 PM
"Ah, so the real reason why the dragon girl hates him is because his blindly rational mind makes him ignore her. Even after she went through the trouble of wearing those... well, I guess you could call those clothes. Youth, these days...."

"That would be a logical conclusion. However, quite why she tries in the first place is something that still eludes me. Past experience has informed me that my stone scales cause terrible chafing."

strawberryman
2010-05-20, 07:12 PM
*Talon growls incoherently, staring away from Aléjandro*

"Like I would even want to have an intimate relationship with you lesser beings... These clothes are tailored so they won't need to be repaired when I use my resurreccion. It's not my fault that you idiots want what you can't have."

Innis Cabal
2010-05-20, 07:14 PM
Technically, yes.

We just aren't telling. :smalltongue:

Ok, well there you have it. We're ready to hear the vote. Its been forever now :smalltongue:

Edge
2010-05-20, 07:16 PM
"Wants are for creatures that do not understand their needs, Talon. Like your need to let go of the past. I won. You lost. You remain an asset, and so you keep your life."

"Tea?"

nothingclever
2010-05-20, 07:16 PM
*Talon growls incoherently, staring away from Aléjandro*

"Like I would even want to have an intimate relationship with you lesser beings... These clothes are tailored so they won't need to be repaired when I use my resurreccion. It's not my fault that you idiots want what you can't have."
Edward leans on something and stares longingly at Talon. *sigh*...

riccaru
2010-05-20, 07:17 PM
I believe the general consensus is to tell now, even Boo requests it. (not a jab at boo, just saying that the person we are waiting on is all for it.)

Boo
2010-05-20, 07:23 PM
Someone made a jab at me once. ONCE. *shoots riccaru with an .88 magnum*

Also: new Bleach up on Mangastream.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-05-20, 07:30 PM
Edward leans on something and stares longingly at Talon. *sigh*...

"Aww, don't worry Edward-kun..what if I told you I knew how to win her heart? What's that worth to ya?"

riccaru
2010-05-20, 07:32 PM
"Don't bother, he's just a pretty-boy. He'll cry for a while then dive in a bucket of ice cream, then maybe paint his nails too. *snickers*

Callos_DeTerran
2010-05-20, 07:32 PM
"Don't bother, he's just a pretty-boy. He'll cry for a while then dive in a bucket of ice cream, then maybe paint his nails too. *snickers*

*grins maliciously* Yet he's still more of a man then you ever will be.

nothingclever
2010-05-20, 07:33 PM
"Aww, don't worry Edward-kun..what if I told you I knew how to win her heart? What's that worth to ya?"
"Not as much as knowing whatever it would take to win yours." *blush*

riccaru
2010-05-20, 07:36 PM
*smiles* We'll see about that, missy. You know you're just trying to hide your undying love for me.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-05-20, 07:38 PM
"Not as much as knowing whatever it would take to win yours." *blush*

"Hmm..." *whispers something about Renee and Ryouichi*

*smiles* We'll see about that, missy. You know you're just trying to hide your undying love for me.

"..." *dies laughing, several times*

Edge
2010-05-20, 07:39 PM
"It seems I missed the Ghost King replacing the other Espada with hormonal teenage excuses for Arrancar. Honestly, what is Hueco Mundo coming to?"

horngeek
2010-05-20, 07:39 PM
"It seems I missed the Ghost King replacing the other Espada with hormonal teenage excuses for Arrancar. Honestly, what is Hueco Mundo coming to?"

"My favorite kind of place."

riccaru
2010-05-20, 07:40 PM
(See, this is how I'm gonna win ALL my fights. Make them kill themselves from being in my presence.)You're afraid of your true feelings, but don't worry.. I'll never tell anyone about those pictures you have of me.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-05-20, 07:45 PM

"Chaos hopefully. It's a lot more fun this way, so many weak minds."

(See, this is how I'm gonna win ALL my fights. Make them kill themselves from being in my presence.)You're afraid of your true feelings, but don't worry.. I'll never tell anyone about those pictures you have of me.

"...Like this one."

Edge
2010-05-20, 07:47 PM
"It is times like this that I wish my mask were different, so I could introduce my palm to my face at high velocity."

riccaru
2010-05-20, 07:49 PM
"Aww, thanks Princess. Never knew you cared so much. Anyway, what is it that makes me so alienated to you, my dear?"

strawberryman
2010-05-20, 07:52 PM
"It is times like this that I wish my mask were different, so I could introduce my palm to my face at high velocity."

*Talon facepalms, mostly to spite Alejandro*

nothingclever
2010-05-20, 07:55 PM
"Why would you want to do such a crude thing? Why not get a proper makeover (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DaXJmo9cro) instead?"

Terry576
2010-05-20, 07:58 PM
"...You lot are all idiots. Now excuse me, I'm going to go strike fear into various low-grade Arrancar for my amusement."

riccaru
2010-05-20, 08:00 PM
"You lot? I find that distasteful, as well as inconsistent. What are you, British?"(IC... Idk if you are OOC...lawl)

Edge
2010-05-20, 08:03 PM
*Talon facepalms, mostly to spite Alejandro*

"My thanks, Talon. It is only logical that those suffering the impairment of emotion should suffer instead of I. After all, I would not care."

Terry576
2010-05-20, 08:04 PM
"You lot? I find that distasteful, as well as inconsistent. What are you, British?"(IC... Idk if you are OOC...lawl)

"No, I'm gaelic. And what are you, some kind of deranged schizophrenic monkey?"

riccaru
2010-05-20, 08:08 PM
"Well, you may be right on two parts. I'm sure I don't have a tail though. Are you blind as well as stupid?

Callos_DeTerran
2010-05-20, 08:08 PM
"Aww, thanks Princess. Never knew you cared so much. Anyway, what is it that makes me so alienated to you, my dear?"

"Isn't it obvious? Your pulse offends me, I can hear it every bloody second. Bump...Bump..Bumpbump...bump. IT'S MADDENINGGGGG! :smallfurious:"

"Just kidding!"

Terry576
2010-05-20, 08:11 PM
"Isn't it obvious? Your pulse offends me, I can hear it every bloody second. Bump...Bump..Bumpbump...bump. IT'S MADDENINGGGGG! :smallfurious:"

"Just kidding!"

"even if you are kidding, care to help me silence it? Or would you prefer to be tied up as I kill him myself?"

riccaru
2010-05-20, 08:13 PM
Err... do spiritual beings HAVE a pulse? Also, if I make a bount, who would objects completely to me having a doll based on the abyssal drake from the Draconomicon? (D&D)

nothingclever
2010-05-20, 08:13 PM
"It's not surprising his heart would beat with such intensity around you."

Draken
2010-05-20, 08:15 PM
Dolls can be based on anything really.

---

"I do hope this is not a preview of how it is going to be in the In character."

"If worse comes to worse, we can give their bodies to the children."

"It is an option that shall not be taken out of the table."

riccaru
2010-05-20, 08:17 PM
"YES! You have found my secret! My heart beats for you, my dear. Come, let us be away from these insolent ones and spend the rest of our eternity locked away together! I will treat you with he utmost respect and will cater to your every whim! please, take me as your own!...Heh, I made it all the way through without laughing."

horngeek
2010-05-20, 08:17 PM
<.<
>.>

I forget who exactly the full list of Central 5 are, exactly. Can someone remind me? :smalltongue:

Terry576
2010-05-20, 08:18 PM
"YES! You have found my secret! My heart beats for you, my dear. Come, let us be away from these insolent ones and spend the rest of our eternity locked away together! I will treat you with he utmost respect and will cater to your every whim! please, take me as your own!...Heh, I made it all the way through without laughing."

"Doesn't her Fraccion do the same thing?"

Draken
2010-05-20, 08:18 PM
<.<
>.>

I forget who exactly the full list of Central 5 are, exactly. Can someone remind me? :smalltongue:

Callos, Kasa, Zarah, Sucrose and Frozen.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-05-20, 08:19 PM
"even if you are kidding, care to help me silence it? Or would you prefer to be tied up as I kill him myself?"

"You think you could get a rope around me, your welcome to try it little man. And I'm not allowed to kill Fraccion. Or Espada...But I should be. Stupid laws."

"It's not surprising his heart would beat with such intensity around you."

"You don't have an off button, do ya?":smalltongue:

"Pfft. Like you two weren't young once. Hypocrites."

Edge
2010-05-20, 08:19 PM

"Do you require any aid in this endeavour, my liege?"

Terry576
2010-05-20, 08:20 PM
"You think you could get a rope around me, your welcome to try it little man. And I'm not allowed to kill Fraccion. Or Espada...But I should be. Stupid laws."

"Pfft. Like you two weren't young once. Hypocrites."

"Clearly, you didn't check my character page. I'm not a man."

horngeek
2010-05-20, 08:22 PM
Callos, Kasa, Zarah, Sucrose and Frozen.

All right.

<.<
>.>

I'm going to request, now that Boo's stated his revision won't finish for a while (and has requested that this not hold anything up), that Captaincy decisions be put up.

riccaru
2010-05-20, 08:22 PM
"We didn't have to check to notice that"

Me too, I wanna see the list of good guys we get to CRUSH WITH OUR BARE HANDS!!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHA - Err I mean, I'm interested for a completely not e-ville reason.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-05-20, 08:24 PM
"Clearly, you didn't check my character page. I'm not a man."

"Coulda fooled me." :smalltongue: Oops, that was my mistake. >.>

nothingclever
2010-05-20, 08:24 PM
"

"Not that I know of. I can't say whether I have an activation button either but you certainly turn me on."

Terry576
2010-05-20, 08:26 PM
"Not that I know of. I can't say whether I have an activation button either but you certainly turn me on."

NC, have an internet.

"Just because I'm so incredibly sexy that your worthless eyes perceive me wrong means nothing, Miss Tubetop."

Callos_DeTerran
2010-05-20, 08:27 PM

"Jeez, why don't you grow a big bushy mustache and call it a day?"

HG: Zarah is making the announcement. :smalltongue:

riccaru
2010-05-20, 08:27 PM
"Edward, we all see through your 'clever' disguise. Remember, it's not really in the closet if the door has always been wide open." (if this offends anyone, tell me. I'll change it.)

Edge
2010-05-20, 08:29 PM
"Give me strength..."

*pulls out iPod facsimile and begins listening to 30 simultaneous university lectures*

nothingclever
2010-05-20, 08:30 PM
"Jeez, why don't you grow a big bushy mustache and call it a day?"
"Anything to please you my dear but if I did it might get in the way of seeing the joy you bring to my face."

"Give me strength..."

*pulls out iPod facsimile and begins listening to 30 simultaneous university lectures*
"Why listen to that contraption when her voice is like music to the ears?"

Callos_DeTerran
2010-05-20, 08:33 PM
"Anything to please you my dear but if I did it might get in the way of seeing the joy you bring to my face."

"Why listen to that contraption when her voice is like music to your ears?"

"..." *Takes Alejandro's ipod facsimile* "I need this more then you, go flirt with Talon some more."

riccaru
2010-05-20, 08:34 PM
"You and I quite obviously have different tastes in music. Yours is a bitter,cold, and annoying palette." (so i guess no one is too put off by my other post?)

horngeek
2010-05-20, 08:34 PM
*Mei chuckles, watching*

"Ahhh... it's always amusing when someone tries to flirt with the Primera."

Edge
2010-05-20, 08:36 PM
"I am not aware that I was flirting with Talon at any point."

Tackyhillbillu
2010-05-20, 08:39 PM
"You lot make my head hurt. Talon, who should I crush to make this stop?"

Terry576
"Maybe Von Geister will be the Pastor for the wedding."

Moon Wolf
You guys are giving Friends a run for its money! :smallbiggrin:

riccaru
2010-05-20, 08:40 PM
This may be a dumb question, but who's Mei? I can't seem to locate her on the registry.

strawberryman
2010-05-20, 08:41 PM
"You lot make my head hurt. Talon, who should I crush to make this stop?"

"...'All of them' works. Except Alejandro. He's mine."

Edge
You guys are giving Friends a run for its money! :smallbiggrin:

"... Quick, someone get me a weapon that can fire a projectile into my head at high velocity."

"Is this the phenomenon known as 'caring'? You're getting weaker, Talon."

horngeek
This may be a dumb question, but who's Mei? I can't seem to locate her on the registry.

Octava Espada. She's on the wiki.

...I'll probably just link to her on the registry for now.

riccaru
2010-05-20, 08:42 PM
*hands him a USP .45 with hollowpoints* "Have fun."

Moon Wolf
2010-05-20, 08:43 PM
"... Quick, someone get me a weapon that can fire a projectile into my head at high velocity."

Shoot, *finger snap* seem to be out of those at the moment. :smalltongue:

Tackyhillbillu
2010-05-20, 08:43 PM

"...I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to crush Von Geister."

strawberryman
2010-05-20, 08:44 PM
"Is this the phenomenon known as 'caring'? You're getting weaker, Talon."

"You wish." *Walks off with a less-than-friendly gesture*

*Talon facepalms* "Of course not, you idiot, and you couldn't even if you tried."

horngeek
2010-05-20, 08:44 PM

*Mei shows up*

"All you need is some love! Let me help!"

*starts wrapping Talon up and carrying her off* :smalltongue:

Terry576
2010-05-20, 08:45 PM

"Crushing Von Geister is like kicking a puppy:

It's fun at first, but it gets boring after a while."

Tackyhillbillu
2010-05-20, 08:45 PM
*Mei shows up*

"Talon is my woman!"

*Starts attempting to crush Mei... unsuccesfully.*

Callos_DeTerran
2010-05-20, 08:47 PM
"You and I quite obviously have different tastes in music. Yours is a bitter,cold, and annoying palette." (so i guess no one is too put off by my other post?)

"You do know I'll get, at best, ten lashes for murdering you in whatever fashion I want? I can live with that. :smallamused: Can you?"

*Mei chuckles, watching*

"Ahhh... it's always amusing when someone tries to flirt with the Primera."

"Oh good. Mei's here. I could listen to that pulse all night...that reminds me, did you get that invitation to my Palicio?"

"I am not aware that I was flirting with Talon at any point."

"Really? Cause you look at her an awful lot. Sure you aren't a loli-lover? You know what they say, lust builds all bridges...and then burns them, but I'm sure you two would be the exception!"

nothingclever
2010-05-20, 08:48 PM
"I wish I was yours."

Tackyhillbillu
2010-05-20, 08:49 PM
"I wish I was yours."

"RAAARGH!"

*Attempts to crush both Mei and this newcomer... again with a notable lack of success.*

horngeek
2010-05-20, 08:49 PM
"Oh good. Mei's here. I could listen to that pulse all night...that reminds me, did you get that invitation to my Palicio?"

"Ummm... yes?"

----

By the way, Frozen, I've consolidated my characters into the one post.

I'll hold off deleting Natsuko's seperate post entry until the link for her is to the 'consolidated' post.

strawberryman
2010-05-20, 08:50 PM
*Mei shows up*

*Talon struggles*

"Hey! G-get off of me, you horny spider!"

"Talon is my woman!"

*Starts attempting to crush Mei... unsuccesfully.*

*Glare* "...For the hundreth time, I am not your woman!"

riccaru
2010-05-20, 08:51 PM
"In a literal sense, no I cannot live with that. Although I see no reason for you NOT to kill me, as I'm positive you'd be ecstatic over a public lashing. I'd be perfectly willing to provide you one, if that's all you're looking for."

Tackyhillbillu
2010-05-20, 08:51 PM
*Glare* "...For the hundreth time, I am not your woman!"

"What was that Talon? I can't hear you. I'm top busy crushing!"

Draken
2010-05-20, 08:53 PM
"Crushing Von Geister is like kicking a puppy:

It's fun at first, but it gets boring after a while."

*Crosses out Cecilia Alejwin from the espada roster*

horngeek
*Mei finishes wrapping Talon*

"You'll thank me later..."

*puts silk over her mouth* :smalltongue:

And before you ask, Mei will probably not do this in game.

...unless someone WANTS it to happen to one of their characters.

Edge
*Crosses out Cecilia Alejwin from the espada rooster*

"We have a pet rooster?"

Tackyhillbillu
2010-05-20, 08:54 PM

"Rooster? Where! Rooster's are tasty!"

Callos_DeTerran
2010-05-20, 08:55 PM
"Ummm... yes?"

"Oh good, I'll see you in two days then. Wear dark clothes."

"In a literal sense, no I cannot live with that. Although I see no reason for you NOT to kill me, as I'm positive you'd be ecstatic over a public lashing. I'd be perfectly willing to provide you one, if that's all you're looking for."

"And the shinigami wonder why I prey on my own, they're stupid enough to confuse 'sadist' with 'masochist'."

*Grabs Talon*

"My good luck charm.":smalltongue:

Terry576

Touche sir, touche.

I have one thing to say:

Totally. Worth it. :smallwink:

"Son of a-Von Geister took away my rooster time! I can't live without my rooster!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

horngeek
"Um... is there any particular reason for dark clothes, Genoveva?"

Moon Wolf
Maaan, Von Geister's got his work cut out for him. Big time. :smallamused::smallbiggrin:

Terry576
2010-05-20, 08:57 PM
Maaan, Von Geister's got his work cut out for him. Big time. :smallamused::smallbiggrin:

But we all know his solution:

Kill, Encyst, Kill, Enslave, Kill.

Tackyhillbillu
"And the shinigami wonder why I prey on my own, they're stupid enough to confuse 'sadist' with 'masochist'."

*Grabs Talon*

"My good luck charm.":smalltongue:

"Talon is mine! Continue the crushing!"

Callos_DeTerran
"Um... is there any particular reason for dark clothes, Genoveva?"

"Blood stains aren't as visible in them. Duh."

riccaru
"Ah, but you forget, most sadism also comes with tendencies for masochism. As you need to feel the pain in order to truly know it. Without firsthand experience you're just some second rate thug."

Innis Cabal
2010-05-20, 08:58 PM
Not to be a downer or anything..but are we seriously going to have two pages of random RP tid bits up? :smallconfused:

There's enough to slough through without it all...

horngeek
2010-05-20, 08:58 PM
"Blood stains aren't as visible in them. Duh."

"Um... am I likely to come of your palace alive and in mostly one piece?"

Draken
2010-05-20, 08:59 PM
*Crosses out of espada roster as well*

We find your nitpicking to be most aggravating."

riccaru
2010-05-20, 08:59 PM
Not to be a downer or anything..but are we seriously going to have two pages of random RP tid bits up? :smallconfused:

Seems that way, yeah. Anyway, would you rather have it out of our system before the plot or should we hold it in?

Callos_DeTerran
2010-05-20, 09:01 PM

"...Spoilsport."

nothingclever
2010-05-20, 09:01 PM
"Whatever pain you receive at her hands is worth it. To know heaven you must first know hell. Then again any time with her must be eternal bliss."