PDA

View Full Version : Divine Dervish - Guild Wars Adapted class 3.5 [PEACH]

Sorafolktale
2010-05-31, 07:06 PM
Ok, as the title says, i adpted the Dervish class from the MMORPG Guild Wars.
I tried to make the class as much as much loyal as i could to the original one, without making it overpowered on D&D 3.5 system. This is what i came out.

So i would like to known opinions about it, to see if its a good adaptation and if someone think its too strong or good, etc. Feedbacks are welcome :smallbiggrin:

For more information about the class on the game :
Guild Wars Dervish (http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Dervish)

Now to explain the class:

Divine Dervish

- Dervish is a mythical warrior, being her greater trait her faith. Different from most of people that choose to worship one god and be devoted to it,
those who walk the path of the Dervish, see faith in all gods and worship them as source of illumination and strength.

Game Rule Information

Dervish have the game following statistics.

Abilities: Dervishes rely on their scythe, so physical strength is most important to attack foes and deal damage. As melee combatants, a high scored constitution is recommended to endure more damage, and finally, dextery improves defense.
Alignment: Any Neutral.
Hit Dice: d10.

Class Skills

The Dervish’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Wis), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Religion) (Int), Profession (Int), Ride (Dex), Sense Motive (Wis), Spellcraft (Int) and Swin (Str).
Skill Points at 1st level: (2+Int modifier)x4.
Skill Points at Each Additional Leve: 2+Int Modifier.

Divine Dervish
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+1|
+2|
+0|
+2|Mysticism

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+0|
+3|Deity Training

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+1|
+3|Grenth's Grasp I, Balthazar's Fury I

4th|
+4|
+4|
+1|
+4|Deity Training

5th|
+5|
+4|
+1|
+4|Dwayna's Ressonance I

6th|
+6/+1|
+5|
+2|
+5|Melandru's Resilience I

7th|
+7/+2|
+5|
+2|
+5|Lyssa's Intervention 1/day

8th|
+8/+3|
+6|
+2|
+6|Avatar Form 1/day

9th|
+9/+4|
+6|
+3|
+6|Deity Training

10th|
+10/+5|
+7|
+3|
+7|Deity Training

11th|
+11/+6/+1|
+7|
+3|
+7|Grenth's Grasp II, Balthazar's Fury II

12th|
+12/+7/+2|
+8|
+4|
+8|Avatar Form 2/day

13th|
+13/+8/+3|
+8|
+4|
+8|Dwayna's Ressonance II

14th|
+14/+7/+4|
+9|
+4|
+9|Melandru's Resilience II

15th|
+15/+10/+5|
+9|
+5|
+9|Lyssa's Intervention 2/day

16th|
+16/+11/+6/+1|
+10|
+5|
+10|Avatar Form 3/day

17th|
+17/+12/+7/+2|
+10|
+5|
+10|Divine Scyhte

18th|
+18/+13/+8/+3|
+11|
+6|
+11|Divine Mind

19th|
+19/+14/+9/+4|
+11|
+6|
+11|Divine Soul

20th|
+20/+15/+10/+5|
+12|
+6|
+12|Divine Body, Avatar Form 4/day[/table]

Class Features

All the following are class features of the Dervish.

Weapons and Armor Proficiency:
A Dervish is proficient with all simple weapons and one martial weapon choose for a deity weapon for each god, and with light, medium and heavy armor.
Below are the types of weapons reflecting each god :
Balthazar - Blades [ swords ], axes and picks;
Melandru - Ranged weapons;
Dwayna - Blunt Weapons;
Grenth - Schytes;
Lyssa - Dagger, Kukri, Sap, Polearms and reach weapons.
Mysticism (Su):
Starting at level 1, every time a benefic spell with duration greater than 1 turn ends on her, the Dervish gain some hit points, healing 2hp per Dervish level.
Deity Training:
At 2nd level, a Dervish gains a combat feat as a bonus feat, reflecting her training in one of the god's combat arts. At this level she can choose one feat of the fighter list, but she must still meet all pre-requesites for that feat. At 4th, 9th and 10th levels she gain another bonus feat.
Grenth’s Grasp (Su):
Starting at 3rd level, a Dervish can imbue her scythe with the elemental aspect of Grenth - cold. As a swift action, she can make her scythe deal +1d6 cold damage. This bonus become +2d6 at 11th level. This bonus don't stack with any weapon magical enhancement that grants elemental damage.
Balthazar’s Fury (Su):
Starting at 3rd level, a Dervish can imbue her scythe with the elemental aspect of Balthazar - fire. As a swift action, she can make her scythe deal +1d6 fire damage. This bonus become +2d6 at 11th level. This bonus don't stack with any weapon magical enhancement that grants elemental damage.
Dwayna’s Ressonance (Su):
Starting at 5th level, a Dervish can imbue her scythe with the elemental aspect of Dwayna - eletricity. As a swift action, she can make her scythe deal +1d6 eletric damage. This bonus become +2d6 at 13th level. This bonus don't stack with any weapon magical enhancement that grants elemental damage.
Melandru’s Resilience (Su):
Starting at 6th level, a Dervish can imbue her scythe with the elemental aspect of Melandru - acid. As a swift action, she can make her scythe deal +1d6 acid damage. This bonus become +2d6 at 14th level. This bonus don't stack with any weapon magical enhancement that grants elemental damage.
Lyssa’s Intervention (Su):
Starting at 7th level, a dervish is able of doing impossible deeds with her faith. Calling upon the blessing of the goddess of illusion, domination and inspiration, she can try to counter a single spell that was cast targeting her. She makes a caster level check using her Dervish level as caster level, opposing the spell’s DC. If she success, she counter that spell. This ability can be used once per day, and at 15th level and later, she can use twice per day.
Starting at 8th level, her faith in the gods is so solid that she gains a unique ability, the power of become the vessel of the gods. Through a temporary overflow of divine energy, she transform her body to be one of the avatar of one of the 5 gods. Each one gives unique bonus. Using this ability is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity.
Avatar of Balthazar - While in this form, all damage that the Dervish deal, is fire damage, and her speed increases 5 feets per 2 levels of this class. Also, her armor gains a sacred bonus equal to +1 per 2 levels of this class.
Avatar of Grenth - While in this form, all damage that the Dervish deal is cold damage, and she gains undead traits, she gains also cold resistence equal her Dervish level.
Avatar of Dwayna - While in this form, all damage that the Dervish deal is eletrical damage, and every time she succesfull deal damage on a target, she can heals hit points equal half her Dervish level. She also gains eletric resistance equal her Dervish level.
Avatar of Lyssa - While in this form, the dervish becomes under the same effects of the spell Blur, but can’t be dispelled. She also gains spell resistence equal 10 + her Dervish level.
Avatar of Melandru - While in this form, all damage the Dervish deal is acid damage and she becomes immune to conditions (ex: daze, shaken, burn, mundane poison, etc). She also gains resistence to acid equal her Dervish level.
This ability to call the forms of the avatars can be used once per day, and increases to twice per day at 12th level, three times per day at 16th level and finally, four times per day at 20th level. Each use of this ability stay active for a number of rounds equal her constitution modifier + 3.[/spoiler]
Divine Scythe (Su):
Starting at 17th level, her connection with the gods is so strong, that she can use her scythe to channel the wrath of the gods. Her scythe is treated as holy for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction. A Holy scythe is treated as being of all alignments at once and all materials, piercing, slashing, and bludgeoning for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.
Divine Mind (Su):
Starting at 18th level, a Dervish start to become the embodiment of the gods, making her much more strong on her willpower, granting her an insight bonus of +5 on her will saves.
Divine Soul (Sp):
Starting at 19th level, a Dervish continue to get closer to the gods, by getting her soul attuned with them, granting her the ability to use Protection from Good, Evil, Chaos and Law as a spell-like ability a number of times per day equal her Wisdom modifier.
Divine Body (Su):
At 20th level, she become one with the gods, making her able of use her avatar form as an immediate action. She algo no longer takes ability score penalties for aging (see Table 6-5: Aging Effects, page 109 PHB) and cannot be magically aged. Any penalties she may have alread incurred, however, remain in place. Bonuses still accure and the Dervish still dies of old age when her time is up.

Sorafolktale
2010-06-01, 10:54 AM
Noone ? :smallconfused:

IcarusWings
2010-06-01, 11:11 AM
A word of advice, unspoiler everything it will make it a lot easier to read.

Sorafolktale
2010-06-01, 05:57 PM
Ok updated to remove the spoilers , i tough that would be better to make the thread smaller, but guess i was wrong.

Anyway, still need some feedbacks :smalleek:

Cheesy74
2010-06-04, 10:31 PM
I like the concept, and you've done a good job of avoiding dead levels, which is a major perk for the class.

It seems pretty decently balanced, but the one thing I don't like is how inflexible it is. There's no room to design a specific "build" of Dervish, all of them will be exactly the same (except some feats, which will be hard to designate due to this same inflexibility). I suggest adding a bonus feat every so often (every five levels, maybe) drawn from the fighter bonus feat list. The class is pretty humdrum right now, it can probably use the boost in power.

Sorafolktale
2010-06-05, 01:07 AM
The flavor for the class is scythe user, but to let flexibility, can be a weapon of choice, being it a martial one, chosen at lv1. that way u can have diferent dervishes that uses diferent deities weapons.
Them, at each lv that would be feats for scythe, trade them for the same feats for the chosen weapon.
For example :
- Blades and axes for Balthazar
- Ranged weapons for Melandru
- Blunt weapons for Dwayna
- Scythes for Grenth
- Dagger-like and reach weapons for Lyssa

This way can make some flavor/background for different weapons, interesting idea.
And what do Humdrum means ?

Sorafolktale
2010-06-11, 11:00 PM
Ok, it's updated to add more flexibility to building the character. changed the focused scythe feats for fighter feats and weapons proficiency.

Still need some more feedbacks :smalleek:

Temotei
2010-06-11, 11:04 PM
And what do Humdrum means ?

Boring. White text.

Saveducks
2010-06-11, 11:59 PM
Cool but kind of a boring capstone