PDA

View Full Version : Some ideas on reamping 3.5 Druid Spells

Wrathofautumn
2010-05-31, 02:18 PM
You know, I think Druids are one of the most fun classes you can play in 3.5. They may not have the strongest spells, but they have a lot of weaker spells that you can combine with other spells to make them even more deadly. Having said that, I'd like to share some thoughts on some spells I think would kick some serious butt.

First of all, most of the spells will revolve around create water. Create Water is one of those interesting spells that is very versatile.

Control Water: I personally think the druid should be able to manipulate the water freely as though they had telekinesis. They could create water and then manipulate it to do what they wanted.

Call Lightning: Now, I hear this combination ranges from one DM to another. I feel though that, after talking about this with a friend of mine, if you doused some enemy with create water, using call lightning could spread lesser electrical damage to adjacent targets(Like 3d4 Lightning damage, I'd say.)

Freeze Water: Now this is a spell of my own thinking. It sort of works like create water, only it freezes up to 2 gallons of water/level. You could use this in conjuction with create water and freeze enemies in place or do some nasty cold damage them. Might make a very powerful level 2 spell for them.

Once again, these are just my thoughts. Willing to talk about it.

Mongoose87
2010-05-31, 02:47 PM
Although their spells aren't at the level of Clerics of Wizards, they're still the best base class (without PrCing) in the game. No buffs needed, sir.