PDA

View Full Version : Metamagic Reducers? [3.5]

Flickerdart
2010-05-30, 09:24 PM
I'm a Gnome Bard in an E6 campaign, currently 1st level. My combat ability is a joke, and so I've been thinking of improving that. The result was the Bardzilla concept (link in my signature). However, it requires Human to work. The only way I can get to be able to Persist spells as a Gnome is if I get some metamagic reducers to drop the cost of Persist to 4 (meaning that I can Persist 2nd level spells, which are as high as I'll get in E6 anyway) so that I can have nice stuff like Blur or Bladeweave up all day.

So, Playground. Early-game metamagic reducers to buff up in the morning. Feats are not a problem, this is E6. Skill requirements are (9 ranks is the most possible without more effort than I'm willing to put in unless absolutely necessary). Ready? Go.

dextercorvia
2010-05-30, 09:30 PM
Replied in the other thread... Metamagic reducers are fairly feat intensive.

Glimbur
2010-05-30, 09:43 PM
Metamagic Song (Races of Stone) + Extra Music(Complete Adventurer). Shazam!

Flickerdart
2010-05-30, 09:45 PM
Metamagic Song (Races of Stone) + Extra Music(Complete Adventurer). Shazam!
Metamagic Song can't raise the spell over the highest spell level I can normally cast. That's why the Bardzilla needs a different one and why I need real reducers.

Hm...looks like going Dragonblooded is going to get me both a metamagic reducer and Dragonfire, but past 1st level is too late. Shame.

DragoonWraith
2010-05-30, 09:50 PM
Stonehunter Gnomes (Dragon Magic) gain Dragonblood and +2 to Climb and Survival in exchange for the +2 vs Illusions and +1 to Illusion DCs - a harsh trade, definitely, but it saves you a feat on Dragonblooded, and then you can take Practical Metamagic.

PId6
2010-05-30, 10:22 PM
It's never too late to go Dragonborn... (Dragontouched also gets you dragonblood subtype.)

But yeah, Practical + Easy + School Focus + Arcane Thesis is -4 right there.

Flickerdart
2010-05-31, 10:54 AM
Well, looks like it'll be a whole ton of feats before this takes off, huh. Thanks, guys, I'll see if I can work these in.