PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 I need a rabbit entry, ASAP

CTLC
2010-05-26, 01:51 PM
Hawlp

for a natural lycan rabbit vampire character

Cieyrin
2010-05-26, 02:01 PM
You mean you want a rabbit to base the Lycanthrope off of?

Seems to me the best way would be to refluff the Cat, dropping the Climb bonus and giving a burrow speed of 10'-20'. Possibly dropping the claw attacks, though, having read Watership Down, those might be able to stay.

DracoDei
2010-05-26, 02:29 PM
The cat thing works in general...

I think the MM tends to grossly exaggerate burrow speeds... burrow 5 means you can dig 10 feet in six seconds... which is far enough to be out of the reach of most predators with a limb small enough to reach down the hole you leave behind you (even if it wasn't plugged with dirt). Anything more than 5' is ridiculous from that perspective. Then again, if you want to be consistent with the rest of the MM then I could understand that...

Maybe Dodge as a bonus feat... or if you are feeling fancy, the Scout's +1 to AC when moving (no damage bonus obviously).

Cieyrin
2010-05-28, 01:30 PM
Maybe Dodge as a bonus feat... or if you are feeling fancy, the Scout's +1 to AC when moving (no damage bonus obviously).

Why not Expeditious Dodge and have both?

hamishspence
2010-05-28, 02:14 PM
There is precedent for using a cat as the basis for a rabbit- Dragon 341 suggests using cat stats for a rabbit familiar (and it granting the master +3 to all Listen checks).

The idea that the rabbit lycanthrope is also a vampire is an interesting one. I wonder if they will end up with the nickname Bunnicula? :smallbiggrin:

Cieyrin
2010-05-28, 02:51 PM
The idea that the rabbit lycanthrope is also a vampire is an interesting one. I wonder if they will end up with the nickname Bunnicula? :smallbiggrin:

I loved those books as a kid! =D

hamishspence
2010-05-28, 04:02 PM
I only read the first one- but it was pretty entertaining.

I wonder what might happen if the character falls afoul of a mob of vampire hunters- will they be singing "Kill Da Wabbit" to the tune of Ride of the Valkyries? :smallbiggrin:

MoleMage
2010-05-28, 04:13 PM
I killed da wabbit...
poor widdle bunneh...