PDA

View Full Version : [3.5, Psionic] How to summon Unbodied?

Analytica
2010-05-27, 09:02 AM
I had an idea about building a psionic cleric/shaman/medium/occultist-like character who would commune with spirits and trade power for knowledge with them, effectively gaining something similar to spirit shaman spell access. The idea would be to use Thieving Mindlink on the spirits to get temporary powers from them, and "repay" them using Bestow Power.

The problem, then: how to get the spirits? By spirits, I figured any creature with innate manifesting would work out. The first idea I got was to use Remote Viewing. If done using a Third Eye it wouldn't cost XP, and my shaman could, say, go into a trance every now and then, commune with some powerful gem dragon somewhere, and manifest Thieving Mindlink through the Remote View to borrow a power from it. It does mean one hour of meditation, plus between 14 and 21 PPs extra, but does the trick.

However, it would be even nicer to summon some form of spirit, like some hermetic occultist, and do the same thing with it. Unbodied fit the bill well; they are incorporeal, have innate manifesting ability, and can look like whatever they want. So how would I go about summoning them, assuming I am a mostly psionic character? Does anyone have an idea?

Ranos
2010-05-27, 09:23 AM
If psi-like abilities work, you could use Project quori spirit from Magic of Eberron.

If you've got the resources you could get yourself some UMD and a schema of spirit binding to summon up some Callers in Darkness.