PDA

View Full Version : Help me find a song? Please?

Suzuro
2010-05-22, 01:47 AM
All right, ladies and gentleman of the playground,

I wanted to see if y'all could help me find a song that I heard on our local college radio station. I've looked all over, and cannot find it.

Here is what I know:

the song is about a woman in the Air Force falling in love with a guy in the Marines, and some of the lyrics go thus: "Could a bird fall in love with a fish" and then something about where they would make their home.

Any help would be appreciated, I've been looking for this song for months and cannot find it.

Again, thanks in advance.

-Suzuro

Seonor
2010-05-22, 02:49 PM
Mark Knopfler - The Fish and the Bird (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzmsIdaoEZc) would be my first guess, but probably not what you are searching.

If not could you answer a few of these questions:
Who sang? Man, woman or choir?
Style? (country, rock,...)
Instruments? Electonic?
On which radio station and time and date was it aired?

dehro
2010-05-22, 03:08 PM
I think you meant FISH and bird?

anyway, there's a song with a similar title by Tom Waits (http://www.allthelyrics.com/lyrics/tom_waits/fish_and_bird-lyrics-211951.html)

Sneak
2010-05-22, 03:38 PM
That was all I could find as well, although neither of them seem to be what you're looking for.

Oh, and just as an FYI, I'm pretty sure "Could a bird fall in love with a fish" are not the actual lyrics. Because when you put that into Google in quotes, the only results you get are from this thread on GitP.

Mathis
2010-05-22, 05:21 PM
If the radio station is run by people who go to your local college you could send them en email explaining your question and include the lyrics you remember, or ask them in person. These people tend to have playlists they play months upon months and have most likely listened to this particular song several times and might, if you are lucky, recognize the lyrics. Alternatively they can give you the playlist they use and you can listen through it to find what you are looking for.