PDA

View Full Version : Is Libris Mortis part of SRD?

Drakevarg
2010-05-31, 04:32 AM
Simple question. I'm working on a potential Big Bad for my campaign and I left my copy of Libris Mortis at home. Rather than halt the character creation process for a day, I was hoping someone might be able to link me to a (legal) online copy of it.

Ravens_cry
2010-05-31, 04:35 AM
If it isn't in D20 SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/), it isn't in the SRD.
No, I believe it isn't.

Drakevarg
2010-05-31, 04:38 AM
Damn. >_<

Of all they days to not obsessively carry all my sourcebooks everywhere I go...

Irreverent Fool
2010-05-31, 04:39 AM
As far as I know, the majority of the material from the Player's Handbook, Dungeon Master's Guide, Monster Manual, Unearthed Arcana, and the Epic Level Handbook are SRD material. There's a bunch of psionic stuff, too, but I'm not sure which books that's from (we rarely use psionics in our games). Other than that, no other books are included.

Bear in mind that if you own the book and need a portable version, you can certainly reproduce information for personal use (say stat blocks, specific bits) for adventures/characters/etc.

Nobody is going to be able to link you a copy, though.

Optimystik
2010-05-31, 04:40 AM
Libris Mortis is not OGC.

Interestingly, the same blurb ("This product contains no Open Game Content") at the beginning of all their other splat books is also at the beginning of the XPH, even though that one does contain Open Game Content. Is that an oversight, a loophole, or am I defining OGC incorrectly?

Drakevarg
2010-05-31, 04:44 AM
Bear in mind that if you own the book and need a portable version, you can certainly reproduce information for personal use (say stat blocks, specific bits) for adventures/characters/etc.

I think I might do that. I carry core in my book bag at all times in case I either a) get bored or b) there happens to be a session scheduled that afternoon, you never know. But for my other source books, there's simply not enough room in there.

Plus, they start to get heavy after a while, especially if you walk everywhere like I do.

Curmudgeon
2010-05-31, 05:14 AM
Interestingly, the same blurb ("This product contains no Open Game Content") at the beginning of all their other splat books is also at the beginning of the XPH, even though that one does contain Open Game Content. Is that an oversight, a loophole, or am I defining OGC incorrectly?
No, it was just a true statement at the time of printing. The content was released under the Open Gaming License, just later.