PDA

View Full Version : Making the most of the most attacks?

gallagher
2010-05-20, 12:32 PM
Hey all. I was wondering if there was a build out there with alot of attacks that had a decent chance of hitting the target.

For example: a tashalatora (sp?) monk/psychic warrior with the twf feats and intuitive attack, therefor benefitting further from his high wisdom. He also uses weapons with a good crit range, thanks to improved critical.

balistafreak
2010-05-20, 01:03 PM
Warforged Totemist can get 7 natural attacks. You'll need a boatload of feats, but it works out.

1 primary claw attack and 3 secondary claw attacks from Chakra-binding Giralon Arms. One (later two by taking the Second Slam feat when you qualify) secondary Warforged slam. One bite attack from the Warforged racial feat Jaws of Death.

Multiattack, Improved Multiattack, and a dip into Lion Totem Barbarian for Pounce are basically required.

For the lulz, add in Touch of Golden Ice from the Book of Exalted Deeds Egregious Cheese to force DC14 Fortitude saves on ANY evil foes (yes, even undead) that deal ridiculous amounts of Dexterity damage.

Greenish
2010-05-20, 01:08 PM
a dip into Lion Totem Barbarian for Pounce are basically required.Or, just bind sphinx claws to your hands.

Eldariel
2010-05-20, 01:10 PM
Eternal Blade Archer can get 9 (3 Rapid+Arrow Storm, 4 BAB, 1 Haste, 1 Whirling Frenzy) base attacks, take three full round actions and use Time Stands Still on two of them for 45 arrows doubled by Splitting for 90 total in one turn. White Raven Tactics and Moment of Alacrity could further add to this nova. Single full attack can involve up to 22 (Raging Mongoose -> Time Stands Still) doubled into 44.

You can also have natural attacks mixed in (Natural Bite is actually very useful for recouping maneuvers) and each of those attacks deals respectable (if not high) damage and each miss increases your To Hit ensuring most will land. I can't see it a problem to get at least 40 per arrow, and more if desired.

If you dual wield with Splitting Crossbows, you could add 3 extra base attacks for that. If you begin to abuse Aptitude, you can add Lightning Maces, Snap Kick, Circle Kick and stuff to that getting about 10000 attacks without even trying, but that's already a bit silly. And it relies on Aptitude-ability being a bit stupid.

DaedalusMkV
2010-05-20, 01:14 PM
Lightning mace builds can get you thousands or even millions of attacks per round. For example:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123839

I also saw an amusing build a while back that got itself half a dozen arms then used some sort of Dragon Mag weapon that doubled numbers of attacks to get several hundred attacks per round. Can't find it again, though.

Optimystik
2010-05-20, 02:13 PM
1d2 Crusader :smalltongue:

...you didn't say the attacks had to be due to BAB!

Ravens_cry
2010-05-20, 02:42 PM

I don't know much about that, besides the fact it gives infinite attacks, but wouldn't anything with DR 2/- or more lock down that build?
EDIT:I guess I don't know that build.

gallagher
2010-05-20, 03:30 PM

what is this build to which you refer?

Eldariel
2010-05-20, 03:34 PM
what is this build to which you refer?

Imbued Healing - Luck [CChamp] treats 1s as 2s on die rolls. Crusader's Aura of Chaos (or whatever) lets you reroll damage when you roll max and add it to the result, repeat ad nauseam. This combo (supposedly; I'd contest it, but that's besides the point here) means you always roll max damage and thus roll damage infinite times thus getting infi damage. It's only one attack though, so I don't see the point here...